Acne.org Treatment (Benzoyl Peroxide - 2.5%) reviews

4.3/5 - 1451 reviews

Brand: Acne.org

Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%).

Inactive ingredients:
Water, Butylene Glycol, Carbomer, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Hydroxide.

Acne.org Treatment (Benzoyl Peroxide - 2.5%)

8 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
16 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
3.4 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)

FAILED REGIMEN!!!!! DOING MORE HARM THAN GOOD
Reviewed on August 13, 2017

Hello!

*UPDATE*

Unfortunately I have to stop the treatment cause I'm definitely reacting to the benzoyl peroxide. The whole right side of my face is swollen and the acne on my forehead and cheeks get worse every single day!!! This is the 4th week and this is extremely disappointing, as I was looking forward to this regimen being my last resort. Also, I don't believe the cleanser does anything. When I wash my face morning and night, I use my finger just to scratch the side of my nose and the amount of dirt that comes out is horrible. I'm not allowed to wash my face hard just so I don't irritate it more, but gosh!! The dirt is annoying. I can actually see the dirt still sitting on my face when I'm done washing it. The cleanser doesn't do anything at all. Before I got on the regimen, my face was presentable. I could still manage to go out, but now this has only made me feel/look worse than I have been. Sometimes it's supposed to get worse before it gets better but damn!! I don't think the right side of my face should be swollen for days. Looks like I've been in a fight or have a whole bunch of candy in my mouth. I'll show pictures but I'm too embarrassed and Insecure to. Just to make things clear, I followed the instructions as stated. I watched what I ate, washed my hands constantly, changed pillows cases, covered my hair to sleep. Basically changed my lifestyle routine just so I see wonderful results and write success story but I look like a creature right now. I'm extremely sad and disappointed. I'm not trying to risk staying on this regimen before I end up in an emergency room.

*FIRST REVIEW*

I started on this regimen and I'm 2 weeks in. Ive followed the instructions to the T but sadly, I've been breaking out extremely bad. Consistent Pus filled pimples on my forehead and checks. My face is actually worse than it was before I started on this regimen. It hurts/itches really bad and I get depressed when I look at my face. I stay away from junk/oily food, I exercise, wash my hands every seconds, keep hands away from face, change pillow case and beddings every week and also use a different towel on my face. Is this my body just purging or am I reacting to this regimen. I honestly don't want to believe it's a reaction cause it has worked well for a lot of people and I'm hoping it would work for me too. Can someone/Dan please advice? I really don't want to give up

by Tchristina on 08/17/2017 16:35
There is some itching associated with initial benzoyl peroxide use. If it's really bad like you said, you may have an allergy to benzoyl peroxide especially if it hurts.
by SaraWold on 08/18/2017 01:42
Just keep following the regimen. It will get better in a month or two in. Im glad I did not give up, I am a year in and my face is completley clear.
by Lulu01 on 08/20/2017 07:40
thanks @Tchristina @sarawold. But I'm going to stop this regimen for my own health and sanity
The acne.org regimen ruined my skin
Reviewed on August 17, 2017

I thought I was treating my acne, but my dehydrated, flaky skin (considered normal by The Regimen, especially in the early stages) couldn't heal or protect itself properly. I went through a cycle of inflamed, irritated pimples made worse by overdosing on benzoyl peroxide and skin that formed pitted scars more easily. I think it's really irresponsible of Dan and acne.org to support basically overdosing this medication and ignoring side effects like flaky, red, damaged skin that can quite frankly, end up making many people's acne worse and skin scarred. When I switched to a regimen of gently washing my skin, using a mild AHA exfoliant and moisturizing well so that my skin felt comfortable, rather than tight, dry or red, my acne healed. What dan proposes - the large amount of bp - is essentially an overdose of a substance that really should be used in a thin layer on top of skin and with copious amounts of moisturizer. I use it over vaseline sometimes. Do yourself a favor and use benzoyl peroxide as dermatologists direct it to be used - in small quantities, applied in a thin layer and be conscientious of your skin care by using a mild cleanser, exfoliating, and moisturizing as your base steps. Then add in bp on top of a moisturizer and decrease the amount you use once you stop breaking out.

by Lulu01 on 08/22/2017 16:21
You're very right. More is not always good. And Dan recommends that. Using a thick layer of benzoyl peroxide really made my face worse to the point where the right side of my face got swollen due to the amount of acne that formed. I'm off the regimen and decided to go herbal. Getting my complexion back, swelling has gone down and acne is minimal
very happy
Reviewed on August 3, 2017

i love this stuff! it always clears up my skin :)) couldn't be happier, nothing else has made my skin this clear

Amazing!
Reviewed on July 28, 2017

I've been using this product since July 2013. It really works! My skin looks great. I'm so happy with this product.

Not sure if it's 8oz
Reviewed on July 26, 2017

When I took my bp bottle in the light, I could see it wasn't filled up all the way! A bit disappointed:(

The only thing to get rid of my acne permanently.
Reviewed on July 25, 2017

This review is somewhat strange, as I’ve used this regimen before, but it may help those of you who are on the regimen or are about to start the regimen. This is an ‘update of an update’ if you will.

Backstory: All through high school, I had cystic acne. It was mostly hormonal but I would still get breakouts throughout the month as well as clogged pores. My acne made me feel completely insecure because it would form under the skin and would take 2-3 weeks to go down - and then a scar would follow which would last for what seemed like forever. After using just about every topical treatment (never tried internal treatments), I started using the acne.org regimen. The regimen COMPLETELY cleared up my acne for about a year and a half. I didn’t get one breakout during this time. I had a rough couple first months with dry skin, flakiness, and redness, but after about the 4 month mark, I had clear skin. Keep in mind that I only used the acne.org cleanser and the benzoyl peroxide. I trashed the jojoba oil and moisturizer and opted for Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream instead since it was more hydrating (I mixed this 50/50 with acne.org AHA at night). About a year and a half ago, I started esthetician school and would only use the regimen on and off since I was receiving so many facials/peels. I slowly started breaking out again, and about a year ago, my cystic acne came back.

I was still using the regimen during this time. BUT I had incorporated a lot of different products: cleansing oils, toners, etc. I kicked them all out of my routine and started using just the cleanser, BP, AHA, and moisturizer again, but was still breaking out. After a YEAR AND A HALF OF BREAKING OUT, I realized that I was only using a pea sized amount of BP for my entire face when Dan Kern (acne.org owner) recommends TWO FULL PUMPS. I was NOT listening to directions like I had when I first started, and was using too little BP. Keep in mind, I had never used two full pumps of BP, even when I had originally used it. I had used a thick fingertips amount of BP and it had kept me clear.

About a four months ago, I started using the thick fingertip’s amount again. 5 days in, my skin was peeling, red, and dry; just like I had started the regimen all over again. On the acne.org website, Dan says the more BP the better - which I completely agree with. Do I think you need two FULL pumps? No. But find the medium that makes you & and your skin happy and build it up. I, again, see the complete reduction of acne on my skin. Although it's still a bit dry, I can tolerate it for clear skin. My skin is going through the exact same phases that it did when I was in high school and the active breakouts I had on my face have significantly decreased. I’m going to try to keep using the full fingertip’s amount until my skin adjusts to it - then, I will continually build up my skin’s sensitivity to BP. Note that I'm also using the same routine: Morning, I cleanse, use a generous amount of BP, and moisturize with Cetaphil. Night, I cleanse, use a generous amount of BP, and moisturize with 50/50 Cetaphil and AHA.

If you are starting the regimen, this may help you determine why you’re still breaking out or why BP stopped working for you. Dan says that after your skin is acne-free, taper down to however much works for you. HOWEVER, he also says that MOST people require a generous amount of BP to stay clear, so if you are truly acne-prone, keep using as much as you regularly use to keep you clear.

HELP WITH FLAKY SKIN
Reviewed on July 16, 2017

I've been using acne.org for almost 2 months now and is really helping my acne. but my skin is crazy flaky, when i go out it looks like snow of my face, but their is a layer of dead scaly skin on my face. I started using aha and it didn't do much, then i started to get a few painful deep pimples unlike i have ever had before. i said enough is enough so i exfoliated. Should i keep exfoliating or should i just continue with aha because my skin is getting clogged under the dead layer lol thanks.

by ConsciousPier on 07/27/2017 12:45
If your skin is getting dry/ flaky from the regimen you should definitely purchase the jojoba oil and mix it in with the moisturizer. I have dry skin and this has helped me 100%! My skin has improved way above expectation with the acne.org regimen and has become smooth & soft especially when using the jojoba oil
Not for me - Moderate, hormonal, adult acne.
Reviewed on July 5, 2017

I have moderate, adult, hormonal acne. Unfortunately, the Acne.Org Regimen did not work for me. I used it for 6 weeks and noticed no improvement in my skin. I was very excited to try to this treatment after reading/seeing so many positive reviews and am very disappointed to conclude it isn't for me.

I used it as directed, except with less moisturizer than advised because my skin was not drying like most people who use it. My skin was still oily and if I used as much moisturizer as directed, my face was shiny after a couple hours and I was dabbing with paper towels. I did experience the unpleasant burning and itching in the first 3 weeks but it eventually went away. I did not feel like the cleanser did much. After washing with the cleanser, my face felt no different, I didn't feel like it was removing oils, etc. The BP wasn't that bad because my face was used to 10% BP, except I only used 10% BP once a week before I started Acne.org. I also feel that for having no improvements in my skin, it's 100% NOT worth using BP so damaging to my already damaged skin. I did not like the moisturizer, I felt it was too oily for my skin. I will not be purchasing this treatment again or recommending it to anyone.

by SaltyBiscuit on 08/03/2017 03:54
You said using it as directed, means starts only small amount and adding more until 2 full pumps gradually? Maybe for some people, determination required to make the skin clearing up completely. I hated the waiting moment from BP to moisturizer that took me 15 mins each time, twice a day. But yes, we have to do it religiously. Some people clearing up fast, some dont. Hope you dont give up with the situation :) Good luck!
Pretty Redundant
Reviewed on July 5, 2017

Worked first week, then caused breakouts which I thought was purging. But then onto month 2 and I woke up every morning with a new pimple somewhere. Scars and PIE got darker. skin wasn't red at all for me but got flaky with none of the benefits. Maybe just not for me :/

by SaltyBiscuit on 08/03/2017 03:55
Please don't give up! If you use it constantly and as directed, hopefully it might lead to better result any time soon :)
A product that actually works
Reviewed on June 26, 2017

I've been using the benzoyl peroxide for about 2 months now, and I'm as good as clear except from a few zits that occurs here and there. It's truly a miracle worker, and I've become so much more confident now that my skin is clearer. Allready the first week I saw significant improvement! I used the benzoyl peroxide together with a moistirizer and cleanser that was not in the regimen, but it still worked great for me. I really recommend this product!

by MindfulTiler on 07/17/2017 17:44
does it matter what kind of moistirizer it it? I wasnt planning on using acne.org moistirizer.