AcneFree Sensitive Skin Formula Reviews

Brand: AcneFree

AcneFree Sensitive Skin Formula

HORRIBLE

my face BURNED and was so red, dry, and irritated after use. I thought it I continued to use the product it would eventually fade and skin would get use to it. But it didn't. My face was so itchy and it burned I tried rinsing with cool water everything and the burning never stopped it took about three days for my skin to go back to normal. It's a complete waste on your money.

DONT CRY WHEN YOU USE THIS PRODUCT

I bought this treatment for my sister and we did the treatment together even though I have no acne and I broke up with my boyfriend the night I tried the treatment and I cried. I woke up in the morning with burning redness, I'm not sure if this happened because I cried or because I used it without having any acne. Either way the product is great my sisters face is looking better already.

Comments

Holy Grail... Skin has NEVER looked so good!

Let me start by saying for the past 3 years I have had moderate/severe acne--this included at least 2-5 deep, painful cysts (that lasted weeks!) AND clusters of pustules/papules all over my cheeks, chin, and jawline on any given day. My cheeks and chin were LOADED with red post-acne marks from just healed acne and my nose was covered in blackheads. My face was so irritated and red, I hated my skin and bought/tried every product I could get my hands on. Things I've tried: Proactiv, Murad, Dermalogica, Desert Essence, Alba, Clean & Clear, Neutrogena, Repechage, Philosophy, Origins, Clinique... I also tried not washing my face, apple cider vinegar, coconut oil... The list goes on! All the products listed above I tried for up to three months before frustration set in and I switched to something new. I saw Acne Free when my skin was at it's absolute worst, and in desperation (I was having a low self esteem day) forked over the $20.00 for the kit. I had already spent thousands of dollars on products, treatments, dermatologist and esthetician visits, so the price really didn't bother me much. I just wanted relief. The first day was pretty bad. After washing my face with the cleanser (which smells so good!) my skin felt clean and not dry or overly washed. However, the toner and moisturizer BURNED. I almost washed it off because of how badly it burned, but I've used BP products before and knew my skin would need to adjust... And it did! Give your skin a chance to acclimate to the new products and try to add a little more moisturizer each day while your skin gets used to the benzoyl peroxide. My skin did get a little dry, and some peeling occurred, but stick with it because there will be clear skin underneath! Yes, my skin was red and tender for about a week but there was literally nothing you could do to make my skin worse at that point in my life! Stick with it! I woke up after my first full day of use to discover that I had absolutely NO NEW BREAKOUTS! Or even emerging breakouts. I was still pretty skeptical, though, because some products work great for the first weeks and then tend to stop working. I continued using my Acne Free day and night, and every week my skin got clearer and clearer! It's now been a full three months since I first purchased my Acne Free (that's how long all the products have lasted me!) and I am about to purchase my second round. I have absolutely zero acne on my face, even the blackheads I thought were a part of my nose are GONE! I have a lot of acne scars on my cheeks from the past years, but nothing feels as good as waking up next to my boyfriend makeup and acne free, or going out in public with my beautiful skin. Sorry for my novel, but I have cried tears of joy several times since my skin has cleared and felt the need to share my story so that hopefully someone else will find the same relief I have! Thank you Acne Free!!!

Comments

Best of the best -- even for people without sensitive skin

Usually when choosing a product for sensitive skin, you'd know it doesn't have unnecessary things like perfumes, dyes, etc. The cleanser and toner are extremely gentle and effective. The last step, surprisingly burned a bit, but does work very well. The odd thing is, I've tried all Acnefree's kits for both moderate acne, severe acne, and sensitive skin. This kit works the best of those 3, but oddly this one burned the most even at 2.5 percent benzoyl peroxide. This kit does clear acne fast, gets rid of redness and can even subside some acne scarring. Another great thing is that I also found this kit does somewhat have an oil-controlling property if you use it regularly. My skin is combination-oily, but this kit is one of the very few things that has helped me and kept working after long term use. And I have tried nearly ALL things for acne! (As I mentioned earlier, I've tried all 3 of Acnefree's kits.) The only cons I would have is that the last step does burn, and if you have sensitive skin, this is a fair warning because my skin is only slightly sensitive, but that last step really does burn! Also, over the day, if you over-applied too much of the last step, it will make your skin appear oily, and it isn't good to wash off if you want it to clear your acne. Overall, I would recommend this to anyone who want to get rid of acne, unless your skin is extremely sensitive. If so, consider using a different spot treatment instead of this kit's 3rd step. This detail I don't mind much at all, but for the cleanser, it is based on natural cleansers so it doesn't foam or anything. Just expect to use a bit more than you would with a casual cleanser.

how about no.

i tried it once, noticed that my skin was a little red, then i tried it again the next day and it looked like i had a sunburn. i stopped using it immediately after, and even now this spot by my eye is burning to the touch and on its own at times. when i first noticed it looked like i had a sunburn ( my skin was also warm to the touch ), the spot by my eye had felt as though someone had punched me -- it was extremely sore. even when i used the spot treatment it burned for an hour or more, but i thought as i used it more it would stop doing as such -- definitely not. if i could give it 0 stars, i would.

Do Not Buy!

Wash smells good. Extremely drying. Harsh. Does not do anything to help acne. I have moderate acne that gets pretty bad sometimes. I had literally tried every single brand: Clean&Clean, Proactive, BodyShop, Clearasil, Burt's Bees and Neutrogena. Now, I have combination skin sometimes, oily skin sometimes and very dry skin sometimes, it all depends on the season. No matter what the season though, I try to use a sensitive, dry skin formula because it's easier to get rid of oil than it is to moisturize, especially when I wear light makeup. I had used a spot treatment cream from AcneFree and it worked rather well for me for awhile. I thought hey, let's give their face wash formula a try! I was super excited to find out they had it for sensitive skin. I was sure it was going to clear my skin up! I did not. The first day or so, it was okay, but I noticed no changes really. By the second day, I woke up in the morning and my face was basically peeling. I thought I would still continue to use it, and that I just needed to use more of the moisturizer. By the way, their moisturizer had Benzoyl Peroxide, A DRYING INGREDIENT. How on earth would that even work! Needless to say, it did not get better. I was so embarrassed to go anywhere because my skin was bright red and I couldn't wear makeup because of the dryness. It was the worst few days of my life. It took over a week of using a less harsh face wash and my trusted moisturizer to get it back to normal. I understand that I should have maybe gradually started the treatment to get my face used to it, but it's a sensitive formula! Why should you have to do that? If you have any type of sensitive skin, do not use this!

Unexpected

Got rid of blemishes Dry skin Red skin Slight Burning/ itchiness sensation Well, first off acne cleansers are different for everyone, this product didn't help me, it's was disappointing because I've read a lot of positive reviews so I thought id try it, the first few days were okay it helped, but after the third day my skin started to dry up around my cheek and mouth, then at night after I put the third step on my face and I felt a burning sensation and it also made my skin red. I couldn't continue using it. So this may work for many people but it did not work for me, try this product if you want, It might or might not work for you.

ABSOLUTELY LOVE!

Clears skin Can be drying I'm fifteen, and I usually have pretty bad acne; it just gets worse year by year. In addition, I have very sensitive, combination skin. A couple of weeks ago, my skin had gotten to the point where it was just acne on top of acne, around my nose and chin, with a few pimples on my forehead. It was impossible to cover or clear; I thought it was hopeless. In the past I've tried Murad (did nothing), Proactiv (WAY too strong) and many other acne products. I had tried this when I was younger, and I remembered that my skin had been very clear while using it, but I became allergic to the face lotion and I stopped using it. So I went to the store with my mom and decided to try this again since the formula and product had changed. The first night I used it, I put way too much on, and I did not take the 'gradual' approach as the box recommended. That was a mistake... 2 days later my acne was significantly clearer but my skin was irritated and peeling and very rough. I used my regular oil free face lotion for about 2 days until my face went back to normal and began the AcneFree again. My skin is just getting clearer and clearer! The acne is basically gone on my chin, which is where the most was before. My nose used to be covered in blackheads, and now there are none! My skin is also super smooth; all the roughness has went away. I LOVE my skin now! I would definitely recommend this product to someone with acne-prone or combination skin and I would not use anything stronger than this. At night, I only use the Acnefree products, but in the morning I use my oil-free Murad skin perfecting lotion and my Clairsonic spin brush to exfoliate and scrub off the dead skin that acne products cause. Good luck! :) Sorry this review was so long; I'm just so happy that this works!

Comments

Helps Convincing ingredients Strong smell, gave me head aches Toner is useless Not as good as other systems I used this system for about three months, within the first month my skin was SO clear. But the drying was bad, and since it didn't come with a moisturizer I didn't think it'd be wise to use one, therefore the dryness was bad. Kind of scaly actually. The smell of the cream began to give me headaches, and i believe that toners are useless. :b So i kind of dwindled off this product, and i know that the Regimen will be more effective, so i won't miss it. But those things are personal and might be different for others.

Guest Olivia
Guest Olivia

-Fast -Effective -Did not irritate skin -Affordable -no longer needed moisturizer -easy to purchase -none I am 15 years old and I have tried everything for my acne. I have tried various over the counter things (Nuetrogena, Clean and Clear, etc) ProActive, and even various prescriptions that include epidou, acanya, and doryx pills. None of these things worked for me. When I found out about AcneFree I figured it would be the same as every other acne thing I had tried however the reviews were pretty good so I gave it a shot. I spent a few days debating whether to get sensitive or regular. I was worried that the regular would dry my skin out and that the sensitive would be to gentle to work. I eventually decided to try the sensitive and I am so glad I did! I ordered it online from CVS and it was fairly cheap (especially compared to ProActive). I used it immediately and loved it after one use. The cleanser is nice and really feels like it is cleaning out my skin. The toner is nice and gentle and leaves my skin feeling smooth. The lotion/spot treatment is also really good. I started out by using it as a spot treatment, then started using it once a day, and then worked my way up to twice a day and it does not irritate my skin at all. I use to have to cake on moisturizer in order to prevent flakiness however I no longer use any. This product cleared up my skin in about a week and has been keeping clear. So glad I decided to try it!

Guest Freya
Guest Freya

Works within one day, toner evened out my skin tone Lotion dried out face and neck, cleanser smells odd but not unbearble, stings a little but again not unbearable. My mother got this for me after I told her my regular face wash was not working for me anymore. I was excited to get started using it because I had the worst of pimples that wouldn't go away no matter what and the spot treatment significantly reduced the size on first appliance. But, as I continued using it, after a few days the lotion really dried out my skin, and it itched terribly. I piled on some other lotion I used before the AcneFree system and it helped almost immediately. My recommendation would be to only use the lotion as a spot treatment. Now, the rest of it worked great, clearing even tough blackheads on my nose! I thought those would never go away! But keep using it, it'll be worth it. Just use a different lotion and you should be fine.

Comments

- Clears skin quickly - Leaves skin feeling clean and soft - No overdrying! - Non-irritating, perfect for sensitive skin - Smells clean - No purging period - Toner doesn't seem to lighten acne scars so you may need to use a targeted cream/gel treatment for that. I can't say enough good things about this kit. I have tried everything from medications (which are short term solutions) to high end creams and cleansers, to proactive. Probably well over $1000 since in the last 10 years. I've only been using this product for a week, but WOW! Within a week, my skin is still not clear but it is 90% better. My skin began clearing after the first day and has continued since. There has been no purging period like other products, it hasn't overdried my skin. At under $20, you can't afford NOT to try it. I bought this as my last act of desperation before going back to the dermatologist (again.) If this continues, I won't even need to go back to the doctor. The cleanser leaves skin feeling clean and fresh, and smells nice. The toner doesn't really seem to work well to reduce scarring, and the salicylic acid moisturizer actually helps to clear acne all day and doesn't dry out your skin. I use additional products to lighten my acne scars, and in conjunction with this kit, my skin hasn't looked this good in literally years. I'm super happy with the fast results and hope they continue. You owe it to yourself to at least try it. GREAT product!

Guest Jamie
Guest Jamie

Acne Cleared Oil diminished Skin feels great I can only find it in the set- wish you could buy each component individually I've tried absolutely everything- over the counter and prescription. While some products work, they turn my skin dry, flaky, and red. I don't want my face to hurt, so its been difficult finding something that is effective without side effects. AnceFree Sensitive, combined with Alpha Lipoic Acid supplement, has cleared up my skin! Now, if only I could find a way to make the scarring go away from the years of struggling with products!

Guest Autumn
Guest Autumn

-gets rid of Acne in less than a week -leaves skin soft and feeling fresh -dark acne marks are still there It has cleared up about 97% of my acne, but my dark marks are super visible (the toner doesn't really work).

Comments

- Personally love the kind of herbal smell - Worked so fast - Not drying, but not oily either - Way fewer steps than proactive and some other systems - Exfoliating beads in cleanser - Don't need a lot of each product/lasts a long time - Pretty cheap - Cleanser doesn't foam or lather which makes it impossible to use with a washcloth, but it gets rid of acne so who cares? lol - Doesn't clear old scars First I think another reviewer described a different combination of products than my kit has for some reason. Mine came with a 1.5% salicylic acid cleanser, alcohol-free acne toner, and 3% benzoyl peroxide lotion that doubles as a spot treatment. I had some mild success with some of the Clean and Clear brand products and kits, but nothing to cheer about. I decided to try this when one of my cheeks was broken out for probably two months in that painful, swollen, zits on top of zits way that you just cannot hide and my Clean and Clear just wasn't cutting it. After starting this kit it was all gone in 3 days! I was practically screaming jumping up and down in my bathroom! My skin is touchable and soft now, and I'm not afraid I'll break out if I do touch it because I know this stuff has got my back. My face doesn't hurt anymore and isn't oily like it used to be. Also good to note, I switched to only using Physicians Formula makeup about the same time as I started this cleanser (because it is supposed to be good for acne prone skin). I'm honestly not sure how much that could have to do with the effectiveness this kit has had for me.

Guest julie
Guest julie

-started clearing my breakouts in the first 2 days -makes my skin feel clean -simple to use -pretty cheap -doesn't over dry my skin -if u don't use it u might start breaking out again -consistency of products can feel weird -moisturizer might not moustirize enough for dry skin I've tried a number of things(Neutrogena,Clearasil,Biore,Olay,Clean and Clear, etc) nothing seemed to work I was getting frustrated and was considering proactive. I tried this and was skeptical but in just the first two days I stopped breaking out in between my eyebrows and forehead! I've had for a week and my skin has never looked better(: I have combination skin.

Guest Jenny
Guest Jenny

None Smells awful, dry skin I will never buy again, it smelled awful, but I used it for awhile so my skin would get used to the product and hopefully work. What a waste of time that was, I feel like it's the reason my skin is so dry now, it made my acne worse, made my face look all flaky, and now I'm so nervous about trying products.

Guest Danny
Guest Danny

+ Perfect for sensitive skin + Controls acne without overdrying + Simple to use + Fragrance-free + Paraben-free + Enriched with valuable natural extracts that nourish the skin additionally - Not available in Europe, which makes it a bit expensive to order and takes a while to get. I live in Germany and have been searching for a proper acne system for many years. Last September I found AcneFree in amazon and first ordered the sensitive kit (but the old one with salicylic acid and the terminator) and did not get very good results. Then I tried the classic orange version which worked pretty well but was a bit harsh for me because my face often looked red if I used it twice a day. Last month I saw the innovated 3-step formula for sensitive skin, carefully reading what has been changed. I told myself that this new stuff must be great. I ordered it and use it for while already. It is really perfect what they have created. I am so thankful and use the system daily with delight, enjoying the results I am getting. I hope they will not decide to change it again, but this one is much better than the previous kit and much better than the regular orange 3-step. Awesome!

Guest James
Guest James

Clear skin No new pimples Reduced redness Saw fast results Effective 2 different types of cleansers??? Somewhat costly Moisturizer sometimes harsh I have been using this product since October now and my skin has not had a bad breakout since. A couple pimples but I believe it is from 2 different cleansers. One of them seemed to be like a more gel-like substance and the other a more white liquid. The gel one was very effective and was the better one I believe. The white liquid seemed to be good but after about a week I found that it the cleanser seemed to stick together and you get a bunch if little particles for some reason. I bought the same system and read all the ingredients but there was no difference. If anybody could help out with that then thank you. Bottom line I love this product and will not stop using it.

Guest Heather
Guest Heather

Acne free! Helps exfoliate dry skin Near immediate results Makes skin FEEL dry, I use ponds dry skin cream after the last Acne Free step to fix this. Skin feels a little raw but is WELL worth it I've been using this for two weeks and haven't had a new pimple since the day I started. My pimples cleared up right away but my nodules(?) are taking a while to clear but are going down faster than normal. My skin was always dry and flaky and looked dull in the winter, I would exfoliate daily and still have a flaky nose. After using this for a few days my dead skin has been removed and my skin looks fantastic!!! People have commented on how great my skin looks. A few things I do differently from the directions to get better results: 1. After using the cleanser I rub my skin with the wet towel and then rub my skin with a towel when I dry it before I put on the toner. This gets the dead skin off. 2. I let the Acne Free moisturizer soak in for a few minutes and then follow-up with Ponds Dry Skin Cream to help my skin feel moisturized all day. 3. Don't stop using it twice a day if your skin is red and flaky at first. Your skin might take a couple of days to get all the dead skin off. After a week of using this twice a day I was EXTREMELY happy with the results!!

Guest Shiann
Guest Shiann

OH MY GOODNESS, EVERYTHING. I'm so happy with my skin, I could cry. Prevents breakouts. Soothes. Not harsh. Smells okay. It not only takes care of acne but gives you soft, glowing, beautiful skin. It stains clothes. It might take a bit long to work, but it prevents any new blemishes. In 4 weeks, your skin will be amazing, or pretty close to it. BUY IT. Amazing! I've TRIED EVERYTHING!!!!!!! And this works!!!!!!!!!!! I use it 2x a day, and I use the "terminator" on the spots, and it does exactly what it claims -terminates. I started using this on December 2nd, and its January 8th, my skin is spotless. I barely use the terminator because I don't have any spots. I keep using the system because it prevents the break outs from happening, and it does its job. I'm a faithful costumer forever!

Guest Richlady
Guest Richlady

Very effective None Recommended by a friend the Acnefree system for sensitive skin has made a real difference, no more breakouts my skin is smoother. I bought the acnefree sulfur mask and it made my pores shrink immediately, I love the products and I will continue using them.

Guest Alyssa
Guest Alyssa

Prevents Breakouts, Not drying, not overly moisturizing, just the right amount! Nothing I have tried everythig for my face Proactive, Skin ID, Acne Foam, Arbonne acne, and RE9, all neutrogena, clean and clear, everything and nothing seemed to work and if it did, not for long. I am very impressed with Acne Free for Sensitive skin, it works great and very reasonably priced!

Comments

-The Corrective Cleanser is amazing. It keeps my face pimple free (for the most part). -The moisturizer was great! It kept my face from drying out, and it didn't make it oily. The spot treatment didn't work as fast as I hoped. (but still works) All 'n all; I love AcneFree. I'm 15 years old, active in sports & wear makeup. ZIT HAPPENS. I was really embarrassed about the way my forehead looked, so I thought what the hey, I'll try it! When I got home I cleaned my face, used the moisturizer, put the spot treatment on my major break outs. When I woke up in the morning- my face was noticeably clearer. I'm SO glad I bought it, and I'm very pleased with its results. I highly recommend it.

-13

clears acne leaves skin smooth after using moisturizer buy at any target or walgreens none AWESOME!!!!!! !!

Popular All-over treatments