Basis Cleaner Clean Face Wash reviews

4.1/5 - 37 reviews

Brand: Basis

Basis Cleaner Clean Face Wash

Water (Triple Purified), Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauryl Glucoside, PEG 7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, PEG 8, Glyceryl Laurate, PEG 200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Dimethicone Copolyol (Silica), Butylene Glycol, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Leaf Juice, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Extract, Lemongrass (Cymbopogon Schoenanthus) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Spearmint (Mentha Viridis) Extract, Citric Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Methyldibromo Glutaronitrile, Fragrance.

Basis Cleaner Clean Face Wash

Basis Cleaner Clean Face Wash, 6-Ounce Tubes (Pack of 4)
updated: 09/30/2016 19:54 UTC

Basis Cleaner Clean Face Wash

Good, clean just not effective for real acne
Reviewed on September 7, 2016

I tried this. used it for years really because it didn't leave a film over my skin like all the other ones seem to do. That combined with the basis bar soap (for the shower). I liked that it seemed to be natural without a lot of other additives that you find in all the other products. Long story short - even though I liked the way my skin felt afterwards, I never saw my breakouts diminish and that was troubling. I had dry skin to start with and this made it even drier. I added moisturizers over my sunscreen to help but that seemed to exacerbate my acne. I finally had to admit that I just needed to move on which was troubling since I felt like I had tried everything.

I found a cleanser finally that I liked just as much from Ninja Skincare for combination skin. That combined with their medicine and my skin is finally as clear as I have seen it.

I think basis is a great product for people with moderate to slight acne but not someone like me with serious hormonal, adult acne. I guess with my type of skin you just need something stronger.

Reviewed on July 3, 2012

Unfortunately this cleanser did not work out for me. I used it for about 2.5 weeks, once in the morning and once in the evening each day (no moisturizer used). I have highly sensitive, somewhat oily skin that is prone to mild/moderate acne. I have been on doxycline 100mg per day for the last 5 months . At first the cleanser seemed quite good, but I could tell it was rather drying. After about 1.5 weeks of use I started developing small little whitehead pimples across center of my forehead and on my nose. Each day there would be 3-4 more. The tops of the pores appear to be sealed over due to the drying properties of this cleanser. I couldn't take any more and had to abandon use yesterday. I must 15 little scabs on my face in various states of healing. Definitely the worst my skin has looked in a long time. Hope others have better luck with this product than me:-(

Lindsay, Maryland
Reviewed on May 5, 2012

I needed a gentle cleanser to use in the morning and this one works OK, but it's a little harsh. Its probably good for someone who doesn't have much acne but just needs to clear their skin.

Anonymous, Washington, DC
Reviewed on April 5, 2012

I have been using this for a few months because I use strong prescription topical treatments and using medicated cleansers in addition to those made my skin very dry and irritated. This is a much more gentle solution, and while it doesn't do anything to improve your skin, it will not hurt it either if you are using other methods of treatment. Takes off all of my makeup, smells nice and makes my skin feel soft. Don't use it expecting it to make your skin clear on its own, it's just part of a larger treatment plan.

Anonymous
Reviewed on January 23, 2012

To treat acne use the Basis Bar Soap (the clear bar) with tea tree oil. My doctor recommended it to me and it works wonders. It does make skin a little dry but its worth it to have clear skin. It takes a couple weeks to really notice a difference.

Katherine, Texas
Reviewed on January 12, 2012

this clears all skin when given at least 2-3 weeks if not more depending on the severity but should still be pretty clear by then. keep in mind that it has to not only clear skin but flush out chemicals and toxins from previous products.

Nana, LA
Reviewed on December 23, 2011

I bought this because it was soap free, cleaned off make up, etc.

At first i was happy with it, but I think it started breaking me out horribly. There's definitely nothing in there that'll stop the acne from happening, and I don't think it actually cleans that well (I can tell after I put toner on my face...) It's cheap and if it doesn't break you out, good, but for me, not purchasing again.

Anonymous, Oregon
Reviewed on August 26, 2011

This is a gentle cleanser but it just didn't do anything to help, treat or prevent my acne. I would recommend this for someone WITHOUT acne.

Anonymous
Reviewed on July 26, 2011

It works, yeah, to dig up acne but then it doesn't do anything to help get rid of it. It left my cheeks soft but also left little bumps on my cheeks. Made my nose even more oily.