Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay reviews

4.3/5 - 110 reviews

Brand: Aztec Secret

Aztec Secret  Indian Healing Clay

100% Natural Calcium Bentonite Clay.

Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay Deep Pore Cleansing, 1 Pound
updated: 06/07/2017 10:33 UTC

Aztec Secret  Indian Healing Clay

Notice a difference straight away!
Reviewed on August 4, 2017

Ok so I'm 25 years old and I have always had very clear skin. People used to compliment my skin a lot and would even stop me to ask what products I use. However, In the past 2-3 months I've had a major breakout, mostly on my cheeks. I would say it’s been mostly mild-moderate acne but it’s definitely knocked my confidence down as I’ve not been able to figure out what’s caused the breakout.

I went and spent £100 on products from Clinique, Kiehls and other brands and it only made my skin worse. I started breaking out more, and my skin became incredibly dry. I even changed my diet, and cut out on eating all dairy products.

One of my friends informed me of Aztec Secret Clay and I ordered it straight away on Amazon for approximately £14. I watched many YouTube videos and read reviews before it arrived, so I was very excited to test it.

I used it yesterday for the first time and guys, it was incredible! I mixed it with apple cider vinegar until it became a paste. Some people like the consistency quite thin while others prefer it thick (there is no wrong or right). I applied it on my face and it took approximately 10-15 minutes to dry and to feel your skin pulsate! I felt the mask work – it almost felt like someone placed a vacuum on your face and it sucks all the dirt out of your face! The skin feels tight and you can feel the mask doing it’s job! I kept this on for 35 minutes.

I washed the mask of with hot water and then applied some sudocrem after directly on the spots. I think it’ll be best to apply oil after as your skin can become dry. However my skin felt soft and it looked glowing. I noticed IMMEDIATELY that the redness on the spots had gone down and the pimples had become dry. There were some new pimples on the surface but that’s nothing to worry about – it’s because the mask is pulling all the bad bacteria out! The only reason that I haven’t given it a 5 star is because I’ve only used it once so I need to use it a few times to see if the results are noticeable.

Bye bye oil!!!
Reviewed on July 20, 2017

By the first time I used this I noticed that the oils from my face were stripped... For me this really helped

Absorbs oil and pull outs water
Reviewed on June 6, 2017

Great for absorbing oil on skin!!

Be careful it's pulls out water out of skin

I once did every single day my face become dull and irritated

It meant to be used only once a week only!

No it doesn't pull out toxins!!

QUESTION
Reviewed on May 13, 2017

Just wondering if I am able to use this mask while on the Acne.org regimen plus glycolic acid? Would it be fine if I used the mask only once a week to kind of balance it out and not mess with the regimen and glycolic acid?

I have really oily skin but not that sensitive. I don't have acne that bad I mostly have scars that's why I'm using glycolic acid.

Good for acne.
Reviewed on March 7, 2017

Good for acne. Use with raw apple cider vinegar for more effectiveness.

If you have acne, please give this a try! It's not a cure but it's the closest thing I've found
Reviewed on March 7, 2017

Let me started by saying I have tried absolutely everything to get rid of my acne, from prescription medicine to dettol because I was so desperate (btw dont try it!). I thought I would give face masks a go and started with Clinique and then onto Origins with some minor good results. I then saw Aztec on Amazon and had to give it a try.

I've been using this product for around 6 months now (with apple cider vinegar and 5 drops of tea-tree oil) and the results have completely changed my life! I leave it on for around 40 minutes until its dry and then wash it off gently with warm water. My face is bright red afterwards for around 30 minutes. Not only does this product dramatically reduce the size of spots but I've also found it prevents new ones from forming. I started using it 3 times a week and gradually reduced it to once a week, but I noticed my spots were coming back and my overall skin looked horrible, so I've upped it again.

This is the first review I've ever submitted because I feel so passionately about the product and need to let everyone know. It truly works wonders!

all that and a bag of Doritos!
Reviewed on February 25, 2017

We have used this product 2x (skipping days), the 1st we tried it with water and 2nd time with ACV. We had very little redness, no tingle, but face feels super clean, pores seem a little smaller and it seems to work on acne. I used on my 2 teenagers, both with different acne and it has helped. Obviously its not miraculous and cleared them over night but we do see a huge improvement. I do think its more potent with ACV but it worked well with water also. We will continue to use but only 2x a week, maybe 1x depending on results.

it didn't work for me
Reviewed on February 23, 2016

I was really excited to try this mask, but sadlly it didn't work for me..

I noticed that every small bump i had, turned into huge, inflammed and really really really painful cyst, i don't even want to remember how awful it was, so later on i used the yogurt/corn mask to just let my face calm down..

May be my fault was that i was using it daily -_-

Update: I tried it again "twice a week" and got acne again.

by jz1197 on 02/29/2016 22:09
Definitely don't use this everyday. Just once a week. use other lighter lotions/acne control in combination with this mask. You'll probably get better results.
Ok to use with acne.org products?
Reviewed on January 13, 2017

Hello everyone! Does anyone know if it's alright to keep using benzoyl peroxide and glycolic acid but replace them with this one time a day once or twice per week?

by mommyof5 on 02/25/2017 01:41
also curious... I wanted to see if anyone has applied an and treatment immediately after using mask???
by kayw on 06/22/2017 00:41
yes you can treat/continue your regular routine after use. i wash my face, exfoliate if needed for smoother application & better penetration. rinse it off. dry. then apply mask. after i rinse mask off & dry. i apply toner and serum/treatment if needed. then moisturize! i dont use overdrying toners w/ salycic acid or alcohol bc the aztec clay mask does enough with pulling out oil. depending on skin type
Dryness, redness - not good for sensitive skin
Reviewed on January 9, 2017

If you have sensitive skin, stay away from this product. People who have normal or tough skin will probably benefit from its drying effects, but all this clay mask did was give me huge, red splotches of irritated skin even when I only used it for 2-3 minutes at a time. And it did next to nothing to actually dry up active spots. Total waste of time.