Aveeno Positively Radiant Skin Brightening Daily Scrub Reviews

Brand: Aveeno

Aveeno Positively Radiant Skin Brightening Daily Scrub

okay

The product is okay if you leave your face alone for 30 minutes, but if you have to leave the house right after using this product, it actually makes it look like you have more acne. Because the product is supposed to brighten your skin, it makes the red deeper and shinier than it was before.

Comments

Not a natural product & cause acne

I bought the Aveeno daily scrub to use everyday to brighten my skin. My skin is on the sensitive side and I have a few pimples on occasion. I started noticing that I was getting acne on my neck and jawline area. After using this product for a month, I broke out with acne in other areas of my face. Realizing that this scrub is having an adverse affect on my skin, I am definitely never going to use it again. The micro "PLASTIC" beads shouldn't be used on sensitive skin.

Yes the same thing happened with me I had a perfectly clear face but once I started using the cream my face got terrible acne! And about two months later my face is now infested with acne and scars.

WARNING! This product contains PLASTIC exfoliating beads :/

WARNING! I have just purchased this product and discovered it has Polyethylene (plastic) exfoliating beads in it, I wish I read more carefully. I was horrified to discover that other main stream brands have plastic in their products too. Bearing in mind on the bottle it says 'ACTIVE NATURALS' under their branding. Most disappointed.

...oh and I decided to go ahead and use this product (duh!) I didn't like it, it was very drying, irritated my skin and was quite perfumey, blurgh, not a nice feeling. Wouldn't recommend on sensitive skin at all. I enjoy using Clearasil perfecting wash (does contain plastic microbeads however) but I think it seems to be good because it contains Salicylic acid and has gentle cleansing ingredients, I would recommend it for mild/moderate very oily acne prone skin

Surprisingly rough

If you're going to use this, do so carefully. The beads are quit tough on my skin, and I didn't really feel cleaner. Good if you want to exfoliate only, but not as an agent to remove dirt/oil/makeup. Probably won't try this again.

Comments

Caused severe breakout - do not use!!

Caused red irritated skin Caused rough acne looking appearance to my face Caused irritation to my eyes. After using this product for about a week I found that it caused a severe breakout - I have never had any kind of acne and was just using the product to clean my face. I would not recommend this product to anyone! Very unhappy :(

Comments

Be careful you pick up the right aveeno product

Breaks out fine skin Harsh beads Rough on skin I have used Aveeno products for many years. I recently realized they have changed their bottles. I normally buy the Aveeno clear skin acne wash but unfortunately I picked up this product by mistake being that it looked similar to what I normally used. This product cause a severe acne breakout and rash on my face. I have had acne since high school. This was super harsh on my face. If you have super soft and sensitive skin I would not recommend this product. I love my normal Aveeno product. Once I finally figured out what was causing my breakouts I got rid of this product and went and brought my usual. I will say this product does well on exfoliating my knees and elbows!

Guest k
Guest k

at the beginning my skin was feelings so smooth now my skin has LOTS of tiny little bumps all around my cheek/chin area I've used this for a few weeks now, and at first it was making my skin feel very smooth, I didn't notice any less/more acne, but going on to the 3rd week now I have lots and lots of tiny little bumps all over my chin/cheek area. This product is the only thing I have been using that's different, I've never had this problem with my skin before

Comments

nice packaging does what it claims to do can be a bit over drying Aveeno Skin Brightening Scrub removes all dirt, makeup, dead skin cells on my face while leaving it feeling soft and hydrated. I only use this scrub about once a twice a week or anytime i accidentally sleep with makeup on- oops! I feel that it gives my face a really deep down cleaning. The only drawback is that it sometimes can leave my face feeling tight- i recommened using a moisturizer afterwards.

Comments

My cheeks have always been red and irritated a lot. After using this, i noticed my cheeks have gotten softer and less red and irritated. It really helps exfoliate, but doesn't do much to prevent acne. Applying lotion along with using this also helps.

Comments

even out skin tone get rid of dead skin good size bottle great smell great for exfoliating very rough on skin this is a very okay product make sure when using this you don't scrub your face.also do not use this more than 1 or twice if you do this more you may experience dry flaky spots on

Guest Sara
Guest Sara

I have had huge brown spots on my forehead, nose and the superior part of my lip due to an expensive Clinique Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Corrector. I was really carefull when I was applying this product, no sun AT ALL but I still got big brown spots, anyway, after using Aveno for a week, my brown spots are so light that are almost gone, I'm amazed!!! I have tryied so many different products and none of them gave me the result in only one week and I'd like to add that I'm using Palmer's brown spot correctors and I'm having a great result. Very happy!!! Remember! No sun AT ALL.

Comments

- helps clear scars - Evens out skin tone - helps with overall complextion -Stings the eyes a little I have been using this producr for about 4 months now, in the morning, and its great! I feel like its helped clear all the scars and marks on my face.

Comments

Gentle Exfoliator Contains scent 2nd ingredient is Sodium Laureth Sulfate so it can be drying, but it does contain glycerin I would not expect your acne to clear with this product, only to be used as an exfoliator (be cautious about using it every day if you have dry or sensitive skin - perhaps just once a week)

Comments

Smells Yummy Gentle Cleans off all dirt and makeup Prevents Breakouts Micro-beads get into hairline I usually never break out, only around my period Id get one or two little pimples. I used to use this product a long time ago, and its great. after seeing it on this site again with the high ratings I think im going back to using it (:

Comments

- Leaves skin feeling cleaner/fresh - Removes dirt from face - Smells good - Better complexion - Smoother skin - Doesn't really brighten skin tone This product is great! It helps wash away any dirt or stain on your face and then leaves your face feeling fresh and renewed. All you have to do is... 1. Wash your hands with soap to remove dirt and bacteria from them. 2. Wet your face with warm water. 3. Apply Aveeno Skin Brightening Scrub to your face and gently massage it onto you skin. 5. Rinse face with warm water. 6. Pat skin dry with a clean towel. 7. You're done! Your skin will feel smoother and cleaner afterwards. The only flaw with this is that it doesn't really brighten your skin a whole lot, only a little bit. But still a great product nevertheless.

Comments

-smells like heaven -great for light acne -brightens skin -cleans well -good price -none If you have light acne or are on the verge of moderate, I definatly reccomed this! Some of the reviews on this say it ruined their skin, but that is very rare and its usually because you are being rough when you wash it. This product works gently to clean your skin and make it look healthy. Unlike other face washes, it moisturizes your skin and leaves it feeling soft. I LOVED IT! However, if you have severe acne, I would definatly recomend simply using this as a wash if you need to get off makeup or something, not as a huge acne treater. -THIS IS GREAT FOR A GOOD SKIN CLEANING!

Guest Shannon
Guest Shannon

-Smells good -Relatively cheap -Ruined my skin -Made it really dry and irritated -Hadn't helped my breakouts I would wash with Aveeno day and night and it just hadn't seem to be working or really helping my acne at all. This is one of the products on a long list that I have tried and have not worked. I now use this product called the Doctor's Program stuff- they have a whole line of products, I use their facial cleanser and acne gel for oily skin and I find that it REALLY works. It might take a while to work because acne, as we all know, takes about 2-3 weeks to pop up. I saw a major difference in my complexion and my pimples had literally vanished from my forehead and face. They became so less red as I kept using the Doctor's Program (which isn't on the list of reviews but should really be-it's not actually doctor prescribed though- its just the name). Of course I still do get acne but not as big, red or irritated as it would be if I don't use the facial cleanser, but that is because I play A LOT of sports. Overall, just don't use Aveeno, because the small beads rip your skin apart (and doesn't give your skin and deep pore scrub-it just makes it irritated)

Guest Ariel
Guest Ariel

i noticed a difference in my complexion rather quickly price maybe just a small drop massaged gently across your face makes a BIG difference. the key is to MASSAGE GENTLY. rubbing violently wont make acne go away any quicker. gently gives it time to really get in the skin.

Popular Exfoliating