Page 3 of Bio-Oil Skincare Oil reviews

3.6/5 - 197 reviews

Brand: Bio-Oil

Bio-Oil Skincare Oil

Botanicals, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract (Calendula Oil), Lavandula Angustifolia Oil (Lavender Oil), Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Oil (Rosemary Oil), Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil (Chamomile Oil), Vitamins, Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A) Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Oil base, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Triisononanoin, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Isopropyl Myristate, Glycine Soja Oil, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil, BHT
Bisabolol, Fragrance (Rose), Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Amyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Coumarin, Eugenol, Farnesol, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene, Carboxaldehyde, Limonene, Linalool
Color (Orange), D&C Red No.17 (CI 26100).

Bio-Oil Scar Treatment, 4 fl oz
updated: 09/30/2016 23:27 UTC
Bio-oil 4.2oz
updated: 10/15/2016 17:47 UTC

Mineral oil
Reviewed on January 26, 2016

This product has mineral oil in it, which is highly comedogenic (clogs pores --> more acne). Take hormone balancing supplements instead such as DIM, and Vitamin A to reduce oiliness of your skin. Evening Primrose is also good for women (hormone balancing). Drinking a lot of water with these is essential because excess hormones will be flushed out of your organism with these vitamins.

by Gergana on 05/09/2016 10:03
Wrong! Mineral oil has the lowest comedogenic rating - 0. Source -> https://[link removed]
Don't be afraid to use it!!!
Reviewed on December 13, 2015

I was so scared to buy this because I have oily skin so I was thinking why put oil on my face when my face is too oily? But I took the risked and bought it. It was cheap around $12 for the small bottle at Walgreens. That small bottle lasts around 3 months if you use it only once a day so pretty good. I actually ran out and just went to buy another one today. It is AMAZING. Absolutely great. I used it one night and it made my skin glow, makes my skin look really good. It lightens up the appearance of acne scars and it is a good moisturizer it helps with acne and it doesn't break out my face and I have very sensitive skin. My face must be washed twice daily if I even skip one session I break out. Bio oil is amazing for skin and does exactly what it says it will. A tip is to use it mainly at night if you don't want to look a little oily. If you must use it in the morning only use a tiny little bit of bio oil and use a little bit of regular lotion, your skin will not look oily. Anyway, get it. It will not disappoint you. Fast results.

Amazing. !
Reviewed on September 11, 2015

I have acne prone skin and very very oily. I saw its advertisement on TV and was just wondering if I should really be applying oil to my skin which is so oily already. Anyway I ordered this online and it's just been a week, and I can see the results so visibly clear !!

It gets absorbed in skin easily, doesn't cause breakouts and is absolutely non greasy.

I hope to get rid of my acne scars really soon.

by LegitBedroom on 10/01/2015 15:49
Are you of color or are you Caucasian?
by LegitBedroom on 10/01/2015 16:34
Are you of color or are you Caucasian?
Not Recommend
Reviewed on July 22, 2015

No,I highly suspect it cause pimples on my face…................

Magic for me.
Reviewed on June 3, 2015

I am 39. I've used every topical out there, accutane, antibiotics, birth control pills. Everything. I get acne, cystic acne and have scarring from both. I've used Bio-oil and Retin-A every other day. My face is almost clear. Unbelievable. (I'm not a paid spokesperson) real live person who can freaking believe my skin is finally, at 39 no less, clearing up. Use this stuff!

by whispers28 on 07/23/2015 09:42
would you be able to send in a few photos of before and after?
Bad product
Reviewed on April 9, 2015

I used it for three weeks continuosly. No use at all. Instead there were side effects.

Not that good at all
Reviewed on March 22, 2015

I used it on small scar caused by rubbing rash….it was hopeless didn't work at all….used it solidly for a month to 6 weeks

by Lofn on 12/05/2015 03:49
The information provided with the bio-oil suggests that it may only work for recent scarring and if it will work, you need to use it for at least 3 months twice a day, morning and night. Maybe try a more dedicated usage and seek advice on whether anything will work with your scars. Speaking from experience.
Breakout
Reviewed on February 26, 2015

I start using the bio oil I loved it. I use it for about 2 weeks but the third week i I break out my face dried up and pealing little roughness here and there. Am asking for help right now on what can I do to bring back my smooth face. Thanks for the help

by joyMNC on 03/26/2015 16:30
try argan oil or maracuja oil
by melissa1906 on 06/03/2015 04:07
Retin-A
Dubious but it amazed me
Reviewed on February 13, 2015

I suffer from both acne (not so bad now but flare ups from time to time and still have extremely sensitive skin) and very dry skin which gets towards flaky in the winter months.

Having such sensitive skin I find that oil-moisturizers make me break out and the non-oil ones, although better than nothing, seem to be instantly absorbed into my skin leaving it still feeling dry.

A friend recommended bio-oil and I was dubious; "Oil? On my skin? Really??"

However, I was also desperate and so I tried it. I started off at first on the T-Zone as I didn't want to stray into my more spot prone areas until I saw how the rest of my skin reacted. After one use my skin was already feeling better. It felt fresher, the dryness was massively reduced and when I woke up in the morning (having put it on the night before) I just felt more fresh faced. Because it was improving the dryness and smoothness of the skin it also meant my make up went on and stayed on better!

After a couple of weeks with no reaction to it I expanded onto my chin and the rest of my face. Although I don't think it is a 'spot eradicator' as I do still get them the spots I have gotten since using this are less aggressive in nature and the skin feels more balanced.

I would definitely recommend it if you suffer from dry skin and are scared of aggravating your acne. I forgot to put it on one night and when I woke up my face was almost as dry as it had been before I started using it! This is definitely an addition to my skin care routine for life.

AWESOME
Reviewed on January 12, 2015

Can't believe the bad reviews...this product is great..i had troubles with uneven skin tone and started using 3 weeks ago..i'm seeing amazing results...first product that actually helps me with my uneven skin tone troubles. my skin is getting better and i know by the time i finish this bottle i will be glowing....