x

Acne.org Moisturizer with Licochalcone reviews

2.8/5 - 370 reviews

Brand: Acne.org

Acne.org Moisturizer with Licochalcone

Water, Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Methyl Gluceth-20, Squalane, Saccharide Isomerate, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycyrrhiza glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sorbitan Olivate, Cetearyl Olivate, PEG-12 Glyceryl Distearate, PEG-23 Glyceryl Distearate, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin.

8 oz. Moisturizer
16 oz. Moisturizer
3.4 oz. Moisturizer

I love it!!
Reviewed on January 12, 2018

I'm surprised by the high number of negative reviews that this product has received, for me it is absolutely perfect. i combine it with Aha+ 3 times a week and the rest of the time i use it alone and my skin looks radiant. The adult acne bout is now under control and just the other day my husband asked my what I was using on my face because he said i looked really good.

Love the product, not the way it arrived
Reviewed on November 18, 2017

Of course I love this product, I have been using it for over a year now and this regimen is literally my miracle and I love love love it. But I ordered this since I ran out, and it arrived in the package with the top broken and the lotion was coated all over the inside, a bit on the outside even, and on the bottle. I cleaned it up and thankfully it wasn't completely broken off (I can still keep it covered), but now I have to deal with the broken pump until I get home (am at college until semester break) and can replace with an old small one I happened to just keep by chance (the one I recently ran out of is a bigger one). Maybe send it in something more protective than a bubble wrap envelope.

Light & airy
Reviewed on October 23, 2017

This product works great after applying the peroxide treatment. My skin feels itchy before I put it on, and immediately after it calms my skin but dissolves fully. I love it!

cyst spots
Reviewed on October 1, 2017

since using this product for nearly 2 months i have noticed that i now get cyst like spots- which i never used to get.

i remember using this product 4 years ago or so and it was great- not sure what they have done but it is deffo not worth the money.

Horrible Eczema
Reviewed on September 17, 2017

I have been using this moisturizer for around 3 years and never had an issue. The last time I ordered this product was probably 8-12 months ago as I ordered two of the 16oz bottles so they would last me a long time.

I have developed a horrible case of eczema all over my face and I could not figure out what was causing it all the sudden. I randomly decided to check the reviews on this product and noticed that all the reviews are 1 star now and other people are developing eczema/rashes/irritations. Whenever my face would get itchy or swollen I would reach for this product to help soothe the eczema...... only to figure out it was causing the torture.

It seems that there is an ingredient that causes skin conditions when used every day for a long period of time. Maybe the licorice root?

I can't buy any Acne.org products anymore because they are all laced with licochalcone and I don't know if that's the cause for Eczema or not and don't really want to buy this over-priced product to find out. After exchange rates (Buying from Canada), shipping fees, and tax, it costs like $55....

I stopped using the products and my eczema is gone.

I’m so disappointed! Eyes get blur, stings badly.
Reviewed on September 15, 2017

Hi Dan,

I have been using you ACNE.ORG regimen since 2008. It worked and still working for me except the new formulated moisturizer. I used to love your old moisturizer because it was so nice to use, it actually moisturize my skin and it smelled so refresh. Ever since the moisturizer was re-formulated, no matter how many times I applied or how much drops of jojoba oil that I added, my face will end up very dry and flaky after an hour or so, it also leaves horrible yellow film on skin which makes my face look so wired, people will look at me and goes: why is your face darker than your neck? Your face got sun burnt? What are you wearing on your face?

Recently I decided to gave up your moisturizer because the other reason is that I found that it will make my eyes so blur, when it combines with BP, after applied for 6+ hours, my eyes will get blur, stings badly, makes me need to close my eyes. I afraid it will affect my eyes sight. It never happened when I was using the old moisturizer. Also I notice so many people raise up this issue online but no one is paying attention to this problem.

So many people are complaining about the new moisturizer, it rated 2.8/5 – over 364 reviews. It’s a bad moisturizer, it’s a fact. I can’t understand why you can’t bring back the old moisturizer? Why can’t you just keep both. I’m not asking you to throw away the new one, just bring back the old one, please! Tell us why’s you reason. You claim that you wanted to help people with acne then why you are not listening to what we say! I’m so disappointed!

Swollen Eyes
Reviewed on July 28, 2017

This product isn't good for my skin anymore. They claimed they didn't change the formula, but it started to give me eczema a year after I started using it. I see a lot of people saying the same thing on this site. I wish they'd fix the problem.

PLEASE HELP ME!!
Reviewed on June 25, 2017

Hey. So I have been using the moisterizer for about 2 months and lately the moisterizer has been making my skin feel super greesy and oily. I use 1 1/2 pumps after the cleanser and 2 pumps of the BP night and day. At night it's greesy and oily but it's tolerable but then in the day when I go out it gets so greesy and oily and feels so heavy . I have oily skin to begin with but It looks and feel as if there is a layer of oil on my face. If anyone can help and answer these questions...

•AM I USING TO MUCH?-

•SHOULD I USE LESS-

•SHOULD I USE MORE?-

•SHOULD I USE ANTOHER MOISTERIZER?-

•SHOULD I NOT USE AT ALL?

•IS THERE A WAY TO MAKE LESS GREESY?-

•AM I APPLYING WRONG ?-

•WHY IS IT MAKING MY FACE GREESY?-

•DOES GREESY MOISTERIZERS CAUSE MORE BREAK OUTS?-

it doesn't burn or itch my face at all. but I really want to know why it makes my face so greesy. I have been putting on the same amount of moisterizer for the same amount of time. I want to just not put it on because dry skin to me vs. oily skin is just more comfortable but I am afraid when my face is dry I might break or . ANY THOUGHTS?? (If you can copy and paste and answer the questions I would appreciate it so much)

by ilickoreos on 07/09/2017 16:51
Hi there! I found that this moisturizer made my skin excessively greasy, and I have very dry skin. I even tried reducing the amount to see if I could feel less greasy, but I always did throughout the day. Unfortunately, for me, the excess grease that wasn't getting absorbed ended up giving me acne. Since you are not experiencing any breakouts, you are free to continue using it and try applying less. However, there are many moisturizers at the drugstore that might make you feel less oily. I know Cetaphil and CeraVe come highly rated on his forum, but for me, they break me out. You'll just have to patch test and see for yourself. Good luck!!
Swollen Eyes
Reviewed on May 27, 2017

I adore this line of face care. I just order a second bottle of the cream. However over the past 5 weeks I developed swollen eyes, redness on my face and neck. I got allergy testing. Went to 4 doctors. Had 3 rounds of steroids. Finally, when I saw the allergist he said it was contact dermatitis and it was something I was putting on my face. I was saddened. I love acne.org. However the pieces started to fall into place. On my last, and most severe, flair up I had spent the day applying the cream to my eyes because they were dry from the previous flair up.

When people see the picture I show them, they are in disbelief. My face and eyes look like costume make up. I can't see to drive. I don't know if there is a new ingredient added or if I developed an allergy over time.

my face is 90% clear all thanks to this and acne.org bp.
Reviewed on May 22, 2017

The only thing this moisturizer lacks is spf protection besides that it is perfect. My skin type is asian and I live in japan so the weather is very dry in the winter , using this protect does wonders to my dry flaky skin. I use to get white patches around my mouth whenever I eat my lunch and it was so embarrassing , now I don't have to deal with that.

Powerful. Proprietary. Proven.
  • Powerfully effective
  • Pharmaceutical grade
  • Guaranteed effective
  • Doctor/Dermatologist recommended
  • Used in acne clicnics worldwide
  • 100% non-comedogenic
  • Fragrance-free & dye-fere
  • pH balanced
  • Scientifically formulated for acne-prone skin
  • Developed by experts at Acne.org