Aveeno Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser reviews

4.2/5 - 36 reviews

Brand: Aveeno

Aveeno Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser

Water, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Decyl Glucoside, PPG 2 Hydroxyethyl Cocamide, Polysorbate 20, PEG 16 Soy Sterol, Citric Acid, Chrysanthemum Parthenium Flower Extract (Feverfew), Glycine Soja Protein (Soybean), Sodium Cocoyl Amino Acids (Essential Amino Complex), Sarcosine (Essential Amino Complex), Potassium Asparate (Essential Amino Complex), Magnesium Aspartate (Essential Amino Complex), Phenoxyethanol, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Coco PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Sodium Citrate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Xanthan Gum, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Sodium Hydroxide.

Living proof this works
Reviewed on August 19, 2017

I started using this cleanser about two years ago along with the daily moisturizer At that time I had a form of Rosacea happening to my face.it hurt and was red and so horrible I wouldn't go outside at all. Nothing seemed to work. I saw this at the store and researched it. Took it home and began my regimen So literally on my second day of washing my face in the morning, I felt skin coming off as I lightly massaged the cleanser into my face. I was thinking uh oh but continued on. I looked at my hands and it was like if you got sunburned and started peeling the dead skin. I rinsed my face to find that the redness literally turned into dead skin and washed away. I told my family I felt like a shedding reptile at that moment. My skin felt so soft and new. I fell in love immediately. I will say that if you use the moisturizer also which I believe is what made this happen, use a very little amount as the wash is fragrance free but the moisturizer isn't. Don't make sense but it is what it is. I had to stop using the product for a while because just like anything else fornyour body if you don't take a break you get immune to it which I did because I was scared to stop and use anything else. So what I did was use their moisturizing bar with colloidal oatmeal for a month or so. Wow love the aveeno line!!!!! Kudos aveeno but remove fragrance from moisturizer please!!!!!

Great Product
Reviewed on August 23, 2014

I've used this product for over 5 years and it really helped my skin calm down. One thing I noticed from this facewash was that it made my skin really dry.

Travis, San Antonio, TX
Reviewed on February 20, 2013

Ive been using this product for 6 years.

Every once in a while the store i go to will run out and i'll think about getting something else and anytime i do i experience terrible break outs. this is the only wash that works. I have a lot of under the skin acne that you cant always see but drives me nuts. the salicylic stuff and oil free's or anything with a fragrance drives me nuts. this is the best.

Reviewed on March 30, 2012

A very gentle cleanser, good for people like me whose skin is easily and severely irritated by benzoyl peroxide and salicyclic acid. Hasn't done anything to clear my acne, however, except to avoid making it worse - must be used in conjunction with other things if your acne is like mine (cystic, hormonal, quite deep).

by ShellionessLove on 08/19/2017 22:24
Exactly how I am now since turning 40 mannnn I was looking forward to 40 with my young looking skin scar free nope total opposite. Developed cystic acne and the cysts lie under my skin just to keep having eruptions in he same exact spots over and over. I was at my wits end and figured out something that worked only by chance. I have posted a topic you should read. I use aveeno too I love it but check this out and it don't hurt to try. I titled it "Cystic Acne Be Gone"
Basia, Seattle
Reviewed on January 21, 2012

I see others have liked it, but I wouldn't recommend it in my opinion! These rashes on my face are soo terrible!

Reviewed on January 4, 2012

Sorry. This isn't going to be a detailed review. All I care about is that this cleanser doesn't break me out and takes off a little makeup. I usually use a honey mask every night for acne control. You must use other acne medications because this won't cure anything. It just doesn't annoy my skin.

Anonymous, Los Angeles< CA
Reviewed on September 18, 2011

I am in my 30s and have very fair, sensitive skin. I had eczema on my face and eyelids and this was the only cleanser gentle enough for it. It clears my hormonal acne and is the best thing I ever used to quickly and completely remove all makeup, even the tons of mascara I use! This is the best product I ever bought! So happy to have found it!

Reviewed on August 30, 2011

I love this product and I will definiltly re-buy! ;)

Anonymous, Westchester, NY
Reviewed on June 11, 2011

I had been using very harsh salicylic acid acne washes from Clearasil, Clean and Clear, some Drug store brands even (CVS, DR etc.) , and they RARELY worked.. in fact they made my skin look even worse! Then I was told to get a more calming cleanser. I really couldn't choose so I just randomly picked the Aveeno wash one off the shelf. It was a stroke of luck! After a mere week, I saw my redness and swelling of my breakouts get much less noticeable! Sometimes I'd try out new soaps, but I always went back to this one. It's my safety net, really. Although it doesn't actually prevent the acne from starting, it does a very good job in treating it once it has surfaced on your skin. I would SURELY recommend this to anyone. No matter what acne severity.

Kendra, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed on April 11, 2011

I have been using this product for about 4 months now. I use this with dan's regimen and I absolutely love it! This product is very underrated in my opinion. I have finally found a regimen that clears me up COMPLETELY! I love the way this cleanser feels on my face, it's like satin. There is virtually no smell either. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

Powerful. Proprietary. Proven.
  • Powerfully effective
  • Pharmaceutical grade
  • Guaranteed effective
  • Doctor/Dermatologist recommended
  • Used in acne clinics worldwide
  • 100% non-comedogenic
  • Fragrance-free & dye-free
  • pH balanced
  • Scientifically formulated for acne-prone skin
  • Developed by the experts at Acne.org