Alpha Hydrox Enhanced Lotion (10% Glycolic Acid) Reviews

Brand: Alpha Hydrox

Alpha Hydrox Enhanced Lotion (10% Glycolic Acid)

Looved

Loove this but they raised the price by a lot so I just got Dans AHA instead, which is not as good as this but good enough.

Amazing for my Hormonal acne

I've been using Glycolic Acid 10% Lotion (Mexican brand) Its not abrasive, it dries pimples and prevents break outs. I had mild to moderacte acne. My skin is fantastic.

clogged pores

this product is very good for softening skin and exfoliation but over time this will clog your pores! i would recommend their oil free formula thoe works great.

Hate It

Doesn't apply easily, too strong, leaves opaque white residue on skin, and doesn't moisturize well Don't use this often because your skin will be dry and peel in chunks. That's what happens as a result of a product that has such a low pH.

Really Good

I love this stuff, havent tried the Acne.org AHA but I dont even want to. Got it from amazon with prime for little $. ANd it works, has lightened my hyperpigmentation quite a bit. Takes a month or so to see results but it works

For those who suffer from Keratosis Pilaris

I have KP (Keratosis Pilaris) and have used the 12% A.H.A lotion. It has worked miracles on my arms, and shoulders. I will combine with the Alpha Hydrox Foaming Face Wash and exfoliate with it. Then apply the lotion. It has completely smoothed out the bumps and skin texture has softened incredibly. The only con about it is that it's thick and will leave a slight stickiness to your skin but it moisturizes wonderfully. I don't recommend using the 12% if you have sensitive skin or are just starting out. KP sufferers usually can tolerate stronger things on their skin because of the build up of keratin and dead skin.

Bloody Amazing Results!

I'll give a bit of background so you guys know what my history is skin-wise: my skin was pretty much fine in my teens - had the occasional PMS-related breakout but nothing too crazy. All was well until, just a few months before my 21st birthday. Suddenly I went from breaking out a bit once a month to just constantly breaking out. At it's best my skin was spotty, full of tiny little bumps and slowly racking up a bunch of scars - it it's very worst you can add itchy, red and super sensitive to the list. Whiteheads all over the place, hormonal cystic acne along the jaw - the whole shebang. I've tried all sorts; gone back and forth from the doctors with various prescriptions, BodyShop, Lush, tried going all natural; ACV both as a toner (which actually worked wonders until it mysteriously stopped working for me) and internally, sea salt, turmeric, witch hazel, evening primrose oil, starflower oil, zinc, tea tree oil, peppermint oil, steaming, african black soap, lots of water, green tea, limiting my dairy and sugar intake - to name just a few. Nothing made a dent. A couple of weeks ago, after another flare up a I decided I was fed up with nothing changing and started researching the next thing to try...It lead me here. I've rambled enough so I'll cut to the chase: I'm just shy into a month of using Alpha Hydrox Enhanced Lotion and this is the best my skin has looked since my skin problems started two years ago. Having paired this with BP (as of last week), my skin is smooth, I'm not breaking out at all and my scars are already starting to fade. If you're reading this, you absolutely know how much it sucks to feel unconfident because of your skin. It is a HUGE deal for me to have not broken out for this long. Just a heads up; for the first week or two, my skin did purge. It wasn't absolutely awful but be prepared for it - it's a necessary evil. Also, this stuff can be pretty heavy duty on sensitive skin (like mine) so you might have to play with building up a tolerance. I use twice a day but have had days when I've only used once or taken a break entirely. The only other side effect that I've experienced is two little dry patches, but they settled with a bit of gentle exfoliation over a couple of days. Overall, I couldn't recommend enough. It's cheap and you have nothing to lose!

Liquid gold

This is my first review ever, so you can imagine what this is doing to my skin. A little background: I'm 22, never suffered with acne in my teenage years just a pimple here and there.. Never a huge deal until almost 4 years ago I started to get more pimples than the normal 1 or 2 every month.. I also got acne on my back and chest which went away after using some neutrogena products.. But that didn't happen with the acne on my face. I have to say that my acne it's not the worst case at all but it's being very frustrating.. A lot of comedones, cystic pimples that really hurt, but well.. I did pick on my pimples and skin and that of course gets things worse.. Mainly I had pimples on my chin and jaw area (hormonal) I literally tried every product, vitamins and supplements, no carbs or sugars, no dairy.. Honestly everything and nothing worked Well.. Almost a week ago I started using this lotion along with their foaming face wash and honestly this is the BEST product I have ever used.. No one active breakout right now just some scaring and I'm so happy about this!! If you are struggling with acne give this a shot because it's working wonders for me!! This is awesome

Comments

Best Aha i have come accrosed.

This is a really good AHA product to a really good price. I'm on the regimen, so every night put this all over my face followed by a moistruiser. I would say that It has definetly improved my acne ;)

Amazing...

I am a male in my mid 20s that has been suffering from acne since my early teens. I started using the Acne.org regimen many years ago, and found that to be sufficient for the most part. Or, at the very least, I thought that my acne was just a fact of life and that The Regimen was the best I could do. About a year ago I bought this stuff and for some reason I never used it but once - maybe because it stung a little. But a month ago I had literally the worst acne flare-up I've had in years: something new every day, deep beneath the skin's surface, and it just wouldn't quit no matter what I did. I went searching online for more ideas, and to my surprise, found this on Acne.org's website with pretty unanimous acclaim (which is impressive since acne "cures" seem to be very hit-and-miss). Needless to say, I found my bottle and applied it to the affected areas over night. To my surprise, the very next morning things were looking up: the swollen areas of cystic acne looked somewhat "deflated", and places I could feel were about to erupt were no longer feeling that way. Over the next couple of days, the situation went from bad to nearly cured. Since then - about a month - I've had literally had my longest stretch of acne-free living that I can remember in years. I apply it to spots in the morning and leave it on all day, and apply it to my whole face at night. Of course, I always wear sunscreen now and have added a tiny bit of Jojoba oil to that to get totally moisturized and protected skin. I haven't even noticed but one or two little pimples try to pop up, and they literally seem to just fizzle and die after applying this stuff. Although all acne cures are likely to have different effects on different people, this has been such a miraculous change for me that I just have to recommend it. It's only $10, it lasts a good while, and it may have an incredible effect on your acne situation and your face's glow in general. In addition to being acne free, my scars also seem to be fading and my general skin tone is improved.

Pleased with product

I have used this product for at least 6 months, and I really enjoy it. I use it both A.M. and P.M., daily. Obviously everyone's skin is different, which is why I wouldn't blatantly recommend doing it this way, but I use it as my moisturizer. I will probably never use anything different, unless I come across something better, that is also reasonably priced. It was warm on the first application, and anytime that I really get it on thick, but the sensation has never been uncomfortable or irritating. I enjoy heavy cinnamon masks occasionally, so that might contribute to the fact that this product does not irritate my skin. I actually like when it gets warm, incurs a feeling of efficacy. Over the months that I have used this product, I have noticed the lines on my face really smoothing out and beginning to disappear. Being 23, having lines across my forehead and down between my eyebrows is irritating to say the least. So far, this product has done well for my skin, for acne, lines, and dullness. I really love that it helps curb flakiness, it has really suited me well in this arena. We all experience it, we get a zit, and load it up with BP or SA, and bam! Within a day, a nice dry, uncomfortable flaky patch of skin on your face that no amount of bag balm could even help, let alone trying to hide it under makeup. Even with the occasional abuse my face suffers from BP, I haven't had a single bout of flakiness since I have been using this product, and I am glad to give the credit to the enhanced lotion. I hope that this product will continue to do me well, because I look forward to using it for years to come.

Guest Xela
Guest Xela

Evens skin tone Reduces Redness Fades scars Heals acne faster Stings A LOT the first time you use it Leaves Residue so you can only use at night Smells bad Have to buy online Not Cheap in NZ I have only been using this a week but wow my skin looks awesome!! Give this a try if you suffer from redness and scarring, my skin glows!

Guest Annie

Inexpensive compared to other glycolic acid products. Improves skin texture and evens out tone. In my experience, it almost 'flattens' my skin, so that any budding acne zits are not raised bumps, but just tiny pink marks. Much less painful and conspicuous. Helps to fade red marks. Helps to get rid of acne. Anti-aging (apparently). Very moisturising. Can take a while for your skin to build up a tolerance, just like with BP. For some people, it can sting a little and cause redness, but keep at it! Don't get in eyes. Can increase skin's sensitivity to sun, so you still need a sunscreen during the day after using AHA at night. I wrote a review of this around 6 months ago, in which I said that I wouldn't recommend loading this on like a moisturiser. Now that I've used it for this amount of time, my skin has become tolerant to it and I do indeed apply a generous amount. I still think it's better viewed as a 'treatment' - I wouldn't recommend getting it very close to eyes or on lips, and it's a good idea to wash your hands afterwards. No longer makes me go red, and I now use it every night!

Guest Annie

Improves skin texture Helps get rid of acne Combats dryness and flakiness caused by BP Only a small amount needed Stings a little Causes redness Have to be careful not to get in eyes I had to pay quite a bit to have this delivered since I live in the UK, but it was worth it. I saw results almost immediately, in that the texture of my skin was way smoother and softer, and any blemishes or marks seemed far less noticeable. The only drawback was that my skin had gone a bit pink, a bit like a light sunburn (and I hadn't been in the sun at all). This seems to be an ongoing problem with this product when it's applied in addition to BP - and it stings a little at first, which is to be expected, since it does after all contain glycolic acid. In fact, I feel that it is somewhat deceptively packaged, since this really isn't simply an 'enhanced lotion' which happens to contain AHA, but more of a 'treatment', and ought to be used as such rather than as you might use a lotion or moisturiser. Having gone a bit pink with just a small amount of this, I can't imagine the disaster which might happen if you were to load this onto your face like a moisturiser. But none of that cancels out the good things about this product - I'll take a little bit of redness over dry, bumpy skin and zits any day! Also, I'm sure it's not the product's fault so much as it is simply a matter of finding just the right way to use it. And you really only need a little, because a small amount goes a long way. One time, I applied this when I had a few new spots, had a short nap, and when I woke up they were virtually GONE. I couldn't believe it! I had been stressing about it, because I can't stand it when I spend weeks diligently applying BP and then slip up and get a little breakout. This makes me feel as if all that hard work has been undone, since it will take ages for the red marks to fade afterwards. Well, the AHA combats that. If I get a new zit now I just put this on and feel confident it will be gone in a day or less, leaving no mark. I'm giving it four stars, because of the redness it leaves, but other than that it's a fantastic product.

Guest Some girl
Guest Some girl

Gentle on face, neck, and chest Very moisturizing Didn't irritate skin or cause breakouts Fairly cheap Too heavy for day time use Have to order online I started using this moisturizer after I had been using the Alpha Hydrox Foaming Cleanser for about two or three months. I had originally been using the Oil Free(also 10% AHA) but had been wanting to find something that gave me the AHA without having to be supplemented with a moisturizer. And though I enjoy this product, I find it is too heavy for my skin during the day. It's impossible to maintain my makeup all day over this base, so I've come to use this at night, alternating between it and the souffle.

Comments

Seems to be working for chest acne Terrible for my face. Maybe an allergy or something? Or maybe my face is too sensitive for this stuff. I bought this lotion (the kind in the picture) to use on my chest and back. I decided to try it on my face as well. Big mistake! My face has NEVER looked so bad. Covered in small red bumps! I can't believe the reaction my face had to this lotion. My chest seems to be clearing up, but who knows how long it will last. I would recommend this for body acne as acne.org has suggested, but not for face acne.

Guest demi
Guest demi

people coment on how healthy @ young my skin looks @ feels at first it burned very little.

Comments

-Lessens scar redness -Improves pore size -Smooths skin -Shrinks pimples -None This stuff is great. I've been battling acne for quite a while. All whiteheads, all noticeable bumps. After only a few days of using this stuff (applying am and pm) my skins texture was improved. After about a week and a half my fiance even noticed. Now, after about 3 weeks my active acne is less and less.

Guest s
Guest s

it's a great deal for what it is. need to avoid putting it on existing acne as it will irritate it for the last year, I've been using this on my chest and it works great. I wash my chest in the shower with selsun blue classic or non conditioning head and shoulders then apply this after drying my chest each night. It takes several weeks to work initially. stings a tad the first week or so. I have significantly less acne now, maybe 70% less. for the last 30% reduction of acne I take ice showers now everyday in the last month, everyday. it's a shock each day, but i love the discipline and peace afterward that it cultivates. bottom line: it noticeably helps, and does so in the long term

Guest Rich
Guest Rich

Cheap works good on old body acne to help clear up None really If you have old body acne and are trying to get rid of the scares id try this it really helps them go away !

Comments

Improved texture of skin, lessened redness, lightened acne scars dramatically, prevents new acne, clears up existing acne quicker, non-irritating, left skin very soft and healthier. Can't go out in the sun without heavy spf, burns slightly on first few applications, dries with slight residue. I've been using this stuff for about a week now and I really love it. My skin took to it so nicely! I thought I would have to use it every other day as to not over do it but it didn't irritate my skin in any way. I haven't broken out any more since I started using this and that was really the whole point so hurrah! My skin looks so much healthier. It's less red, smoother and a lot softer. It's even evening out my skin tone. It does burn very very slightly and my skin is a lot more sensitive to the sun but I just wear a sunscreen now! Stay away from your mouth and eye area though. For some reason, it gave me a cold sore? Oh well. I highly recommend!!!

Comments

Made skin soft, helped reduce some red marks. Really got rid of any deep under the skin pimples (small cysts). Made zits dry up fast. Made me break out! I had tiny pimples everywhere. I figured this was purging but I was wrong. I used this product for about a month (I wanted to give it time for my skin to pass what I thought was 'purging'). I think this is too intense for my skin, either that, or there are poor clogging qualities to this. The zits would dry up somewhat quickly but new ones sprouted almost daily. Finally decided to quit and go back to a BP face wash that (mostly) worked for me in the past.

Comments

This gives an extra kick to the BP in the regimen. Takes a little bit longer to dry than the BP, so getting dressed in the AM and PM is a bit longer than without the regimen, but I'll sacrifice sleeping in for clearer skin! My back acne is a lot more stubborn than the facial acne, but I'm optimistic that I'll see results soon with the AHA.

Guest Amanda
Guest Amanda

-prevents acne on face and back -makes skin feel so soft! -none I have used this lotion for over 6 months, and I have seen a dramatic change in the overall appearance of my skin. I use it every night on my face and back. I have less acne and my skin just glows. It is definitely the best product that I have found.

Comments

- combined w/ AHA souffle -> beautiful glowing skin - lightweight - absorbs easily, as long as you don't smear it on in large amounts - making my skin look much healthier and brighter - helps fade red marks left over from previous acne - gentle enough for dry skin - improving overall texture of my skin - tingling sensation on face that last about 10-15 min. - smell is a little strong I am in love with this product and the 12% Glycolic Acid Souffle. I have tried many natural remedies like turmeric, honey, olive oil.. but this product is the only thing that seems to be working for my skin. I have only used this product for about 2.5 weeks, but I am already noticing a big difference in the appearance of my skin. It looks healthy, feels soft, and looks bright and even. Also, since my skin is improving, I'm finding that it takes a lot less time to apply my makeup. I no longer need heavy foundation AND powder to cover my red spots. Instead, I dust a few layers of loose powder on my face, and I am ready to go. The recommended time to use this product is about 8-10 weeks, and I have only used it for *about* 3. I will continue using this product since I am already seeing results. I hope they never discontinue this or the souffle because I will continue to use both of those products to maintain the illuminated, radiant skin that I have now.

Popular Anti-aging