Alpha Hydrox AHA Souffle (Glycolic Acid - 12%) Reviews

Brand: Alpha Hydrox

Alpha Hydrox AHA Souffle (Glycolic Acid - 12%)

User588993

This stuff!

I'll probably be switching soon due to the ingredients, but my roommate was getting rid of it and offered it to me. Some products work well for one and not the other. Apparently it did nothing for her, but seriously within a week of using this my skin felt like silk (I use it every other night). The area around my nose where dead skin collects is completely clear now, and I didn't experience burning. But again, it's drugstore brand and I'd like something with better ingredients than this. I'm still giving it 4 stars because it worked well

AHA souffle

One of the best AHA product out there. Clears and even skin tone out. Also comes in a tube instead of a jar now, which is much more hygienic! Cheapest place to get this is iHerb, Use coupon jsv208 for 10$ off and free shipping

Guest Some girl
Guest Some girl

Absorbs quickly Moisturizes well Not greasy Keeps skin clear and glowing Have to order online Small amount Can sting a bit, might not work for highly sensitive skin This stuff is fabulous! Definitely not for a first time AHA user, and possibly not for the sensitive skinned. It stings a bit on application, especially the first few times, but I still didn't find it to irritate or dry my skin. It moisturizes very well, absorbing into the skin quickly and without a greasy feel. I started off using this every night, but since the container is so small, I began alternating between this and the Enhanced Lotion(which is too thick for me during the day anyways). I've seen great progress in not only my acne, but also my overall skin tone and glow. Will be using this for many years to come.

Guest Gwen Louise
Guest Gwen Louise

Feels great on the skin Absorbs quickly Results within a few days A little goes a long way Unpleasant smell A little pricey Not available in most stores Comes in a jar I tried this out of desperation. I have tried just about everything to control my adult acne. I had to stop my Retin-A regimen when I got pregnant with my son. After pregnancy, my skin was back to where it was before I began the Retin-A. After pregnancy, my skin got super sensitive and even the lowest dose of Retin-A was causing more harm than good on my skin. Enter Alpha Hydrox. My pores began to shrink after 2 days of use. Pores began unclogging after the first use. I don't think it is a miracle cream (I still have acne) but I definitely see an improvement in my skin.

Comments

None, but I only used for a week. Greasy. Doesn't absorb into skin. Expensive. I'm not sure if it works our not. Maybe it does. But it made my skin so oily I stopped using it. I was very disappointed. I don't usually even have oily skin.

Comments

- a little goes a long way - feels soft on freshly washed skin - is helping clear up my old post inflammatory hyperpigmentation from previous acne - evening out overall skin tone - gives me a natural glow - skin feels much softer and healthier - some might think that jar seems unhygienic because you have to dip your fingers in it - strong smell - tingles when applied to skin but feeling goes away in about 15 min. (for me) I have tried several products for clearing up and evening out my skin which still had evident signs of 'red marks', or post inflammatory hyperpigmentation. I am on Claravis (Isotretinoin/Accutane), starting my 5th month, so that is helping with the actual acne, but Claravis does not do much to fade red marks. I have been applying the souffle every night for about 2.5 weeks and have seen a noticeable difference already. Some red marks have faded, but there are still about 5 or 6 on my face that need to be cleared up. The recommended time to use this product in order to see maximum results is about 8-10 weeks, but even if I see results by that time I will continue to use this product. I just love the way that it makes my skin looks. My skin looks so healthy now.

Comments

It works Doesn't clog my pores Expensive Small jar I love this stuff. I've been using it for about a month 1-2 times a day on my face, and my skin is so bright and even now. I use it along with the Ambi Even and Clear Fade cream, and it's diminishing my acne marks. It doesn't clog my pores, and it doesn't sting. It's a bit pricey, and the jar is small but you don't need to use much.

Comments

Helps control acne. Evens out complexion. gets rid of discoloration from sun. Powerfully exfoliates. Stings when applied to exfoliated skin or skin that might have a scratch etc. Takes a while to absorb fully, makeup has to be applied about 15 mins after AHA application, otherwise it goes on cakey. I have to order online and pay for shipping as they dont sell in Australia. I've been using this product now for 3 years and I will never ever be without it. I used to be on Dan's regimen but it just never worked for me and I hated putting so much BP on my face. So I switched the BP for this, but kept up with Dan's process and I gotta tell you, it works wonders on fine lines too. I was beginning to see very fine lines under my eyes and skin discoloration due to sun damage as a kid - after using this consistently for the past 3 years I have better skin now than I did when I was 18. I do still break out from time to time, but this controls it better than anything I've used before. Always get compliments on my skin and I put that down to this solely. And sunscreen!! (that is a must when using this product)

Guest TeaSteph
Guest TeaSteph

Destroys milia! Plus, makes skin glow, smooths texture and tone, and helps clear hyperpigmentation I have to pay attention to my skin closely to determine whether I have to use this AHA more often or less often, depending on the climate, the season, and the time of the month. The frequency with which I use this product is constantly changing. Right now I've been using it every night but have been using NO BP, otherwise my skin will be too dry and the irritation will create more zits. Sometimes I use it every other night and the BP every other day, so that they are never used concurrently or on the same day, otherwise my skin gets really dry or even worse, it gets melasma! But it is an excellent product: with only a few days of use, the little milia I had under my eyes were gone completely, my pores looked smaller and cleaner, my skin was more even toned and soft. Also, it speeds up the process of getting rid of acne scars (hyperpigmentation) Lastly, one con: it tastes like crap. My husband now never kisses my face at bedtime.

Comments

smoother skin, fades mark, reduces acne, a more "glowing" complexion it may sting a little, but its so worth itttt ive only used it for about a week and its been amazing so far, i hope i just didnt jinx myself.. but i did have a little purging on the pimples that were already going to come out but it has been healing and i am just excited for what is to come.. my skin texture just looks alot better and pimples that were taking forever to heal are moving a long at a faster pace! so try itttt! i definitely recommend

Comments

Smoothes out your complexion--both acne and wrinkles. Helps by chemically exfoliating dead, dry skin to reveal newer, more luminous skin and to keep pores (mostly) unclogged. With continued use it seems to help regulate oil production. It can sting, especially if you have sensitive skin or any scrapes/open wounds/sunburn. This works and it works wonderfully. My mother originally gave it to me to try 13 years ago (doesn't seem that long ago!) and I have used it faithfully ever since. Not only does it help to exfoliate so your skin stays clearer, it keeps your skin from looking faded and wrinkled. I am often told I look at least 10 years younger than I am and I credit a lot of that to using Alpha Hydrox every other night for the last 13 years! I can say that while this helped marginally with my acne, I do not break out really often, more of a hormonal monthly break out. However, this does help to fade the marks left by acne quicker and seems to help keep pores open which lessens the severity of the acne. Also, I never get blackheads and I truely believe it is because of this!

Comments

- Clears comedonal acne (whiteheads + blackheads) - Evens skin texture - Burns like crazy & makes face red & extra-sensitive - expensive I love the AHA company, their products really help keep my face under control all these years. I also use the Enhance Lotion with 10% glycolic acid, but this is my favorite since it has 12% and the texture is very fluffy, much like a souffle (haha). While it isn't a primary acne treatment like salicylic acid/bp/clindamycin phosphate/retin-a, et. al., it is a must-have addition to any skin-care regime. When I skipped taking this after 4-6 months (thought I didn't need it) my face completely broke out with a billion whitehead/blackheads. When I start using this again the comedonal acne went away. It also helped decrease the swelling of larger pustules and cystic acne. One important note is that you must follow through with a nice soothing moisturizer afterwards! (recc: shea butter,aveeno ultra-calming) and/or a sunscreen when going outside since glycolic acid turns your skin extra sensitive, especially to the sun!

Guest Alita
Guest Alita

Helps keep skin clear, Moisturizes well, Helps with scars Greasy, Stings Stung everytime I put it on and this left my skin really greasy. I used this at night, and every morning my face would be so oily! I now use Dan's AHA and it works much better at a lower price. Dan's AHA does a better job at keeping my skin clear and healing my scars.

Guest Liz
Guest Liz

Actually worked to clear skin, and to smooth and even out skin. OK for me, but I can see that it could irritate people with sensitive skin. I can't say enough about this product. I just turned 40, and had mild acne since my teens. My dad is a Dr, and so I had access to all the treatment under the sun, but nothing really worked. It wasn't bad enough to take Accutane, but it was enough to make me a little self conscious. I was a horrible picker as well, so a small problem was made bigger. The month I was turning 40 I decided to try the Souffle, as more of a wrinkle cream. Sure enough, 3-4 weeks into it, my skin was clear. It's almost enough to make me cry, I had looked so hard for help all those years, and now I have it. My skin looks full and smooth, I'm not sure it's a miracle for wrinkles, but since my oily skin has helped keep those at bay, I don't care so much. Just like all products, it probably won't work for everyone, but it has literally changed a small part of my life.

Guest switches
Guest switches

creamy, light weight, no harsh smells none so far i bought this product for the glycolic acid, once i first used it the consistency really scared me because it felt soo creamy.. like it would be really greasy. and clog my pores... no clogging as of yet

Guest anonymous
Guest anonymous

Evens out skin tone, makes blemishes heal faster and makes pores smaller. Stings when u first put it on and skin can become flaky. This product is so worth trying and the price can't be beat. If it agrees with your skin-type, you will have smoother, glowing and less blemish-prone skin!

Comments

speeds up healing process, clearer skin tone Not terribly hydrating, sour smell I got this product because it was the only AHA I could find. It works pretty well at speeding up the healing process and helping red marks go away. It also makes my skin really smooth, improves the quality of my shave, and prevents ingrown hairs. I do think the 12% is a little much though, so I would recommend a smaller concentration.

Guest Oceanus
Guest Oceanus

dab a chunnk on a dark scab and sometimes by the end of the day the scab just comes off.. does nothing to preexisting or forming acne, just makes it bigger puss filled cysts. if it stings, it means it's working.

Guest Rebecca
Guest Rebecca

Seems to speed up zit process, almost overnight or 1-2 days Stings fore a few minutes after putting it on. My Rite Aid didn't have the advanced so I got this 12% version. I'll deal with the moments of stinging if it's exfoliating and quickening the zits. Still have redness from old zits so hoping continued use will help them fade.

Comments

Has reduced my acne significantly; acne shrinks faster & scars seems to be fading with constant use Stings when used after clindamycin phosphate Works, but painful. I think that has been keeping my skin in decent condition over the past year. My skin was horrible before I found this product last year.

Guest anon
Guest anon

I've struggled with acne for 15 years. Dan's regimen cleared me, but left me too dry which made my fine lines look worse. This product has both kept me clear and improved my skin tone - without BP. "Initial purge" easily controlled with BP. Don't like the smell - but it's not bad. Applying too much can cause red patches. Wish I knew about this 15 years ago!! Helps for acne, and for fine lines and skin tone.

Comments

Beginning to control my acne very well, light feel, really gets rid of redness overnight Stings and burns. The feeling has not gone away in the almost 3 months I've used it. Will be trying the Enhanced Lotion next with less % of glycolic acid, Sweet smell I dont really care for I really like how this makes my skin look. It slowly fades marks and brings redness way down if you put it on overnight. I broke out in the beginning, and my skin has taken almost 3 months for the breakout to go away and start looking really good. I hear most people see great results in a month, it took me a lot longer, but its worth it. Nice to be off of BP.

Guest Cindy
Guest Cindy

It works It stings for the first few days, you may break out more until you get used to it. clears my skin and makes it smoother and less red. pimples heal faster, and red marks are disappearing! I didn't have an initial breakout.

Guest little
Guest little

works great, cheap, a little goes a long way. you may have to order it online because it's hard to gind in stores. works great! my skin is fair, sensitive, & acne prone. even when my skin was "blemish free" it always felt congested & on the verge of a breakout. i was slightly hesitent to begin using this because of the rumored "initial purge". and there was one. for the first few weeks my skin was purging all the gunk in my congested skin. i had enlarged pores & a handful of new blemishes. (but even through that purge my previous acne scars were lightening dramatically) & let me tell you the initial breakout was SO worth it. since it cleared & haven't had a single blemish. my skin is clear, soft, & even toned. my skin hasn't been even toned since i hit puberty! (i'm 22) i will continue to use it every night. a little goes a looong way. the small amount that was stuck in the cap lasted me 2-3 days alone. oh also, reading some other reviews on other websites some people seem to think this is a moisturizer. & it's not. you definitely need to use a moisturizer over it. (& it's in the dire

Guest shipinabottle
Guest shipinabottle

very light, smells nice a bit tingly when you put it on quit using retin-a and renova; this is cheap and does the same thing without making your skin peel

Popular All-over treatments