Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 15 reviews

2.3/5 - 34 reviews

Brand: Aveeno

Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 15

Avobenzone (3%), Octinoxate (7.5%), Octisalate (2%).

Water, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Glycerin, Bis-Phenylpropyl Dimethicone, Arachidyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Panthenol, Benzyl Alcohol, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Behenyl Alcohol, Steareth-2, Fragrance, Steareth-21, Polyacrylamide, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Arachidyl Glucoside, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Laureth-7, Benzalkonium Chloride, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, BHT, Titanium Dioxide, Mica, Silica

Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 15

burns my skin and dries my face
Reviewed on October 4, 2017

My dermatologist recommended Aveeno for me. My face has been so dry this week so I decided to use it. I wash my face with Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser both morning and night and some gels that I was prescribed. Neither of that stuff dried my skin out at all. The first two weeks I started using them my skin was getting better.Then, I went outside on a cold night and my skin got dry so I decided to moisturize. Wish I hadn't. The first time I used it, it BURNED my skin even when it wasn't super dry. My face got all red it was a mess. It's been a week and I'm still dry. The whole bottom half of my face is just dry and flaky. I've decided to stop using moisturizer for now and tell my dermatologist to not suggest it to other people. Also, I fell as if it just sits on your face. I had it on for about an hour and scratched my face and the moisturizer was under my nails. SO PLEASE DONT USE THIS PRODUCT.

Too Heavy
Reviewed on October 30, 2016

Product is too heavy. My skin is really absorbent, but with this lotion it just sat on my face and didn't moisturize.

Pizza face
Reviewed on June 6, 2016

I used the same moisturizer for years and saw a commercial for this and decided I would change up my skin routine. Worst idea ever. I've never really struggled with acne, just a few break outs hear and there, but two weeks after using this product my skin was the worst it has ever been. I looked like a full blown pepperoni pizza. I stopped using it and went back to my old moisturizer and my skin cleared up in a week. Lesson learned, if it's not broke, don't fix it.

by Danix3_17 on 07/05/2016 21:14
What moisturizer do you use?
WOW THIS IS AWKWARD FOR ME HOLY CRAP
Reviewed on April 6, 2016

hahahahah! I expected to come in here like WOAH THIS IS ALL I USE I LOVE IT DON'T YOU!??!? I was so prepared to be like "this is the only moisturizer I use! I was using it before I even heard Ingrid Neilsen used it. Man I love this. Been using it for 4 years now, wow."

AND THEN I SEE ALL THIS HATE AND LIKE WOAH WHAT AM I MISSING OUT ON.

Ok, so, basically, I feel my whole world is knocked upside down. It's the only product i've never changed...I don't think it ruins my skin...but also it does make it red? When I apply...and i'm just thinking about that now...

Y'all have me freaking out now. GREAT. I always told myself I had to do more moisturizer research but I loved that this was a one stop shop! Light weight AND had sunscreen. What more could you ask for....(a lot apparently).

Will be back with an update later I guess....

I like it
Reviewed on June 5, 2015

It's a pretty good moisturizer I'd say. Nothing magical or spectacular, but it works for me.

Can't say what it will do for anyone else's skin.

I'm liking this so far.
Reviewed on August 7, 2014

I've been using this for about a month now and I really like it. Despite all the harsh criticism it's receiving on this site, I'm finding that my skin doesn't react adversely to it. I only use it during the day following my morning wash with CeraVe foaming cleanser and the Acne.org Acne Treatment.

Recommended by my dermatologist, but it's terrible!
Reviewed on December 2, 2013

I struggle with very sensitive, oily skin, and acne. I have yet to find a daily moisturizer that doesn't irritate my skin (red bumps, inflamed pores, burning itching, break outs, etc.) I asked my dermatologist for a recommendation and he suggested this product. I used it for almost a week. The first time I used it my skin burned, but I rounded it up to the product coming in contact with my more exposed acne spots. I used it twice a day for two days, morning and night. Day three, my skin looked irritated so I only used it once that night. By day four it was obvious that my skin was reacting poorly to the moisturizer. Every pore of my face was either inflamed or now had a blackhead in it. I immediately discontinued using it. My skin was tender, itchy, red, and painful for days. I used a baking soda wash with witch hazel, which really helps with my black heads, two days after I discontinued the moisturizer. I have been using dove sensitize soap and witch hazel ever since and my skin is finally starting to look normal again. I'm still with acne but my skin/pores feel better around my ance since I stopped using it.

horrible
Reviewed on November 4, 2013

This also caused me to break out. I've always struggled with a few pimples here and there but this caused clusters of pimples all over my chin especially, but also my cheaks and forehead. Took me a while to figure out that this moisturizer was the problem, didn't think it was since Aveeno is supposed to be so gentle and natural and all that b.s. Don't use this product! My skin got so bad I broke down and cried TWICE looking in the mirror at these large, painful Whitehead's all over my chin. wouldn't wish this moisturizer on my worst enemy, beware!

Reviewed on November 21, 2012

I was really annoyed with the bottle because it wouldn't pump the lotion, but at least the product is okay. Other people seem to have broken out because of it, but it seems fine for me as long as I don't slather too much on.

Anonymous, california
Reviewed on March 27, 2012

I hope you guys know this before using it on your face: 'natural light diffusers' basically means they've put millions of tiny glitters into the mix to diffuse the light and bounce it back. This is what's getting into your pores and clogging them up. Please reconsider if you are acne prone.

Powerful. Proprietary. Proven.
  • Powerfully effective
  • Pharmaceutical grade
  • Guaranteed effective
  • Doctor/Dermatologist recommended
  • Used in acne clinics worldwide
  • 100% non-comedogenic
  • Fragrance-free & dye-free
  • pH balanced
  • Scientifically formulated for acne-prone skin
  • Developed by the experts at Acne.org