Basis Sensitive Skin Bar Reviews

Brand: Basis

Basis Sensitive Skin Bar

Was working great until ....

I've had this soap for about two months and when I first got it I had bad scarring and acne on my cheeks it was working until 4/19 when it made my skin so irritated and it burned for a whole day now on 4/20 all of my skin is peeling on my forehead and cheeks

Great for me, oily skin

I have very oily adult skin, and, like others, found this to make my skin feel oil free and tight after use, but not over-dried. It doesn't irritate me at all, although will temporarily burn the eyes if you get soap in them (when I do this, the burning dissipates quickly, unlike harsh cleansers which linger). I just use lotion at night and sunscreen during the day. Face feels less oily with sunscreen on too. Only face soap I'll use! Very affordable and accessible- available all over the US.

Favorite Cleanser

I'm not picky when it comes to cleansers, but this is my favorite of the ones I used. It works great as foam for shaving; it's soothing, and it's fragrance- and dye-free.

Love but can only use 1x a day

I bought this soap because it is fragrance free and I've read good reviews. I get mild acne on my chin and cheeks and this bar made my face smoother, softer and brighter and cleared up most of my acne. I did find that it was a little drying, however, so I usually only use it once a day since I get lazy about moisturizing. If I use it twice a day I'll make sure to moisturize after so my skin doesn't feel too tight. It does not make my skin dry to the point where it starts to peel or flake though, just makes it feel a little tight. Also fyi the moisturizer I use is the acne.org one. It's the only one I've found that doesn't make me break out. I only use one pump of it, two like they tell you to use is too much for my face, and I always wash my hands before using it.

Great soap

I use the bar for both face and body, works great !

Great

I have been using this bar for 2 weeks now, and have had NO negative issues with my skin. Up until now (8 years) , I've only used Acne.org's cleanser because it was unscented and was easy to purchase with the Acne.org BP. However, I tend to go through cleanser more than BP because I workout and wash my face often - so the price to order cleanser with shipping and then wait time made me decide to find something I could buy local. I found this at my local Walgreens - it was $3.00 with tax - for 4 oz. This is a little cheaper than Acne.org and I can just walk into the store and buy it (no shipping costs, no waiting) so I was really hoping this would work with my skin. Now after 2 weeks, I have had not a single zit or irritation from it. It has no scent and the bar lasts FOREVER. You don't need much - so I'm really happy to have found something to save on ordering online all the time. I have found that it is drying (even more drying than the acne.org cleanser - on my skin) but for some reason, having my skin dryer after washing seems to work BETTER with my BP absorption. I've found that by the end of the day, I don't have the shiny/sheen/oily looking skin like I did with the acne.org cleanser - combined with having BP on my skin all day. I think that because this soap bar is more drying, it allows the BP to absorb instead of just "lay" ontop of my skin, which I think was happening with the acne.org cleanser. Even when I wash my face at night - my skin feels more like skin now (when washing the BP from all day) versus when I'd wash my skin when using the acne.org cleanser + BP, it always felt like my BP was slimy and still sitting there on top all day. Never really absorbing. So, I would highly recommend trying this if you want to cut costs from ordering cleanser online, or if you just want something to handle your oily skin a bit better. I've also noticed that my skin looks less "red" with this cleanser + BP versus when I was using the acne.org cleanser + BP. It might be the Basis has some more natural ingredients, or it could be the Basis is allowing the BP to soak in more into my skin - I don't know, but I know that my BP red tinged skin is gone. I love this cleanser. EDIT: Just wanted to come back and add that it's now Aug 2015 and I'm STILL using this bar as my only face wash with the DKR method. I highly recommend this face bar. I even switched back to Dan's cleanser for a week to try and use old products up, and I had breakouts appear. I immediately went back to the Basis. It's a great, CHEAP face wash bar.

So helpful!!! Thank you!!

Good, but drying

Doesn't break me out Lathers well Cheap DRYING This is a very good bar. It is gentle, hasn't caused me any breakouts in the year that I've used it, and it lathers very nicely. The only problem I have with it is that it dries out my skin, and it gets pretty bad in the winter. Really good bar besides that though, and it's not expensive either. I would give it a 5, but the over-drying of my skin can get pretty annoying.

Dan

The best bar I have found to use with The Regimen

Unscented Affordable Gentle, yet with a thick lather None While it may not lather quite as well as the Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar, this bar does generate a nice, thick lather which makes moving the hands across the skin easy and non-irritating. It cleanses the skin without over-drying and is very affordable. The lather also works great as a shave "cream." The reason this is my favorite bar is a combination of the above plus the fact that it is unscented! Bravo to Beiersdorf, Inc., the company that makes Basis, for leaving this bar without added scent. Much appreciated.

Guest Erica
Guest Erica

Feels good Cleanses well Good for acne prone Little Drying It's really good. It makes you feel clean & fresh throughout the whole day, & your skin spears brighter & smoother !

Comments

cleans skin gets rid of excess oil cheap great lather drying!! I just wanted something simple to not overload my skin with chemicals. This was very good, but it definitely left a "squeaky clean" feeling. I am usually not picking about that stuff, but I know some people don't like that. However, you HAVE to use a moisturizer with this. No doubt. This IS soap, anyway, and will dry out your skin. I didn't realize how--average, I guess--this was until I switched to the Basis Vitamin Bar. That is excellent! It hydrates the skin and makes it so smooth :) I like this, but the vitamin bar is amazing.

Guest Amory
Guest Amory

This is a good wash for the skin and keeps it nice, not dry, not oily Doesn't help much with acne. This is a nice soap to use if you have a good acne treatment. Like something internally to get rid of acne. Or if you have less severe acne you can use this with a topical acne lotion. This bar of soap is pretty cheap and good to use on your whole body to keep it nice, clear and soft.

Comments

Made my skin appear smooth My whole entire face turned red after the 2nd use this morning, i used it for the first time last night. I believe it was an allergic reaction maybe? It is still red now. After cleansing my face this morning it was dry afterwards. I bought this bar based on these reviews that i read 2 nights ago. I am very disappointed that this did not work out for me because I had high hopes for basis.

Comments

Cleanses well Very Inexpensive Lathers well Drys out skin I bought the Basis bar when I began the Regimen. Several bars later (and quite a bit of time on the Regimen) My skin was still dry, flaking & cracking! I switched to Cetaphil and in one day fixed that. I have ridiculously sensitive skin. This bar is a great basic cleanser. I followed Dan's Regimen religiously and I did see significant changes in my complexion. However my face didn't begin to heal completely until I made the switch! If you're skin chaps easily I wouldn't suggest this bar - but if you aren't hyper sensitive like me ;) It could work well for you!

Guest Unknown
Guest Unknown

soothing, not drying, great for acne prone skin, cheap/good quantity none really I really like this bar! It's great for acne prone skin. Sooths inflammed skin, and seems to reduce redness. It isn't overly drying. It's got to be dermatologist recommended for a reason....and it's very cheap. Not all products work for all skin types, but I would almost bet this one would does....it's great, give it a try! Good luck!

Comments

Not overly drying. Helps leave my oily skin balanced. none so far. I've been switching off between Basis bar and Purpose. I noticed the Purpose worked well at first, but eventually it dried my skin out and made it red. Basis isn't overly drying so it leaves some oil on the skin which is a good thing if you produce too much oil like myself. Some cleansers for oily skin make my skin produce too much oil and irritated it. The basis bar seems to be somewhat calming to the skin as well.

Guest Laura
Guest Laura

Really great product. Its really gentle and I think its helped alot of the daily breakouts I was seeing A little drying, no more than some other products. I prefer a liquid to a bar. Much better to use than some of the other more expensive products.

Comments

It is awesome. I highly recomend it! It is gentle on my skin, and after using it my face feels clean all day long. It's also incredibly cheap and a way better option then a more expensive face wash. None!- exept it smells kind of funny, but I got used to it quickly! Buy It. I promise you'll love it!

Guest Zigg123
Guest Zigg123

Cleans really well, great lather, I use it as a body bar in the shower w/ a loofa. One bar lasts a really long time. Can be drying on the face, so I don't use it on my face too often. I really like this, it has cleared up my body acne. It leaves my skin feeling very smooth. I am very comfortable using it every day, and it's one of the few products that I keep buying (instead of feeling the urge to try something new). I really don't use it on my face that often due to the fact that it is dries me out. But occasionally if I want to feel really clean I will use it on my face.

Guest ALICIA
Guest ALICIA

IT'S UNEXPENSIVE, EASY TO FIND FOR ME, RIGHT AT THE GROCERY STORE ONLY IF THEY'RE OUT OF STOCK WHEN I NEED IT! I HAVE BEEN SUFFERING MODERATE TO SEVERE ACNE FOR MANY YEARS. I AM 36 YRS OLD, AND AFTER THE BIRTH OF MY SON WHO IS GOING TO BE 16, MY SKIN WENT CRAZY! I HAVE TRIED EVERY PRESCRIBED REMEDY, OTC PRODUCTS, DIET CHANGES, PROACTIVE, THIS IS THE ONLY THING THAT HAS KEPT MY SKIN CLEAR! USE A FRAGRANCE FREE MOISTURIZER AFTERWARDS, AS SOMETIMES IT'S A LITTLE DRYING, BUT THIS IS WHAT WORKS!

Guest Brwnskin
Guest Brwnskin

Leaves your face clean, smooth, and soft. Very affordable Lasts forever and very gentle on skin Slow to clear acne...May need to add something to it that's a little stronger. If you have sensitive skin, don't try that. I use this product with Dan's BP, and CeraVe Moisturizer. If you want a clean feeling afterwards, use this. I love the way it makes my skin feel. I may mix it with a dab of BP cleanser later on though.But its a really good bar. I love it.

Guest Diontae
Guest Diontae

Clears and keeps acne at bay. Washes and rinses great. Smells great too. None for me!!! The is the best face wash ever. Its nice and gental but powerful enough to clean and keep my acne under control. I use with ''The Regimen''. Unlike ever other products clame it really leaves you skin smooth, comftable, relaxed, and over all not IRRITATED. It may dry a little but with a good moisturize you will be perfectly fine.

Guest Jen
Guest Jen

No fragrance. Lathers and cleanses well. Cheap. None that I can think of. Kind of hard to find, but usually because it's hidden among the billions of other cleansers and is packaged plainly. I love the Basis bar... it's not an acne treatment but it is very gentle and cleanses very well. I use it with Benzoyl Peroxide and it works better than any of the expensive crap. I only moisturize in the morning and my skin isn't usually dried out unless I used the BP the night before. I have tried EVERYTHING and I will likely always use this cleanser- it seems to keep my skin pretty calm.

Guest tom
Guest tom

lathers up really nice. I have very sensitive skin and this product doesn't irritate it as long as i'm sure to rinse it off completely. it's a bar, i use this all over my body, and a liquid soap would be easier and more sanitary than a bar of soap. that can fall down and pick crap up that you're rinsing off good soap for entire body. If you have sensitive skin don't use any other body wash. use this and spray perfume or calogne on later if you want to smell appealling. My doctor always recomended this but i was a dumb kid that liked to smell good with the axe body wash, haha, should've stuck with this though. you live and learn

Comments

Cheap, easy to find. Irritates and dries out skin. Clogs pores. If you have sensitive skin, DO NOT use this soap. I doesn't "soothe" skin at all, thats just marketing. It turns skin red and itchy. No difference between this "sensitive skin" soap and my old Wal Mart brand facewash.

Guest Josh
Guest Josh

Leaves your pores feeling tight and clean. Nothing It leaves your face feeling tight and clean. Easy to wash off and doesnt have a horrible fragrance.

Popular Bar