Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 15 Reviews

Brand: Aveeno

Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 15

burns my skin and dries my face

My dermatologist recommended Aveeno for me. My face has been so dry this week so I decided to use it. I wash my face with Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser both morning and night and some gels that I was prescribed. Neither of that stuff dried my skin out at all. The first two weeks I started using them my skin was getting better.Then, I went outside on a cold night and my skin got dry so I decided to moisturize. Wish I hadn't. The first time I used it, it BURNED my skin even when it wasn't super dry. My face got all red it was a mess. It's been a week and I'm still dry. The whole bottom half of my face is just dry and flaky. I've decided to stop using moisturizer for now and tell my dermatologist to not suggest it to other people. Also, I fell as if it just sits on your face. I had it on for about an hour and scratched my face and the moisturizer was under my nails. SO PLEASE DONT USE THIS PRODUCT.

Pizza face

I used the same moisturizer for years and saw a commercial for this and decided I would change up my skin routine. Worst idea ever. I've never really struggled with acne, just a few break outs hear and there, but two weeks after using this product my skin was the worst it has ever been. I looked like a full blown pepperoni pizza. I stopped using it and went back to my old moisturizer and my skin cleared up in a week. Lesson learned, if it's not broke, don't fix it.

What moisturizer do you use?

WOW THIS IS AWKWARD FOR ME HOLY CRAP

hahahahah! I expected to come in here like WOAH THIS IS ALL I USE I LOVE IT DON'T YOU!??!? I was so prepared to be like "this is the only moisturizer I use! I was using it before I even heard Ingrid Neilsen used it. Man I love this. Been using it for 4 years now, wow." AND THEN I SEE ALL THIS HATE AND LIKE WOAH WHAT AM I MISSING OUT ON. Ok, so, basically, I feel my whole world is knocked upside down. It's the only product i've never changed...I don't think it ruins my skin...but also it does make it red? When I apply...and i'm just thinking about that now... Y'all have me freaking out now. GREAT. I always told myself I had to do more moisturizer research but I loved that this was a one stop shop! Light weight AND had sunscreen. What more could you ask for....(a lot apparently). Will be back with an update later I guess....

I'm liking this so far.

I've been using this for about a month now and I really like it. Despite all the harsh criticism it's receiving on this site, I'm finding that my skin doesn't react adversely to it. I only use it during the day following my morning wash with CeraVe foaming cleanser and the Acne.org Acne Treatment.

Comments

Recommended by my dermatologist, but it's terrible!

caused breakouts caused blackheads I struggle with very sensitive, oily skin, and acne. I have yet to find a daily moisturizer that doesn't irritate my skin (red bumps, inflamed pores, burning itching, break outs, etc.) I asked my dermatologist for a recommendation and he suggested this product. I used it for almost a week. The first time I used it my skin burned, but I rounded it up to the product coming in contact with my more exposed acne spots. I used it twice a day for two days, morning and night. Day three, my skin looked irritated so I only used it once that night. By day four it was obvious that my skin was reacting poorly to the moisturizer. Every pore of my face was either inflamed or now had a blackhead in it. I immediately discontinued using it. My skin was tender, itchy, red, and painful for days. I used a baking soda wash with witch hazel, which really helps with my black heads, two days after I discontinued the moisturizer. I have been using dove sensitize soap and witch hazel ever since and my skin is finally starting to look normal again. I'm still with acne but my skin/pores feel better around my ance since I stopped using it.

horrible

price caused horrible breakouts/clogged pores smells like ewwwww This also caused me to break out. I've always struggled with a few pimples here and there but this caused clusters of pimples all over my chin especially, but also my cheaks and forehead. Took me a while to figure out that this moisturizer was the problem, didn't think it was since Aveeno is supposed to be so gentle and natural and all that b.s. Don't use this product! My skin got so bad I broke down and cried TWICE looking in the mirror at these large, painful Whitehead's all over my chin. wouldn't wish this moisturizer on my worst enemy, beware!

Comments

doesn't break me out has spf seems to even out skin tone does appear a little bit shiny the company sent me a faulty bottle so the pump didn't work I was really annoyed with the bottle because it wouldn't pump the lotion, but at least the product is okay. Other people seem to have broken out because of it, but it seems fine for me as long as I don't slather too much on.

Comments

looks good when first applied break outs, oily I hope you guys know this before using it on your face: 'natural light diffusers' basically means they've put millions of tiny glitters into the mix to diffuse the light and bounce it back. This is what's getting into your pores and clogging them up. Please reconsider if you are acne prone.

Guest Pam
Guest Pam

Please do not buy this product! I love the Aveeno lotion with oatmeal because I have dry skin (legs and arms). I use an expensive serum to moisturize my face and bought "Positvely Radiant" for my neck. Neck has been broken out for weeks. I did not think about the "Positvely Radiant" until yesterday when I used it on my face. My face immediately broke out. It feels like something is cutting my skin when I run my hand over my eyelids. Also, burns and very fine rash is present. Don't purchase this product! Skin looks chapped and burns.

Comments

AT FIRST it makes your skin smooth, and gives a sort of "glow" made me BREAK OUT like crazy. Please please don't use this product. If I could only tell you the physical and emotional effects it has had.... I started using this about a year ago after reading everywhere that "everyone moisturizes now days." Well I never really did before but I figured this product was safe. I don't have sensitive skin at all, so it took months before it broke my face out all over, I mean ALL over. Before I only got a pimple now and then. Since the product didn't break me out right away, it took me forever to figure out it was the problem. I stopped drinking caffeine, stopped eating dairy (I was already vegetarian), started using BP (made it so much worse bc I don't truly have acne), and I even started jogging 5 times a week. When I ruled out everything else, I started to look at reviews for aveeno, and decided to stop moisturizing all together. Now my skin is getting so much better in a matter of a couple weeks, and I'm so glad bc I actually stopped going out bc my face was so bad. I'm just glad to get back to my normal life, and I guess now I'm super healthy....so ya, DON"T USE THIS PRODUCT, LESS IS MORE WHEN IT COMES TO YOUR FACE.

Guest Charchar
Guest Charchar

Evens out skin tone Feels great, dries quickly Works if used sparingly I've figured it out, once I use this moisturizer for a week straight I began to form small pimples. What I do is use this moisturizer MWF and use cetaphil for the other days, at night I use clean & clear night. In the first week, red spots faded, leftover hyperpigmentation disappeared, but I gained two pimples on eyebrow and one beginning on chin. I WOULDN'T recommend using this existing severe acne or ever moderate acne. Use it as I said for red marks/hyperpigmentation, but if you use it every day, something in the product eventually irritates and clogs skin.

Comments

Has spf in it Made my skin greasy. Was looking for a moisturizer with SPF in it to wear under my make up on a daily basis. Thought it dried quickly, applied make-up and went off to work. Looked in the mirror later at work and was shocked at how greasy my face looked. Stopped using it then and there.

Comments

? -reeeeeeeeeally greasy My only problem with this moisturizer was that it was EXTREMELY greasy. It didn't break me out that much (just a bit), but it was terribly greasy. Whenever I wore it, my face looked like I had dunked it in oil.

Guest popita
Guest popita

nice smell, improvement in tone, stern beads, made my skin burn, evened my tone but made me breakout completely. had a bunch of white heads and ingrowing painful zits! just horrible. it reversed my healing process and I hate this product! hate is soo much, hope the makers of it die wouldn't recommend it! screw aveeno, it's expensive and definitely doesn't live up to it's promises! they should discontinue the damn product! my face got so bad I had to see a dermatologist! it doesn't even brighten your skin! waste of money!

Guest Breaking out!
Guest Breaking out!

Good Moisterizer Breaks out my face and cheeks. I am so happy that I found this review!!! I could not figure out why my face started breaking out over the past couple months. I thought this new Aveno product that I was using was good b/c it felt great. But I too have been getting breakouts all over my cheeks (places I've never broken out at before) and I couldn't figure out what it was. It's really bad now, my skin was clear before. I just thought maybe my hormones were changing. But it all makes sense, it did start happening when I used the Aveno. You guys described exactly what's been going on so I know this is what has been causing the breakouts. I though it was safe for sensitive skin b/c it says non-comedogenic. We should sue! Thanks guys.

Comments

None Terrible breakout that actually hurts! Whiteheads as others said around my nose, and bumps all over the rest of my face. I had an abnormal reaction to this product. Would not recommend to anyone with sensitive skin or skin prone to breakouts. I also wonder if it isn't the sunscreen that's responsible?

Guest Soumya
Guest Soumya

None Greesy Made my skin breakout Tested on animals I have been battling acne for the most part of 2008, but it cleared up miraculously over the last few months. Aveeno positively radiant made my skin breakout really bad and reversed all my healing process. Now I am back to battling stubborn cystic acne again. Thank yo Aveeno!!! Wonder what the poor animals had to go through.....

Guest Jackie
Guest Jackie

NONE The SPF broke me out horribly I first tried this product about 4 years ago, I had received a few sample size tubes from my dermatologist. I only had minimal breakouts but i wanted to prevent any issues in future. I used this along side several treatments, nothing worked and my acne got worse. Red and inflamed the only constant in the last 4 years was THIS moisturizer. Since ive stopped using it (4 months ago) I now have on average 2 active breakouts and my skin has "flattened" I do NOT recommend this product to anyone with sensitive skin, avoid it like the plague! This is coming from someone who was always told how beautiful her skin was, and the queen of 5 minute makeup cant even let her husband see her without makeup which takes a half hour at least now to conceal all the damage done.

Comments

My skin looks more radiant! SPF 15! My face gets a little bit oily after a few hours. I have been using this product for a year... And I notice that my skin is more "radiant"? My scars are a little less noticeable too. But the only problem is that my face appears to be a little bit oily after a few hours, but I guess almost every moisturizer does that. (I have dry/oily skin) However, it didn't make me break out which is a plus for me! So, I will keep using it.. until I find a better moisturizer.

Guest Emily
Guest Emily

Price, smell, feels soothing on the skin, good skin protection I noticed my skin breaking out after using it for less than a week. I battle mostly cystic acne, and with this product I started having small white heads around my nose and forehead. I think the sunscreen is causing the breakouts. Skip this one if you are prone to clogged pores from sunscreen.

Popular With SPF