Acne.org Treatment (Benzoyl Peroxide - 2.5%) Reviews

Brand: Acne.org

Acne.org Treatment (Benzoyl Peroxide - 2.5%)
4.3 1,525 reviews

Buy now

Absolutely love

I’ve been using this product for about 3 years and this has been the best decision I have ever made. My face was so broke out and I tried absolutely everything to get it to clear up and it did not happen until I use the 3 core products in the regimen. Will forever be a customer, I tell everyone about these products and how they seriously saved my skin.

Need patience

Great product, but definitely need to be patient to see the result. I've used the entire regiment 2 years ago when I first started breaking out, it worked like a miracle, my skin didn't react badly to it at all, this was exactly what my skin needed. I got off the regimen after nearly a year bc my skin was cleared and I was trying to find other alternatives since this product is only sold in US and shipping was too expensive. But I started having little breakouts again but nowhere near what it was before. Until recently, my skin started breaking out again. WORST THAN EVER!! I went on the pill but it wasn't helping, so I decided to go back to what saved my face 2 years ago, the acne.org regimen. But unlike last time, I had a really rough start this time. My skin was reacting badly to the benzoyl peroxide. My left cheek area which is right under my eye started getting red, irritated and incredibly itchy. It started to have a texture, felt like all my cells were dried up. Even though I was draining my face in moisturizer and serums nothing seemed to be helping the dry rash looking patches I had on my face. It was painful and ugly. But I decided to push through. Now I'm on my 4th week of the regimen. My skin is clearing up and the dry patches I had are slowing disappearing. If you are going through the same problem. Here are some tips. 1. Avoid putting too much benzoyl peroxide on irritated areas because that area probably needs longer time and slower rate to adjust to the benzoyl peroxide. 2. DO NOT SCRATCH, I know it can be really itchy and irritable but trust me, scratching is only going to make it more irritated and might leave you with scars. 3. I used Bio-Oil to help my skin to get back that even texture and it also helps a lot with red acne marks, it was too oily for me before I went on the regimen and it would break me out, but now it works amazing on my skin. 4. I never really liked the acne.org moisturizer, it wasn't moisturizing enough and it was too harsh for my skin, I would get burning sensation when I use this after applying benzoyl peroxide, I found the best moisturizer while on Benzoyl Peroxide and that is Full Of Grace Serum Bar from Lush. It is the best thing!! It is so moisturizing without irritating your skin and leaving your skin glowing and hydrated. Good Luck on your acne journey, you are NOT alone.

Addresses Symptom Not Cause

This product treats the symptom externally, but not internally. The reason for acne is most often due to unbalanced hormones, poor nutrition, stress, and lack of exercise. Yes, bad hygiene or the use of some cosmetics can make it worse, but it's what's going on inside that's more important. That's what I've discovered for myself after decades of fighting this skin ailment. I haven't started to see real results until I did an overhaul on my diet and reduced my stress. I now exercise daily, drink green tea, have eliminated dairy, reduced my consumption of processed carbs and sugar, consume lots of lean protein, healthy fats, veggies, and fruit. This product will harshly kill the bacteria and reduce inflammation, but it won't get to the root issue. I suggest using it in combination with lifestyle changes to get the best results.

Comments

Had this forever. I always seem to come back to it.

I've had this product for a very long time, the bottle is huge. And I'm almost positive its expired and I should not be putting it on my skin anymore, but long story short. It still works. It's the only thing that still just... works. I have spent thousands of dollars on mediocre skin, trying to kill my acne and yet I always end up coming back to this product after a breakdown about my skin and I wake up and my inflamed acne has calmed down. I always use this product AFTER moisturizing, and please use it sparingly and put it nowhere near sensitive areas of the skin because it will burn. But trust me it does its job. And I'm about to order another bottle.

HELP me please

It’s my 4th week and my acne get 100 times worse, what should I do?

Keep going! It took me two months to see results, and maybe three to stop flaking. Don’t forget to moisturize!

Really works!

Cant live without it! Been using it for years

Really works!

Cant live without it! Been using it for years

SAVED MY SKIN

I found out about acne.org years ago, but I was a bit skeptical to try it. So I didn't try it until now. I regret not buying this a long time ago. I've only used this three times and my acne has significantly reduced in size. My skin care routine: Cerave Hydrating Cleanser. This cleanser does not foam. If you don't like that, you can use the Cerave foaming cleanser Acne.org Benzoyl Peroxide Cerave moisturizing cream. This is a very thick cream. If you don't like this, you can use the Cerave Daily Moisturizing Lotion Kate Blanc Rosehip Seed Oil I hope this helps anyone out there. Please remember that you are beautiful. DON'T let acne define you as a person.

Comments

BP that beats acne caused by stress, sleep deprivation and hormonal acne

I am a late bloomer in everything including acne. I only had it when I was 21 years old. The massive breakout was caused by stress and lack of sleep. As a law student, it is difficult for me to get long hours of sleep and to be stressed-free. I have been using this for a year now and all the pimples and acne that I have dealt with for 2 years were all gone. I also noticed that the BP alone makes my face smooth and shiny like I have just exfoliated my skin. Use a decent moisturizer because it's too drying for first time users.

Holy Grail Product

Holy Grail Product!!! MUST READ REGIMEN AND FOLLOW VERY STRICTLY. you dont have to use acne.org products but highly recommend the Benzoyl Peroxide and AHA. Make sure to find yourself a good moisturizer that works well with your skin and wont clog your pores.

Comments

If you have tried everything out there, please give this a try!!

I can't believe I have finally found something that works for me. Its been 10+ years of struggling with acne and trying everything, I just about gave up when I went to the dermatologist and the prescriptions didn't work and I was 25. This regimen is definitely a commitment and you need to stick with doing it 2x a day. Your face will hurt, burn, flake, peel at the first few days/maybe weeks BUT keep going it will absolutely get better!! I did start out with gray bed sheets and they all got bleached so make sure to have white towels and sheets when starting. In the winter time I get very dry and adding a few drops of Jojoba oil to the moisturizer made my skin glow even after putting make up on... for the first time I would get compliments on my skin at work! I am just so excited I can finally enjoy going out without make up on. Its been almost a year since ive started and just about all of my scars have gone away as well. I do have to say I did break out once I finished the product and was considering not continuing (thinking I was cured). Now I just do it once a day and it works wonders. After about 7 months I switched to using Cerave face wash, cerave moisturizer, acne.org BP and acne.org AHA. Its the perfect combination for me and I save a little money. I could cry from the help I got with acne.org it was really a turning point for me. . Thank you thank you ACNE.ORG!!!!!

Do you still keep going with the treatment?
Test comment pleaseignore

good

its good but it made my face orange and the rest of my body is really pale, but it cleared up my acne.

Comments

Made my acne waaay worse.

Made my acne many times worse. Honestly destroyed my confidence. I think about it everyday. Using the product was the worst decision I’ve ever made

You probably used it very wrong, you need to follow the instructions (remedy) or you are probably allergic

Made my acne waaay worse.

So grateful for this treatment!!

I have endlessly praised this treatment to everyone I know. I figured it was time to tell wondering, doubting others about the wonders of this product. In January of this year, I stopped taking birth control (which I had been on for four years, since I was 16). My body's response to this was catastrophic; my skin broke out in ways it never had before. I've had luck with a nice complexion, so this breakout shattered, smashed, and destroyed my confidence in every way. I was embarrassed to be in pictures or go to work. I am not exaggerating when I say I cried at least 3-4 times a week from looking at my skin in the mirror. I spent over $200 to fix this and even got back on birth control, but nothing worked. I bought this treatment (in late May or early June) and paired it with a simple Cerave oil control cleanser, and my skin is back to normal (but even better!). Within a couple days, there was a drastic difference in my complexion and confidence! It really feels as if I have my whole life back. I can never express just how grateful I am for this product.

Allergic, but still a 5?

I ended up being allergic to the BP, but the reason I give it 5 stars still is because of the science. After the BP not working for me I went to a dermatologist who basically gave me Acne.org products. I had a different antibiotic and retin-A (basically the AHA). My skin cleared in a couple of months. Although the BP didn't work for me, I am sure it will work for others. Just make sure to always do a test patch with any products you put onto your skin!

Best Acne maintenance product I've used

I'm 40 and I have suffered acne since a teenager. Not much used to touch it including Retin A, Zineryt and Roaccutane. Had given up hope and was just waiting to grow out of it. Then I stumbled across acne.org about 8 years ago. Lots of drying skin for the first month but my acne reduced almost immediately. If I stuck to the regimen religiously then my skin remained remarkably clear. Still got spots when I was lazy but I felt a lot more confident and rarely worried about how my skin looked while using it. NOTE - this is not a cure it just keeps the acne at bay. Having used this product through my 30's I stopped for a couple of months as where I live won't allow it to be imported anymore. A huge cystic breakout followed. I'm now struggling to get my skin back under control. The derm's advice - "keep using the BP if it works".

LOVE THIS PRODUCTTTT

This product has been a complete life saver. I had terrible cystic acne and disgusting scars. I thought i had tried everything i could before seeing a dermatologist, but i decided to give this product a try. I'm not normally one to give reviews on anything unless it's terrible, but this product is AMAZING!! It takes some time to start working and to begin getting used to it. It has given me great results and it has now been a good 5 months since my last pimple!!!

Holy Grail Product

I've only been using this for 4 days and my skin surface texture feels baby soft smooth. I have moderate acne and stubborn closed comedones on my forehead and cheeks. I've been on expensive prescription medications and topicals, tried various skincare lines & products, bought a ton of korean skincare products/acids that people claimed worked for them. Absolutely nothing worked like this product did and there was already a noticeable difference on the second day. Skin is still clearing up beneath the surface, my bumps are still there. I do have some redness and peeling currently but for me it's worth it because it's becoming so smooth. I'm very happy with this product so far. Also my skin is tolerating it well probably because I've exposed my skin to so many strong acids and products it's taking the BP like a champ and not drying me out at all so I can slather it on pretty good. I cannot wait to see what it looks like in a month or so, I'll come back for an update.

Yujeong

The Best Acne treatment than ever

Mostly Great

Keeps my hormonal acne at bay for the most part. I get bad breakouts a few times a year. Probably because the season changes or something. But it's the only thing strong enough to mostly keep it at bay.

Amazing

Love it

Amazing

Love it

Best product ever

It cured my acne and hyperpigmentation. I am a Indian male was suffered from acne and hyperpigmentation for the last 7 years, i have tried out soo many products in my life, this is the only one which worked for me. It takes at least 3 months to see results so please be patient. Love acne.org best company ever.

Comments

Dried my skin out but works well

Yes, this is extremely drying. I have combination to oily skin and this gave me dry patches around my mouth and nose. I started using this along with the AHA and my skin has improved greatly. I now use this as more of a spot treatment. I can go without using this for a month and the minute it touches the skin around my mouth it is super dry there the very next day. That's why its more of a spot treatment now

Hi. Have you started this with the AHA at the same time? Or firstly BP and then AHA? Regards.

Popular All-over treatments