Benzac AC Benzoyl Peroxide (5%) Gel reviews

Brand: Benzac AC

Benzac AC Benzoyl Peroxide (5%) Gel

Active Ingredient: Benzoyl peroxide (5%). Inactive Ingredients: Docusate sodium, disodium edetate, poloxamer 182, carbomer 940, propylene glycol, acrylates copolymer, glycerol, silicon dioxide and purified water, citric acid and/or sodium hydroxide to adjust pH.

Benzac AC Benzoyl Peroxide (5%) Gel

Ineffective at treating cystic acne
Reviewed on October 16, 2017

I have tried this product to help clear my hormonal cystic acne and found it to be ineffective in treating this type of acne.

I used it daily, morning and night and gave up after a month as I saw no improvement and it really dried out my skin and made it itchy.

With hormonal acne, I really do not think that topical products like this one work. It might dry out acne on the surface, but will not make it stop coming.

I had an awful breakout a year ago and had cystic acne all over my jawline and neck area.

I have used only natural remedies after trying medications and topical treatments from the doctor that didn't work and my acne has completely cleared up.

I have created a step by step video with before and after pictures that explains exactly what I did to clear my skin so if you are interested, please click the link in my the 'About Me' section of my profile.

I would really like to help other acne sufferers who are experiencing cystic acne and are trying desperately to clear it because I was you only a short time ago, and I am so much happier now.

Bumps
Reviewed on October 9, 2017

Is it also good for bumps on forehead and cheeks?Cause I'm having a doubt to use it for my bumps, I used nizoral for my bumps on face but it didn't work, so I assumed that it is not a yeast infection. I think it's a clogged pores, cause its kinda group of bumpy skin like whiteheads . Please help!

by TeenGirl14 on 10/24/2017 05:31
i know what you mean by "bumps" and yeah mine definitely wasn't a yeast infection but ive gotten rid of mine by using a rotating cleansing brush at night with my cleanser and its helped so much
Thought it is a miracle BUT...
Reviewed on September 21, 2017

After differingel made my mild acne moderate, a friend recommended me Benzac. I was so broken at this time because my acne got so much worse because of Differin, so I tried Benzac. IT CLEARED THE ACNE IN 1WEEK!!

After 2 days I did not get a single spot anymore. I thought I found a Miracle cure. BUT: After maybe 3 months I got spots again, it is not as bad as it was before, but it does not work as good as at the beginning and I have to search for other cures. It is just the face thats breaking out again, my back and my chest remain clear. My skin is flaking but it does not bother me because I can combat it with moisturizer and I dont use make up, oh and the first 3 weeks my skin was red, but thats normal.

It is worth a try!

Didn't work
Reviewed on September 18, 2017

This dried my skin out badly and even so I still got new spots. Persevered for a couple of months but it made my skin too sore and made absolutely no difference to my acne. Gave up.

Effective in the fight against acne
Reviewed on September 14, 2017

Well unfortunately this is the only product available in South Africa with 5% benzoyl peroxide therefore I have no other options. That being said it does work effectively to keep pimples away, coupled with a good regime like the one on acne.org this is undoubtedly a staple in my regime and works wonders.

Could've been better.
Reviewed on September 3, 2017

This was what I used on my breakout days few months back. I sometimes question if it actually works lol... But it does "dry" it out at some point. I feel like this product has a mind of it's own haha. Only chooses which pimple deserves to die though my friend likes that it works for her but hates the part that it leaves a dark scar on her.

Acne at 30
Reviewed on September 1, 2017

After getting acne on and off through my teens and 20s it came back after having a baby with a vengeance. I find different ways to get it under control all help and this product is a part of the solution. For me it's so hard NOT to touch my face so I try really hard, my routine is in the evening I double wash off my makeup with a good cleanser neutrogena had one that removed eye makeup too, then I dry my face, I apply a thin layer of 5% gel all over except eye area,sometimes I use a thicker spot on problem pimples, then the key is let it dry, then apply a generous amount of moisturiser I use cetaphil face muisturiser which I love. I wash my hands thoroughly and then apply eye cream and lip cream to keep those soft areas moist. In the morning I use St Ives apricot scrub on my face and neck and then I follow the routine from above with the gel, let it try, then moisturise. I always apply a really high quality spf sunscreen during the day before I apply my makeup, mid 20s and up I found I started to get some pigmentation and then pregnancy hormones made it worse so because the gel does make skin sun sensitive I really suggest you do this even on cloudy days, hey it helps reduce wrinkles too. I calendar my monthly cycle and the week before I may do 2 or more face masks as well in the evenings, sometimes they are moisturising balancing ones, others are clay, and some Japanese style sheet masks are great too. A couple of weeks of dry flakiness can happen, then I start to see improvement, if my skin is bad I use it twice a day, then I reduce it to just at night, then over time just the problem areas, then the spots. For me I also think the boring rules of drinking extra water, eating more vegetables and greens and reducing sugary foods really does significantly help, also getting 8 or more hours sleep a night too but I never do due to a toddler but my skin was great when I slept more. I used to pick when I was anxious and it's demoralising going through this but there is light at the end of the tunnel. In the past I also found accutane did work especially for body acne but I wouldn't take a long course of it, I reduced the dosage myself and skipped a day often and definitely don't take it if you plan on having a baby within a few years of taking it due to birth defect possibilities. Great product benzac AC gel 5% really accessible since it's from the supermarket here. 5 stars *****

The only thing that made a difference
Reviewed on June 28, 2017

I have struggled with bad acne since i was 11. I had zits on my forehead, cheeks, temples and chin, and blackheads/whiteheads under my eyes, on my nose and on my chin. My acne has always made me very insecure, and sometimes i couldn't even look at myself in the mirror. A year ago (i'm almost 16 now) i began covering it up using makeup, but i still felt so insecure and uncomfortable. I was always so paranoid, thinking that people were staring at my skin and jugding me for it.

I have always used natural masks and treatments to cure my acne (or at least make my skin better), and i have tried to remove dairy from my diet thinking that it might be the reason for my acne, but nothing helped. I have always had a strict night and morning skin routine and just done anything to help clear my skin. The only thing i hadn't tried, was to put anything chemical on my skin. I had heard a lot of horror stories about bad reactions and i was so scared it would happen to me. Then two months ago my skin got so bad that i almost broke down crying just looking at myself. So i bought this 5% gel.

I honestly didn't think that it would make a difference, and the first 5 days nothing happened. I noticed immediately that my skin got more dry, but my acne didn't change. But after those first 5 days, my skin became a lot smoother, and after a couple of weeks, i could see a difference. I did struggle with dryness and my face could feel a bit painful, but it was worth when i saw and felt the difference in my skin. Its been two months now , and the acne on my forehead, chin, and on the sides of my face, has mostly cleared up. My skin has become more dry, but i just use a good moisterizer to conrol it. I still struggle with some zits on especially one of my cheeks, and blackheads on my chin, but overall my face has cleared up A LOT, and i am now more confident with and without makeup.

The only acne treatment cream that works
Reviewed on May 5, 2017

I have been struggling and suffering from mild acne, white & blackheads since teenage and I still fighting against this problem until now, as an adult although my skin has clear up alot.

I got to know this cream during my 1st time visiting a doctor to get a professional advice to cure my acne 5 or 6 years back. Since then, I use this cream on my face twice everyday.

It took about 4 to 5 days to cure a bumpy acne on my skin; 1 to 2 days for tiny or small pimple. I don't think it cures white & blackheads much. I still need to go for a professional facial & extraction monthly to clear those stubborn white, blackheads out of my face.

Not forget to mention, this cream is inexpensive and it can be easily found in most pharmacy. 5% benzoyl peroxide is more than enough to cure mild acne. However, I will pick 10% if I wish to cure my acne faster. Remember to moisture your skin each time after applied as it tend to dry your skin if without proper moisturization.

wonderful
Reviewed on March 12, 2017

i started to see instant results and was clearing up my acne right away but u need to use moisturiser after otherwise it strips your face dry.

Powerful. Proprietary. Proven.
  • Powerfully effective
  • Pharmaceutical grade
  • Guaranteed effective
  • Doctor/Dermatologist recommended
  • Used in acne clinics worldwide
  • 100% non-comedogenic
  • Fragrance-free & dye-free
  • pH balanced
  • Scientifically formulated for acne-prone skin
  • Developed by the experts at Acne.org