x

Acnecide Benzoyl Peroxide (5%) Gel reviews

3.8/5 - 26 reviews

Brand: Acnecide

Benzoyl Peroxide (5%).

Docusate sodium, disodium edetate, poloxamer 182, carbomer 940, propylene glycol, acrylates copolymer, glycerol, colloidal anhydrous silica, water, sodium hydroxide.

Not great
Reviewed on January 3, 2018

I’ve been using acnecide overnight for 3 weeks today and I don’t notice much of a difference, my spots look the same in the morning as they do the night before and I’ve also been documenting daily photos of my skin and don’t see much of a difference.

I would like a treatment that works rapidly to kill my spots/acne and help me get clear skin but In the past few days I’ve seemed to get more spots on my forehead:( any suggestions? Best of luck to you all

great...for 3 months
Reviewed on November 1, 2017

this was a life saver for me in summer when in my twenties i had mild (clogged pores and redness) come back in to my life after years of being skin free. This did the job for me and i noticed changes with in about 2 weeks giving me very glowy looking skin. however i did notice that if i put it high up on my cheekbones and went to sleep i woke up with quite puffy eyes- however this didn't bother me as my skin was clear! it could be quite drying in places tho so i teamed this with a cetaphil cleanser and seemed to be on to a winner. after a few months i started to become complacent and used it once every 3 nights instead of every night. about a month later my skin was worse than ever- with tiny wee spots appearing on my forehead for the first time in my life. I've now gone back to the doctor and have been given DUAC once daily gel which i believe might do the same thing (great for a few months and then start to repel). if this doesn't work i will have to try oral antibiotics.

After trying everything, this worked for me.
Reviewed on October 7, 2017

I've been on just about every acne treatment there is, including three courses of isotretinoin (Accutane). Accutane did clear me completely but after a couple of months being off it, my acne would return, although not as bad as it had before. After my last course of accutane I was left with mild/moderate acne and I felt nothing else could work. I looked back through my treatments and realized I'd never been offered a Benzoyl Peroxide based treatment. This is the only product as far as I know that contains BP that can be bought over the counter in the UK. I tried it as a last-ditch effort and the results have been great. I use it once or twice a day with a moisturizer and for me the dryness is not even noticeable. However, if you suffer from dry or sensitive skin, it may be too harsh.

Hasn't helped a whole lot, what can i do now?
Reviewed on September 6, 2017

I have been using this product for about a month now and it hasn't really helped, it does give me dry sore skin from time to time but nothing too bad that moisturiser cant help. I have suffered with acne for about 2 and half years now (on my cheeks and around my mouth and chin) and i'm 19. I have been to the doctors more times than i am able to remember and they have tried different tablets, different creams and nothing has helped. What can i do now?

by Zxcvbnm1234 on 10/06/2017 20:24
Try aknicare from skinmed
Great stuff
Reviewed on September 4, 2017

Ive had adult acne for 22 years . And I have to say this is the best by far . Of all treatments I've tried over the counter and prescribed. I use clearsail gentle skin perfecting wash too, its not over drying and moisturise as well . I can has senitive skin. This combination of skin care has worked for me. I DO NOT get any over drying , Itching or flaking skin

Love this stuff
Reviewed on August 21, 2017

I've been using acnecide for just under 2 weeks now and I would say that this stuff is amazing. I started to see results in just 1 week, I had been looking for an acne treatment for such a long time and this stuff is a miracle. It does make your skin dry but I just use a moisturiser after using it. I use a water based moisturiser as that's what my doctor suggested to me because an oily one would not work for my skin type.

Itchy but works sometimes
Reviewed on June 20, 2017

I used to use this in the past when I had a few spots and it really made my skin dry out but it worked but I stoped using it because I only had a few spot. But now I have been diagnosed with mild acne and dermatitis so I thought I'd try this again, it doesn't give me any dryness but it's just really itchy I use a dermatologist moisturiser as well

Anyone know why this is happening ???

by Sb1987 on 06/26/2017 21:46
Lower concentrations of benzoyl peroxide are recommended. 2.5% is effective but without the dryness/irritation commonly found in 5% or even 10% concentrations. Look for a 2.5% benzoyl peroxide gel. I think acne.org still sells its own brand. Alternatively continue to use 5% in small amounts. Also, the regimen on acne.org recommends also using an oil free cleanser. This is very good advice.
First 2 uses
Reviewed on June 14, 2017

I have been using this for the past 2 nights before I go to bed on areas of my skin where my acne is prevalent. I have noticed my acne is less aggressive and hopefully stopping more acne appearing. I am slightly worried that this is a product that will work for the first week but will become less effective as my skin gets use to it. So far no ichyness or dryness/red patches.

Life changer
Reviewed on May 30, 2017

I went to the doctor about my depression and acne and she recommended acnecide. This gel is amazing! I have tried everything to remove spot scars and blemishes including baking soda and face washes but nothing worked and I felt terrible. This 5% benzoyl peroxide is LIFE CHANGING and made me have much more confidence in the way I look. I can go out now makeup free finally and don't have to cake my face in tonnes of foundation. It gives my skin a healthy glow. For me it doesn't dry my skin that much it actually feels moisturising after washing it off with just water. At first it feels dry but your skin will get used to it within a week! This cream worked in less than two days it's a miracle. I use quite a lot as it sinks in your skin fast but that's good. Just need a bigger tube! I get the odd spot but nothing like what it used to be I feel like a totally different person thanks Acnecide!

Would not recommend
Reviewed on May 28, 2017

This gel gets a big no from me. I've been using it sparingly every now and then during a big breakout. It did definitely work for the breakouts even ones that were on my face fit weeks with no sign of going away.

HOWEVER: I could only use this product once over night (I never used it during the day) on top of moisturiser and Only a minimal amount. If that was done one night and never again, the redness it created would go away fairly quickly. 1-2 days and my skin was fine.

The moment I applied it the next night, the next morning I the area was extremely red, EXTREMELY dry which felt like a dry shell created over the area, the area swelled up a little + my skin burnt a bit. Saying that, my skin at the moment is still red to this day (been like this for roughly 4 days now) but it is slowly going away. The area is still raised due to swelling. The dryness is horrid and nothing seems to help. I still get some burning sensation on one area I applied this on my cheek despite not using this for 4 days and having washed my face every evening and morning since.

I would only recommend this if your skin is tough and can take the usage of this more than one time in a row.

by Sarah20000 on 07/31/2017 15:00
This happened me to. My face was very badly burnt from this product. Hydrocortisone acetate cream (hc45) prescribed off my doctor got rid of my swelling and the redness/burn this product caused.
by Joker15846 on 08/25/2017 15:28
I got the same reaction and got prescribed the same from my doctor. How long did it take for your redness and swelling to go down
by meina8 on 09/06/2017 21:46
Same! My who skin got red, itchy and pealed. The product definitely works as my sports diminished and transformed into marks just for 2 days. However next time when i use acnecide I will be careful and put only on the sports

Powerful. Proprietary. Proven.
  • Powerfully effective
  • Pharmaceutical grade
  • Guaranteed effective
  • Doctor/Dermatologist recommended
  • Used in acne clinics worldwide
  • 100% non-comedogenic
  • Fragrance-free & dye-free
  • pH balanced
  • Scientifically formulated for acne-prone skin
  • Developed by the experts at Acne.org