Aveeno Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser Reviews

Brand: Aveeno

Aveeno Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser

Very helpful cleanser

I’ve only been using this cleanser for one week but I’ve noticed big improvements in my skin. I usually have acne, not too crazy but enough to really bug me, and this cleanser has been clearing it up for me so far. It’s a little bit drying but I can deal with that! Fingers crossed it continues clearing up my skin! :) Would definitely recommend.

Living proof this works

I started using this cleanser about two years ago along with the daily moisturizer At that time I had a form of Rosacea happening to my face.it hurt and was red and so horrible I wouldn't go outside at all. Nothing seemed to work. I saw this at the store and researched it. Took it home and began my regimen So literally on my second day of washing my face in the morning, I felt skin coming off as I lightly massaged the cleanser into my face. I was thinking uh oh but continued on. I looked at my hands and it was like if you got sunburned and started peeling the dead skin. I rinsed my face to find that the redness literally turned into dead skin and washed away. I told my family I felt like a shedding reptile at that moment. My skin felt so soft and new. I fell in love immediately. I will say that if you use the moisturizer also which I believe is what made this happen, use a very little amount as the wash is fragrance free but the moisturizer isn't. Don't make sense but it is what it is. I had to stop using the product for a while because just like anything else fornyour body if you don't take a break you get immune to it which I did because I was scared to stop and use anything else. So what I did was use their moisturizing bar with colloidal oatmeal for a month or so. Wow love the aveeno line!!!!! Kudos aveeno but remove fragrance from moisturizer please!!!!!

Guest Travis
Guest Travis

Gentle Good clean feeling pump sticks on every other bottle Ive been using this product for 6 years. Every once in a while the store i go to will run out and i'll think about getting something else and anytime i do i experience terrible break outs. this is the only wash that works. I have a lot of under the skin acne that you cant always see but drives me nuts. the salicylic stuff and oil free's or anything with a fragrance drives me nuts. this is the best.

Comments

Soap-free but cleans effectively Gentle for sensitive skin Won't dry you out as much as other products Won't exacerbate breakouts Does very little to clear acne A very gentle cleanser, good for people like me whose skin is easily and severely irritated by benzoyl peroxide and salicyclic acid. Hasn't done anything to clear my acne, however, except to avoid making it worse - must be used in conjunction with other things if your acne is like mine (cystic, hormonal, quite deep).

Exactly how I am now since turning 40 mannnn I was looking forward to 40 with my young looking skin scar free nope total opposite. Developed cystic acne and the cysts lie under my skin just to keep having eruptions in he same exact spots over and over. I was at my wits end and figured out something that worked only by chance. I have posted a topic you should read. I use aveeno too I love it but check this out and it don't hurt to try. I titled it "Cystic Acne Be Gone"
Guest Basia
Guest Basia

Foam feels good Smell good Left annoying stinging red rashes on my face thr sting like crazy whenever touched by anything. I see others have liked it, but I wouldn't recommend it in my opinion! These rashes on my face are soo terrible!

Comments

-Hasn't made my face break out -Takes off the light foundation I wear and mascara if I wear it -Doesn't strip skin -Won't take off heavier make up Sorry. This isn't going to be a detailed review. All I care about is that this cleanser doesn't break me out and takes off a little makeup. I usually use a honey mask every night for acne control. You must use other acne medications because this won't cure anything. It just doesn't annoy my skin.

Comments

Gentle on skin, helped my eczema and acne and removes makeup very well! The soap is perfect, but the pump gets stuck. I am in my 30s and have very fair, sensitive skin. I had eczema on my face and eyelids and this was the only cleanser gentle enough for it. It clears my hormonal acne and is the best thing I ever used to quickly and completely remove all makeup, even the tons of mascara I use! This is the best product I ever bought! So happy to have found it!

Comments

Skin felt really smooth and my blemishes looked smaller! I'm not kidding they were almost instantly minimized and after a few weeks my skin felt great and I was never more clear! Its really good at cleansing gently. Some times drying Had some whiteheads after using this Expensive! Pump would break I love this product and I will definiltly re-buy! ;)

Guest Anonymous
Guest Anonymous

Nice smell Fairly priced Calms skin, reduces redness, makes it VERY soft. Effective. Feverfew is very calming. Leaves very few pimples behind. Skin feels very refreshed afterwards. Gentle enough to use in the middle of the day. No harsh chemicals. Annoying pump, plastic cap gets lost easily. NO CONS ON THE ACTUAL SOAP :) I had been using very harsh salicylic acid acne washes from Clearasil, Clean and Clear, some Drug store brands even (CVS, DR etc.) , and they RARELY worked.. in fact they made my skin look even worse! Then I was told to get a more calming cleanser. I really couldn't choose so I just randomly picked the Aveeno wash one off the shelf. It was a stroke of luck! After a mere week, I saw my redness and swelling of my breakouts get much less noticeable! Sometimes I'd try out new soaps, but I always went back to this one. It's my safety net, really. Although it doesn't actually prevent the acne from starting, it does a very good job in treating it once it has surfaced on your skin. I would SURELY recommend this to anyone. No matter what acne severity.

Guest Kendra
Guest Kendra

- Makes skin so smooth - Removes makeup - Foams without using SLS - Lots of coupons for aveeno products! - Definatly doesn't break me out! - Can't use during cold Canadian winters due to dryness (as expected) - Pump does get stuck (when I press down, it stays down) however, it's a non-issue for me as it's still useable. I have been using this product for about 4 months now. I use this with dan's regimen and I absolutely love it! This product is very underrated in my opinion. I have finally found a regimen that clears me up COMPLETELY! I love the way this cleanser feels on my face, it's like satin. There is virtually no smell either. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

Guest Tara
Guest Tara

Gentle, non-abrasive, fresh-cleansing, affordable Pump Dispenser gets stuck!!! I am 27 with fair, acne-prone skin. Been using this product over the past 2 years & like it better than anything else. Every time I try something new, I always revert back to this one. It's very gentle, does not irritate my skin, cleans w/o being abrasive, smells fresh (almost no smell at all). I used to use face scrubs w/ micro-beads, but that only irritated my skin & acne. This foam took some getting used to when I quit the scrubs, but I love it. I use it when I wake up & before I go to bed (followed by Clearogen lotion). The only thing I really hate about this product is the bottle design! Grrrr.... Midway through the bottle, the pump is uncooperative & will get stuck when you push it down. They really need to make a better pump for this bottle. That's the only improvement I can ask for. Please correct this Aveeno!

Guest Denise
Guest Denise

Takes off make-up, doesn't cause significant irritation Makes me break out, pump gets stuck I prefer Purpose or Loreal Go 360 Clean over this. I've been using it daily for months now, and I'm seeing that it does nothing to help my acne or prevent breakouts. It's probably good for those with rosacea or irritable skin, howeber.

Guest Sonia
Guest Sonia

-takes off ALL my makeup, it's amazing! -makes my skin smooth and soft -light, wonderful fragrance -doesnt make me break out -foam, so no need to work it in your hands first -free of harsh chemicals -i dont recommentd to dry skinned people, it might dry you out, i have semi-oily skin so it's perfect -the pump gets stuck like many people said, but that can be prevented if you KEEP THE TOP (the pump part) DRY. -don't depend on it to clear your acne completely, if you want to clear your acne buy something for it as well WONDERFUL, my face seems brighter, the tone is even, and my skin isnt ashy looking or feeling AT ALL<3 It does not make you break out, but you still might get the occasional pimple so don't depend on it to keep ALL acne away, i use acne wash at night and aveeno in the morning. The first time i got it i had to hand lift the pump and bring it down because it got stuck after the first week, but then i discovered that this was so because water got inside the pump, therefore causing it to get stuck. So now i keep it in a dry place at all times (next to the sink is fine) and wipe it if i accidentally splash water on it. Another wonderful thing about this wash is that it takes off all of your makeup!!! Overall, this face wash is the best one I've tried so far!! I highly recommend it(:

Comments

price wasnt bad, love the pump only used it once n right away tight n burn n made my face 100 times worse...irritated made my face feel raw n more red i really wanted to like it thought i would im not saying i hate it but its not for everyone...juse be aware it could make ur face worse

Comments

has a pump, fragrance free, soft, noncomedogenic I guess it's "pricey" but it's worth it for clear face This is an extremely soft and gentle cleanser. It is probably the best you can get at a drug store. Glycerin is the second ingredient and it doesn't seem to have SLS although it doesn't say it's sulfate free. It's a foam so you don't have to work it in your hands. This is definitely my holy grail.

Popular Cleansers/Washes