Amoxicillin Oral Antibiotic Reviews

Brand: Amoxicillin

Amoxicillin Oral Antibiotic

Trash

Caused my acne to get even worse and also a yeast infection. Horrible drug!

Does What It Is Suppose To Do

This is not accutane. It will not cure your acne permanently. However, it will clear you up while you are on the medication. I am taking this drug for two months before going on accutane. The idea is to clear my face up as much as possible before using accutane. You can't stay on this drug forever, but it does work, and the side effects are much less bothersome than doxycycline or minocycline .

Houndstooth

Works while on it

I was on the amoxicillin for 2 months. In those 2 months it cleared me up, but the effect didn't last and a few weeks after being off the antibiotic the acne came back.

Not a cure

Derm recommended this to me to take every morning and night for my acne. Not sure how else to describe my acne other then just a bunch of white heads all off my face. So I've been taking this for four months now and at first it really broke me out the first week. I guess my skin was purging, because after that first week it was healing and doing so good. I was amazed with how good my skin looked. Forward four months and I'm doing horribly. My skin is back to the way it was before I started using this product. I'm switching to a more natural approach, since I'm tired of using oral medications anyway. It may work, but it's not a long-term solution. I would try and go natural instead if you're thinking of using this.

Amoxcillin best for acne

I ordered Amoxcillin from Internationaldrugmart due to acne. It worked brilliant and amazing. Cleared every skin problem that I had.

Not for acne

I took this twice for strep throat and the first time around my acne stayed the same but the 2nd time I was prescribed it, I had the worst break out of my life. I had a huge amount of inflamed whiteheads, blackheads and tiny bumps all over my cheeks, jawline and around my mouth. It may be different for you but if you are prescribed this for a sickness, watch out.

My opinion of Amoxicillin

The following statements are my experiences and my opinions. I did not take this antibiotic very long because of a potential allergic reaction.

Amoxicillin

My mom works for a drug company that makes amox, so she knows a lot about it, and what it can help with. She recommended that I snap a capsule to get the powder out and make it into a paste, a little bit like aspirin. I did that with one drop tea tree oil to 2 drops water, and left it overnight. And voila, acne gone! I didn't take it orally because of the side effects, and lots of drugs don't agree with me, but apart from that, this was a miracle. I would not recommend doing this long term, just when you really need some help with clearing acne and spots.

Comments

CLEAR SKIN!Worked for me in a little over a week

So, about 1 week ago I had to go the doctors for strep throat. They gave me amoxicillin to treat it. I have had mild to moderate acne since 6 grade im now in 8th not that long of a time but with all the depression and stress that comes with acne can make it feel like an interniy. Anyway it's been a week on amoxicillin & it was cleared up my skin so much! I've done nothing new with my skin cleansing since I've been on it. I use to break out really bad on my cheeks, my cheeks were never a normal tone skin color it was always red & shiny, UNTIL now. My skin is almost completely clear, I still get white heads but it's so much better. I actually can look in the mirror with confidence, I actaully feel pretty! I'm suppose to go on birth control for acne on my next period. But really don't think I'll need it! Bottom line this stuff has worked for my skin better then anything else! And the funny thing is it wasn't for ance in the first place! I've done everything for my acne nothing has worked everything helped for a little then got way worse. This has help it like no other I've never seen results like this!! Expecally In a week! I love this so much!

Just started

My derm prescribed this after minocycline had little effect on my acne. Just started today but will post back with the results. I don't have much acne on my face but have it bad on my back and every once in a while get giant pimples on other parts of my body like the wasteline and butt.

Works fast!!

Works fast 2-3 days for visible improvements Not sure about long term acne use Some side effects mainly upset stomach I haven't been put on Amoxicillin for acne but within 3 days of taking the antibiotic my skin has started to clear up massively, on my face my back & chest with no new spots breaking out and the old ones are fading and having time to heal without still being infected. Can't believe it has worked so fast! I've been on amoxicillin in the past for tooth infections and also saw beneficial effects on my acne. It really works for acne but I'm not sure if a Dr or derm will prescribe this antibiotic for long term use for acne even though it really does work. The only side effect I've seen has been an upset stomach so I've started taking a probiotic supplement.

My teen daughter

fast beware side effects, like all meds In just 3 days my daughter's severe acne was so, so much better.

Comments

None Damaged gut flora I had clear skin for the first time in my life, not from doing anything special either just washing face once a day or whenever I really felt it needed washing. Clear for 1 year out of 13 felt great. Then took amoxicillian 2000mg/day 14 days for an abcsess and now my digestion, which was awesome, I could and always have eaten whatever I wanted, has turned to complete white. Getting ass loads of acne. Bottom line:may work short term,but your killing all your good guys, and they may never recover

Comments

Kills bacteria that causes acne, and all other bactria in your body. Works on papules, pastules and cysts works really quickly, within a few weeks you see a huge difference almost no side affects as other oral medicine. Doesn't work on its own, you need a cleanser to see improvement in a short time doesnt work on white heads and white heads MUST be prescribed. its great I recommend it.

Comments

Helps a strep throat. Doesn't actually help with acne Not for acne.

Guest K
Guest K

It seems to be helping! awful stomach aches if you take it without food

Guest Cody
Guest Cody

Cures white heads does not get rid of anything other types of acne besides white heads its only good for whiteheads and blackheads it won't get rid of the angry red ones. but i had insurance so it was free:) also u feel quite sick on it i had diarrhea and nearly vomiting on the drug.

Comments

WORKS TOTALLY. ENDS CYSTIC BREAKOUTS EVERYWHERE ON MY FACE AND BACK NONE IF YOU HAVE CYSTIC SCARRING TYPE ACNE AMOXICILLIN IS A MUST

Comments

I have been taking amoxicillin for over a year now because it does control my acne. I am not 100% clear, but I had about 90% improvement. My prescription is a two 250 mg twice a day and increasing the dose to three 250 mg twice a day when on my period (My acne acts up around my period). What I just listed is my original prescription but it has then decreased to one 250 mg twice a day. I am worried about what the long term effects of taking amoxicillin are. That's why I have reduced the dose (with my dermatologist's advise). I have been ok with the one 250 mg twice a day and when I start breaking out around my period, I increase the dose a bit. Another negative thing is that I recently developed a really bad yeast infection (1st one ever) and it took me a while to totally cure it. After doing research, I have a feeling that amoxicillin cause my yeast infection. Amoxicillin has worked for me, but still concerned about the long term effects so after my wedding (want clear skin for that special day) I will be actively searching for alternative solutions.

Comments

Clears acne short term Tough on stomach Not a common treatment Broad spectrum antibiotic I was prescribed amoxicillin for a throat infection for about a week, but one of the side effects turned out to be a clearing of my acne. However, amoxicillin isn't really prescribed as an acne treatment because it is a broad-spectrum antibiotic, meaning it will kill most of the bacteria in your body, good or bad. Minocycline and doxycycline are more commonly prescribed for acne. Bottom line: it does work, but go ask your dermatologist for something less aggressive. Also, it is important to note that antibiotics, no matter what kind, are never a long-term solution for acne. Your dermatologist will help you develop a regimen that will probably consist of a combination of retinoids, antibiotics, and benzoyl peroxide.

Hi, I have previously used this oral antiiotic for really painful toothaches. I havent really payed attention to see if my acne clears up after taking it. Its been a few months since I have. I am ready to give up. So does this really REALLY WORK? I am eyond the reaking point. I can not go to a dermatologists because I simply cant afford to. My mom is tired of uying me products. She wont even put me on irth control. I understand you said this isnt long-term, but I currently am going through cysts left and right. All I really want to know is how long did this work for you? And how many pills did you take daily? Thank You. Please. Please. REPLY.

It's cleared my acne very well no side effects for me skin isn't 100% clear I've been on this for about three months and I'm really glad I started taking this because it was my step right before taking accutane :) I don't take with food but after reading other reviews i guess i should...but I've had absolutely no side effects from it.

Comments

I started taking Amoxicillin for an ear infection but the bonus was that its also been effective in treating my backne I rarely get acne on my face but its pretty severe on my back and shoulders that leave behind a dark hyper pigmentation months after the acne is gone. Within a week most of the small acne has disappeared leaving only the 7 large welts that burst in the first week but are still inflamed. Hopefully week 2 or 3 of this medication will treat those in combination with a topical. Tho Amoxicillin does and will treat acne effectively, it is not a commonly recommended drug as it can be rather harsh on your body if taken long term. Must take with food or it will rot your guts. In the past I have used Tetracycline with no results and Septra with pretty decent results but haven't used antibiotics since my face stopped breaking out years ago. I'm not sure what caused the extreme breakouts on my back and shoulders over the last year and a half but my doctor refuses to let me take Amoxicillin long term stating it is not a good choice for acne treatment. Long term use can led to serious side effects and I had to practically beg him to keep me on it for the next few weeks to help clear up my back and shoulders before I go on vacation. He has lowered the dose for the ear infection, 1500mg a day to 1000mg for acne until the dermatologist can see me 5 weeks down the road. At that point Accutane will be his next course of treatment. I don't know the true cost of this med as my drug plan covers it and my receipt just says $0.00

Comments

Less severe of breakouts Kind of works It gives you reallllllly bad stomach aches HAVE to take it with food or your stomach will die Doesnt get rid of acne for good It works for some people but like most antibiotics its not for everyone. You should be able to tell within three weeks whether its for you or not

Guest Allison
Guest Allison

+ it cleared up my skin really well - taking it twice daily - still have occasional break outs - sometimes (1 or 2 times per year) my face gets REALLY itch and it looks like I have rashes all over, but it's really acne. Rosacea looking. The product works, but sometimes I'm afraid that once it stops working, I'll either have to increase dosage, which means I might become tolerant to the drug.

has it stopped working for you? How many pills did you have to take? Please answer!!

Popular Oral