x

Bio-Oil Skincare Oil reviews

3.6/5 - 198 reviews

Brand: Bio-Oil

Bio-Oil Skincare Oil

Botanicals, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract (Calendula Oil), Lavandula Angustifolia Oil (Lavender Oil), Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Oil (Rosemary Oil), Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil (Chamomile Oil), Vitamins, Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A) Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Oil base, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Triisononanoin, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Isopropyl Myristate, Glycine Soja Oil, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil, BHT
Bisabolol, Fragrance (Rose), Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Amyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Coumarin, Eugenol, Farnesol, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene, Carboxaldehyde, Limonene, Linalool
Color (Orange), D&C Red No.17 (CI 26100).

😱 it works
Reviewed on November 25, 2017

I've been using bio oil on my 14yr old stretch marks and they r now 4* smaller then they used to b after a month of applying to them so I started thinking if bio oil would help my acne on face back and boobs been using it on all acne prone areas and am noticing a huge difference a week later I'm surprised I can now face each day with confidence and not have to apply wall paint 😂 but b warned bio oil isn't for all skin types best to use on face if u have non oilly skin bio oil has been an absolute god send for me I certainly recommend it

by Jim jams on 11/25/2017 20:39
My skin is also softer and smoother it's almost like silk my acne prone back is also clearing up and the scars are disappearing b4 my eyes same as stretch marks skin on tummy has tightend up so happy I found something that finally works for me
by Cristine1027 on 12/06/2017 09:32
Can it also remove the dark spot caused by pimples?
Bio oil has cleared my skin
Reviewed on September 16, 2017

I don't have severe acne, but I do suffer from oily skin and I have nasty spots and regularly had more than 5 spots at a time.

I first started using this when my sister, who is studying BA cosmetic science at LCoF, wouldn't stop raving about how much it had changed her acne on her face -and her skin was completely clear. So i was sceptical at first about putting an oil on my already oily skin but after a month of using this nightly I was so happy with the results! My skin is clearer, softer and I barely get breakouts (if I do they disapear quicker than they did). Bio oil is proven to be non- comedogenic (which means it won't clog pores) and is also a dry oil so is easily absorbed. The thing I would advice to do would be to make sure you cleanse and moisturise the morning after you apply it and thoroughly cleanse before you apply it! :)

Not really understanding the bad reviews
Reviewed on September 13, 2017

Love this stuff! Was an impulse buy at Walmart. Heard lots of good stuff about this so I just gave it a go. Two drops is enough for the entire face and it absorbs quickly without leaving a greasy feel. Put some on before bed and woke up to my redness soothed and some big red zits smaller, no clogged pores either. Been using it for about 3 days and I love it! Really helping my redness. The only thing I don't like about this is the smell and packaging. Wish it came with a dropper rather than the thing it has.

NEVER apply this to your face!
Reviewed on July 24, 2017

I would give bio oil 0 stars if i could. I applied this to my face and it broke me out on my nose - a place where i NEVER EVER get pimples! I now have an aggravating spot, it doesnt hurt or have a head, but the spot does feel bumpy. I had clear skin with no active spots up until i put this trash on my face, woke up the next morning with a SPOT on the right side of my nose! I seem fussy but i'll be using this up on my body, never on my face again. When i looked at the ingredients i was skeptic as to why this product had so many ingredients and chemicals. If you want to self inflict and introduce acne then buy this product. DO NOT BUY THIS UNLESS YOU USE IT ON YOUR BODY FOR STRETCH MARKS, BODY SCARS, AS A BODY OIL, ETC, JUST NEVER APPLY IT ON YOUR FACE I WARNED YOU!

Worst breakouts! AVOID!!
Reviewed on May 20, 2017

I suffer from mainly acne scars more than I do acne so I decided to purchase this product after hearing about what it can do to acne scars and this is probably the worst product I have bought throughout my life. I have purchased other products and I have never had this experience. The products either work or they don't! Simple as.

I did not really understand at first why I was breaking out. I wasn't eating as much junk, my diet hadn't really changed either so I was unsure to what the reason was for my acne to suddenly flare up. I have only had this bio oil for about 1/2 weeks and I used this product every night before I went to sleep. My acne has recently flare up from the past week or so. I have never had so many spots on my left cheek until today.

I am assuming this is what's caused the breakout and I don't want to risk using this any longer to see whether or not if that's the case. I would avoid this at all costs and try something else.

I have changed my routine to using cetaphil cleaner, benzyl peroxide 5% and cetaphil lotion, hoping this work as this is cheap and has good reviews.

AVOID at all costs!!

Seems good so far
Reviewed on May 14, 2017

Been using the bio oil for a few weeks. Yes it has caused me to have a few breakouts but the discolouration of my skin from old acne scars has much improved! Personally I think the extra spots are worth the benefits. After about a week or two it didn't seem to upset my skin as much! I'll continue to use it for the recommended minimum of three months as it has given me back some confidence with a bare face! Don't knock it until you give it a decent chance. Any new products can unbalance your skin to start. Give it at least a month guys!

by miyuki166 on 06/01/2017 00:34
does it work for pitted acne scar?
I broke out overnight
Reviewed on April 24, 2017

After reading quite mixed reviews of this product I decided to give it a go just to see how it reacted to my skin. I have some residual marks and hyper pigmentation on my face as well as some old chicken pox scars that I thought this could also help with. I have combination skin and whilst my T zone isn't very oily it is compared to my cheeks which can get quite dry. I applied this at night after I washed my face as usual and when I woke up in the morning my cheeks felt super smooth and hydrated however when I looked in the mirror I realised I had several new spots across my forehead and around my nose. I haven't had a breakout like this in over a year so I instantly knew the bio-oil was the cause and I haven't used it since. my skin is starting to calm down again but it will be a while till its back to the way it was before.

Broke me out like crazy
Reviewed on March 7, 2017

This thing clogged my pores like crazy. After a week of using Bio Oil, my face looked like a large pepperoni pizza and I usually don't break out like that. I only get a pimple or two every week or so. It's been over two years since I tried it and I felt like it was my duty to prevent people from buying it -- especially if you have oily/acne prone skin. AVOID at all costs!

This product is great but it isn't made for my skin
Reviewed on October 16, 2016

It is a great product but only if you don't have an oily skin. I used it for scar treatment. It did help with the scars and my skin felt softer and good but it made my skin to break out. Not being sure about what was causing the break outs at that time, I kept using it for like 2 weeks. What it did to my skin was curing the old scars and giving new pimples. I will just say it is worth giving a try. Everyone is different. I love this product but the breakouts are keeping me from using it, still I am finding a way to make it work out for my skin. I am gonna give it a try again by mixing it with tea tree oil and then using it.

by miyuki166 on 06/01/2017 00:34
does it work for pitted acne scar?
Someone help me I'm stuck
Reviewed on October 1, 2016

Does anyone know I found it helps get rid of your pimples and blemishes?

by Sarah Noor on 10/16/2016 13:19
No, Bio oil absolutely isn't made to cure pimples neither does it helps pimples. In fact it is written among the instructions that it should not be used over the broken skin. For blemishes and scars yes it does help a lot but it depends like it causes some people to have breakouts. Everyone has different skin. Give it a try, it surely is worth it.

Powerful. Proprietary. Proven.
  • Powerfully effective
  • Pharmaceutical grade
  • Guaranteed effective
  • Doctor/Dermatologist recommended
  • Used in acne clicnics worldwide
  • 100% non-comedogenic
  • Fragrance-free & dye-fere
  • pH balanced
  • Scientifically formulated for acne-prone skin
  • Developed by experts at Acne.org