Acne.org Treatment (Benzoyl Peroxide - 2.5%) Reviews

Brand: Acne.org

Acne.org Treatment (Benzoyl Peroxide - 2.5%)
4.31,513 reviews

Buy now

If you have tried everything out there, please give this a try!!

I can't believe I have finally found something that works for me. Its been 10+ years of struggling with acne and trying everything, I just about gave up when I went to the dermatologist and the prescriptions didn't work and I was 25. This regimen is definitely a commitment and you need to stick with doing it 2x a day. Your face will hurt, burn, flake, peel at the first few days/maybe weeks BUT keep going it will absolutely get better!! I did start out with gray bed sheets and they all got bleached so make sure to have white towels and sheets when starting. In the winter time I get very dry and adding a few drops of Jojoba oil to the moisturizer made my skin glow even after putting make up on... for the first time I would get compliments on my skin at work! I am just so excited I can finally enjoy going out without make up on. Its been almost a year since ive started and just about all of my scars have gone away as well. I do have to say I did break out once I finished the product and was considering not continuing (thinking I was cured). Now I just do it once a day and it works wonders. After about 7 months I switched to using Cerave face wash, cerave moisturizer, acne.org BP and acne.org AHA. Its the perfect combination for me and I save a little money. I could cry from the help I got with acne.org it was really a turning point for me. . Thank you thank you ACNE.ORG!!!!!

Do you still keep going with the treatment?

Best Acne maintenance product I've used

I'm 40 and I have suffered acne since a teenager. Not much used to touch it including Retin A, Zineryt and Roaccutane. Had given up hope and was just waiting to grow out of it. Then I stumbled across acne.org about 8 years ago. Lots of drying skin for the first month but my acne reduced almost immediately. If I stuck to the regimen religiously then my skin remained remarkably clear. Still got spots when I was lazy but I felt a lot more confident and rarely worried about how my skin looked while using it. NOTE - this is not a cure it just keeps the acne at bay. Having used this product through my 30's I stopped for a couple of months as where I live won't allow it to be imported anymore. A huge cystic breakout followed. I'm now struggling to get my skin back under control. The derm's advice - "keep using the BP if it works".

LOVE THIS PRODUCTTTT

This product has been a complete life saver. I had terrible cystic acne and disgusting scars. I thought i had tried everything i could before seeing a dermatologist, but i decided to give this product a try. I'm not normally one to give reviews on anything unless it's terrible, but this product is AMAZING!! It takes some time to start working and to begin getting used to it. It has given me great results and it has now been a good 5 months since my last pimple!!!

Holy Grail Product

I've only been using this for 4 days and my skin surface texture feels baby soft smooth. I have moderate acne and stubborn closed comedones on my forehead and cheeks. I've been on expensive prescription medications and topicals, tried various skincare lines & products, bought a ton of korean skincare products/acids that people claimed worked for them. Absolutely nothing worked like this product did and there was already a noticeable difference on the second day. Skin is still clearing up beneath the surface, my bumps are still there. I do have some redness and peeling currently but for me it's worth it because it's becoming so smooth. I'm very happy with this product so far. Also my skin is tolerating it well probably because I've exposed my skin to so many strong acids and products it's taking the BP like a champ and not drying me out at all so I can slather it on pretty good. I cannot wait to see what it looks like in a month or so, I'll come back for an update.

Best product ever

It cured my acne and hyperpigmentation. I am a Indian male was suffered from acne and hyperpigmentation for the last 7 years, i have tried out soo many products in my life, this is the only one which worked for me. It takes at least 3 months to see results so please be patient. Love acne.org best company ever.

Comments

Dried my skin out but works well

Yes, this is extremely drying. I have combination to oily skin and this gave me dry patches around my mouth and nose. I started using this along with the AHA and my skin has improved greatly. I now use this as more of a spot treatment. I can go without using this for a month and the minute it touches the skin around my mouth it is super dry there the very next day. That's why its more of a spot treatment now

Hi. Have you started this with the AHA at the same time? Or firstly BP and then AHA? Regards.

Extremely drying at first but amazing in the long run

I have been using this as part of the regimen for almost 2 years and it has cleared my skin very well. At the beginning my skin became very dry and flaky and it was painful considering i have very oily skin. After around a month and a half, my skin became very hyper-pigmented and extremely dry. 2 months later with the help of jojoba oil, the hyper-pigmented skin literally began falling off! it revealed amazing skin underneath which is very clear until now. i do not use it as frequently now. I try to use it every night but usually use it maybe 4 to 5 times a night in a week. I live in the UK and ship this using a freight forwarding company or when a relative goes to the states, I ship it to where they are staying and they bring it back to me.

Lifesaver!

I absolutely love this product. I started having terrible acne a few years ago. My forehead was filled with tiny bumps. My cheeks and chin would break out with cystic acne. And when the pimple was gone, it would leave an ugly scar. The scars made it worse, because they would linger for months and it made my acne look even worse. It wasn't clear to me what suddenly caused my acne. I tried so many things to cure it. Hormonal medication, OTC treatments, herbal treatments, antibiotics, home remedies...basically everything short of Accutane. The acne was so bad that I could not step out without make-up. My confidence took a big hit. I was so self-conscious of how I looked. In hindsight, I might have been close to getting into depression because of it. I am not sure how I found out about Acne.org..might have been videos on Youtube by users of the product who swore by it. I figured it might be worth a shot...and thank god I thought to try it. The first month was rough like expected. The peeling and dryness and stinging of the eye was not fun. And the acne was still there too. But by the second month things started looking upwards. The peeling reduced and so did the acne. By the third month, my acne had considerably reduced and I didn't have any peeling. By the fourth or fifth month, my family members could not believe how much change had happened. I was like a new person. I would get so many compliments on my skin. I continue to use the BP treatment 3 years later. I don't have to use it as much now. It keeps my acne away and I am a much happier person. :)

Changed my skin

I started getting acne on my cheeks, chin, and forehead really bad for the first time in my life and honestly was so self conscious I wouldn't leave the house without makeup. I first used a stronger BP from another company and it was really harsh and would burn and sting my skin, I would look like I woke up with a sun burn. Plus it was so drying, my skin would peel and flake so I had to pile on moisturizer. So I'm so glad I found this BP, since it's a smaller percentage, It's still drying but not as harsh and theres no stinging . I've been using the BP at night with my own moisturizer and cleanser for over 6 months and the texture has really changed. I only have a tiny bit of scaring left and maybe get one or two spots around my period each month, which i just spot treat with this and are gone in a couple of days anyway. As long as you just keep using more and more as your skin gets used to it you'll start to see results, Its taken a long time but its been worth it! Using other products like a clay mask, glycolic acid cleanser or salicylic acid cleanser really help too.

Maintains, BUT...

Skin type: Sensitive and Oily. Disclaimer: I only used the acne.org BP. I used the normal to dry skin Cetaphil cleanser, and kept trying different moisturizer to combat the dryness the BP left me with afterwards. Let's get straight to the point: It maintained my skin's clarity, hence the 3 stars. I still had the occasional chin pimple around my period, but other than that; clear. This all came at a price. I followed the acne.org regimen of gently applying a thick layer of the BP on the skin and letting it dry for about 20-30 minutes. While I waited for it to dry, my eyes would burn and water, my skin was extremely irritated, itchy, and it stung. After it dried, I found that a normal moisturizer would not do. It would be hard to spread around my face, it seemed like it would skip over my skin and I would have to use more force in applying the moisturizer (which i really didn't want to do). I never found the perfect moisturizer to use after the BP. I found that I wasn't producing any oil during the day, which was very different for me, and it was nice not having to worry about how shiny I was all the time, but then I found that I also looked like a lackluster zombie. Also, my neck started becoming extremely dry, itchy, irritated, and flaky. I later found this was because when I would apply my moisturizer to my face, I would drag the remaining product to my neck and I'm guessing the BP would also get transferred, irritating the delicate neck skin. User error I suppose. But for me, having to literally sit still for 30 minutes in pain, with my eyes closed to avoid the burning and stinging, and not being able to use a regular moisturizer afterwards to combat the dryness was not worth it. With my skin if something doesn't feel right, it probably isn't. I stopped using it and my acne and oil have returned. I use it as a spot treatment for active pimples in combination with Clindamyacin lotion now, and I know if i'm in a pinch it can be relied on. I know that some people will do anything to improve their acne condition, and have different skin situations, and that's why I still wanted to give it 3 stars. I say give it a shot.

I can’t wait

I suffered from acne since I was 14 years old Nothing bad, but I thought it was bad I used the things dermotologist prescribed, antibiotics (doxycline) , spiroctone however you spell it lol accutane, birthcontrol pills and bezoyl peroxide gel from dermotologist. The pills would work while I was on it, but onces I stopped acne came back. Now I have almost 2 years suffering from hormonal acne and it has messed me up so bad my confidence went from 100 to zero. At times I feel like crying I have tried everything aloe vera, face mask, I drink alot of water I tried 3 weeks of cutting out dairy and I didn’t see no difference. I recently promised myself to get this BP try it for about 3-4 months with my cerave face wash. I have super sensitive skin, who has seen results with this product that had severe acne? And how long did it take you to see results?

I once had a severe acne when I was 16. I tried literally everything and nothing happened. Before, I was using clindamycin and after a year my skin got immuned to it and made my acne worse. I thought nothing’s gonna help my skin and I was about to give up but then I saw the acne.org regimen kit and I gave it a try. After a month, it made my face really dry and flaky but I noticed that there were no new pimples forming. My pimples are also drying out which is a good thing but even a lot of moisturizer won’t help and I was freakinggg out. But after two months my acne is gone, only pimple marks and dry skin. I bought the AHA and it made my skin smooth and moisturized. After that, I only put BP every night and it’s still working out the same way. March 23, 2017 was the day I tried it out and now it’s been a year already and my face is all cleared up but there are still some pimples whenever I’m about to have a period but atleast it made my skin pretty good. 3-4 months is the month that everything would turn out fine. Don’t freak out at first and don’t stop using it you just need to be patient. :) that’s it. Good luck!

Best Treatment EVER!

I never write reviews for products but this treatment has changed my life!I have officially been using the acne.org regimen on my face for a year and my skin looks AMAZING!! It has been a bumpy road with dry skin and horrible breakouts but if you stick through it and don't give up on this regimen i promise you the results are worth the trouble! I finally feel comfortable enough to go out in public without any makeup on and i haven't had any new acne in a few months now. LOVE LOVE LOVE these products!

Liquid GOLD for ACNE !

This is the only acne treatment that acts as the best spot treatment that I have ever used. Whenever I get a breakout and that is, rarely ever since I started using their regimen.... I will dab a dot of this product on the pimple and boom....the next morning it will no longer be throbbing or red. I like to be extra so I try to pop it first before applying the product just to make absolute sure that the product gets into the cyst to do its magic. I have tried both ways (unpopping/popping) and it will still work but sometimes Ill get a stubborn one therefore the need for popping it first. VOILA !! The zit will literally die the next morning.

Comments

Clears skin but makes skin red

Been on the regimen for 5 months ish. Using own moisturizer and cleanser. This regimen DOES clear your skin especially if you do it twice a day. However, your skin will get red and dry, which is a big negative side effect in my opinion. So I guess there is a tradeoff between clear skin and reddish skin. 4/5

Comments

Effective for breakouts not blackheads

I used to have major breakouts in my T-Zone, but with continuous use of this product and following the acne.org regimen I got rid of my acne. Now I rarely get breakouts, and even when I do get a pimple it will go away within a week or two. I really do love this product, and there is no better deal out there on the internet for benzoyl peroxide. One note: This product did not help with my blackheads, but overall my skin appearance is much better.

Comments

Very effective and helped clear up a severe breakout.

If you have gone from having light to moderate acne onto hormone induced mega breakouts that just wont go away, I definitely recommend 2.5% Benyzoyl Peroxide. I had weeks of inflamed spots that just seemed to trigger new blemishes. Being anti-bacterial it of course is great for preventing the new spots from happening. It is very drying but that does get better overtime. I've been using this stuff since around October through the winter months, so haven't had to worry too much about the sun (very grey and cloudy here in the UK) but on sunny days do remember to wear sunscreen. Also it does bleach your sheets, which is a bit of a pain. I did use old cases but got a bit sick of having sheets that looked a bit sad. Some people on here use disposable cases for hospitals but I found these scratchy. There is a UK company that sells disposable pillowcases for people with acne and those ones are much softer, so for now that's how I keep my bed looking nicer,

Popular All-over treatments