Aveeno Clear Complexion Daily Moisturizer Reviews

Brand: Aveeno

Aveeno Clear Complexion Daily Moisturizer

Wow

I recently moved back to Canada (yes in the middle of winter) and quickly developed dry winter skin. I needed a moisturizer desperately. I am always worried about adding new products to my face as I (adult 46 year old female) have acne prone skin. I bought Aveeno Clear Complexion and I have to say WOW. Not only did it do a great job at moisturizing but it actually cleared up my skin better. It is light and has a mild scent. I use it at night and in the morning after my regular face wash. I plan to stock up. I can't say enough about this product.

break outs

I love how this moisturizer feels and smells. it's thick enough that it gets rid of flakey skin. however, I got a few small painful under the skin type bumpies just days after using this. that being said, i have broken out from every moisturizer i have tried and am still searching for the one. thankfully I was patch testing it on my chin. I've succumbed to temptation and have purchased this more than once over the years(aveeno stuff just looks so nice to me), but it just doesn't work for me. I wanted to add that I don't believe this moisturizer is at the correct ph for the salicylic acid to truly exfoliate, so no I don't think it was purging or anything of that sort. wish it would have worked for me!

Magic moisturizer!

I have been using the clear complexions cream for 10 yrs now and i have never stoped using it since. It is amazing. Ppl have always complemented my makeup but its not the make up. I apply the moisturizer before bedtime and i have acne scars from years back when i was a teen. With the aveeno they are less noticeable. my skin looks brighter n dewy. Only thing is it makes ur eyes water for the whole day if u ever get it in ur eyes. So i always make sure i dont have aveeno on my hands when im using my fingers to apply my makeup. Its a bit expensive but it really works on me.

HORRIBLE

I used this stuff once upon a time, and it didn't work well for me. The first time, I was already broken out, so I didn't attribute my breakouts to this; I just switched to another moisturizer because I was a product junkie and was trying anything I could to clear up my skin. Over the last couple of years, my skin has gotten better. It was at its best about 6 -12 months ago, and I wasn't even wearing face makeup when I went out. I felt so free. Unfortunately, I happened to use this stuff again when I went to my parents' house and saw it in my mom's bathroom. The great smell and product claims on the bottle sucked me in again, and I bought 2 bottles. I began breaking out horribly (blocked pores and inflammatory acne), but didn't realize this was the cause until I was practically done with the first bottle. I stopped using it a few weeks ago and have had no new breakouts but have been left with hyperpigmentation (I'm a horrible picker) that has left me not wanting to go out in public. I have to wake up a bit earlier for work to spend time covering about 30 marks and even an open wound on my forehead that is unsightly. It's been a while since I've had to do that, and I hate it. I've vowed to never purchase this product again and to get rid of my other bottle before I forget what happened, convince myself it wasn't so bad, and start using it again. Truly, the best moisturizer for me is the neutrogena basic one without any sunscreen. Even the Walmart equate version works well for me. But I just don't react as well to moisturizers that make special claims or have spf. Be careful with this stuff. Most people like it, but I despise it! Fyi, 29/f with acne prone normal to oily skin.

A no regret purchase

One of the best moisturizers I have ever purchased! It is fairly expensive, but it has lasted me nearly 5 months. I react very badly to Benzoyl Peroxide and was glad to find that this contained Salicylic Acid. It doesn't necessarily prevent any breakouts for me, but it keeps them at bay. It's moisturizing, gentle, and absorbs well into the skin. It also smells very nice, which is a bonus! It evens out my complexion too, and gets rid of any patchy dry spots. Overall, I recommend this as a daily moisturizer for anybody,

Fairly impressed ☺

I suffered from acne pretty bad from 12-17. Now i get the occasional break out. Well recently I have been battling a break out that wouldn't go away. I can't use benzoyle peroxide because its to harsh on my very sensitive skin. And all the other brands with Salicylic acid dried it out or didn't help any. But after using this for 4 days my skin is amazing!! It looks evenly toned and all my spots, redness, and dry skin are almost gone!! Being a 22 yr old male I was questioning even considering a women's product. But I don't regret it now!!

Made my skin worse

Caused acne Didn't clear up skin Used it for a month and it broke me out, adding new pimples to my face.

Awee it's normal to break out after using something for a month! Your skin has to adapt. I always give new products 3 months to see if it works for me. :)

doesn't break me out smells amazing moisturizing, feels nice on skin can be put on morning and nighttime doesn't seem to clear up acne especially salicylic acid too weak, but this way it can be used twice a day expensive compared to other moisturizers Slightly on the expensive side, so I'm looking for a stronger lotion with benzoyl peroxide for when this lotion runs out, but I will keep using it until it does

Guest Sean
Guest Sean

my acne finally cleared up and I needed a moisturizer but was wary of it making me break out. I figured since this 1 was for acne it wouldn't break me out but it did :( once I stopped my skin cleared up again

I believe that you didn't give it enough time. It's definitely normal to break out after using something just for 1 week! Your skin has to adapt. I always give new products 3 months to see if it works for me. :)
Guest MB
Guest MB

One thing I forgot to add to my previous review - the thing that makes this item work the best for me is because it uses salicylic acid (the mellow stuff) instead of benzoyl peroxide (the harsh stuff). I don't know if maybe I just got a special brand or if all of Aveeno's Clear Complexion bottles are like this but that definitely makes the difference - benzoyl peroxide is definitely terrible for sensitive skin, which is why I love that Aveeno items are always mild yet effective and dermatologist-approved.

Comments

+ Start seeing results immediately! + Evens out skin tone and makes it brighter. + Non-greasy, non-oil, non-comedogenic! + Keeps your face smooth. - Burns a bit after benzoyl peroxide treatment, but that is normal because I just started. - No jojoba oil. - Small bottle. I've been on the regimen for about 3 days now and I have been using CVS gentle-purpose cleanser, neutrogena on-the-spot 2.5% BP treatment cream, and this product, and I have to say they are a good combination. I feel more confident, like seeing the results, and I cannot wait until I have clear skin! I would definitely recommend this product. It contains 0.5% salicylic acid to further protect against breakouts. It was worth the $$.

Comments

Gives skin a nice color. Increases acne increases redness does the opposite of what is said I'm 14 years old and I used to have pretty bad acne, but it went away about a year ago. I was using "Aveeno Fresh Essentials" before this and it worked wonders on my skin. I was stupid enough to switch and now I regret it. I had one breakout on my cheek, and it turned into a bunch of really red really bumppy ones! I want my money back!

Guest Amy
Guest Amy

Clear complexion .. Yes ... Spots gone after 2 years of trying to get the right stuff !! So happy....! None..... I recommend it 100%....

Comments

-very light -clears up acne -reduces marks -improves skin tone and texture none so far ! I have went years without using a moisturizer. I decided to give this one a shot about 4 months ago, and it is working wonders for me. I use it in the morning and at night and if I happen to shower during the day. Its amazing!

Guest Ali
Guest Ali

Moisturizes great. Soothing. Great for sensitive skin. Hasn't really cleared up any acne. I have really sensitive skin and this moisturizer is definitely gentle; hasn't broke me out. Also, I had ridiculous nasty red skin after using a harsh cleanser and this calmed all of the irritation and dryness.

Guest Sarah

Helps skin tone Removes whiteheads Reduces redness Pushes all the bad stuff out of your face so you get a couple pimples. But it gets worse before it gets better. Skin starts to clear up in about 2 weeks Ok so I was useing the aveeno daily moisturizer first. Not the clear complextion. And the moisturizer alone was amazing! I used that for 2 weeks, then it ran out:( so my mom took me to target and they didn't have any!:O so I got the clear complextion and it works amazingly! It did make 2 new red zits on my face but I put some toothaste on it and they are getting better. But it's pushing all the lame stuff out! Which is fanatasic!

Guest Dee
Guest Dee

Fast absorbing. Not oily. Pleasant scent. Soothing. Fairly expensive. I've been using this for about a year. I absolutely love it. The last time it was on sale, I stocked up & bought two extra bottles for when I finish the one I'm using now. I really feel like it does everything it claims to do. My skin has improved significantly since I've began using it.

Guest Amanda
Guest Amanda

At first you will realize your skin becomes "worse" but after a week it clears up Hydrates Soaks in quickly None so far When I first started using it I was breaking out! So I stopped and then remembered the quote "it gets worse before it gets better" the salycilic acid brings all your impurties out! So keep using it! I am a huge acne struggler and it makes your skin smooth and shine free!

Comments

Good Moisturizer More Acne (Whiteheads) Irritates already Irritated skin Didn't help with redness Not Very Good

Guest Adia
Guest Adia

-Helps with acne -moisturizes -salicylic acid! -nice scent -spreads onto skin nicely -makes skin look very smooth. -doesn't really do much for hyperpigmentation -moderately expensive. I live in the Ukrainian capital city, Kyiv, which although beautiful, does not provide as many options for Acne treatments as they do in the United States. My sister brought me this product (along with the foaming wash, because I was sick of my olay wash that i bought here) when she visited me because I always complained that i needed a good moisturizer. This product doesn't do much for hyperpigmentation which is a bit unfortunate, but it does help diminish acne. It's a perfect match with the foaming wash, the smell is light and clean smelling, and it is easily smoothed onto my skin. My skin looks smoother, but the discoloration still looms around. I guess you can say it's expensive, but it could be much worse, and they do give you alot per bottle, so at least it has good value. It's a good product that i believe many people would benefit from! :) (PS: I gave it a 4 star rating, but I would REALLY, if i could, give it a 3.5, still, worth a shot, definitely!!)

Guest Tianna
Guest Tianna

smells nice, is thick but goes on your skin lightly. makes skin smooth right after using i have been fighting acne since i was at least 11, and now i am 16, and it has not gotten any better. i have used everything possible, the downside to my skin, is that i have big pores and very oily skin, so i just bought this bottle today cause my friend had mentioned it to me, and i used it not even five minutes ago and i am already in love! i hope this finally works for me. i can already see my redness go away!

Guest Stephanie
Guest Stephanie

Reduces redness Nice clean smell (after a while) Almost instant result (w/redness) WORTH the cost!! None Okay I have very sensitive skin mostly on my face only and particularly under my chin/jaw line idk why but its super annoying. I have been using Neutrogena invigorating wash but have noticed my face more red and irritated then before using it which made me more self consious, with Aveeno I noticed about 20 minutes after use that the redness was just about reduced to half of what it normally is which is AMAZING! At first, the smell seems a little strong and "mediciney" but as you wear it, it starts to smell sooo clean and fresh! I will always use Aveeno now and couldnt be happier. Oh I also used this moisturizer AFTER I used the Aveeno Clear Complexion Bar. Seems to work GREAT together =)

Guest Radz
Guest Radz

evens skin tone nice smell helps rid blemishes none i'v been fightin with blemishes for 3 years, nothin (clear and clear, clearasil, st ives, avon clear skin, neutrogena, proactic) i used worked for me. i absolutely love this aveeno product, i use it wit the foamin cleaser day an nite an in a week i started to see a difference, its amazing!!

Comments

Smells great Works in days Moderately priced Pump breaks I have been using Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser and Moisturizer for 4 days now. I've washed my face in the morning and at night with the foaming cleanser and have followed it with the moisturizer after giving time for my face to dry. Only one pump of the moisturizer is needed to place a thin layer all over my face. I have already noticed a difference in my complexion. The redness in my face has disappeared and much of the whiteheads and blackheads are gone. I still have a bump or two on my face but their presence has radically diminished. I have very oily skin and am always fighting shine over the day ' this has dried my face out enough to where I don't need to carry powder anymore. I have used a variety of products over the year fighting acne over the last 12 years and so far I have been the most pleased with this one. I'll write another review after I finish the bottle!

Guest Sarah

THIS WORKS LIKE A CHARM! I love the way it makes my skin feel. Also, it adds a little radiance ;) I noticed a difference in my acne in just two washes! The fragrance is not the best. It is worth every penny.

Popular Dry/Sensitive