Acne.org Moisturizer with Licochalcone Reviews

Brand: Acne.org

Acne.org Moisturizer with Licochalcone

Buy now

Causes cystic ance

Made me break out in cystic acne that lasted for weeks!

Causes Dermatitis

Started forming a rash around my eyes and went to my PCP, opthamologist, dermatologist to try and figure out what it was. I checked out fine and they all chalked it up to dermatitis. I slowly reintroduced everything and finally figured it was this product. Coming to the see the reviews I can see I'm not the only one. Just a note, I've used this in the past and it hasn't happened. It formed after consistent use. Also if you're affected make sure to wash your pillows!

Listen to your customers

The reviews don't lie. Stop doubling down on this. A substantial minority of people suffer either allergic reactions or break out from the jojoba oil. I'm in the second group. After ten years it's basically insulting an all-things-acne site keeps pumping out a product with so many documented problems. Keep this formulation for the people who like it. A second for the one and two-star customers is long overdue.

Comments

Couldn't speak higher of it.

Although it may be expensive, this is honestly the best moisturizer I have ever tried. It has a nice cooling effect which really soothed my skin. When I was a couple years younger my acne was very bad and I loved all of the Acne.org products. It's been a couple years now since my first two purchases and am planning to purchase just the moisturizer and cleanser!

Burns my eyes

Used this regimen 3 times,and this is my 4th time buying again but once i put the bp as they said wait abt10 to 15 mnto apply tje moisturiser will do the exact thing but my eyes are in pain and i have tears coming out i cant open my eyes for abt 40 mn it burns soooo bad that i had to stop using it very very bad!

Sorry for that, I know how that feels. I found out I was allergic to the BP which caused my entire face to swell and sting, I could barely sleep. Hope you can find a good replacement and continue on your journey!

Danger!!

Lately my eyes have been really blurry. I was studying for a major exam the other day and literally could not see. My glasses no longer work. I applied this moisturizer to my neck and broke out in a scary rash. What ever is in this is dangerous, STAY AWAY.

Just a terrible product

I would give this rating a zero if I could. Not only is this moisturizer not hydrating to my skin,but it causes small cysts bumps under my eyes. What you get as a result from using this product is itchy, flaky, darkened skin and cysts under your eyes. I bought this product to help my skin not make it worse, I do not recommend using this product.

Same thing happened to me! it took me awhile to figure out it was the moisturizer causing the cystic bumps on my face

Too oily

My skin looks like a light bulb when I use this moisturizer, it’s oily, it should be better a gel

Too oily

Rash on my face

I have only started using the acne. Org moisturizer,infact the entire product in the range for six days and I noticed some tiny rash on my fore head and even some areas around my cheeks. I don’t know if this is good or bad and to be honest, I don’t even know if it is the whole regimen my skin is reacting to or just the moisturizer. At this point I am confused. I have heard about how people go through the purge by probably having more breakouts but I didn’t see where anyone wrote about having tiny clusters of rash on their foreheads and that is itchy sometimes. Please help if you are going through the same thing.

happened to me turns out the regime was too intense for my skin and was burning it hence the rashes and mini bumps

Works well for my combination skin!

I have combination skin and have always had a hard time finding a moisturizer that balances my skin. I'm usually left with extremely oily or itchy irritated skin, but this has been a savior! I only apply one pump to my whole face and a little extra where I'm especially dry. I'll occasionally get a little oily but nothing a quick blot can't fix! I've read the previous reviews of people using this product for a a longer period of time (I've only been using it for a little over a month) and they seem to develop eczema-like symptoms. Hoping that isn't the case for everyone!

That was not the case for me, I loved the moisturizer also!

Here's why you have an allergic reaction

This problem is Tocopheryl Acetate. It is a synthetically made chemical by combining Vitamin E and acetic acid. Both the moisturizer and AHA lotion have this. Tocopheryl acetate is often added to skin creams and other cosmetic products in order to make them last longer during shipping, storage, and for when they are sitting on retail shelves. While not everyone has adverse reactions to tocopheryl acetate, there are a number of health risks associated with the ingredient, particularly if you have thin or sensitive skin. Even though the FDA approved tocopheryl acetate as safe for use in skin creams and other health and beauty products, it has been proven to irritate skin and cause carcinogenic effects with long-term use, unlike the pure form of vitamin E.

My skin is sooooo dry

So i've been on the regimen for about a week and my skin is clearing up slowly but i usually have oily skin and after going on this regimen i noticed i have extremely dry skin now. I have dry patches all over my face and my skin is always so itchy and it sometimes stings. I apply a pretty heavy duty moisturizer and my skin still itches and the dry patches are still there. I literally have dry patches under my eyes where i usually put my concealer. I don't even know how that's possible but if anybody could recommend me some tips or something idk i just need help lol.

The same thing is happening to me and I have no idea what to do. I use 2 pumps of moisturizer and like 6 drops of jojoba oil and within like 2-3 hours my skin is flaky. Not only is my skin extremely dry, but the dry skin is darker than my actual skin tone and overall my skin looks disgusting, I refuse to go out of the house sometimes
DO NOT put the AHA products under your eyes. They include this in the directional video and it is very important. I did for a few days and my under eyes were bright red and dark for weeks until I cycled through the life of those skin cells (about 21 days). Leave a generous circle around your eye untouched when applying the benzoyl and AHA crime. Only use cleanser and lotion in that area.

Maybe ask the individual that received the regimen to right a review

I basically used the same adress that i always use, i have close to 800$ invested in their products(not to mention shipping fees around 200$ in total) but my moisturizer was running low (i apply alot especially at night) so i ordered 2 of these and i was waiting for them to arrive so i didn't buy anything locally and when it completely ran out on me i continued waiting which caused me to break out, only to find out that they reached someone else like WHAT ON EARTH happened no one's responding i sent like 5 emails it's been like 3 weeks i hate them, just because i live far (lebanon) doesn't give them the right to ignore me as nobody, i bet if i was a youtuber who requested their they make sure they received their products

Great moisturizer

I feel so terrible for the people who had a bad experience with this moisturizer, and I was so worried I almost didn't buy it. But, I did and I love it! This works awesome on my skin- absorbs totally. It goes on great under makeup and I think it even helps keep my oils at bay. I've been using it for about a month and I couldn't be happier. Try it first, because it just might work for you. I'm 43, have rosacea and used to get 5-10 massive white heads every day. Not anymore!

I had a great experience also! Congratulations for your progress!

Great product, but maybe don't follow the amount you need to apply based on the Regimen

Let me first start by saying that I've been using the Acne.org regimen (Cleanser, Treatment, Moisturizer, and AHA) for about 7 and a half months now, so I've experienced this moisturizer both during the CRAZY HUMID north-east summers, and the cold, frigid north-east winters. I HAD moderate cystic acne, particularly around my forehead, nose and cheeks, but thankfully, that's all gone now. Now, this moisturizer is good. Like very good. However, depending upon WHERE you are in the treatment process, the amount of moisturizer you'll need to use will vary. Personally, two pumps is WAAAAY too much moisturizer for someone with oily/normal skin (even if said person is using 2 pumps of BP); the only time I really had to use two pumps was when I was using 2 pumps of treatment and NO AHA, as during the first month of the regimen, I followed the steps and did not use the AHA bottle to help get my skin accustomed to the amount of treatment and product it was getting. Now, after that 1st month, if you decide to use the AHA everyday, you need to HALVE the amount of moisturizer you use, regardless of season. Now, my personal recommendation is 3/4th to 1 pump morning and evening (if you're not mixing the AHA), and about 1/2 pump moisturizer + 1/2 pump AHA every night, if you are. This is quite a rich moisturizer, and I recommend really dabbing it over your cheeks and neck, while spreading it around your forehead when you're massaging it into the skin. Initially, the efficacy of the moisturizer hits, as it'll feel kinda warm and heavy (perfect for the winter). However, after a while, it'll start to feel cool, as the product gets absorbed (and it gets absorbed rather quickly if you apply it in 3/4ths - 1 pump a turn). If you feel you need to apply more after this much moisturizer, feel free to, but my guess is that if you have particularly oily skin (like me), you won't need to. All in all, a great product that has not broken me out (although, I still follow the regimen everyday, so it may be that the benzoyl peroxide as well as the AHA are preventing any future breakouts).

Comments

Caused Huge redness under my eyes

I started the regime with success, but always noticing something wrong with the final part: moisturizing . I disregarded all the bad review because my skin was so terrible during the time! On the 3rd month, my skin was clearing up massively, but then red patches started appearing out of no where. Under my eyes would swell, same with an itchy, itchy neck. I thought it was the BP at first; my skin has cleared up and maybe it's too powerful now? Wrong! I tested for a whole week excluding BP and only keeping the cleanser and moisturizer: was I in for a hell storm. The moisturizer all 3 months were triggering some sort of reaction, to the point of my eyes swelling up almost totally!! I stopped using the product, and what do you know... my eyes were fine after a couple days of healing. The BP did clear my acne, but with a cost of an another allergic reaction... what can you say, can't win em' all

It causes eczema

Everything was fine with the old formula, but the new one is just terrible. After the first application it caused me a quite serious eczema, my eyes have swollen and I was itching all over my face, especially around my beard. I definitely dont recommend it.

I love it!!

I'm surprised by the high number of negative reviews that this product has received, for me it is absolutely perfect. i combine it with Aha+ 3 times a week and the rest of the time i use it alone and my skin looks radiant. The adult acne bout is now under control and just the other day my husband asked my what I was using on my face because he said i looked really good.

Comments

Love the product, not the way it arrived

Of course I love this product, I have been using it for over a year now and this regimen is literally my miracle and I love love love it. But I ordered this since I ran out, and it arrived in the package with the top broken and the lotion was coated all over the inside, a bit on the outside even, and on the bottle. I cleaned it up and thankfully it wasn't completely broken off (I can still keep it covered), but now I have to deal with the broken pump until I get home (am at college until semester break) and can replace with an old small one I happened to just keep by chance (the one I recently ran out of is a bigger one). Maybe send it in something more protective than a bubble wrap envelope.

Light & airy

This product works great after applying the peroxide treatment. My skin feels itchy before I put it on, and immediately after it calms my skin but dissolves fully. I love it!

cyst spots

since using this product for nearly 2 months i have noticed that i now get cyst like spots- which i never used to get. i remember using this product 4 years ago or so and it was great- not sure what they have done but it is deffo not worth the money.

Horrible Eczema

I have been using this moisturizer for around 3 years and never had an issue. The last time I ordered this product was probably 8-12 months ago as I ordered two of the 16oz bottles so they would last me a long time. I have developed a horrible case of eczema all over my face and I could not figure out what was causing it all the sudden. I randomly decided to check the reviews on this product and noticed that all the reviews are 1 star now and other people are developing eczema/rashes/irritations. Whenever my face would get itchy or swollen I would reach for this product to help soothe the eczema...... only to figure out it was causing the torture. It seems that there is an ingredient that causes skin conditions when used every day for a long period of time. Maybe the licorice root? I can't buy any Acne.org products anymore because they are all laced with licochalcone and I don't know if that's the cause for Eczema or not and don't really want to buy this over-priced product to find out. After exchange rates (Buying from Canada), shipping fees, and tax, it costs like $55.... I stopped using the products and my eczema is gone.

Comments

I’m so disappointed! Eyes get blur, stings badly.

Hi Dan, I have been using you ACNE.ORG regimen since 2008. It worked and still working for me except the new formulated moisturizer. I used to love your old moisturizer because it was so nice to use, it actually moisturize my skin and it smelled so refresh. Ever since the moisturizer was re-formulated, no matter how many times I applied or how much drops of jojoba oil that I added, my face will end up very dry and flaky after an hour or so, it also leaves horrible yellow film on skin which makes my face look so wired, people will look at me and goes: why is your face darker than your neck? Your face got sun burnt? What are you wearing on your face? Recently I decided to gave up your moisturizer because the other reason is that I found that it will make my eyes so blur, when it combines with BP, after applied for 6+ hours, my eyes will get blur, stings badly, makes me need to close my eyes. I afraid it will affect my eyes sight. It never happened when I was using the old moisturizer. Also I notice so many people raise up this issue online but no one is paying attention to this problem. So many people are complaining about the new moisturizer, it rated 2.8/5 ' over 364 reviews. It's a bad moisturizer, it's a fact. I can't understand why you can't bring back the old moisturizer? Why can't you just keep both. I'm not asking you to throw away the new one, just bring back the old one, please! Tell us why's you reason. You claim that you wanted to help people with acne then why you are not listening to what we say! I'm so disappointed!

Comments

SOOOOO Allergic!!!! Formula Changed?????

So I used this systems years ago and it was amazing but somewhere around the time that they upgraded the packaging I reordered and had the worst allergic reaction with completely swollen eyes and a painful red itchy rash across my neck. I threw it out and recently reordered thinking that it was a bad batch. I used the cleanser and benzoyl peroxide again for weeks with no reaction. Last night I tried the moisturizer and woke up to my eyes being completely swollen shut and the same rash. I now know there is something very wrong with the moisturizer formula. This could be dangerous!! I have absolutely no allergies to anything, so I am completely shocked that I literally look like the elephant man right now!!! BE CAREFUL and do a swatch test first! I am a beauty influencer so if anyone has any questions or wants pics my IG is Fiercelychocolate

Popular Moisturizers