Bio-Oil Skincare Oil Reviews

Brand: Bio-Oil

Bio-Oil Skincare Oil

Good for Skin That Doesn’t Have Active Acne

I think the problem many people have with this product is that they’re using it over active breakouts. The directions say not to use over broken skin. However, as someone who has dealt with cystic acne for many years with very sensitive, very oily skin, this product was great for removing hyperpigmentation. **However**, I waited until after my active acne was cleared up through use of other products before using this one. Don’t be scared of using oil on top of your oily skin, I found that it helped me obtain more balanced skin. I also only used this product before bed, after I already cleansed and moisturized. Overall, great product that helped me remove hyperpigmentation and hydrated my rolling acne scars making them less visible.

Comments

Broke me out horribly! Mederma or acne free scar eraser is better

Breakout warning

I've clear skin already, just wanna reduce some acne scars and my face is very dry, so i bought this, it is works since i notice in the third month, my acne scars fade away and a little bit smooth (just a little bit), but then in the third month also broke me out so badly, i have 2 big acne in just one night, then i still using it, until i have 4 big acne and it hurt so much, so bumpy. Then i have 8 not really big-acne. The big acne now leave a really bad spot T,T and the 8 not really big-acne still in my face and it is so hard to get rid of it!

broke out so so badly

I’ve been on the pill for a month and half now and my skin has started to improve. I used bio oil to help with bad scarring. Within a day my skin broke out so badly ! It’s like I’ve not been on the pill at all! I would say do a test on a small scar for a couple of days before putting it in your whole face like I did.

It's alright.

I used bio oil back in the day on my acne scars and they started to fade within about a week of use. Recently my skin has been going through a breakout period, but has finally cleared up and i've decided to go back onto bio oil to reduce the scarring. I've used it every night for about a week and a half and it hasn't really done much.. or maybe i haven't noticed a change. It also leaves my skin feeling oily, so i would only use this at night time. Also this product isn't known for working 100% for acne scars, mainly it has a high success rate for stretch marks so don't be surprised that it hasn't worked for you.

Do not try !!!

This is straight up mineral oil !!!! Clogs pores and does not work. Don't even try this it's not worth it.

😱 it works

I've been using bio oil on my 14yr old stretch marks and they r now 4* smaller then they used to b after a month of applying to them so I started thinking if bio oil would help my acne on face back and boobs been using it on all acne prone areas and am noticing a huge difference a week later I'm surprised I can now face each day with confidence and not have to apply wall paint 😂 but b warned bio oil isn't for all skin types best to use on face if u have non oilly skin bio oil has been an absolute god send for me I certainly recommend it

My skin is also softer and smoother it's almost like silk my acne prone back is also clearing up and the scars are disappearing b4 my eyes same as stretch marks skin on tummy has tightend up so happy I found something that finally works for me
Can it also remove the dark spot caused by pimples?

Bio oil has cleared my skin

I don't have severe acne, but I do suffer from oily skin and I have nasty spots and regularly had more than 5 spots at a time. I first started using this when my sister, who is studying BA cosmetic science at LCoF, wouldn't stop raving about how much it had changed her acne on her face -and her skin was completely clear. So i was sceptical at first about putting an oil on my already oily skin but after a month of using this nightly I was so happy with the results! My skin is clearer, softer and I barely get breakouts (if I do they disapear quicker than they did). Bio oil is proven to be non- comedogenic (which means it won't clog pores) and is also a dry oil so is easily absorbed. The thing I would advice to do would be to make sure you cleanse and moisturise the morning after you apply it and thoroughly cleanse before you apply it! :)

Comments

Not really understanding the bad reviews

Love this stuff! Was an impulse buy at Walmart. Heard lots of good stuff about this so I just gave it a go. Two drops is enough for the entire face and it absorbs quickly without leaving a greasy feel. Put some on before bed and woke up to my redness soothed and some big red zits smaller, no clogged pores either. Been using it for about 3 days and I love it! Really helping my redness. The only thing I don't like about this is the smell and packaging. Wish it came with a dropper rather than the thing it has.

Comments

NEVER apply this to your face!

I would give bio oil 0 stars if i could. I applied this to my face and it broke me out on my nose - a place where i NEVER EVER get pimples! I now have an aggravating spot, it doesnt hurt or have a head, but the spot does feel bumpy. I had clear skin with no active spots up until i put this trash on my face, woke up the next morning with a SPOT on the right side of my nose! I seem fussy but i'll be using this up on my body, never on my face again. When i looked at the ingredients i was skeptic as to why this product had so many ingredients and chemicals. If you want to self inflict and introduce acne then buy this product. DO NOT BUY THIS UNLESS YOU USE IT ON YOUR BODY FOR STRETCH MARKS, BODY SCARS, AS A BODY OIL, ETC, JUST NEVER APPLY IT ON YOUR FACE I WARNED YOU!

Worst breakouts! AVOID!!

I suffer from mainly acne scars more than I do acne so I decided to purchase this product after hearing about what it can do to acne scars and this is probably the worst product I have bought throughout my life. I have purchased other products and I have never had this experience. The products either work or they don't! Simple as. I did not really understand at first why I was breaking out. I wasn't eating as much junk, my diet hadn't really changed either so I was unsure to what the reason was for my acne to suddenly flare up. I have only had this bio oil for about 1/2 weeks and I used this product every night before I went to sleep. My acne has recently flare up from the past week or so. I have never had so many spots on my left cheek until today. I am assuming this is what's caused the breakout and I don't want to risk using this any longer to see whether or not if that's the case. I would avoid this at all costs and try something else. I have changed my routine to using cetaphil cleaner, benzyl peroxide 5% and cetaphil lotion, hoping this work as this is cheap and has good reviews. AVOID at all costs!!

Seems good so far

Been using the bio oil for a few weeks. Yes it has caused me to have a few breakouts but the discolouration of my skin from old acne scars has much improved! Personally I think the extra spots are worth the benefits. After about a week or two it didn't seem to upset my skin as much! I'll continue to use it for the recommended minimum of three months as it has given me back some confidence with a bare face! Don't knock it until you give it a decent chance. Any new products can unbalance your skin to start. Give it at least a month guys!

I broke out overnight

After reading quite mixed reviews of this product I decided to give it a go just to see how it reacted to my skin. I have some residual marks and hyper pigmentation on my face as well as some old chicken pox scars that I thought this could also help with. I have combination skin and whilst my T zone isn't very oily it is compared to my cheeks which can get quite dry. I applied this at night after I washed my face as usual and when I woke up in the morning my cheeks felt super smooth and hydrated however when I looked in the mirror I realised I had several new spots across my forehead and around my nose. I haven't had a breakout like this in over a year so I instantly knew the bio-oil was the cause and I haven't used it since. my skin is starting to calm down again but it will be a while till its back to the way it was before.

Broke me out like crazy

This thing clogged my pores like crazy. After a week of using Bio Oil, my face looked like a large pepperoni pizza and I usually don't break out like that. I only get a pimple or two every week or so. It's been over two years since I tried it and I felt like it was my duty to prevent people from buying it -- especially if you have oily/acne prone skin. AVOID at all costs!

Comments

This product is great but it isn't made for my skin

It is a great product but only if you don't have an oily skin. I used it for scar treatment. It did help with the scars and my skin felt softer and good but it made my skin to break out. Not being sure about what was causing the break outs at that time, I kept using it for like 2 weeks. What it did to my skin was curing the old scars and giving new pimples. I will just say it is worth giving a try. Everyone is different. I love this product but the breakouts are keeping me from using it, still I am finding a way to make it work out for my skin. I am gonna give it a try again by mixing it with tea tree oil and then using it.

Someone help me I'm stuck

Does anyone know I found it helps get rid of your pimples and blemishes?

No, Bio oil absolutely isn't made to cure pimples neither does it helps pimples. In fact it is written among the instructions that it should not be used over the broken skin. For blemishes and scars yes it does help a lot but it depends like it causes some people to have breakouts. Everyone has different skin. Give it a try, it surely is worth it.

I think it made me breakout more

I used this stuff for about a week and the next week I had more breakouts, i don't know if this was what made me breakout more, but I don't plan on finding out.

AMAZING!

I love this product as it helps keep my skin feel soft and look refreshing, although i recommend that it may not be suitable for all skin types. I use it as a night-time moisturizer and primer for my face to lighten up my face.

no miracles

I bought it to help heal and speed up my break outs, at first it seemed great but unfortunately for me it started to cause breakouts. It didn't provide any miracles for me.

highly recommended

I've used this on my facial acne scars and hyper pigmentation. I was sceptical at first that putting oil (for which I read: "grease") on my face would help things, but have been proved wrong. The redness has faded after just a few weeks and the texture of my skin has much improved. Aside from it's practical use the oil gives your skin a sparkle - much like a make-up highlighter - leaving your face looking fresh and dewey. Really very highly recommended.

Did it get rid of of your pimples and blemishes
does it work for pitted acne scar?

good

I use this as a night time moisturizer for my face and I think its great. Its an excellent price and it lasts for a long time. I dont have any scars on my face,

Comments

It didn't lighten my scars or stretch marks anything. It's just mineral oil with fragrance. it's not a miracle product like some people make it out to be.waste of money!

Botanicals Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract (Calendula Oil) Lavandula Angustifolia Oil (Lavender Oil) Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Oil (Rosemary Oil) Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil (Chamomile Oil) Vitamins Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A) Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E) Oil base Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum) Triisononanoin Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate Isopropyl Myristate Glycine Soja Oil Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil BHT Bisabolol Fragrance (Rose) Parfum Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone Amyl Cinnamal Benzyl Salicylate Citronellol Coumarin Eugenol Farnesol Geraniol Hydroxycitronellal Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde Limonene Linalool Color Orange: CI 26100 (Red 17)

good

I have really dry skin and have tried lot's of things to try. I also have a few blemish scars that are so annoying and by the end of the day, even with makeup on they are visible. i had just about given up because nothing seemed to be working when a friend gave me this. i didn't like the idea of putting oil on my face, but i couldn't have been more wrong. After two days my skin was hydrated and healthy my blemish scars are now gone and i like it

Did it get rid of your pimples and blemishes after 2 days

NOPE. BUT...it could have been my fault actually.

NOPE. I had such high hopes for this product as it was recommended by the queen herself, Kim Kardashian. However, it's always hard for me to remember that a lot of people making recommendations don't have the multiple prescriptions & 2 accutane round sensitive skin that I have. Now, I put this on lightly one night before bed. Woke up the next morning nothing. But I figured don't rush it. I put it on again later in the week, and again later, in varying intervals, but no more than about 3 times per week. I did this for 3 weeks and saw some improvement. That little glimmer of improvement lead me to SLATHER IT ON in large quantities every night before bed. By day 3 in a row of this I woke up with genuinely the worst breakout I had seen in years. Literal years. 3 days of a lot of bio oil took 2 weeks to clear up. I read a lot about it and it seems that while most ingredients work fine with sensitive skin, a few remaining ones can exasperate it and cause irritation, reaction, etc. I referred to my breakout as an allergic reaction to my boyfriend and honesty because of the severity I think it can be considered that. Will I use Bio-Oil again? No definitely not I am truly traumatized and think that natural oils will provide as much gratification as Bio-Oil did. Genuinely. However, did I misuse this product? FOR SURE. If you have sensitive skin that is dull/dry rather than sensitive/acne-prone then I say go for it (but obviously in the appropriate amount.)

Yeah you're supposed to use it thinly day and night for 3 months for it to have its full effect. Because of the long repair process involved with healing scar tissue, you won't see an effect on your skin for a few weeks :)

Healthy glow

I use this straight after showering on my face and body. It stops my skin feeling tight and it looks and feels softer. It doesn't take long to absorb into the skin and I find it's a great base for make up. Best of all, it doesn't cause breakouts for me, I've stopped getting blackheads and I've noticed my pores are less noticeable since I started using this a few month ago. I would say though that it's not particularly moisturising on its own. After a particularly dry winter, the skin on my face got a bit flakey so I started to use e45 cream at night after washing my face. This has has helped moisturise my skin enough that I use Bio oil in the day as a light, easily absorbed, base for make up. I should point out that this works best (as with most moisturisers) when you apply it to slightly damp skin to seal in natural moisture. Also less is more if you're thinking of applying other products on top.

Popular Over-the-counter