Page 36 of Acne.org Treatment (Benzoyl Peroxide - 2.5%) reviews

4.3/5 - 1458 reviews

Brand: Acne.org

Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%).

Inactive ingredients:
Water, Butylene Glycol, Carbomer, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Hydroxide.

Acne.org Treatment (Benzoyl Peroxide - 2.5%)

8 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
16 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
3.4 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
Acne.org Treatment (Benzoyl Peroxide - 2.5%)

huge amount for the price!
Reviewed on January 25, 2014

I previously relied on buying AcneFree or Neutrogena's benzoyl peroxide. Neutrogena's is for 0.7 oz and costs $7-$10 and is a cream which would show up later if I were sweat. AcneFree's bp was about $5 at WalMart or sometimes I'd get lucky and find it at my local Dollar Tree. Even then, this was for a 1oz tube.

I've been using this acne.org BP for three months. One 8oz tube has lasted me that long. I was hesitant about the 2.5% because I normally used 5-10% bp, but I received the same outcome without the peeling and dry skin effect! You might think the price is unreasonable, but getting it every other month in my acne.org subscription box has saved me the hassle of trying to find a cheap bp gel locally. This stuff works and I cannot thank Daniel enough for creating this product. My acne is now under control.

Depending on how severe your acne is...
Reviewed on January 22, 2014

I started using this product in September 2013 and it is now nearly February 2014. I have severe acne and I think that this product is ok. I would only recommend it if you have light or mild acne as I'm afraid you need something stronger if your acne is more than that. I found that this product is VERY drying and when I woke up in the morning, my skin was never the same as I went to sleep in which was disappointing. I REALLY wanted this product to work as I read amazing reviews but unfortunetly it didn't :( I spend £95 in total, with the cleanser, treatment and moisturiser which I think is ok considering I have lots left. I found this regimen time-consuming as you have to wait at least 5/10 mins for the products to dry and when the products do dry, my skin was really itchy and very red so I hated going to work with my face looking like a tomato. You can't wear any make-up which using the treatment as your skin is extremely dry and flaky and it got to the point where it wouldn't even apply without sitting on my face funny. It did however, get rid of a few spots but not as much as I thought it would for the money I was paying and it took time for the spots to fade. I thought applying this would mean that I wouldn't get new spots but I ended up with more spots then I had hoped for, even months after the "purging" stage, overall I would only recommend if you have mild acne, severe acne you will need something stronger so don't waste your time or money if you have severe acne. I'm now going to begin Roacctaune next month and I wish I did sooner.

Acne.org Treatment is the best
Reviewed on January 16, 2014

Since 5th grade (2005) i started with acne on my forehead then on my nose then my chin then my cheeks and then it was out of control all over my face by the age of 17 i felt like nothing would work. I even thought about cutting my face, because it was a fustration everyday. I would look in the mirror and be disgusted about my face. On a last hope i went to youtube and found acne.org i had doubts but after seeing it has worked for many out there i decide to give it a try and that was the best decision i have ever made. It worked!!!! THANK YOU DAN. The first days won't be easy, but hang in there is the best product to fight acne. I strongly recommended.

Gave me hope
Reviewed on January 13, 2014

I had been suffering from server cystic acne for the past year and a half, let me tell you if was the most painful year of my life. I remember vividly the day I was at work and a lady came up to me and told me she could help me clear my skin. "With a few laser treatments I can get rid of all your acne!" I did the laser treatments and a few treatments quickly turned into enough treatments to cost me a car. Don't get me wrong, this cleared my skin amazingly.. Well compared to how it used to be. I still got pimples and had whiteheads and blackheads but the cystic acne went away. I also still had bad scarring. I figured I stop paying for these expensive treatments and try this acne.org regimen. I've been using this little kit for less than a week.. I'm a little flakey and real red but holy I can already see the difference. I'd say before starting the regimin I had mild to moderate acne (moderate before and on my period) but I basically haven't gotten many pimples and if I wake up with a new one, it goes away by the next day. This product is giving me hope.. My prom is this year and I really wanted to be acne free by the summer. I'm so glad I've found something that works for me (so far).

doesnt work anymore
Reviewed on January 8, 2014

This worked great for my skin and cleared up some acne for a few months but not fully, still had breakouts. Towards the end of my tube, this product applied to my face made it SUPER red the next day and I had patches of rednesss wherever I applied. I bought a new tube thinking that it was probably defective after time passed, but same result. RED PATCHES, made it look like i had a skin disease.

Works great!
Reviewed on December 16, 2013

I couldn't find 2.5% BP in Toronto, so I ordered this. The tube is HUGE, and the cost is way less than the 5% BP available locally. The Regimen completely worked for me, my skin has never looked better.

This really works if you use it right.
Reviewed on December 15, 2013

I completely cleared my skin over a year ago by following the regimen to a tee. Then I went off of it, thinking I had cured my acne completely. 6 months later it came back. I went back on the treatment at the beginning of this year and once again, followed each step of the regimen carefully. At first, while my skin was clear, because I have VERY dry skin naturally, it flaked every day horribly. I was constantly in a dilemma of "do I scrub the dead skin off my face, thus irritating my skin and going against the regimen? Or do I leave it and look horrible all the time?" But then I read about introducing AHA a month into the regimen because it exfoliates your skin without having to irritate it, you just use it in place of your moisturizer every other night or mix it with your moisturizer. It supposedly eliminated flakes. I bought it and no lie the first time I mixed it in with my moisturizer my flakes were gone, my skin was glowing and perfectly smooth and still clear. I highly recommend the entire regimen, and I recommend doing EXACTLY as the instructions say. Even someone with extremely dry, sensitive skin like me has had success with it. TWICE.

It was good
Reviewed on December 14, 2013

I've used the regimen in the past and it cleared up my acne. I stopped using it for about a year without any breakouts and then my acne started to reappear! It was a bad decision stop, which was my fault. Now I'm back on using the regimen. Well, for the most part the treatment. I remember on both counts having super dry irritated skin when starting the treatment. I'm using the treatment again and my face is still flaky even with jojoba oil added into the moisturizer. It's been a bit over 3 months since I've been back on the treatment and my acne hasn't gone down. If not, it's still the same to worse around my jaw line and I have never had any serious breakouts along my jaw line. I'm giving it a 4 star because it has worked in the past and I am hoping my acne will clear up like it once did. I believe that the moisturizer from the regimen may be the main cause of my acne still persisting. I know I should probably do a separate review for the moisturizer, but the moisturizer doesn't do much for ME. My skin would flake from the littlest touches, for example taking off a sweatshirt or shirt and I would have to moisturize again. If you want the BP treatment to work, find a better moisturizer!

High hopes
Reviewed on December 2, 2013

Maybe I received a bad tube. I apply a directed and it did nothing. So I applied some of the lotion to the corner of a towel to see if it would bleach it out meaning the BP was active & nothing. Now I'm out $25. I'm bummed.

two years of use
Reviewed on November 26, 2013

I have been amazed by this product. I suffered from a mixed bag of acne problems ever since puberty and had tried multiple brands including proactiv, antibiotics and retin A in the past. I have sensitive skin which gets oily then dry within hours of each other despite a vegan diet and water consumption. I actually had the benefit of Speaking with Dan after I called about how to use the product properly (such a nice guy). So, ultimately, I have pictures that show every pore on my face erupting before I started using this product. One month later, I had one or two pimples. It was fast, effective, gentle and easy to maintain (and Affordable). Every month, though, my hormones would act up and I would have a mild breakout. I started recieving glycolic facials every few months to help with cell turnover along with the Regimen on a daily basis. TWO YEARS LATER: I am worried that the percent of BP is becoming too weak. I think my face has become so accustomed to it that its not nearly as effective anymore. I have tried going up to 5% with OTC, but it makes my face irritated. So, I've had to bump up my facials which is expensive. However, if I stop using the BP, my face breaks out like crazy so I know it is still effective for the most part. Ultimately, this product works, consistently and gently, but eventually you will need to manage a new regimen most likely. A time comes when your system just becomes accustomed to the product and its not as amazing as it used to be. I recommend this product, but like all good things...