Page 5 of Acne.org Treatment (Benzoyl Peroxide - 2.5%) reviews

4.3/5 - 1458 reviews

Brand: Acne.org

Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%).

Inactive ingredients:
Water, Butylene Glycol, Carbomer, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Hydroxide.

Acne.org Treatment (Benzoyl Peroxide - 2.5%)

8 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
16 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
3.4 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
Acne.org Treatment (Benzoyl Peroxide - 2.5%)

Try this! Run do not walk
Reviewed on March 31, 2017

I started struggling with acne in my late 20's and I am now in my late 30's. I had a major painful outbreak of persistent acne for the last two years and this kit has transformed my skin in about a months time. Today my skin is beautiful, clear, and luminous. I was afraid to try this because of bad experiences with proactive years ago and I thought benzoyl peroxide was not for me, but I was wrong.

Upon first application the pain and irritation my skin was immediately soothed. I have very sensitive skin and knew this going in, so I adjusted the regimen.

first day I applied twice a day, ( soothed skin what a releif!)

next day once a day and then a two day break

then two days on once a day

Then two days off

I applied once a day two on two off for the rest of the month. I did not increase application to every day because I was experiencing progress and I did not need to use the treatment every day for results. For me using the treatment to often causes irritation. today I use the treatment once or twice a week to maintain my results. I love the cleanser and moisturizer and I use these every day. This is a very effective system and I could not be happier!

Help needed!
Reviewed on March 28, 2017

Help, please! I did the test on this page and according the results I bought bp together with AHA (no face washer or moisturiser), as I have acne only on and under my chin. So I started to use bp in the morning for the first two weeks, and only on the third week I managed to put it in the evening as well. Now it's been three weeks since I started to use it on affected area and my skin looks terrible. It's all red and it looks burnt, it seems like wounds opened on my chin. The skin peals off all over that area, feels so itchy. It hurts so much when I apply bp after the shower or moisturiser after bp. I haven't started to use AHA yet, and I take the moisturiser everywhere with me and use it few times a day (I have Neutrogena spf15). Has anyone experienced anything similar and could advise what shall I do? Should I stop using it at all? Or should I do a break? Or should I continue? I am afraid the damage will be worse than having acne..

by Ouijaicrois on 04/03/2017 23:28
Hi, I did get flakes, extremely dry skin, skin discoloration when I started this regimen, bp is harsh on my skin so, I started alternating it.. I do once a day a day off but once a day when my face got used to the irritation I sometimes do twice a day but not regularly.
by Lozzi on 04/06/2017 07:37
My skin looks reddish after I apply it but it goes down not long after. I have extremely dry skin because of this product though, my skin literally flakes. It was irritating when I first started a few weeks ago, but I persisted.. only sometimes after I put the soother on does it sting for a little bit, I just ignore it. It did break me out, but I read that was normal.. that it was your skin purging.
by Melissa051386 on 04/10/2017 18:22
You need to alternate days. Or use less product. Two days on....Two days off! Be patient! 😊
Works great and the consistency is perfect
Reviewed on March 18, 2017

I always thought I was allergic to benzoyl peroxide until I found the acne.org products and regimen. This benzoyl peroxide strength works great-- you don't need a higher percentage. The key is to moisturize sufficiently after using it. I have extremely oily skin, but I use a moisturizer (Cerave pm facial moisturizing lotion, oddly enough) mixed with a drop of acne.org jojoba oil after the bp lotion in the morning, and the same moisturizer mixed with acne.org AHA lotion after bp lotion before bed. I've been doing this for 8 months and my skin is clear with great texture and no flakiness for the first time in DECADES: all thanks to the regimen developed by acne.org.

Nervous and Eager to continue
Reviewed on March 7, 2017

I've been using this for 8 weeks now. I had a lot of cystic acne break out the first 4 weeks of use but now I will only get a few pimples here and there. I am going to continue and hoping my skin completely clears up. I have tried everything and this is my last hope. My scars have become more noticeable and my face is red most of the time. Could anyone let me know if this redness will go away ? And what is the best scar treatment to use while on the regimen?

by Lisarie on 03/18/2017 17:28
Are you following the whole acne.org regimen? Even though my skin is extremely oily, I always follow up bp with moisturizer: in the morning I use Cerave pm facial moisturizer mixed with a drop or 2 of jojoba oil. In the evening I follow up the bp with the Cerave mixed with acne.org's AHA lotion (following their instructions for adding it GRADUALLY or it will sting like the dickens! Following all acne.org's instructions worked great for me!
Not sure yet
Reviewed on February 25, 2017

My Dr actually prescribed bp at 5% I think it's only been a week I use it after I wash and then I moisturise but I don't see much of a difference although my face does feel super clean... she also said it will get worse before it gets better not looking forward to that and it will take 2 months to see results which most of you are saying the same so reading these reviews are giving me hope ! I'll post again next month with an update!

stay away!
Reviewed on February 15, 2017

I've been using this product for about 3 weeks now and my face is so red, dry and my face looks like a wrinkled paper. Some of my acne went away but new came. It left so many red patches and red marks it's INSANE! Even the smallest pimples left a bright red mark that will take forever to fade. My existing marks from before became even worse. I am so scared to stop because many people says it comes back worse. My skin texture is so bad and my skin tone is uneven. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS TO ANYONE!

by Melissa051386 on 04/10/2017 18:24
You need to alternate days. 2 days on...2 days off. You did not start slow enough. This happened to me too. It's been 2 months using the kit and my skin has never looked this good.
Best thing I've used
Reviewed on February 11, 2017

Literally see results in hours with my skin 😍 Doesn't over dry my skin at all

by Lozzi on 04/06/2017 07:39
Lucky
"Perfect skin"
Reviewed on February 8, 2017

first let me tell you, that i am a highschool senior.. so i know all about the pressure of perfect skin!!! i never really had acne until my freshman year, even then it wasn't that bad.. only a frw breaks out.. but i had them 24/7 & they would not go away for anything. i tried many soups, masks, washes, even got facials, nothing worked! so i started researching & cake apon this site! & it was the best thing i ever did!

i have been using this regimen for about 4 weeks know, along with the cleanser & moisturizer (bought in the kit) & my face cleared up within a week, i still have one breakout on my check, that does not seem to want to leave!! other then that, this has helped me so much! i no longer have to wear foundation, nor worry about make up clogging my pores even more then they were!!

Help with using BP
Reviewed on February 6, 2017

I've been using this regimen for 3 weeks now. The BP really helped with my oily t-zone; but it really broke me out in my chin area. I get cystic acne pimples and I have 8 on my chin. I'm so disappointed and upset. I'm not sure if I should continue with this regimen. I have not added in the AHA yet I'm kinda scared. Not sure what to do. I've never had this much breakout at one time before. I have a wedding to attend in a couple of weeks and I'm really upset and nervous about my face. Please help?????

by taylornicole95 on 02/09/2017 19:00
Hey! This is normal, your skin is just going through the normal purging stage. All the trapped acne is coming to its surface. Continue using the regimen, it will all clear up within the next few weeks. The key is to stick with it no matter what. The same thing happened to me, it is discouraging at first but I promise this regimen is amazing with consistency! hope this helped
Life Changing
Reviewed on February 4, 2017

I had horrible acne issues about 2 years ago. I was a junior in high school and I was embarrassed to even talk to anyone at school because my acne was so bad. I had it along my jawline, my cheeks, and my chin. I had tried almost everything to get rid of it and NOTHING was working. I came across acne.org looking for treatments on youtube. I saw the success stories from the regimen and I thought I would give it a try. When it came in the mail and I used it for the first time, I followed the directions extremely carefully because I wanted the best results. Acne.org shows a chart of what to expect in weeks 1, 2, 3...etc. My face went through some drastic changes in the first month or so like the chart had predicted. My skin was so incredibly dry and flaky AND I still had my acne. But after about 2 months my skin had adjusted to the high BP % and my skin began to clear up. It is now 2 years later and I still order the treatment consistently. I am so strict about my skin routine and follow this regimen morning/night no matter what. I recommend this product 150% to anyone who is willing to put in the effort and follow a face routine very well. Acne.org changed my life. 2 years ago I never could have imagined I would be getting so many compliments on my clear skin.