Alpha Hydrox Oil-Free Treatment 10% Glycolic AHA, Anti-Wrinkle Reviews

Brand: Alpha Hydrox

Alpha Hydrox Oil-Free Treatment 10% Glycolic AHA, Anti-Wrinkle

Great for scar reduction -- did nothing for acne

This was a great cosmetic product for enhancing skin turnover, reducing the appearance of scars, wrinkles, and lightening acne related hyperpigmentation. I cannot, however, recommend it for clearing acne breakouts. It appeared to do nothing for either my acne or razor bumps.

Guest Pepsi
Guest Pepsi

Great for my extremely oily non sensitve skin. Has the correct ph of 4 for proper exfoliation. Not for sensitive skin. I used to be able to buy it from Walgreens, but now I have to order it online. This is a great product for my extremely oily non sensitive skin. I use it with the Neutrogena acne kit, oil free acne wash and OC Eight. I highly recommend these products for extremely oily and acne prone skin. See my am/pm routine under Neutrogena oil free acne wash.

Guest Day
Guest Day

doesn't clog pores regular use prevents most acne makes skin look years younger erases fine lines peeling is light drying if overused can only find mail-order takes a while to really work 2 months for resurfaced skin Great for people who can't use moisturizer. I use this or AH souffle every day Others notice my nice skin for the first time ever Order from Neoteric (they make it) it is cheaper, good deals, free shipping over $35.

Guest Zim
Guest Zim

- CHEAP Alpha Hydrox that you can find in almost any drugstore. - it would be an effective SPOT TREATMENT - GOOD for BODY ACNE (used on back & chest w/good results) - stings excessively - doesn't "moisturize" well at all - IRRITATES skin physically (not just the stinging sensation) YES IF: You want to give Alpha Hydrox a TRIAL RUN for a spot treatment. NO IF: You want a QUALITY Alpha Hydrox that can be used for a moisturizer, exfoliant, and spot treatment of the FACE. >>> get the Acne.org AHA+

Guest T
Guest T

Appears to shrink pores and diminishes upcoming breakouts. None so far. I can't believe how much nicer my skin is with this product. I haven't had a single breakout since I started about 2 weeks ago. I use it in conjunction with a BHA gel.

Guest Eva
Guest Eva

doesn't cost too much gave me a huge rash I've been applying this for about a week and a half to try to even out my skin tone. At first I saw some improvement, but 2 nights ago I noticed a rash starting to form. I continued using the product and now the rash is getting bigger. I know that usually products make your skin worse before it gets better but I will most likely stop usage. Everyone's different, maybe I had an allergic reaction.

Comments

Prevents a breakout from getting out of control -helps keep it below the surface. not cheap I put this on my face after I use Dan's BP. If I see any pimples under my skin starting to rise, the AHA really prevents it from coming to the surface. Also exfoliates. I think it also helps improve the appearance of my scars/pink spots.

Guest Kenny
Guest Kenny

Made my skin clear and pores smaller Such a little bottle. I was rationing towards the end. I would suggest using an exfoliating scrub with this product, because when it makes the pores smaller, it traps the hard to reach oils/dirt in.

Guest karen
Guest karen

Cost effective, wonderful results. Stinging on my face afte I apply souffle. I am still thinking about using this long term. I have seen great results, but I am concerned about the stinging even though it is short lived and not painful.

Guest Jasmine
Guest Jasmine

great product. all the reviews got me curious. after a week an old friend stopped by work and commented on how young i look!!!!! i can see a definite difference in the size of my pores and the clearness of my skin so far, no problems here. some slight stinging but nothing drastic. bottom line is that it is worth the low cost in comparison with all other high priced products; this is a definite must in my beauty treasures. i have been through some different items and i don't think i can find anything better right now. i love it!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Kim A
Guest Kim A

Works great on my face; really affordable! Souffle testure is kind of like whipped moisture cream (though it's oil-free) ALERT: I am writing about the new Alpha Hydrox 12% souffle, which is much stronger than the traditional 8%. I have contacted Dan so he can make a new category for this item. I am 45 but have the skin of a teen, always have...the trade-off for bad acne when young is that you have far fewer wrinkles when you are older! Anyway, this product clears my acne AND my deep cysts, I always seem to have at least one deep cyst somewhere on my face at all times. Additional benefit is that tone and texture improves. For me it took about 4 days to start to "see the glow". Reminder: drink lots of water and cleanse your colon!

Guest Lynn
Guest Lynn

It is like some kind of magic bullet for an upcoming cystic blemish. It either never appears, or cuts the recovery time in half. I use the souffle which is a little thick. I wouldn't be without it. Love it.

Guest Maya
Guest Maya

I had acne during my monthly cycle which left blemishes. This summer I decided to conqure my acne, and did. I researced the proper PH and found Alpha Hydrox. I have great skin now! I use Cetaphil, Lancome toner, and sunscreen. Drink water too. One must wear sunscreen to protect skin. Also, many claim the product is hard to find so buy in bulk. Target sells it though. It's worth the $10 to $15 you'll spend to have beautiful skin. Good luck

Popular All-over treatments