Acne.org Treatment (Benzoyl Peroxide - 2.5%) Reviews

Brand: Acne.org

Acne.org Treatment (Benzoyl Peroxide - 2.5%)
4.31,621 reviews

Buy now

Best product ever

It cured my acne and hyperpigmentation. I am a Indian male was suffered from acne and hyperpigmentation for the last 7 years, i have tried out soo many products in my life, this is the only one which worked for me. It takes at least 3 months to see results so please be patient. Love acne.org best company ever.

Comments

Dried my skin out but works well

Yes, this is extremely drying. I have combination to oily skin and this gave me dry patches around my mouth and nose. I started using this along with the AHA and my skin has improved greatly. I now use this as more of a spot treatment. I can go without using this for a month and the minute it touches the skin around my mouth it is super dry there the very next day. That's why its more of a spot treatment now

Comments

Extremely drying at first but amazing in the long run

I have been using this as part of the regimen for almost 2 years and it has cleared my skin very well. At the beginning my skin became very dry and flaky and it was painful considering i have very oily skin. After around a month and a half, my skin became very hyper-pigmented and extremely dry. 2 months later with the help of jojoba oil, the hyper-pigmented skin literally began falling off! it revealed amazing skin underneath which is very clear until now. i do not use it as frequently now. I try to use it every night but usually use it maybe 4 to 5 times a night in a week. I live in the UK and ship this using a freight forwarding company or when a relative goes to the states, I ship it to where they are staying and they bring it back to me.

Lifesaver!

I absolutely love this product. I started having terrible acne a few years ago. My forehead was filled with tiny bumps. My cheeks and chin would break out with cystic acne. And when the pimple was gone, it would leave an ugly scar. The scars made it worse, because they would linger for months and it made my acne look even worse. It wasn't clear to me what suddenly caused my acne. I tried so many things to cure it. Hormonal medication, OTC treatments, herbal treatments, antibiotics, home remedies...basically everything short of Accutane. The acne was so bad that I could not step out without make-up. My confidence took a big hit. I was so self-conscious of how I looked. In hindsight, I might have been close to getting into depression because of it. I am not sure how I found out about Acne.org..might have been videos on Youtube by users of the product who swore by it. I figured it might be worth a shot...and thank god I thought to try it. The first month was rough like expected. The peeling and dryness and stinging of the eye was not fun. And the acne was still there too. But by the second month things started looking upwards. The peeling reduced and so did the acne. By the third month, my acne had considerably reduced and I didn't have any peeling. By the fourth or fifth month, my family members could not believe how much change had happened. I was like a new person. I would get so many compliments on my skin. I continue to use the BP treatment 3 years later. I don't have to use it as much now. It keeps my acne away and I am a much happier person. :)

Changed my skin

I started getting acne on my cheeks, chin, and forehead really bad for the first time in my life and honestly was so self conscious I wouldn't leave the house without makeup. I first used a stronger BP from another company and it was really harsh and would burn and sting my skin, I would look like I woke up with a sun burn. Plus it was so drying, my skin would peel and flake so I had to pile on moisturizer. So I'm so glad I found this BP, since it's a smaller percentage, It's still drying but not as harsh and theres no stinging . I've been using the BP at night with my own moisturizer and cleanser for over 6 months and the texture has really changed. I only have a tiny bit of scaring left and maybe get one or two spots around my period each month, which i just spot treat with this and are gone in a couple of days anyway. As long as you just keep using more and more as your skin gets used to it you'll start to see results, Its taken a long time but its been worth it! Using other products like a clay mask, glycolic acid cleanser or salicylic acid cleanser really help too.

Maintains, BUT...

Skin type: Sensitive and Oily. Disclaimer: I only used the acne.org BP. I used the normal to dry skin Cetaphil cleanser, and kept trying different moisturizer to combat the dryness the BP left me with afterwards. Let's get straight to the point: It maintained my skin's clarity, hence the 3 stars. I still had the occasional chin pimple around my period, but other than that; clear. This all came at a price. I followed the acne.org regimen of gently applying a thick layer of the BP on the skin and letting it dry for about 20-30 minutes. While I waited for it to dry, my eyes would burn and water, my skin was extremely irritated, itchy, and it stung. After it dried, I found that a normal moisturizer would not do. It would be hard to spread around my face, it seemed like it would skip over my skin and I would have to use more force in applying the moisturizer (which i really didn't want to do). I never found the perfect moisturizer to use after the BP. I found that I wasn't producing any oil during the day, which was very different for me, and it was nice not having to worry about how shiny I was all the time, but then I found that I also looked like a lackluster zombie. Also, my neck started becoming extremely dry, itchy, irritated, and flaky. I later found this was because when I would apply my moisturizer to my face, I would drag the remaining product to my neck and I'm guessing the BP would also get transferred, irritating the delicate neck skin. User error I suppose. But for me, having to literally sit still for 30 minutes in pain, with my eyes closed to avoid the burning and stinging, and not being able to use a regular moisturizer afterwards to combat the dryness was not worth it. With my skin if something doesn't feel right, it probably isn't. I stopped using it and my acne and oil have returned. I use it as a spot treatment for active pimples in combination with Clindamyacin lotion now, and I know if i'm in a pinch it can be relied on. I know that some people will do anything to improve their acne condition, and have different skin situations, and that's why I still wanted to give it 3 stars. I say give it a shot.

I can’t wait

I suffered from acne since I was 14 years old Nothing bad, but I thought it was bad I used the things dermotologist prescribed, antibiotics (doxycline) , spiroctone however you spell it lol accutane, birthcontrol pills and bezoyl peroxide gel from dermotologist. The pills would work while I was on it, but onces I stopped acne came back. Now I have almost 2 years suffering from hormonal acne and it has messed me up so bad my confidence went from 100 to zero. At times I feel like crying I have tried everything aloe vera, face mask, I drink alot of water I tried 3 weeks of cutting out dairy and I didn’t see no difference. I recently promised myself to get this BP try it for about 3-4 months with my cerave face wash. I have super sensitive skin, who has seen results with this product that had severe acne? And how long did it take you to see results?

I once had a severe acne when I was 16. I tried literally everything and nothing happened. Before, I was using clindamycin and after a year my skin got immuned to it and made my acne worse. I thought nothing’s gonna help my skin and I was about to give up but then I saw the acne.org regimen kit and I gave it a try. After a month, it made my face really dry and flaky but I noticed that there were no new pimples forming. My pimples are also drying out which is a good thing but even a lot of moisturizer won’t help and I was freakinggg out. But after two months my acne is gone, only pimple marks and dry skin. I bought the AHA and it made my skin smooth and moisturized. After that, I only put BP every night and it’s still working out the same way. March 23, 2017 was the day I tried it out and now it’s been a year already and my face is all cleared up but there are still some pimples whenever I’m about to have a period but atleast it made my skin pretty good. 3-4 months is the month that everything would turn out fine. Don’t freak out at first and don’t stop using it you just need to be patient. :) that’s it. Good luck!

Best Treatment EVER!

I never write reviews for products but this treatment has changed my life!I have officially been using the acne.org regimen on my face for a year and my skin looks AMAZING!! It has been a bumpy road with dry skin and horrible breakouts but if you stick through it and don't give up on this regimen i promise you the results are worth the trouble! I finally feel comfortable enough to go out in public without any makeup on and i haven't had any new acne in a few months now. LOVE LOVE LOVE these products!

Liquid GOLD for ACNE !

This is the only acne treatment that acts as the best spot treatment that I have ever used. Whenever I get a breakout and that is, rarely ever since I started using their regimen.... I will dab a dot of this product on the pimple and boom....the next morning it will no longer be throbbing or red. I like to be extra so I try to pop it first before applying the product just to make absolute sure that the product gets into the cyst to do its magic. I have tried both ways (unpopping/popping) and it will still work but sometimes Ill get a stubborn one therefore the need for popping it first. VOILA !! The zit will literally die the next morning.

Comments

Clears skin but makes skin red

Been on the regimen for 5 months ish. Using own moisturizer and cleanser. This regimen DOES clear your skin especially if you do it twice a day. However, your skin will get red and dry, which is a big negative side effect in my opinion. So I guess there is a tradeoff between clear skin and reddish skin. 4/5

Comments

Effective for breakouts not blackheads

I used to have major breakouts in my T-Zone, but with continuous use of this product and following the acne.org regimen I got rid of my acne. Now I rarely get breakouts, and even when I do get a pimple it will go away within a week or two. I really do love this product, and there is no better deal out there on the internet for benzoyl peroxide. One note: This product did not help with my blackheads, but overall my skin appearance is much better.

Comments

Very effective and helped clear up a severe breakout.

If you have gone from having light to moderate acne onto hormone induced mega breakouts that just wont go away, I definitely recommend 2.5% Benyzoyl Peroxide. I had weeks of inflamed spots that just seemed to trigger new blemishes. Being anti-bacterial it of course is great for preventing the new spots from happening. It is very drying but that does get better overtime. I've been using this stuff since around October through the winter months, so haven't had to worry too much about the sun (very grey and cloudy here in the UK) but on sunny days do remember to wear sunscreen. Also it does bleach your sheets, which is a bit of a pain. I did use old cases but got a bit sick of having sheets that looked a bit sad. Some people on here use disposable cases for hospitals but I found these scratchy. There is a UK company that sells disposable pillowcases for people with acne and those ones are much softer, so for now that's how I keep my bed looking nicer,

Comments

This regimen really works as long as you follow it

I have been using this treatment for almost a year now, about 8 months, and it has completely cleared my skin. I only use the treatment from acne.org and i use my own oil free non pore clogging moisturiser and the purpose cleanser. I use it twice a day. If you've been using this for a few months and are experiencing a lull in it, then you probably aren't using enough. but it works miracles.

The best one out there

This has been my skin's savior. I first went through the regimen about four years ago when I had minor cystic acne breakouts on my cheeks. It was horribly drying but I stuck through it. I realized once my skin got better that it's happier without the regimen cleanser, and I also switched to another moisturizer. So I have one from a company in Sweden called Basiderm. I tried switching my BP out to some products from The Ordinary this summer and my acne breakouts were much worse than it ever was before. Once I got a hold of my acne.org BP again, I went back to my old regimen and now I'm only left with scarring but no active breakouts. I have tried SO MANY products for my skin and nothing has ever worked as good and fast at making a pimple stop hurting as this. Before my skin was used to it, it first got worse, as expected. Now my skin is used to it, a pimple can go from hurting to not hurting over the course of one night. I am so thankful for this product. Please please try the regimen if you're experiencing pain, it's so worth it.

Comments

Amazing Product. Not too Drying!

I have been using Benzoyl Peroxide for years. I started using the Neutrogena brand as a teenager, and it always irritated my skin (even with such little product). I was nervous to try such a large amount, but this has never irritated my skin as much as that Neutrogena one. I use it nightly (so I don't have sun irritation). I have noticed when I don't use it, I start to get pimples again. Also, the Acne.org customer service is AMAZING! I highly recommend buying products from this website. They have gone above and beyond to help me when there were some shipment issues, and I love to support such a kind and helpful brand!!!

Lifesaver!

I'm 19 and have struggled with acne/hyperpigmentation as soon as I entered junior high. Tried EVERYTHING including big named products. Benzoyl peroxide is what helped my skin SO much! Make sure to slowly ease your way into it (especially if you are like me and have sensitive skin) and it may burn/dry you out a little in the beginning but your skin will adjust and it is so worth it! Also remember sunscreen or a hat whenever you are out!

Miracle

This product worked amazingly. It does not overly dry my skin or cause excessive redness and peeling. Acne has diminished completely over the span of 8 weeks. I highly recommend this product. After years of using dermatologist prescription creams and pills that cost hundreds of dollars, my skin would be left dry, irritated, and unaffected. This product finally changed all that.

Works Very Well

I am a 24 year old female and have been dealing with moderate, extremely persistent acne on and off for about 10 years. I have been on five rounds of Accutane which all helped for awhile but the acne would come back. After countless OTC products and other prescriptions/oral medications, I finally decided to try the acne.org regimen. I spent a lot of time reading reviews and trying to decide if it was something I wanted to use. I was hesitant as I live in Canada and knew that the shipping would be expensive. However, about two and a half months ago I decided to order the starter kit. I have been using it faithfully and diligently 2x per day as directed and my skin is now completely clear. It took about 5-6 weeks until my skin really became clear and the breakouts stopped. I have now been able to drop down to just one pump of the BP instead of a full two pumps as I was getting quite irritated from it. I really like this system for its acne-clearing performance- it really works well if you stick to it. I do find that my skin is still very dry and can become irritated on and off, and I will just adjust the routine accordingly. I have never written a review but promised myself that I would if this actually worked- all these reviews helped me decide if I should use the acne.org products and I hope that my review can do the same for you!

It works, but...

I've been using this product for years. I thank Dan for this unique formulation that you can't get anywhere else. And yet...I'm getting tired of this. I'm 37, I just don't want to rub this on my face the rest of my life. One thing I'm trying is washing after applying the bp. Yes, it makes it less effective, but you get less dryness, and you don't have the residue on your face while you sleep, etc. I'm trying to wean off. Wish me luck.

Comments

ANYONE WITH STUBBORN ACNE&OILY SKIN, DONT BUY THIS!

I heard many good reviews about this stuff so I immediately purchased the regimen. I used this for 3 months non stop and it was the worst thing I have bought for my skin and acne. And now my face harvested more painful acne than what I started with. Plus it even made my skin even more sensitive to anything I put in my face, especially in my eye lids which now hurts. Don't invest in this you will waste your time and money. Hence why I went back to original skin routine with my clearasil 12 facial scrub and MY GOODNESS IT WORKS LIKE WONDERS. It helps with anyone with stubborn acne, it's afforable and it's not harsh. In every 12 hours you use this, you will see the size of your acne scars and appearance decreasing. And of course moisturise with nevia facial cream at day time and at night use bio oil to moisturise&to help heal scarrings. Hope this helps.

Maybe you are allergic to the benzoyl Peroxide because it works amazing for me . Do not convince people that it’s horrible because it failed with you.for those reading Give it a try and actually use the products with consistency. My face was horrible with stubborn acne and I’m oily as hell but it worked. Also with horrible hyperpigmentation. So please give it a try.

I NEED HELP

Hi guys, I started the acne regimen a month ago or more and after 2 weeks of it being sucessful i suddenly put too much benozyl peroxide and i burned my whole face. It was 100% MY Mistake im sure and stopped using the whole regimen waiting for my skin to heal and a week ago i noticed that my skin is breaking out so i decided to start using it again my cheeks and forehead are red and kinda burned theyre itchy sometimes and my skin is peeling off. I didnt stop the benozyl this time j kept using it but in very small dozes and i started puting vaseline so that I can heal the burn but nothing js happening like i feel like the benozyl is only burning and drying my face but not clearing the acne. And the vaseline is also not healing the burn. What Do i do? Do i stop the regimen for a while and let my skin heal then start again? I feel likeif i stopped and start again it will also get burned once i start.. or do I just continue and wait for my face to get used for the benozyl and heal by itself Im so confused. Please help me guys it's important thank you in advance...!!!!!!

Popular All-over treatments