Biore Deep Pore Charcoal Cleanser Reviews

Brand: Biore

Biore Deep Pore Charcoal Cleanser

DO NOT BUY

I was making my own facemasks at home that worked great so I thought i would try a "real" product. My acne is so so bad right now, I've never had such terrible break outs before! it's all along my right jaw line/cheek. Please do yourself a favour and DO NOT get this product!! I stopped washing my face for about a week and it was slowly recovering. Stupid me used it the past two nights and my skin is super bad again. Chalked it up to this product and swiftly threw it out.

SAD

So... this all started on February 13th, 2018... the day i will never forget..... I didn't ever really have bad acne growing up, maybe just a few breakouts here and there only on my forehead. as i got older this went away, but i needed a new face wash and started to notice my acne coming back. So i tried biore, the label clearly reads *prevents breakouts* i am so disappointing and i feel like I have been robbed of my money and lied straight to my face... after 2 days of using this product a breakout like never before occurred. I have NEVER had a breakout like this in my LIFE. Red... white.... all over my cheeks and jaw... I am too embarrassed to go out because it is so bad. People are saying that if you experience break outs that means its working and too stop using it if it gets worse after a while. OH HELL F**KING NO WHAT KIND OF FACE WASH MAKES YOU BREAK OUT EVEN MORE AND THEN YOU HAVE TO WAIT TO SEE IF IT GETS WORSE??????? THIS IS THE WORST BREAK OUT I HAVE EVER HAD IN MY ENTIRE LIFE. I WAS BETTER OFF NOT WASHING MY FACE AT ALL. I AM SO MAD AND DISAPPOINTED I DO NOT EVEN WANT TO GO OUT IT IS SO BAD. DO NOT BUY THIS, I DO NOT RECOMMEND, SAVE YOUR MONEY AND SAVE YOUR FACE!!!!!! thank you u suck

Allergic reactions on fleek

BUYER BEWARE!!! this stuff is filled with allergy causing chemicals. For those saying it is "purging" your skin --> purging usually will occur only in areas you get your acne, and it will be just that- your usual acne. Maybe cystic depending. This stuff gave me hives, a million tiny whiteheads all over my face too. My eyes are starting to swell shut. This is not purging. You can also google "face allergic reaction" and probably find images of people with the same thing- it usually occurs due to plant extracts or known allergens (METHYLISOTHIAZOLINONE being one of them in this ingredient). So yeah. NOT GOOD AT ALL!! steer clear, this is an acne sufferer's worst nightmare.

Is it worth the time?

After 2 days of using this product, I had my first 'breakout'� in my acne experience. This is a very good product for many people, but for some people, it causes major breakouts, dry skin, and itching. This happens because it pulls up all the dirt from your pores and slowly dries them out, it just takes a while.. patients is key. I only recommend this product if you already have bad acne. If not, it's not worth the risk or the time. I immediately switched back to my old face wash routine which I highly recommend. I wash my face only twice a day, when I wake up and before I go to sleep. I start with my face wash 'Neutrogena pore refining exfoliating cleanser'� Then I use my toner 'Neutrogena pore refining toner'� and one the toner air dries, I apply moisturizer to keep my face from getting dry skin. This has been helping clear my face since the break out. I hope you found this helpful.

Is it worth the time?

Comments

The inital breakout isn’t unusual.

Um. What most of you are experiencing with this product is called skin purging. I'm surprised a lot of you weren't aware of this. Start using this twice a week and then gradually move your way up. The purging shouldn't last more than 6-8 weeks. If you're still having breakouts after that period, your skin is just having a reaction to the product so you can ditch it.

Comments

Should be off the market

I have struggled with teenage acne for four years now. i have used salycyic acne treatments and so much more but never has ever worked. so i ignored all of these reviews, convinced myself that i knew everything, and used this product. i have NEVER had a reaction to a product. but with this, two days after use i started to feel itching on my chin. around an hour later, dozens of tiny whitehead's had clumped together around my chin. (BTW= i have never really 'broken out'� in my acne experience, but have suffered painful cystic acne and just random pimples all over my face). soon after, it had spread to my cheeks and nose. i am absolutely terrified to wake up in the morning and see what has become of my face. (i don't have sensitive skin). if you want to buy this'” JUST DONT. i know it works really well for some people, i do, that's why i bought it. but it's not worth the risk. not at all. find something better, JUST NOT THIS. PLEASE. i can't ztreas this enough. i know you may think it will change your life, but there are many other SAFE products that can. for all the reviews on here with one star, just listen to us. don't try it. '”-it's not worth it for the sake of just trying something new'”. wish me luck. i will update if needed. hopefully it will not be needed.

Did you find a cure??? Because the exact same thing happened to my on my chin area, also my bottom eye lids are super dry and itch! Smh

Horrible

Causes horrible inflammation of my skin. When I use this I get huge inflamed red pimples. I just read the ingredients and it contains both salicylic acid and menthol- not written on the front of the bottle. I've used lush dark angels charcoal scrub and loved it I think a much better/more natural alternative.

Acne Breakouts? Read This

If you are experiencing break out, it means this product is cleaning your face. I promise you I've dealt with acne all my life and I broke out with this. But after awhile of using this '” the acne will go away! Remember use this for a week or two. If you feel like it's still doing worse, do not use. My routine: using this, use a toner after (I use witch hazel) apply moisturizer and if so, an acne gel/cream if you're still worried. Just being helpful :-) sometimes you start with a break out before it cleans your face. It's job is removing dirt and what's inside, so you'll have breakouts.

Breakout, peeling, rash, inflammation,, DONT BUY

Broke out 2 days after I started using this,, then my skin started to peel like sunburn and got really inflamed, later on I put jojoba oil and moisturiser on and my skin started to burn badly ,, realised the product has also given me a rash !!! It's still stinging hours after removing all products from my skin,,,,Please do not buy !!

Awful

I am beyond disappointed with the Biore Charcoal Once Face Wash. I am not one to normally call out on something but this had to be done. I bought this product a couple of days ago. Not even after 2 days I currently have a rash all over my face. It is itchy, it burns and hurts to touch. I normally read reviews before purchasing a new product, especially a face one and I am gratefully regretting that I did not this time. I could not figure out where the rash came from until I looked up what others had to say about this product. I clearly am not the only one who had an issue. Im sure I am not the only one who has reached out and said something. This product should not be on the market and shame on them for continuing to advertise it. Disappointed.

How did you get rid of the rash? :(

Gave me a breakout instead of helping in general

Didn't have acne, bought this to add to my skincare routine to help with how oily my skin can be. Within a day or two afterwards, began having a breakout. Continued use of this product to give it the benefit of the doubt but the breakout only got worse and spread very rapidly. Wouldn't recommend.

Smokeywings

Don't waste your money

I thought this would be really good for my skin type so I used it before I went to bed. My skin felt good but after two days I broke out even worse. I tried it again but the same thing happened. I don't recommend it.

Terrible

Don't waste your money, buy another product. I only used this cleanser twice and by the second day I broke out in little white sores/pimples all over my face and neck. I've never been so embarrassed to show my face in public before. I have oily skin and was excited to see a product finally made for my skin type, but was I wrong. This is the worst product ever. No one should have to go through this burning, itchy pain on their face. . . Ever!!!! I will never use this again or by a biore product.

Did you ever call the company? My daughter just had the same thing happen

Horrible

I have mildly sensitive skin that is usually quite clear. When I used the biore charcoal face wash before bed it felt great.. when I woke up in the morning I realized it burnt my skin dried it out and gave me pimple like rashes all over my face and down my kneck! Not recommended for sensitive skin! Very upset about this product!

What did you do to get rid of the rash?!! I used this product 2 nights ago and since yesterday and today my face is full of this rash, I don't know what to do? Help!!!
What did u do to help I have bumps all over face and neck,!!
Please tell us what did you do for the rash to go away :(
My daughter just had the same thing happen. 4 Days of burning, swelling and redness & little bumps. Doc put her on prednisone and we applied witch hazel. Day 4 finally now starting to get better. Her 1st day with no burning

Nope. Nope.

Ive been using this product for roughly a month now and just as expected, no results! Its a cheap cleanser that I found at my local drugstore and bought because I was broke and needed a new, inexpensive cleanser. I wasn't expecting a miracle result but I sure as heck wasn't expecting to break out even more. Thats right! - New whiteheads on my forehead, cheeks and even rare places where I usually never get acne! Really disappointed with this regimen even when I had expected nothing but was still left dissatisfied. Don't waste your money! Save to get a better cleanser than this especially if you have sensitive skin, and as for me I have no choice, the next product im saving for is tree tea oil so I will have to stick with this product for a little while longer!

I Don't Give This Enough Credit

Here's the thing: I really like this product and forget how much I like it. It's extremely tough on dirt but never really dried my skin out I don't think. However, my skin without it looks better than it did with it so I can't truly advocate for it. But let me say this: I think this is a good product worth your money to try out more than a lot of other products you are curious about. I don't think it made my skin any worse, & I know it didn't dry me out, but I definitely know it wasn't a miracle worker either. HOTTAKE: If you're looking for a tough cleanser for summer to cut thru pools of sweat and oil...I highly recommend this. As an everyday cleanser for your everyday life...lets be honest, you can do better.

Horrible

The worst, I don't trust the other reviews because this cleanser was not gentle for my skin. Caused new acne everyday until I stopped using it and switched to Cerave SA cleanser. This has been healing my face after what the harsh charcoal cleanser left me with.

really good product

i use this stuff twice a day and every time I use it my skin feels like heaven. honestly if u try it once you're gonna be hooked cause it gives you a really clean feeling.... also it is a part of my acne regimen, I chose it as my cleanser and I usually follow up with benzoyl peroxide and some moisturizer!! works great and smells great and I trust it completely

Comments

it's great for cleansing pores

Its a great cleanser and every time i wash my face with this my face feels soo clean and it feels like its breathing. I'm glad it doesn't have benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid cause i don't trust those anymore. I think this cleanser is better for my face and safer

So gentle

Love this stuff! I've had acne for 11 years, getting worse recently. I decided to try this after being inspired by an expensive product on amazon. This wash smells great, like tea tree or menthol. Its extremely gentle. It comes out as a dark thick gel with small black flecks. you can't even feel the flecks exfoliate. It tingles thanks to the menthol but is so smooth! It has no typical acne fighting ingredients, just charcoal. I'm using a sulfur treatment afterward and after only three days i'm far less oily and my skin is not nearly as red and irritated looking!

Popular Cleansers/Washes