I am sure that most of the people having blackheads on nose. Why blackheads often occur on nose? This is because nose is the area where most of the oil glands concentrate if compared with other area on our face. When the sebaceous glandâ€™s bump accumulate excess oil, it will blocked the pores of nose and hence cause the blackheads on nose. There are other causes of nose blackheads include:
1. Hormonal imbalance
2. Excessive makeup and use of improper skin products (with fragrances and artificial colors)
4. Improper sleeping habits (Sleeping on one side)
5. Less water content in body
Nose blackheads are the most irritating skin problems which can affect your whole look. Nose blackheads are same with the normal blackheads. However, removing the nose blackheads is more difficult and painful if compare with the general blackheads.
Nose is a very sensitive area. Scratching or pricking the nose blackheads can worsen the condition and may leaving ugly scars on the skin. In order to get rid of the blackheads on nose, the most important things that you need to do is to minimize the causes of nose blackheads. Drinking lots of water and have a proper diet can simply help you up.
Treating the nose blackheads is the same as the treatment for the general blackheads. The first thing to look for a good blackheads treatment is a good antibacterial. When the bacterial trapped in the pores, you will get blackheads. Wash your nose with the antibacterial cleanser. Massage your skin so that the cleanser can get into the pores and clean up your pores.
Second, you may look for exfoliators. Exfoliators will brush away your dead skin cells which block your pores. Products that contain alpha hydroxyl acids (AHAs) or benzoyl peroxide are good in removing blackheads. Put some exfoliating cleanser on your sponge and scrub your nose gently with circular motions. However, exfoliating too much will dries out your skin. You can follow up with a good moisturizer.
However, in order to get rid of blackheads permanently, having healthy lifestyle is crucial for everyone. Sleep at least 8 hours a day and maintain a healthy diet are necessary to maintain a healthy skin. Sleeping late, thus having not enough sleep, will bring out acne because the body is telling you that the body clock is disturbed and the hours of rest is not enough.
Well, first of all, before we discuss about the method to get rid of blackheads, let me tell you a little bit about blackheads. What is blackhead? To put it simple and understandable, blackheads are little bumps which embedded into the pores due to the excess oil in the pores of our skin. Blackhead usually caused by dead skin cells which cannot be cleansed out due to blockage. When this oil is contact with the oxygen in the air, it will oxidize and turns dark color.
What is the difference between blackheads and whiteheads?
When the trapped sebum and bacteria stay below the skin surface, a whitehead is formed. Whiteheads have a white appearance and most commonly will gradually become pimples. Differing from whitehead, a blackhead is formed when a pore is partially clogged and allowing some of the trapped sebum to slowly drain to the surface.
Quickest way to get rid of blackheads
Ok, now you know what is blackhead and how it form. If you want to quickly get rid of blackheads, first you need to focus on reducing the excess oil in the pores on your skin. The simplest and the easiest way to reduce sebum oil in your skin is to wash your face twice a day (in the morning after you wake up and at night before you sleep). Unfortunately, most of the people fail to do this simple fact! You should not underestimate the important of washing face. Washing your face can helps to reduce the amount of sebum oil and remove dead skin cell in your skin.
Effective home remedies to get rid of blackheads
Before using any home remedy for blackheads, you must always remember to wash your face with cleanser or steaming the area to open up the pores.
Oatmeal always is the best choice for me to get rid of blackheads. (You can also refer to How To Get Rid of Acne). Here are the procedures:
1.Mix the oatmeal powder with enough rose water.
2.Make a soft paste and spread it on your skin.
3.Rub your skin softly and pay more attention to the problem areas.
4.Leave it on to dry off. (If possible, you can put it on whole day from day to night)
5.Rinse off the oatmeal paste with cold water.
Lemon juice. Lemon contain Alpha Hydroxy Acid which is a key ingredient in most acne medications that naturally exfoliates the skin. Lemon juice can help you to hide your blackheads because it bleaches the color of it. Moreover, lemon juice helps your skin environment hostile to bacteria by balance of your skin with the pH.
1. Dip the cotton swab into the pure lemon juice and apply it to the affected areas two or three times daily. (It takes a few weeks to see the results, soâ€¦BE PATIENT!)
1.Mix Â½ teaspoon of lemon juice with an egg white. Apply the mixture to the face until it completely harden. Pull the mask off the face to remove blackheads. (Do not wash the mask off.)
2.Splash your face with cool water to remove the remaining mask.
Toothpaste is another method that is well known to work on spots (but is not guaranteed). Here are the procedures:
1.Sterilize the toothbrush with boiling hot water.
2.Put a small amount of toothpaste on the toothbrush.
3.Scrub the affected area with your toothbrush for a small amount of time (Do it daily and you will see the effect!)
CAUTION: Make sure you do not apply too close to the eyes! Toothpastes can irritate your eyes!
Please remember, different skin types have different method to cure your acne problems. Donâ€™t be easily discouraged when one of them did not work! Keep trying and eventually you will find the best method which is best suit for your skin types. A lot of people start trying to treat their blackheads but give up when they do not see any instant results. THERE ARE NO INSTANT RESULTS WHEN TRYING TO CURE YOUR BLACKHEADS AS WELL AS YOUR ACNE PROBLEMS. Try some method for several months and if it does not work, try something else! You need to be patient while treating your skin problems.
Today, I am going to blog about the common FAQ that most of the acne sufferer wish to know. Here I list out 5 common questions and the answer on each of the question. (Resource:http://mybookweb.com/blog/)
Well, here are the common FAQ:
1.How does acne form and how do I get rid of them?
Well, I suffer from acne for more than 10 years since my teenage years and based on my experience, the best cure for acne is not any conventional acne product but how to care your body the right way. Why I said so? Most of the conventional acne product in the market is to cure the symptoms of acne but not the root cause of it. In order for us to cure our acne permanently, we need to put effort on our whole body from the inside out and allow the skin to heal itself. How? Please log on to my external blog to find out more.
2.Whatâ€™s the difference between pimples and acne?
Acne is cause by the inflammation of sebaceous glands and hair follicles while pimples are lesions which occurred due to excessive production of sebum when sebaceous glands and hair follicles are clogged and inflamed. On the other words, pimple is a kind of acne and may cause by the excess oil getting trapped in the pores.
3.What vitamins should I take for acne/acne scars?
There are various of vitamins that are essential for our healthy skin. Here I list out 2 which I think is the most important for me.
Vitamin A. You should know that deficiency of Vitamin A can be a cause of acne. Vitamin A is also important for the maintenance and repair of skin tissues.
Foods rich in vitamin A:
1.Liver â€“ the liver of any animals (Turkey liver can be considered as the best choice)
2.Paprika, red pepper, cayenne and chili powder
5.Dark leafy greens
Next is Vitamin E. Vitamin E generally thought to be helpful in scar healing because its contain antioxidant properties. However, studies suggest that it should only be taken in small doses.
Foods rich in vitamin E:
2.Paprika and red chili powder
8.Pickled green olives
4.Does chocolate really cause acne?
Haha..Here I need to say congratulation to all chocolate lovers! A lot of skin care experts said that this is the myth and CHOCOLATE DOES NOT CAUSE ACNE! Acne caused by dead skin cells that clog pores, bacteria buildup and excessive oil produced by sebum. As a conclusion, acne did not caused by any specific food!
5.How long does acne last without using medicine?
Itâ€™s actually depend on how you take care of your skin and how serious is your acne problem.
Do not touch your face especially with your hand. You may not know that there are a lot of bacteria on your hand! Secondly, do wash your face twice a day. (Wash your face in the morning after you woke up and night before you go to bed.) Another way to improve your acne problem is do some regular exercise. It will clear out your pores and dead skin cells. After sweating, please remember to take shower to keep your skin clean.
Always remember to keep your skin clean is the most simple and easy way to reduce your acne!
Till here then. Stay tune for my next article!
There are hundred of home remedies for acne out there and you are wondering which one is actually effective? Today, I am going to teach you 5 simple and effective ways on how to get rid of acne which I experienced before and found that its really work for me! Follow them and do let me know if they worked on your skin. Iâ€™m sure they will! =)
1. Oatmeal. Oatmeal contain polysaccharides (a type of complex carbohydrate). A gel will form when the polysaccharides mix with water. This gel is very effective in soften and nourishes the skin. Oatmeal also contains healthy fats. When this fats contact with your skin, it will helps to add on the moisture contain to your skin and prevent your skin from drying out!
Ok, how to used oatmeal for skin remedy?
First, mix the oatmeal powder with enough rose water as if you were going to eat it. Then let it cool off ( Iâ€™m sure you donâ€™t want to burn your skin right? Haha..).Then, make a soft paste so that it can spreads easily on your skin. Rub your skin softly with your fingertips and pay more attention to the problem areas. After that, you just leave it on to dry off (about 15 minutes). Rinse off the oatmeal paste with cold water. For the problem areas, you probably can put more on it, for almost whole day until night. This method is very good in getting rid of acne especially blackheads!
2. Honey. Using honey to cure acne is probably one of the best natural way to clear your skin up and it also works as a great moisturizer! (It works so well and I donâ€™t even need to buy any moisturizerâ€™s products in the market. If you donâ€™t mind to let your skin being sticky for a few minutes a day, you should give honey a try!) In order to effectively cure your acne problems, you should buy unprocessed and uncooked honey in the market. Apply honey to your skin for around 10 to 15 minutes a day and your pimples should have incredibly improved! This is because honey has some anti-bacterial properties that help to reduce your blemishes and prevents for future breakouts. You may also try to mix honey with apple cider vinegar, cinnamon or even egg yolks but still, honey is the best ingredient I had ever tried!
3. Strawberry leaves. Why your acne gets red and painful? This is because there is a direct link between pH and inflammation. Basically, low pH (acidity) will make the inflammation condition become serious while high pH (alkalinity) will reduce the inflammation. Therefore, one of the best ways to reduce the acidity in the inflammation areas which are prone to acne is to apply something alkaline. Strawberry leaves are one of the best alkaline solution to the inflammation area on your skin. What you need to do is take a cup of strawberry leaves and grind the leaves with probably a teaspoon of water to make a thick paste. Apply this paste to your acne prone areas like mask and leave on for 20 to 30 minutes. Rinse off the paste with clean and cool water and you are done to reduce the inflammation in your acne and therefore reduce the redness, pain and swelling!
4. Tomato pulp. Tomatoes posses high level of vitamins C and A, antioxidants and acidic content which are very useful for skin. Tomatoes make an excellent skin treatment from treating large pores and acne to rashes and more. What you need to do is just simply mash a tomato into pulp and spread the pulp on your face and even the areas without acne. Leave the tomato pulp on your skin for an hour or more, then rinse and moisturize. Do this every day for several days and you will see the great effect!
5. Seawater. The salt water in the ocean is extremely strong and the high levels of salt content that is proven to be anti-bacterial and anti-microbial . I use to go for a swim at the sea and within just an hour of being in the seawater, I noticed there has considerable improvement on my acne! Of course you do not need to go to the beach with a lot of jars and put sea water in it, homemade saltwater have the significant effect too! To do so, mix salt and water and boil for a few minutes. Put the solution aside until it is cooled. Then use it to wash your face everyday.
Once you understand the basic causes of acne, it will become easy to understand these home remedies. Some of the home remedy is work for opening clogging pores, and some of them might work to get rid of the bacteria on the skin. Some may donâ€™t work at all! I encourage you to experiment with these home remedies and see which work for you. But if you have a serious acne problem, you should consider using anti-acne product or the best will be approach a dermatologist.