x

Page 10 of Bio-Oil Skincare Oil reviews

3.6/5 - 198 reviews

Brand: Bio-Oil

Bio-Oil Skincare Oil

Botanicals, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract (Calendula Oil), Lavandula Angustifolia Oil (Lavender Oil), Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Oil (Rosemary Oil), Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil (Chamomile Oil), Vitamins, Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A) Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Oil base, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Triisononanoin, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Isopropyl Myristate, Glycine Soja Oil, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil, BHT
Bisabolol, Fragrance (Rose), Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Amyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Coumarin, Eugenol, Farnesol, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene, Carboxaldehyde, Limonene, Linalool
Color (Orange), D&C Red No.17 (CI 26100).

Reviewed on July 7, 2011

If you buy this at Walmart, it is roughly $12 for the 2 fl oz and $20 for the 4.2 fl oz ( i always go with the latter). however, costco just started selling 6.2 fl oz for $21 (good deal!). and the 4.2 fl oz will last you at least 3 months, so i definitely think it's well priced.

for those who are worried that it's oily: not so. i have oily skin and the stuff works great. it mosturizes but doesnt give me that shiny look & it has never dried out my skin. (the trick is to use just enough - a little goes a long way- and the more/longer you rub it in, the more it is absorbed and less oily it looks).

i've been using this for about 2 years (as a daily mosturizer & scar remover) and i think it works more effectively on stretch marks than scars. i had some stretch marks and i used bio oil on them for about 1-2 months and they're completely gone. on my scars, they're still there but just faded. if you're looking for miracle stuff to make them disappear forever & instantly, this isnt for you. it does make them fade a great amount though

acne wise, i have not seen improvents since i started the product. (maybe it has gotten even slightly worse, but i dont know if it's from this product or something else i'm using)

Reviewed on July 4, 2011

I am 32, I bought and begun applying Bio Oil from my first month of pregnancy and used through my delivery (and 4 weeks post delivery). I applied Bio Oil to my hips, thighs, breasts and stomach religiously 3+ times per day as I kept a bottle at work, at home and in my car for constant application. Despite the consistent application to my skin, stretch marks appeared and remained after my pregnancy. This was my first pregnancy and I did not mind the expense of purchasing a large amount of Bio Oil as I thought it would aid in avoiding me developing stretch marks. My advise is do not waste your money if you are looking to use as a preventative for stretch marks. Rather, use any type of moisturizing cream as I am living proof stretch marks are genetic. I am small framed and only gained 25 pounds with this 1st pregnancy.

Angela, Victoria BC Canada
Anonymous, London
Reviewed on June 8, 2011

I broke out like crazy after one night using this product.

I had a little acne on my forehead at the beginning and my sister recommended it to me for scarring and because I had nothing on my cheeks etc, I thought it would be a good thing to put over my whole face since I had really dry skin. Silly me I duno why I even did it because next day I woke up with loads of big zits everywhere. I was so upset because I was upset with my forehead as it was already and ever since that day I have use it, I have acne everywhere now. I hate this product.

Reviewed on June 5, 2011

It does help, without it, my pigmented scars would take about 6 weeks to fade, with it, about 2 :) When I apply it, it looks oily on my skin for a while, but it is absored pretty quickly and well.

Sharlene, Edmonton, AB
Reviewed on May 31, 2011

I have three acne scars on my nose, and they're only about a month old. I bought Bio-Oil a long time ago, but never used it as I thought it would break me out because I have oily skin. These three scars were really bugging me though, so I decided to try applying the Bio-Oil for a while to see if it would work. I've been using it for about a week now, applying it one or two times a day, and one of the scars has almost completely faded. The two others are getting there, slowly but surely. Although it may be a bit oily, it doesn't really bother me because I'm only using it on my nose when I'm at home and it hasn't given me any pimples so far.

This is something you should definitely try out!

Reviewed on April 29, 2011

I mix 1-2 drops mixed in with my day and night lotion and I love it.

It stops my face from being dried out by the BP or Salicylic acid and I think it helps it sink in.

It makes my skin so soft, has helped with the hyperpigmentation and has helped with redness and overall texture.

I had a sunk in scar from a deep spot under my eye and I think the BioOil has helped it start to fill in and heal.

Highly recommended.

If you don't like it on your face then use it mixed in with your body moisturiser and it'll leave your skin so soft.

Reviewed on April 17, 2011

Its a great product! Can't live without this stuff because I always have dry skin! Wouldn't rely on it for severe acne though.

Reviewed on March 31, 2011

I got this product in a desperate last attempt to fade SI scars on my legs. It's only been about a month and I'm astounded to find that my scars have faded and smoothed out substantially, compared to how they looked before. I'm honestly excited to continue using it for the next few months, until I'm satisfied with the appearance of the scars. I'm overjoyed that this is in existance, and it seemed like a stroke of luck finding it at random in the store, after months of hoping and searching for a solution to my problem. I'm so happy! I may have made a mistake self-inflicting the scars in the first place, but I am glad that Bio-Oil exists to correct it. Highly recommended~

And luckily I received a 5 finger discount, if you know what I mean ;) Not that I endorse theft, but it cost $14.00 and I'm dirt broke! So glad I got this.

peggy, kingsland GA
Reviewed on March 17, 2011

I have only had it a couple weeks but LOVE IT I have dry cheeks and oily chin and break out constantly on chin and beside mouth. I was skeptical at first about putting it on the oily spots well cause its oil but when I woke up and the zits were pretty much gone I WAS AMAZED. And my skin looks great. Also I have very sensitive skin on my face almost every lotion burns when I put it on after a shower this stuff actually was soothing!

Powerful. Proprietary. Proven.
  • Powerfully effective
  • Pharmaceutical grade
  • Guaranteed effective
  • Doctor/Dermatologist recommended
  • Used in acne clinics worldwide
  • 100% non-comedogenic
  • Fragrance-free & dye-free
  • pH balanced
  • Scientifically formulated for acne-prone skin
  • Developed by the experts at Acne.org