Aloe vera Plant Gel Reviews

Aloe vera Plant Gel

How I cured my acne

I have had perfectly clear skin for the past 6 months using this product. I started having horrible hormonal acne breakouts following going off my pill (Diane 35) in November 2016. By June 2017 my face was a mess, huge cystic acne on my chin, jawline and neck. Things I tried that did NOT work: Clinique anti-blemish solutions regime, Clarisonic, benzoyl peroxide gel, Azalaic acid gel, Apple cider vinegar (drinking and as a toner), spearmint tea, (you can see I was starting to get desperate at this point), Estroblock, Cod liver oil... What finally and miraculously worked for me was this regime: Removing my makeup with organic witch hazel; Washing my face with Manuka honey (the first few weeks I’d leave it on as a mask for 10 minutes then wash it off, but now I just wash quickly in the shower); Moisturising with organic aloe Vera gel (which, by the way, is the best makeup primer I have ever used!). I’m absolutely so happy with my regime. It’s simple and has worked SO WELL for me. For me personally, harsh and nasty chemicals may have even made my problem worse. Treating my skin with gentle natural products was the best call I ever made!!

Comments

The best acne treatment ever

I generally don't write reviews,but this my aloe vera gel and i wont skip it. I was a victim of hormonal acne and it was worse,i went to a dermatologist and she prescribed clindamycin phosphatee gel and it did nothing,I tried for almost a year. Then I tried fuller's earth and still nothing. After lot of research,I started using aloe vera gel,for first 2-3 weeks no result,thought of leaving it,but waited for the tube to get over. And after 3 weeks,in a single night,my pimples shrinked,it didn't go away but shrank a lot,huge surprise,started using it continuously and made changes it lifestyle also(lot of water,healthy foods,exercise,avoiding oily foods,etc) and my pimples are almost gone,and when I was continuously using aloe vera gel,I got no pimples. Truly a life saver. I initially used a local brand which was good,then started using patanjali aloe vera gel. I have even used tea tree oil,but it wasn't that effective compared to aloe vera gel,it doesn't irritate the pimple,it is cooling and soothing and also does it's work.

We will see!!

Okay , I have had acne ever since I was 12 in 4th grade .. yes I was the only girl in the 4th grade with acne it wasn’t as bad it was just a pimple here and there but when I got to middle school BOOM my acne isn’t as bad as it is now I have tried to get Dr. to give me things to help my face and I have to say I have been using these 2 products ... they have worked some .. but I have a lot of scarring like A LOT so I have heard good reviews about aloe Vera I have very oily skin but when I give this a try I will give feedback .. if u have very sensitive oily skin like I have I recommend you to go to your Dr. and ask for a acne wash and cream for your face for a healthy face routine but yes I will give feedback ! I hope this works I really hope it does because I am 14 I don’t want to feel ugly because I have acne and that I can’t go nowhere without makeup :(!

Comments

hydrating but not a miracle worker

I used to apply a layer of this on my skin before putting my makeup on in the morning, it acted really well as a barrier on my skin to prevent the makeup sinking into my pores and making them clogged. My skin felt nice and soft after using this and I do think it helped hydrate my skin but I don't think it had a massive impact on my acne. Ive now found a new daily moisturiser that works a lot better for my acne which i've replaced the aloe vera with. Overall it was nice to apply but I don't think it had the huge benefit to my acne that some people claim it has.

Aloe Vera Gel

If you never tried Aloe Vera gel, now is the time to apply on our skin or sculp. I had poor knowledge about the Aloe Vera plant before using it. We can use it or we can also drink Aloe vera juice for number of other health benefits like Hydration, Clear Constipation, Nutritious Boost, Soften hair and so on. Most of the people can not apply row aloe gel onto their skin because of the irritation or allergic symptoms. My skin also sensitive. So I have tried Tony Moly Pure Eco Aloe Gel which is a Korean Product. So let's see what this product actually is. � Tony Moly Pure Eco Aloe Gel (What Company says about this product): Product Description: The soothing gel moisturizes and soothes rough, sensitive skin caused by external irritants with the ingredient of moisture-rich aloe vera. Country of Origin: Republic of Korea. Major Ingredients: Aloe Extract 99%, Natto Ingredient and Sugar cane Extract. How to Use: Mild use for Face, Hair, Arms, Legs and Body. Use proper amount to apply onto face and body evenly to sooth moisturize. How does this work on me: Tony Moly Pure Eco Aloe Gel comes in 300ml tube or jar with fresh green Citrus scent unlike cream and petroleum. This gel most fast absorbing and leave no sticky residue. I have been using this gel since October 2017 and it's amazingly worked on me. I have very sensitive skin and it's easily burn on sun. Sometimes sunscreen also doesn't work on my skin. It's really very difficult to protect your skin which parts of your body are generally not covered by clothes. So, I have started using this gel on my affected areas e.g. Face, Arms and Legs at every night. Keeping this on my skin throughout night and wash it at morning with face wash. After cleaning my face I found healthy and oil free skin. After 2 months I can notice it reduces my sun burn. The Verdict: 1. You will have your result within 2 weeks. 2. It's really affordable 3. People, who have allergy, should not use this. 4. Really effective for Oily skin. My Blog Link; [link edited out]

Comments

Good for those who have picking problems

I've suffered through acne for over a decade. I pretty much knew early on it would be a problem for me since my mother always suffered from it and my sisters did as well. To no surprise I started breaking out on my forehead in the 6th grade. I'm 25 now. I've never had the type to cause large cystic spots (minus some terrible hormonal breakouts during early teenhood) but more the type that spreads quickly as blackheads or pustules along the jaw line and cheeks, and of course hyper pigmentation/ scarring that lasts forever. My largest issue would be going at my skin, and trying to pop the never ending blackheads. You think you might be fixing the problem but in reality you're just aggravating the skin more and causing the acne to spread. I have combination skin, and live in New England which means I'm usually suffering from terrible dry spots around my chin and mouth during the winter and perpetual oil in the summer. A few months ago I went for a facial, hoping the esthetician could help me out with flaky, oily, pimple ridden skin. I've tried so many products. Proactive, tea tree, oils as moisturisers such as jojoba and rose hips, witch hazel as toner, the Lue system, lush products, cleansing milks to acne scrubs, any drug store brand and basically everything at whole foods as well. I thought she'd do a lot of extractions because my skin seemed so bad. She didn't do any at all, she simply suggested I start using aloe as a moisturiser, that it's very helpful for those who have combination skin and her daughter uses it with great success. To me that says a lot seeing as she probably could have convinced me to buy her expensive salon products. It's been two months now, I've controlled the picking and use 98% aloe gel every time wash my face. I use about one pump, and follow with the acne.org jojoba based moisturiser that I've had for like 2 years. This seems to work for me. I don't always have time for toners and facial masks. I don't use the other acne.org products because I think they're too drying and way too expensive (the set I received was a gift). Basically if you have the type of acne that is noticeable but not always 'poppable'� and seems persistent AF, I would recommend aloe. If you're the type of person who is dry but will break out from using even the Simple brand moisturisers, I recommend aloe. If you're a PICKER and you can't help it, I recommend aloe. I use basic $4 clean and clear scrub now (switched from buying the philosophy scrub cuz $40) and I've seen vast improvement. It's also mid feb and I haven't suffered ANY dryness this winter, like at all. Wearing any sort of pressed powder over foundation was impossible for me during winters of the past. I'm not dry, I'm not oily, and I don't have anything to pick which means I'm not really breaking out anymore. I say give this a try if you haven't yet, and try to be mindful of touching your face. I picked up my bottle of gel at whole foods for about $6 with my employee discount and I've hardly made a dent in it. It takes a little while for your skin to get used to it as a moisturiser but it will transition. It doesn't feel sticky or oily either which is great. I can sometimes skip the jojoba moisturiser and just wait a couple of hours for my nature face oils to complement the aloe. Obv if you are putting makeup on you want to moisturise and prime further. It works guys, I say give it a chance!

Heaven on earth

I've always been prone to hormonal acne on my jaws and right cheek, so when I found out I was pregnant, acne wasn't an if but a when. My skin was perfect until I hit 7 weeks and I woke up with 6 cystic zits on my jawline and neck in one big clump. I thought they'd go away in a week or so, but didn't. They shrank, but never fully went away and at 11 weeks some even came back to be larger than before. Desperate and knowing nothing could hurt my skin worse than it already was, I saw a review for aloe vera gel. I bought the clear Fruit of the Earth brand at Wal-Mart and dabbed it on that area that night. I can't even believe this because I know how stubborn cystic acne is, but I woke up and my cysts were GONE. Completely gone. Flat. No one would believe that my skin looked like I had marbles underneath it the night before. I've been using it for 2 nights all over my face and haven't had a single new zit, small or cystic, pop up. It is drying, but it's also complete magic for me. Not to mention i was going into depression over not having the pregnancy glow everyone talks about. I use it all over my face at night after I cleanse and then I dab it on my problem areas in the morning and use my normal moisturizer to prep my make up. If you suffer from acne I highly suggest giving it a shot!

Toxic product because of the ingredients. Lily of the Desert would be better.

Didn't seem to work, I used it for a while but my skin kept getting worse so nope

Love

Ok so first let me say that I never write reviews but I had to for this. This will be kinda lengthy as I want to be as thorough as possible. For the past 2 years, I have been suffering from hormonal, cystic acne. I am nearly 27 years old and I have NEVER even had a pimple before this started. Normally, I had dry skin but it was great because I never had a pimple so I didn't care. My former dermatologist would joke that I just liked her because I had no need for her care. My pores were TINY so nothing got in them. I had no skin care regime or anything. Ohhhh the glory days. Anyway, I started a new job around the time that the acne started and it was very stressful so I thought maybe that was the culprit. WRONG! I left the job within two months and still the acne persisted. It actually got a lot worse. I spent over $3,000 on chemical peels and products to no avail. My doctor recommended that I go on birth control but I was reluctant because I am considering having a child soon so I declined. I continued on with my topical remedies, and chemical peels with no resolve. That is all until one day my esthetician told me that she was going to try something different on me than my usual (salicylic/glycolic acid peel). That something different was a vitamin A infusion peel (retinol) that I left on from 3:00 pm to 5:30 am. After sleeping in it and waking up eager to wash my face (with Cetaphil) and look for any signs of the acne calming, I was AMAZED. My skin looked flawless. The ugly dark spots that where all over my jawline and cheeks were faded drastically OVERNIGHT. I was right in the midst of a hormonal sh*tstorm so my cheeks were INFLAMED with acne the day before. This peel calmed it so much and gave me a glow that looked amazing. Back to my regular, no acne amazing. My esthetician warned me that I would not "peel" for a few days but when I did it would be DEEP, peeling off maybe 5 layers of skin. I mean under the dermis DEEP. By the third day, I was like a lizard. Shed for about a week and afterwards could see that my dark spots weren't gone but they were REALLY faded. Not a pimple in sight though. Good enough for me! After that I begin a morning and night routine of washing my face with Cetaphil, toning with witch hazel and rose water, then rubbing aloe vera gel on my face. I bought the plant from a local store for less than $2. Before getting the aloe vera, I would do the above regime and simply moisturize. My skin started to break out again though. The deep, pus-filled cysts on my cheeks and chin were starting to return. So that's why I added the aloe vera gel. My skin now looks amazing!! The aloe vera really took the healing process to the next level and within a few days, my oil control was much better, the new cysts that had formed where healed with in a few days instead of the dreaded 2-3 week process that would leave horrible scarring. This dries my face a bit but my skin is very oily since my hormones went wacky so this helps a ton. The overall texture has improved since introducing aloe into my routine and my face is now brighter and more healthy looking. In addition to all of the things stated above, I have also begin to treat the hormonal acne internally by cutting all animal-based foods (vegan) especially dairy. Sometimes I may eat like a small piece of chicken or something but not a whole meal and not very often. I drink a lot more water (Essentia Alkaline water hydrates better so all of the benefits of drinking water are captured), and I have learned to stop picking my pimples. I also added good probiotics to my daily routine. I still get a few pimples around my period time but its literally like 1-2 whiteheads and not 20-25 deep cysts. I believe the aloe vera plant calms my face before a breakout begins plus it keeps my oil down and my pores clean so it will remain apart of my regime until I see otherwise. I hope this helps someone because acne is a TERRIBLE confidence killer. Its been about a month or so since I begin with this process so I will update at 3 months to let you all know if this is still working. Good luck! UPDATE!!!!- Ok so I got my period and my acne flared again. Ugh. I am so exhausted with this crap. Anyway, aloe is still working and healing cysts much faster than normal. It seems like now my cysts are localized to one cheek instead of all over so I am happy about that. I am able to cover it with my hair now so one side of my face is really clear and the hyper-pigmentation has improved TONS since I use the aloe regularly. Again, I tone with rose water witch hazel (Thayers). I believe that has also helped the pigmentation. A few other things that I am trying includes calcarea sulpurica (got from a health food store for like $6. It supposedly drains the pus in cysts. Today is my first day taking it), maca root to balance my hormones, serrapatese to dissolve scar tissue (on the one cheek that is breaking out, I have hypo-pigmentation and the new skin cells are not breaking through because of scar tissue. It feels like a lump under the skin or like a deep bump that won't go away. Serrapatese is suppose to help with that), and a high grade Turmeric with biopeprine. I have used Turmeric before and it really works for inflammation. I am starting off with 900 mg. I am still vegan but I am eating even cleaner and doing balanced meals with lots of nuts, beans, etc. Staying away from gluten as much as possible and soy. Trying to do at least two "raw" meals per day. I believe this is helping me. All of the hard, tiny acne nodules that I had on my chin (which I could have like 30 or more at a time) are gone. I think I may have one that's healing but that's it. My left cheek is HORRENDOUS at the moment but I am hopeful that it will heal in a few days thanks to the aloe vera.

great at controlling oil

really helped to cut down oil on my face, probably because the gel contains salicylic acid, and also pretty gentle.

Not really

I used aloe vera in the morning to fade my pimple marks and I think it really works but not that very. It takes a lot of time to fully help remove your spots. Some benefits of this plant is that it helps to remove also the bumps in the forehead, but I think it didn't help in my bumps.

"I think it really works but not that very" ?? This does not make any sense!
Duh? what I mean is, it needs time to fully remove your marks. Very simple words you can't understand?! Don't expect a miracle from this plant, what I want to say is you need to find also another routine to help your marks fade nor stopping any breakouts and bumps!!!!!

Best thing to use if you want to get rid of acne!

Best thing to use if you want to get rid of acne! I used benzoyl proxide on my face for 4 month and that completely ruined my skin. My skin was so so bad and I had acne all over my face, and it never disappeared. So I decided to stop using benzoyl and try aloe vera. I can say that was the best thing I have ever done. After 1 month I don't have any acne at all, just hyperpigmentation but the aloe vera helps the hyperpigmentation to disappear so that's great I really recommend this natural plant, Its's really good!

did you use an aloe gel or a soap or the plant itself?

Redness and acne

Idk about acne scars but I use aloe vera from the plant itself for acne and redness and ugh its just amazing. I tend to get a lot of redness from acne cuz I'm kind of pale and it helps reduce it in about 30 minutes like I put it on and watch a show and yaayy it reduced. It also shrinks acne in 2 days I swear. Oh and sometimes I mix it with lemon and olive oil XD I hope everyone gets whatever results they're hoping for in whatever ;)

Excellent

So I arrived in Hong Kong over a year ago and suddenly my acne just got worse and worse. Particularly during the humid summer. I tried everything, used expensive products, used BP cream and wash, steamed my face regularly, put honey on my face, even put raw fig onto my face! None of this worked effectively except maybe the BP. But I felt it was more a topical reactionary treatment than a full cure from the inside. I then tried to go natural and let my body tackle it without any products or natural remedies. This helped for a bit but some cystic acne would still appear and the resulting dark scarring would stay for months. But then one time I was at my grandmothers house and she was using a fresh aloe Vera plant to rub on a foot wound. She told me to try putting some on my face, twice a day and leave it on over night. For the past month I have been doing this and it is the best thing ever! My acne has slowed down to just small pimples now and again which disappear after a couple days and the scarring has visibly reduced. My routine is to apply aloe Vera (fresh plant) in the morning for 15 mins, wash off and moisturise using Cetaphil non codomogenic moisturiser and then at night I will apply aloe Vera, let it dry and leave it on over night. I will still occasionally use BP on some pimples when they arrive but it is less and less now. Also note that I have found physical exercise to be a great help (running and football/soccer) as the sweating helps push out the toxins. I think this has helped immensely in controlling my acne. I guess grandmothers know best, I hope it works for you guys!!

DIY mix with Aloe

I use 100% aloe gel + tea tree + neem oil. Mix together keep in a small jar or tube and apply liberally several times a day. Wash face at night with African black soap and use a good moisturizer because at least for me the aloe concoction is drying. Tested for 2 weeks now and it made a good deal of my acne dry up and made my face significantly less red. Not a miracle cure but it helped a lot for me personally. I got the idea from a YouTube video but added the neem oil on my own. (Be aware the neem oil smells foul nasty icky but darn it works the tea tree oil cover the smell)

Magical plant aloe

So amazing!Must try out it overnight for instant effect reduces acne in about 5 days

Moisturized a little

Works good as a moisturizing serum but my skin normally needs more moisture added then this offers. After I wash my face I use aloe Vera then a light moisturizer on top like derma e purifying moisturizer.

Great!

I've been using aloe vera for at least 4 weeks now. And i have a moderate acne. It does calm and soothes the inflammation , but my acne is still in my face which is kinda sad. But i'm not saying that aloe vera cannot remove pimple. This is just my experience. Maybe it works for you? Who knows.

Give it a try

Wanted to give this a good rating, ive decided to incorporate it into my skincare after noticing it manages my oily skin really well without over moisturising or undernoursihing it. I dunno if its a combination of taking zinc, vitamin a and probiotics as well birth control but rcently my skin has been pretty good, pimple here and there. most is hyperpigmentation. The aloe vera really does take the redness out and leaves the skin feeling pretty supple too. I'm going to continue using it to reverse some dehydration lines from using benzoyl and maybe ill do another review to update my progress!

Nature is best

I had on and off acne since I was thirteen & I m nineteen now. I tried various medications as well as natural things. I have oily & sensitive skin so I need to be very careful about everything I put on my face. I heard about aloevera from one of my friend and grew plants in my house. I used it on my face not only it helps with current acne but continous use also fade those nasty scars left behind no matter how much I not touch my face. But due to busy life with time I forget about it. But as I m on only water regimen & not using anything other than natural on my face it take away my major issue acne ( I still got zits sometime but not as worse) but I really want to do something for my acne scarring . So I decided to give this beautiful plant a try & it doesn't let me down . I use aloevera twice a week as I don't want to overdo anything. I take a leave from plant, cut in half & apply gelly liquid straight on my face & let it dry and wash my face . It works very well with my water only regimen. Plus it is also great for taking internally & for minor burns.

Better than most products

I had acne skin like a year ago and I (who used to have no pimples or anything ) was really sad about my face. I would cry and buy tons of products and hope it would cure my acne but a year has gone and my acne is fading,and now there are scars & hyperpigmentation left but sometimes a 1 or 2 pimples here and there I was testing a new product , Zymogen Centella ferment cream, in the hopes of getting rid of my acne redness and scars but unfortunately I broke out . My grandma suggested that I apply the aloe Vera (from the plant),she said that it would heal. I applied it for two weeks and my breakouts reduced. It definitely made a difference! And you surely would notice the difference ,it's quite noticeable (for me) Although two pimples have popped up because I slept really late yesterday hahaa Try it out ! It's really amazing p/s : it really made a difference for me so I made this post (and this account) to share my review

Does sleeping late affect acne?

good aloe vera

MUST have plant. Not only is it cute but its also healing. This medicinal plant is great and inexpensive. I have 2 small ones around the house. One in the kitchen and one on the porch. I recently accidentally burned myself while heating wax in the microwave and the plastic holding the wax just burst all over.....yikes.....I know. It was an excuriating pain but the aloe help soothed the pain. Its also great for sunburns, cuts, after facial waxing which I now heat in a wax warmer (lesson learned).

Definitely a skin saver

I only used to read reviews on this site but never ever wrote about anything.but for this review I couldn't stop myself from sharing. Anyways, from age 11 my skin started to become rough. I had more acne not so worse but bad enough to make me feel horrible and i had bad breakouts near my nose,and ofcourse all those acne spots -_- i used to feel terrible about my skin. I used all diy to chemical products for my skin but nothing ever really worked,not even medicines or homemade diy acne reducer. But 2 week ago i brought a aloe vera plant and applied the gel overnight daily for 2 week,and yes it definitely made my skin so much better. All my acne went away slowly,i only get 1 2 pimples sometime and my skin is so tighter then before and also the breakouts has reduced. But the acne spots are still there but i don't worry about that much it'll go away naturally. I don't know if aloe vera work for everyone but it is definitely a miracle for me.Thankfully i found my skin saver😌😌 i would definitely recommend it to everyone. You just have to try it for a week at least to see a difference it won't do anything in one day.

Comments

Go buy a freaking aloe plant

Okay this is the first review ever that I'm writing on this site. I've been having acne for more than 6 years and I literally tried everything. I never had super severe acne, but it was definitely moderate if not worse, which made me feel disgusting and horrible for the past years. Anyway. Few weeks ago I decided to buy an aloe vera plant just because, then I read a lot of positive reviews about its use against acne and I said to myself WHY NOT. So I cut a leaf, used a spoon to get the gelly part out, and smashed it on my face. After weeks I must say that my skin is literally glowing, the scars are visibly fading. Before you think "omg aloe vera cures acne!!!!!" no, it doesn't. It definitely not cured my acne, but it has made quite a difference. So yeah aloe vera is amazing 10/10 would recommend.

Comments

Can't decide whether aloe vera is actually the one that helped

This is my 4th day using aloe vera gel for acne. So everyday when I go to school,I pass by this organic shop and always see a medium sized aloe vera gel tub which ia overly priced. I always wanted to try commericial aloe vera gel brands. This is because I actually tried aloe vera gel from scratch and it didnt work cuz my face was itching as I have sensitive skin..So, this product by the name of P& L 100% aloe vera gel went in offer! I was so happy and quickly grabbed a tub..I have mild pimples and few acne scars. Sometimes, I get one or two major pimples.My pimples are all very small. After using aloe vera gel for 3 days, I feel my face is much more calmer and softer. And yay...No major pimples. Also, I did a few changes to my diet..Cuz research says eating healthily prevents pimples. Before, I used to eat very little carbs and stuff myself with fruits and veges. But nevertheless, My skin was breaking out still. Now, I got to know that my skin will break out if I dun have enough energy. So i started drinking horlicks and actually eating carbs. I know horlicks is full of sugar but It contains a lot of vitamins and minerals. And plus, Im trying to avoid spicy food. Whenever I eat extremely spicy food, my skin breaks out. Its very impossible to actually avoid spicy food cuz I'm from a very traditional indian family and eat indian food almost everyday.Therefore, I think my pimples got better cuz of aloe vera gel and also cuz of my changes to my diet. I can really decide which one helped more. Oh ya. I also dumped my zinc pills. I was taking zinc pills cuz I heard lots of good reviews about it. And I actually my skin got worst cuz of that. I didnt stop when it got worst cuz many people told that our skin will breakout very badly for the first month of taking zinc pills cuz our body is detoxifying all the toxins. And they told after that one month, our skin will get flawless! But didnt work at all.

Popular Nutrition/Holistic