AcneFree Terminator Reviews

Brand: AcneFree

AcneFree Terminator

Yikes

I used it for 3 days only and the first time was ok but the second day i used it i noticed it started to burn a little but i ignored it. So the 3rd day i had it on and i was about to go in the pool but i didn’t have time to take it off so i used water and a towel and when i got in the pool i noticed my skin was peeling and super dry. It’s been 2days since i’ve stopped using this product and my skin is AWFUL. where ever i applied the treatment there are dry spots that are waiting to peel off. I regret spending a penny on this product.

Worked, but be careful

This was the most effective acne spot treatment I have ever used. It reduces the size and redness of my pimples. But, reading other reviews, I see a lot of people have had some bad side effects. Make sure to be careful, test the product, and moisturize after use. Also, read the warnings and directions. Would recommend to anyone looking for an effective acne spot treatment.

horrifying results

i used this once a long time ago, and it made my skin a little irritated so i didn’t again. then, about 2 days ago, i tried it again and it was horrible. my skin broke out in hives, it started burning, it turned red and patchy, it made my acne WORSE, and it made my face swollen. i do NOT reccomend. on the product it says to not use if your skin is sensitive, but my skin has never been sensitive to any product before but this one. this pretty much ruined my skin and and made it super patchy and red. please don’t attempt to use this.

Terminator 10 For Neck Acne

I've been using Terminator 10 for about 6 years now. I started using it because of the bumps on the back of my neck. I get the bumps from cutting my hair really close once a week. I understand a lot of African American men and women have this problem. Terminator 10 works great. It's truly rare when you find a product that actually works good. I have to apply it everyday, but that's okay with me. So don't wait, the acne on your neck can quickly become out of control if you don't treat it early. Terminator 10 is the way to go! Thanks for reading, Rod

This is an AWFUL product

I am extremely upset with this product. I used it for 3 nights on my chin and t zone as well as beside my nose. Washed my face this morning. Moisturized and put on my makeup as usual....I should have known better than to use a cheap drugstore brand , but was out of proactive spot treatment and it was late Long story short, midday my chin goes numb. We're talking it's so so numb it feels odd. I even panicked momentarily that my lip injections had slipped down my face. Lol. Well now I'm twice as numb a couple hours later and my entire chin is a bizarre red /pink /orange color. The surface of my skin where applied looks as if they were painted in a layer of clear paint and I am also starting to get tiny bumps on my chin. Not sure if I'm about To peel , breakout or if they're hives ! Needless to say I'm super frustrated. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT! Use a different spot treatment.

Comments

You just have to know how to handle it

I use this not as a spot treatment but all over my entire face.. because my entire face is one spot of acne. As far as BP creams go, this one is great. It dries you out, but that's what it's supposed to do. As long as you moisturize about 10 minutes after using it with something like Cetaphil facial moisturizer, you shouldn't experience any dry spots. It's also worth mentioning that your skin has to get used to the strength of the BP, which can take several days of use. As far as whether or not it works, I'd like to think that it does. It definitely seems to help bring my pimples to a whitehead when they're deep and inflamed. For me, it doesn't really prevent acne but it at least helps shorten its lifespan.

This product sucks.

I only used this product a few times and yeah it got rid of some of my acne but it replaced it with red dry itchy patches and wrinkles under my eyes. Not worth it at all. Don't waste your money.

AWFUL!!!!

The first day I tried this product it helped clear my skin up a little bit but left me with these odd dark patches of dry skin wherever I applied the product. The dark dry patches weren't all that noticeable at first but the second time I used this product and woke up the next morning to wash my face off I noticed my cheeks were completely discolored and dry from this product! It has been several days and my skin is still peeling and looking oddly darker in some places! Please do not buy and waste your money!

It's alright

It worked good for a while, no miracle results but it did help. It worked best for my back acne but it helped my face as well. After a while though it stopped working and I haven't repurchased since. It's worth a shot though, it's one of the better drugstore acne treatments out there.

Overnight

My face has been clear as possible since I began taking the pill about 5 years ago. I switched BC a few months ago and my face broke out like wildfire. I was using a prescription antibiotic cream for acne and it just wasn't working, so I tried this. My face cleared up literally overnight. My face did get pretty dry, but I think it's worth it!

Comments

MOST DRAMATIC ACNE CHANGE EVER!!

I HAVE SEEN DERMATOLOGISTS FOR YEARS, BEEN ON ACNE ANTIBIODICS, AS WELL AS EVERYTHING ELSE YOU COULD THINK OF. THESE WERE LIFE CHANGING RESULTS. I HAVE MANY SCARS FROM MY SEVERE ACNE, AND NOTHING HAS EVER PREVENTED MORE ACNE. THIS DOES!!

9 year acne battled is now over thanks to acnefree

I find this is FANTASTIC the results are amazing! Fair enough yes it can burn slightly and sting a bit but in my experience so do the steroid medications and tablets that doctors prescribe for the condition! I used to use proactive it's works but the results are no where close to this! I was on holiday in the states from the UK and needed a fast fix I brought this out of desperation and what luck it turned out for me! I now have this shipped to the UK as nothing you can get here comes even close!

it was also out of desperation that made me use this product, it amazes me how my acne got treated in just 2 nights of application!

womp womp womp

Other people saw great results while using this but I didn't I just broke out even more. I thought if I stayed on it maybe I'll see results but nooo that didnt happen....oh welll..... off to the next product I guess!!

It works!

Effective Not too aggresive Pricey Small tube Replaced the 2.5% BP from the regimen with this and it works just as well if not better for me. The 2.5% seemed like it couldn't stop my pimples after 2 months so just to try, I picked this up at walgreens and gave it a chance. Glad I did because it kills my pimples ESPECIALLY the back acne that the 2.5% couldn't seem to clear. The only downside is that if I go overboard with it on my face, my lips start to burn and it looks like I'm wearing red lipstick lol! So watch out how much and where you're applying it. On the back though, just slather it on and you'll be clear soon enough, guaranteed! I still stick to the original acne.org Cleanser, Moisturizer & AHA because they haven't failed me yet. So give this a shot if the regimen is working but the pimples are still here and there. Maybe you just need that extra boost that this definitely gives me :)

strongly recommend

Greatly reduces break-outs Small container size I have adult acne on my front torso. Very stubborn. I tried every anti-biotic the dermatologist had and they all failed. So I have the kind of super acne that has developed a resistance to anti-biotics, both oral and topical. I did not want to try Accutane because of cost and side effects. I am left to struggle with over-the-counter products. I have tried every benzoil peroxide 10%, and salicylic acid 2% available on store shelves, also sulphur. This is the only product that gets partial success for me. I use large amounts on my chest area 3 times a day, like putting on suntan lotion. I don't spot-treat the area. I apply liberally and saturate the chest / torso area all over. Much improvement in 3 days. Acne is not eliminated, but greatly reduced. I will keep buying this.

Simply Amazing

Clears acne fast Reduces redness almost instantly Boosts confidence (I dont wear any face make up anymore!) Bleaches pillow case Tingling sensation I have been using this product since I first found it at Walgreens last year and I must say this has made me feel so much more confident about my skin and my redness has improved SO much. I had been using other 10% BP products for about 2 years before. Yes, the 10% burns, but your skin will get used to it within a month. It's not a horrible pain, it just makes your skin tingle and feel itchy for about 10 minutes after application. I apply this product 10 minutes after I shower (I make sure my face is completely dry), allow it to dry, then apply a moisturizer (Olay Complete SPF 15 Moisturizer for Sensitive Skin), then go to bed. I only use this once a day now that my acne is pretty much under control but when I break out bad I use it 2-3 times a day. If you want to zap your zits quickly use a heavier layer (wont dry clear) and don't apply moisturizer. It's also not that expensive and a little goes a long way. I just finished my first bottle. It also is nice since I work at Walgreens I get an employee discount for it.

Godsend for Bacne!

Gets rid of bacne FAST Inexpensive Doesn't irritate skin I have stubborn bacne that doesn't respond to over the counter or prescription medications. However, on a whim I decided to try Terminator for my acne, and in two days my bacne went from bumpy and red, to nearly smooth and clear. And by day three, there was one small pimple on my back, and the rest was clear. Terminator keeps me clear and for the past several months, I've kept at least two tubes on hand. Highly recommended!

Burns!

none burns redness peeling 10% benzoyl peroxide was way too strong to put on my face. it burned my skin and made it red and painful. I'll never put it on my face again, if anything get benzoyl peroxide in a lower dose like 2.5% so you don't burn your face off.

Comments

Terrible burning sensation, dry skin, worse than any other benzoyle peroxide product i've tried.

Smells nice Cheapish Burns Drys out skin Ineffective I seriously doubt this product works as I've applied it to my face many times with no results. I just applied it to my face and applied dark spot corrector lotion over it and my face started burning, it feels worse than a sunburn. When I applied it earlier last week i got some under my eye and it irritated the skin so so badly it hurt to the touch. It also dried out my skin to the point where It would be like dandruff of the face. I would avoid this product, especially if your skin is sensitive, mine is not.

Comments

*works~This is essentially what cleared my skin! *cheap *not chalky * I did have a bit of dryness for a while so definitely use a good moisturizer. *may pill up if you put your sunscreen over it too soon It sinks in well and doesn't leave a white cast. (Apply this to a damp face )This cream didn't irritate me as bad as other OTC BPs I've tried~that might be why it actually worked on me. I also never increased the dosage to more than a dime sized dollop for each problem area (for me the whole cheek area). Consistent use, a good AHA, & in 2 months my skin was clearer than it had been in 10 years. I'm using this about 2-3 times per week at the moment for maintenance.

Comments

-Works on specific areas -Dries out skin -causes redness - does not work after a few applications I used to swear by this acne treatment, but after a few times it irritated my skin. Do not use is your face is super sensitive.

Guest Tom
Guest Tom

doesn't stain clothing! did not dry skin works extremely well at 5% walgreens has it skin is soft and SMOOTH pore size smaller Happiness with skin initial redness took 2 weeks to really diminish the initial zits pimples go away, my skin looks the best it's been since before puberty. i'm 25. best benzoyl peroxide i've used, had experiences with everything from tazorac & retin A to antibiotics.

Guest ASHLIE VICTORIA
Guest ASHLIE VICTORIA

CLEARS SKIN PREVENTS BREAKOUTS GOOD PRICE OTC DRIES FACE A LOT AT FIRST THE TEXTURE OF IT IS NOT PLEASANT STOPS WORKING AFTER A WHILE THIS PRODUCT WORKED SO WELL ON ME BUT AFTER A WHILE IT JUST STOPPED WORKING I RECOMMEND IT TO ANYONE SUFFERING WITH ACNE. WHILE USING IT I WOLD ONLY GET ONE PIMPLE EVERY NOW AND THEN BUT EVENTUALLY I WOULD START BREAKING OUT AFTER A YEAR OR SO. THE PRICE IS GOOD I LIKE THAT ASPECT IN COMPARISON TO OTHER PRODUCTS

Comments

Clears up skin literally overnight Dries Clear Great Value Smells HORRIBLE! Stings slightly when first applied Overall I really liked this product. It literally cleared up my acne overnight and killed the few pimples I had while on the regime. It comes in a 1oz tube and for $5 I think that is a great value verses the Neutrogena On the Spot treatment which is $10 for .75oz. My only gripes with this product are that it smells so terrible, it's really overwhelming when first applied. Also it stings slightly when you first apply it, at least for me. I never had this issue with the Neutrogena but it was nothing to bad and it subsided within a couple of minutes. Overall I'd recommend giving it a shot if you are sick of the high price of Neutrogena's formula.

Guest Shiann
Guest Shiann

Just for the record, I'm reviewing the original formula for this - its for moderate acne, not severe. - It gets rid of those big "lumps" -it works overnight -It dries them up so quickly -The formula (the cream one) sucks, the gel one is SOSOSOSOSO much better - Its hard to find - It's ooey gooey -It doesn't prevent new pimples This stuff really deserves its name. It does terminate acne, and it works really well on clusters and large lumps. However, I'm disappointed I haven't been able to get the original formula I started using back in like February. That one worked, this cream one sucks.

Popular Over-the-counter treatments