Aqua Glycolic Facial Cleanser reviews

4.3/5 - 12 reviews

Brand: Aqua Glycolic

Aqua Glycolic Facial Cleanser

Purified Water, Glycolic Acid, Ammonium Glycolate, Cetyl Alcohol, Ammonium Laureth Sulfate, Sorbitol, Stearyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

Great stuff
Reviewed on March 21, 2015

I started using this 2 years ago. At the time, my skin was in a poor condition from using products such as are included in "the Regime". By then, I had realized I have rather a dry skin that doesn't like soap, so this was one of the options.

The improvement wasnt fast, but after 6 months of use i was acne free. Now, after 2 years, scars have gone away as well. Ive reduced my use to 1 time per day, and its enough to keep my face acne free 90%.

Apply on dry face, let sit for 2-5 minutes. Then rub around using wet palms and finally rinse away. Dry your face, apply alcohol toner on spots and finish with lots of gel-like, 0% grease moisturizer.

Reviewed on January 10, 2011

This product has improved the overall tone and texture of my skin, w/out making it irritated, dry, or flaky. I noticed that the amount of severe breakouts has lessened, and pimples come to a head more quickly. My skin does not seem to get as oily throughout the day.

I started using this three weeks ago. I use this once a day at nighttime, making sure to apply a pump and a half's worth of it to my dry face. After gently massaging it for about 10 seconds with my hands, I get the Clarisonic Mia (with some water) and go over it for a minute. My face feels smooth and pretty clean afterwards.

During the day, I use a product with SPF since this wash can make your skin sensitive to the sun.

Anonymous, Florida
Reviewed on September 28, 2010

The derm had me on epiduo in the morning and atralin at night. This combination has worked to improve to severity of my acne but my skin was still very bumpy and covered in hyperpigmentation and red spots. At my last visit, she suggested I use the Aqua Glycolic facial cleanser.

I started using this product and almost immediately started seeing major improvement. It did sting during my first week of use but that seems to have subsided now. After 6 weeks of twice daily use, my skin is very smooth and feels like it did before I ever had acne. I am amazed that this is an OTC product and would reccommend it anyone.

Avonlea, Philadelphia
Reviewed on June 22, 2010

Get it. I got this product by mistake. I was looking for Aquaphor to put on my new tattoo, but the pharmacy gave me this instead. It has been under my sink for months. I was reading about AHA on the site and I remembered that this product had AHA in it. People had good results when using AHA products, so I grabbed this in gave it a shot. I noticed a difference in about 3 days. My cystic acne on my jawline that WOULD NEVER go away, faded. My pigmentation is fading. I haven't had any pustules or any other blemish appear on my face since using this.

I have used Retin-A, Carlyes, Proactive, SkinID, and various other medications on my face. I was left emotionally and mentally exhausted at the sight of my chin and jawline. I wish I had tried this stuff when I first got it, it would have saved me A LOT of frustration, tears, and misery. If you are at your wits end, I plead with you to at least give this a shot.

The consistancy is different. It's almost like Cetaphil. It doesn't foam and lather like you would expect with most cleansers- that means this product is gentle.

1. Use a gentle makeup remover or face wash to remove make up (I use Aveeno Calming Cleanser) and then dry your face.

2. Apply only 1 pump to your hand and smooth it over your face and neck.

3. Allow to sit on your face for about 2-5 minutes.

4. Wash off with warm water and pat dry your face.

5. Apply a moisturizer (I use Olay Regenerist with SPF)

I haven't been this clear since I was about 10. This stuff is a godsend.

That's it. I do this morning and night.

Kaylee, NJ
Reviewed on November 15, 2009

There are cheaper alternatives out there that aren't as greasy. But I'd reccomend it if you're a guy, because it's also a shaving cream, and helps with razor bumps, cause I tested it on my legs. it works to clean your face, but is not ideal. I'm saying no to reccomending it, but note if you're a guy I do reccomend it.

Anonymous
Reviewed on October 16, 2009

So far, my skin looks really clean, I only use it once a day at night. In the morning I use a moderate soap, like white dove, SPF 15 and oil olay lotion. I still occationally use tea trea oil for my break outs, cause I had such a great experience before. My husband has almost severe acne and he is doing the same thing I am, he is improving a lot.

Melissa B, Milwaukee, WI
Reviewed on July 22, 2009

Works well in combination with prescription topical treatments

Zoe, USA
Reviewed on May 21, 2009

My dermatologist recommended this to me for my oily skin and my closed comedones and blackheads. This toner actually did reduce the amount of oil on my skin, it is still a little oily though. The packaging is wonderful, genius! Who would ever think of pressing down on the cap and having the stuff squirt on a cotton ball? It's so much easier to use opposed to flipping the cap and then pouring a toner all over the place. The only problem with this is that there is a burning sensation when you first apply it, luckily it only lasts for about 3 seconds. Overall, this is the best toner I've used.

Elizabeth C, Woodhaven, New York
Reviewed on January 31, 2009

I really use it once a day everyday as my regular face cleanser. I dont really have acne but my dermatogist recomended to me about two years ago when i turn 38 and acne was appearing for the time in my life. Never a pimple again. :)

Erica, San Antonio, TX
Reviewed on December 28, 2007

My doctor recommended the toner some years ago because I had a combination of extremely red, dry flaky skin and oily skin with moderate acne. After only a week or so of use, the flakiness completely went away, and my acne lessened. Doesn't help with oily skin though. I stopped using the toner after a year, because my skin seemed near perfect. After a few years, my acne seemed to be coming back (and I was using differin too, which really made my face explode with acne for about a year and a half), so I decided to use the toner again. Still works great! I use differin and the toner, and I notice that I get more acne and my face is rougher when I forget the toner.

I definitely recommend this!