Augmentation Reviews

Augmentation

Some results

I have been getting sculptra treatments to treat some deep acne scars. It has taken four treatments, but at least I see a difference and the great part is that I look younger (aging and acne scars is not a good combination). I had horrible cystic acne (before accutane was available) and had some pretty deep rolling and boxcar type scars. I did CO2 laser when it first came out, and it helped about 20% once the swelling went down. Over the years I have tried lots of things. Last year I had scar revision which was painful, expensive, and yielded NO results. At least with this you can see something and it does fill in the scars. But it does take at least 3 or four injections over a period of a month to a year. The good thing about sculptra is that it lasts a long time. I will never be scar free, but this has been a helpful treatment with no down time.

Comments

only one treatment needed to see if this works for you No results for me Bumpy skin for a week At first when they had just finished the injections I thought it looked great but an hour later my skin was all bumpy and a week later my skin was back to how it was before

Comments

Makes scars smooth Won't work for deeper atrophic scars that are attached to the demis. I had restyline (non perminant haluronic acid) for some atrophic scars on my cheeks, I had wonderful results for the major wide but shallow atrophic scar. But it made the deeper ones look worse because the restylin just got pushed out around them. The great thing is it will help heal your scars in the long run. Stretch out your scars and see if they go smooth and then don't hesitate to do it. Everything else i tried (needling) and retin had very limited results. I would happy to get these injections for the rest of my life.

Comments

*Affordable and instant results. $300 for a 1ml syringe. *No dangers as with lasers. *Promotes collagen production. *Works great on rolling scars/ indents. *Surgiderm lasts up to 2yrs, much longer than Restylne, and comes in different consistancies to suit different needs. *Can leave bumps on your skin that can last a few months *Expect swelling/ bruising for a week for severe scarring. *Can require a second treatment as swelling during the droceedure can lead to false illusions regarding how filled scars are. I found this when I had a cluster of scars in one area. This was my first scar treatment after Accutane left me with severe scarring on my cheeks and chin. (You can see my posts.) I had Fraxel thrust on me by many doctors but wasn't prepared to take such a risk ivent he horror stories and how sensitive my skin is. I opted for fillers as a confidence boost instant fix because these scars had stopped me living for a year. I'ts now 2weeks post proceedure and Im happy. Two of my scars were missed because fot he awkwardness of one, and one appearing to be filled due to swelling I believe, but I would say I have a 70% improvement. I happy my follow up consult in a few days and am going to dermaroll at home to help with texture. My pictures can be found on my posts and I highly recommend this filler.

Guest David
Guest David

Works great for rolling scars than flatten out when you try to stretch it. Also builds collagen. Does not work for tightly bound scars Does not work for ice pick scars Not permanent I had my first round of Restylane done by the #1 Restylane provider in my area. I was disappointed a week later, when it subsided. I then purchased my own Restylane and injected myself. I did so much better than the doctor. It really takes skills to get good results.

Guest marina
Guest marina

Fills in the scars, lasts a long time (longer each time I get it done) Hurts a bit while being injected I no longer have acne on my face thanks to accutane, but I do have scarring--I believe my derm called it hypotrophic (shallow indentations). I tried collagen injections but they lasted a month, if that, so I gave up on them. Then later I tried Restalyne, and what a difference! I've had at least 5 treatments, but each time it lasts longer than before. The last time it lasted 18 months between treatments (yes, really!). They use a topical numbing cream which completely eliminates the pain, but I've had it done without the cream, and it's tolerable. You might look bumpy for a day or two, and it might then appear to wear off for a couple weeks, but then your own collagen builds up around the molecules and well, it's so fantastic!! I highly recommend! I can get away with one syringe now, and it's about 400 or 500 US dollars. Worth every penny.

Guest Beachlover30
Guest Beachlover30

Takes no more then 45 min, not too much downtime Dental block, numbing cream, a little sore after I have had depressed acne pits on both of my cheeks for about 2 yrs. They weren't that bad until I started doing microdermabrasion at a beauty clinic and it seemed to make my skin worse w/ new pits. Makeup didn't really help hide the scars and in certain lights, my face looks horrible. Went to see Dr. Kojian in Garden Grove, CA. I did not want any laser treatments or anything that would make me miss time at work. He suggested that I purchase a syringe of Juvederm for $525. I was so nervous. He gave me a dental block and put numbing cream on my face. Dr. Kojian was very nice and gave me tips on how to control my acne. We took before and after pictures and the difference was amazing. I still have some pits left but we ran out of filler. Today is Day 2 and I will keep you posted on the results. My cheeks have some red marks from where the needle was inserted but there are less pits on my face then before. If you would like before & after pics, contact me.

Comments

A little smoother, Permanent not perfect I did silicone, (microdroplet technique with medical grade silicone) in some deeper scars. It takes several treatments to get closer to the desired effect because it is permanent, so they don't want to over fill. The injected silicone causes collagen to grow around it, so it takes about a month before you can see the results. I've done it twice now, basically no downtime, there was a little swelling for about a week. My most recent treatment was 3 months ago. No drawbacks so far. I highly suggest it if you can find a competent dr, but there is more risk with silicone cause it's permanent [link removed]

Guest Jennifer
Guest Jennifer

It lifted my depressed acne scars. It really hurt especially on the cheek areas. It also created these bumps. I'm waiting for these bumps to go away. It looks great! My skin feels much more smooth and even. I love it, only I wish without the bumps. Let me see what happens.

Guest Desperate for a solution
Guest Desperate for a solution

none Loss of hard earned money! I had this procedure done and had absolutely no result.

Guest fixed almost
Guest fixed almost

Works Cost Had 1 cc of resty injected into cheeks for depressed scars. Also a couple on my chest. I think it worked very good. Paid $500.

Guest Debbie

I just got restylane today for depressed scars on my face due to acne. I have had the scars for 10 years and finally today a dermatologist reccomended restylane. I could see immediate improvement, it didn't hurt too much, about teh same as popping a pimple, which is how I got these scars in the first place! The cost was $332 and the doctor is saving the leftover for a week to see if he can put any more in. If this lasts, I say it is worth every penny!

Guest Restylane Moron
Guest Restylane Moron

NONE FOR ME EVERYTHING Do not EVER let a physician talk you into treating line scars with NO depression with Restylane. If you have a scar with a straight line, applying Restylane will only bring the scar to the surface and make it much more pronounce. I had Restylane applied to my facial scar last week, and it made it look 5 times worse. The laws of physics are applies here: Every reaction has an opposite reaction. The process may work well if you have indentation, but for scars with no indentation, it will only raise your scar.

Guest Matthew
Guest Matthew

I haf aquamid done in the UK over two years ago to fill out acne scarring. The material is still in my skin and knock on wood I haven't had any problems. I have very light bruising to this day in certain injection points which I believe is due to the fact that I have had two CO2 laser surgeries prior to the injections. For under $850 a syringe for permanent improvment in scars this is the only thing that really worked for me.

Guest Debbie

I had Restylene injected into my top lip nearley 6 months ago. I had also had Aquamid (perm. filler) in the top lip 2 years ago. Within 24 hours my top lip had swollen to the point of causing agonising pain. Then masses of puss. This is apparently a clash of chemicals. I have been on siprofloxacin (anti biotics) for 6 months and apparently have to wait for the restylene to wear off before I can stop taking them. If I am not on anitbiotics at least 3 different areas of my top lip swell and leak puss. I have never known anything as awfull as this in my life! Please do not ever use any permanent with non permanent fillers. I may still have to have the Aquamid removed some how. Someone needs to document what happened to me!

Comments

negative for my laugh lines it let an indention deeper on the laugh line, it has been 4 days so far, one side is okay other side it looks deeper and like a shadow effect.

Popular Medical