Page 2 of Acne.org Treatment (Benzoyl Peroxide - 2.5%) reviews

4.3/5 - 1458 reviews

Brand: Acne.org

Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%).

Inactive ingredients:
Water, Butylene Glycol, Carbomer, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Hydroxide.

Acne.org Treatment (Benzoyl Peroxide - 2.5%)

8 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
16 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
3.4 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)

Amazing!
Reviewed on July 28, 2017

I've been using this product since July 2013. It really works! My skin looks great. I'm so happy with this product.

Not sure if it's 8oz
Reviewed on July 26, 2017

When I took my bp bottle in the light, I could see it wasn't filled up all the way! A bit disappointed:(

The only thing to get rid of my acne permanently.
Reviewed on July 25, 2017

This review is somewhat strange, as I’ve used this regimen before, but it may help those of you who are on the regimen or are about to start the regimen. This is an ‘update of an update’ if you will.

Backstory: All through high school, I had cystic acne. It was mostly hormonal but I would still get breakouts throughout the month as well as clogged pores. My acne made me feel completely insecure because it would form under the skin and would take 2-3 weeks to go down - and then a scar would follow which would last for what seemed like forever. After using just about every topical treatment (never tried internal treatments), I started using the acne.org regimen. The regimen COMPLETELY cleared up my acne for about a year and a half. I didn’t get one breakout during this time. I had a rough couple first months with dry skin, flakiness, and redness, but after about the 4 month mark, I had clear skin. Keep in mind that I only used the acne.org cleanser and the benzoyl peroxide. I trashed the jojoba oil and moisturizer and opted for Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream instead since it was more hydrating (I mixed this 50/50 with acne.org AHA at night). About a year and a half ago, I started esthetician school and would only use the regimen on and off since I was receiving so many facials/peels. I slowly started breaking out again, and about a year ago, my cystic acne came back.

I was still using the regimen during this time. BUT I had incorporated a lot of different products: cleansing oils, toners, etc. I kicked them all out of my routine and started using just the cleanser, BP, AHA, and moisturizer again, but was still breaking out. After a YEAR AND A HALF OF BREAKING OUT, I realized that I was only using a pea sized amount of BP for my entire face when Dan Kern (acne.org owner) recommends TWO FULL PUMPS. I was NOT listening to directions like I had when I first started, and was using too little BP. Keep in mind, I had never used two full pumps of BP, even when I had originally used it. I had used a thick fingertips amount of BP and it had kept me clear.

About a four months ago, I started using the thick fingertip’s amount again. 5 days in, my skin was peeling, red, and dry; just like I had started the regimen all over again. On the acne.org website, Dan says the more BP the better - which I completely agree with. Do I think you need two FULL pumps? No. But find the medium that makes you & and your skin happy and build it up. I, again, see the complete reduction of acne on my skin. Although it's still a bit dry, I can tolerate it for clear skin. My skin is going through the exact same phases that it did when I was in high school and the active breakouts I had on my face have significantly decreased. I’m going to try to keep using the full fingertip’s amount until my skin adjusts to it - then, I will continually build up my skin’s sensitivity to BP. Note that I'm also using the same routine: Morning, I cleanse, use a generous amount of BP, and moisturize with Cetaphil. Night, I cleanse, use a generous amount of BP, and moisturize with 50/50 Cetaphil and AHA.

If you are starting the regimen, this may help you determine why you’re still breaking out or why BP stopped working for you. Dan says that after your skin is acne-free, taper down to however much works for you. HOWEVER, he also says that MOST people require a generous amount of BP to stay clear, so if you are truly acne-prone, keep using as much as you regularly use to keep you clear.

HELP WITH FLAKY SKIN
Reviewed on July 16, 2017

I've been using acne.org for almost 2 months now and is really helping my acne. but my skin is crazy flaky, when i go out it looks like snow of my face, but their is a layer of dead scaly skin on my face. I started using aha and it didn't do much, then i started to get a few painful deep pimples unlike i have ever had before. i said enough is enough so i exfoliated. Should i keep exfoliating or should i just continue with aha because my skin is getting clogged under the dead layer lol thanks.

by ConsciousPier on 07/27/2017 12:45
If your skin is getting dry/ flaky from the regimen you should definitely purchase the jojoba oil and mix it in with the moisturizer. I have dry skin and this has helped me 100%! My skin has improved way above expectation with the acne.org regimen and has become smooth & soft especially when using the jojoba oil
Not for me - Moderate, hormonal, adult acne.
Reviewed on July 5, 2017

I have moderate, adult, hormonal acne. Unfortunately, the Acne.Org Regimen did not work for me. I used it for 6 weeks and noticed no improvement in my skin. I was very excited to try to this treatment after reading/seeing so many positive reviews and am very disappointed to conclude it isn't for me.

I used it as directed, except with less moisturizer than advised because my skin was not drying like most people who use it. My skin was still oily and if I used as much moisturizer as directed, my face was shiny after a couple hours and I was dabbing with paper towels. I did experience the unpleasant burning and itching in the first 3 weeks but it eventually went away. I did not feel like the cleanser did much. After washing with the cleanser, my face felt no different, I didn't feel like it was removing oils, etc. The BP wasn't that bad because my face was used to 10% BP, except I only used 10% BP once a week before I started Acne.org. I also feel that for having no improvements in my skin, it's 100% NOT worth using BP so damaging to my already damaged skin. I did not like the moisturizer, I felt it was too oily for my skin. I will not be purchasing this treatment again or recommending it to anyone.

by SaltyBiscuit on 08/03/2017 03:54
You said using it as directed, means starts only small amount and adding more until 2 full pumps gradually? Maybe for some people, determination required to make the skin clearing up completely. I hated the waiting moment from BP to moisturizer that took me 15 mins each time, twice a day. But yes, we have to do it religiously. Some people clearing up fast, some dont. Hope you dont give up with the situation :) Good luck!
Pretty Redundant
Reviewed on July 5, 2017

Worked first week, then caused breakouts which I thought was purging. But then onto month 2 and I woke up every morning with a new pimple somewhere. Scars and PIE got darker. skin wasn't red at all for me but got flaky with none of the benefits. Maybe just not for me :/

by SaltyBiscuit on 08/03/2017 03:55
Please don't give up! If you use it constantly and as directed, hopefully it might lead to better result any time soon :)
A product that actually works
Reviewed on June 26, 2017

I've been using the benzoyl peroxide for about 2 months now, and I'm as good as clear except from a few zits that occurs here and there. It's truly a miracle worker, and I've become so much more confident now that my skin is clearer. Allready the first week I saw significant improvement! I used the benzoyl peroxide together with a moistirizer and cleanser that was not in the regimen, but it still worked great for me. I really recommend this product!

by MindfulTiler on 07/17/2017 17:44
does it matter what kind of moistirizer it it? I wasnt planning on using acne.org moistirizer.
Best product I've ever used
Reviewed on June 21, 2017

22 y/o male, struggled with acne for 10 years, tried tons of other products and regimens (Tazorac, antibiotics, BPO 6-10% cleansers, Proactiv, Caveman/water-only methods, no shave, etc.). Nothing worked like this -- it is consistent, convenient, easy to use, and non-irritating. Consistency has been the best part -- I have not had to deal with the ups-and-downs of feeling relatively clear one day and then breaking out bad a few days later.

Before starting this product, I struggled with random acne on my forehead, sometimes on the corners of my upper lips and around my cheekbones and jawline, and problem areas on the sides of my chin. I would say that my acne over the past year was moderate -- large, painful ones were not uncommon, though I never had any areas that were consistently covered with spots. Since the start of using this product 4 weeks ago, I have had 2 distinct breakouts that lasted a few days and seemed like old problem areas finally clearing up. Since then, nothing major at all. When I do get a zit, it has been just a single one, with minimal inflammation, that is easy to pop gently and then dries and clears quickly.

I use Acne.org's 2.5% BPO once daily after cleansing with soap in the shower and allowing my face to air dry (no towel). Occasionally, if I have an early AM shower and an evening shower, I do use the treatment twice. I always use just a dab -- more than a pea-sized amount, but not much more. When the BPO has dried, I lightly moisturize. My cleanser is Dove's Sensitive Skin Bar soap; my moisturizer is Olay Complete SPF-15. I shave with Dorco twin-blade razors (very cheap online, non-irritating, close shave). I use Aveeno Therapeutic Shave gel, which smells nice and feels rich and natural. I do not use any products in my hair -- no shampoo, no gel or wax.

I started using this product about 3 and a half weeks before my college graduation, and it was one of the best decisions I've ever made. I woke up on graduation morning, looked in the mirror, and was greeted by clear skin that made me smile at myself like a doofus. One of the biggest challenges in my life that has felt so out of my control for so many years is finally just a minor thing for me. I couldn't be happier.

by PaigeNicole20 on 07/02/2017 22:41
Thank you for your thorough review. So happy for you. I am hoping this can work as well for me
by MindfulTiler on 07/17/2017 17:49
Hi, great review! How is it going now? How is your skin? I want to start using BP but im very scared that my skin will dry out, permanently.
Something finally works!!!
Reviewed on June 21, 2017

I have been using this product for about 4 months now. I purchased the "regimen kit" it come with the cleanser and moisturizer as well. I AM SO HAPPY WITH MY PURCHASE! I have had mild acne my whole life. In the "T-zone" it's not enough to go to a dermatologist, but it is enough to always feel self conscious, and to rarely like pictures of myself. I am (32 years old) a 1st grade teacher and a student said "do you have chicken pox on your face?" I decided that was my last break-out! I was so annoyed that even my student noticed my stupid acne!

Anyways, I don't usually write reviews for things. But I am so happy that my face has finally cleared up! My pores feel tighter. I never suffered from any bad side-effects.

I could feel my pores "getting tighter" after the first use! (I don't know if that's actually what happened but it felt like it). I noticed my face getting clearer about 1-2 months of use. Now, 4 months later My face is clear! If I ever get a zit, it is extremely small, unnoticeable, and only stays for 1-2 days. It usually happens around my monthly cycle, and only on my chin.

Oh! I also recommend watching the short instructional video on this website and following the washing instructions! That has also made a huge difference!

Sorry for the long post. But I am SO HAPPY WITH MY PURCHASE!

Thinking of quitting bp after two months.
Reviewed on June 17, 2017

I've been using this for almost 2months now.. all the whiteheads and blackheads are gone, but there're few cystic acne (big red bumps) started to appear on my face and it's hard to get rid of them although i used generous amount of bp(especially on my forehead).. After they disappear, another new big red bumps reappear. Urghhh so i have to pop it out after seeing its 'head' so it won't grow bigger and bigger. Bp is good for small bumps, but not for big red bumps.

by leahh0805 on 06/19/2017 23:04
have u tried on front neck area? was curious if it irritates
by Strangelady on 07/02/2017 17:19
This happened to me. Just keep doing the regimen. The regimen works and will clear your worst breakouts if you give it time. I took me about 5 months to clear my skin after my cystic acne was just left, but it is so worth it.Also, if you have an apple product there is an app that I used called mdacne (i think. if thats not it just search acne in the app store and something similar should come up). Anyways, it will motion you to pay for something but I just used the feature that tracked your skin and how it looks and it is so good for making you consious about what is going on with you skin and how you are treating it. And, when your skin finally clears, looking back at the old photos makes you feel amazing. Another thing I can recommend (if you arent already) is to buy the acne.org bp instead of using other store bought bp, this made a big difference in my skin. Keep pushing, the acne will go away if you give it time. I send you all my hope.
by SaltyBiscuit on 08/03/2017 03:57
Agree with @strangelady! :)