Acne.org AHA+ (Glycolic Acid - 10%) Reviews

Brand: Acne.org

Acne.org AHA+ (Glycolic Acid - 10%)

Buy now

Caused Breakouts Each Use

This didn't work for me. I introduced it a month into the regiment and it caused a serious breakout in places I've never broken out. I've read that there's a purge period, and some stick it out with great results. But I couldn't do that. Each time I tried it, maybe 3-4 times, I'd wake up with a cluster of new zits. It sucked. I also did not like that this product makes you more sensitive to the sun. Where I live has intense sun rays, and I'm always outside, so I can't afford to increase my sensitivity in that regard. All in all, I believe this product is too harsh. I instead use a manual exfoliant I whipped up myself to get rid of flakes. Doing so has made my skin glow without having to use a product that burns off the top layer of my skin.

Comments

This was the key to my great skin

After suffering with acne for so long this moisturizer and dark spot treatment literally took my skin from clear to perfect and all my really really dark spots are pretty much gone. I suffered with cystic acne all down the side of my face and they left these horrible marks. I literally regained confidence again after using this for about 4 months

Made such a difference

Alright so about a year ago I had severe acne around my jawline and chin area. It got so bad that I went on accutane for 6 months to clear it, although right before I went on it I ordered this product. I never ended up using it since using it with Accutane would completely destroy my skin. Long story short I’ve been off accutane for the last 6 months and my skin was doing fine, I had no breakouts for the whole of those 6 months. Only the occasional pimple here and there. Then about two weeks ago I suddenly started breaking out around my chin, now having been free of acne for so long having this happen to me was really demotivating and stressful. I then remembered that I still had this tube of glycolic acid I bought, at first I was super super sceptical of it. I was concerned that it might make my skin worse and then I might not be able to go back, but in fact the exact opposite happened. I’ve been using it on my breakout (and all over my face mixed with a moisturiser) for the last week and my breakout has completely stopped. The dark spots are fading quickly and my skin overall is just looking healthier. Hopefully it continues to improve (Also I really urge those of you stuggling with acne to cut down on your dairy intake, I realised that as soon as I drink a lot of milk or have a lot of dairy products my skin starts to breakout. Try replacing your milk with almond or coconut milk)

Comments

Just tried on my back. Very very good results!

I started this treatment on 12 July on face and back. Firstly, I had a little break out on my face at the second day so I decided try it just on my back for the moment. I worked perfect! My back was always with acne but in 2 weeks it was cleared. Just some marks but it is smooth and that with 5 weeks. I will try on my face and after at least 6-8 weeks i'll post the results. Thanks!

Comments

Wish I could give negative stars

I started using this product because I had a few dark spots from little bumps that I get in my T zone. This made me breakout on my entire face. Places that I never get acne I started to get acne. I thought it was just the product working and my skin getting used to it so I gave it a full month. I wish I had never used this produt. My face is full of dark spots now. I can’t go anywhere without makeup anymore I am so depressed. PS. I have used a different brand glycolic acid before and it was amazing to my skin which is why I gave this one a try since it is such a large amount. Worst mistake ever will never buy again

Holy Grail

I've been using the regimen for a year now. When I say I have tried every damn thing on the market. From doctors to expensive over the counter items. I didn't believe this would work even after seeing the Youtube videos. In my mind, these products were too affordable to actually work but I was wrong. I had severe cystic acne that whether I popped them or not they left a dark mark on my face. I was using a clarisonic for about 3 months and I have always felt like if what I used wasn't rough on my face it wouldn't get rid of my acne. Long story short, I came on this site from hearing about it on youtube and did some research and I read that the the clarisonic was making my acne worst. I ordered the 3 step regimen and I didn't see much of a difference in the first couple of days but 1 week went by and my face started severely peeling and that's when I knew I was on to something good. I still used makeup to cover the scars. I also went from using my clarisonic every day to only once a week to get rid of the peeling skin and one month later my face started looking much better. It has been 1 year and 4 months and I've got very very faint marks from recent acne but it has been a complete 360!!! I also just recommended the Glycolic Acid to my aunt who got burned from laser removal and it's been 2 months and she can't believe the results. No doctor could do for her what acne.org did! You guys rock!

Pimples again

I just introduced after a month using the basic regimen it but I'm getting a lot of break outs. Why is it?

every time ive tried this or gave some one a sample to try it they have broke out like crazy
youre most likely purging, which is a natural process of skin healing after introducing an AHA

AHA treatment

I combine this with my benzoyl peroxide when applying to my skin and leave it over night on acne prone skin and it works wonders!! Usually gets rid of all the bacteria causing me to break out and its gentle enough for my skin. Love it.

Back and Butt

Works really great for back and butt acne, for my face I only use it as a spot treatment as I found it made my face really oily.

Comments

the treatment is to clear, AHA is to perfect. perfectly said.

If you've never used an AHA before, your skin will purge for the first 2-3 weeks. But adding it to the regimen, it's insane. I have never gotten so many compliments on my skin. Not only is it clear, but it is glowy and beautiful. Everytime I wake up after using it, i feel as if my skin is just 10x better than it was when i went to sleep. It's magic in a bottle.

How long after did you add the AHA into your regimen?
wait a month then add it in
how many times do you use it per week?

AMAZING

I've been using glycol acid with my bp for a little over a month and my skin is doing so much better! I had HORRIBLE red acne marks that would not go away; I used everything under the sun and this is the only thing that is finally fading these marks! The entire regimen is honestly amazing. I've been using acne.org for two months and I can't believe how quickly it is clearing my skin

Where did you buy glycolic acid?
you should try sunday riley bha acid...i find it works wonders

Question about glycolic acid moisturizer

Just a question... we purchased the regimen for my daughter and her skin is looking AMAZING!!! We are adding in the glycolic acid to fade post red marks, and I want to know if it is recommended to do the regimen, benzoyl peroxide treatment and all, and then replace the moisturizer with the glycolic moisturizer or do we leave out the benzoyl peroxide treatment on the days that we tray with the glycolic?? I’m pretty sure I read that you treat, let it dry, and then apply the glycolic acid moisturizer. I just want to confirm woh others who have used the product because right now it has done a remarkable job on clearing up!! Thanks

There are good instructions somewhere on this site about how to use the AHA. You should always apply it after BP either mix it 50/50 with your moisturizer every night or without moisturizer every 2nd or 3rd night.
In the beginning, I used the AHA every other night and now I use it every night after cleansing. If I sense a breakout coming on I wash my face, apply BP and allow to dry, then apply AHA. The AHA may tingle and sting a bit but don't worry. It has licorice root, which is soothing. I have never had any irritation from it. Great product!

Say Goodbye to Scarring!

I started using this around 6 months ago. I had just gotten over a period of severe acne, and I had LOTS of acne scarring. I gave this product a try and I started my scars going away like crazy. Unfortunately, at the time, I wasn't using a good enough nightly moisturizer, so this was irritating my skin. After I stopped using it, my skin just didn't look right--it was textured, red, and I noticed my overall complexion was just worse. After I got a new moisturizer and mixed it in with this, I haven't looked back! My skin looks SOOOO much better. I'm in love. Also, Acne.org has gone above and beyond to help me when there were shipping issues with my order, so I love to support such a kind and helpful brand!!!

Amazing for my Hormonal Acne

I've been using Glycolic Acid 10% Lotion. Its not abrasive, it dries pimples and prevents break outs. I had mild to moderacte acne. My skin is fantastic.

Excellent Product

I looove this product. I was dealing with an awful bout of adult acne and in the 3 weeks that i have been using it i have seen a marked improvement on my skin. the marks are definitely fading. and it does amazing work on new pimples. I just apply the benzoyl and let it dry then add this after - it gets rid of the pimple super fast!

Comments

It will improve your skin, but...

at the cost of sensitivity. There's just no getting around that the glycolic acid feels like a peel, even if you only use a small amount. The cost/benefit is something you personally have to figure out. This did improve the look of my dark spots/scars, but minimally. The thing about all of these skin products, I'm thinking that one has to have an exit plan. Otherwise you are using them the rest of your life. Which is exactly the way they want it. To be sure, Dan is the most honest of the bunch, but still, I'm trying to get away from all of these products and learn to accept my skin.

Buyer Beware — Can cause Perioral Dermatitis

Use caution with this product. Several months into using this product line I developed a rash under both my eyes, left side of my lip, and jawline. It took me 3 dermatologist appointments and a skin biopsy to determine this lotion caused me allergic/contact dermatitis. See the pictures in my profile for proof. I contacted Acne.org this morning and they stated they would not issue me a refund. Then they removed my original review of this product. Reposting my review for transparency and to warn others struggling with acne and skin irritation.

Thanks for re-posting and that's despicable that they removed your comment to protect their products. We SUFFER with acne and this site is supposed to help with that,not to mention the amount of money that's spent;wow.
Really?
Yes Malkin...take caution :(

Buyer Beware -- Can Cause Perioral Dermatitis

I would strongly caution anyone from using this product. I used Acne.org AHA 10% for 6 months (in conjunction with their acne regimen) and out of the blue I got a red and flaky rash under both my eyes and the corner of my lip. I spent 3 months going to specialty dermatologist appointments (including getting a skin biopsy under my eye and multiple antibiotic rounds and prescription skin creams) to figure out the cause. The dermatologist determined I had some sort of contact or allergic dermatitis and I stopped using all my face products. Upon using this product after my face completely cleared - my rash returned. The dermatologist ultimately determined this product directly caused my perioral dermatitis and put me back on steroid creams to clear it back up again. Customer service also refused to refund my money, stating: "Unfortunately, even if you do return these orders to us, we can no longer issue a refund on your order since it has already been past our 60 day return policy. We do mention this on our site." Look at my gallery for progress photos.

Wasn't it a error mixing both treatments?
Hello, I am sorry this happened to you, I hope you will find a long term solution soon... I have one question tho ( so I don't make the same mistake )  Did you apply the regimen ( or the AHA alone ) right under your eyes ? It looks so close from your mouth/ eyes that I am surprised that you put it in such sensitive zones.  Thank you and good luck  ​​​​​​​Mona
This website says that after using BPO for a time that you can use the 10% AHA also in order to diminish the acne scarring. I followed the instructions to a T and this is what happened to me. No, I did not apply it right under my eyes.

Breaking out!!!

I have been on the regime for about 4 months and i purchased the AHA. However, i have tried using it 3 times and each time i try and use it i break out. Not just one break out but all over. help!

Comments

Best treatment for acne I've ever used

I absolutely love this product. I have adult acne and have never before found a treatment that works for me. My skin is extremely sensitive and I cannot use benzoyl peroxide at all (not even tiny bits), but this calms my skin and treats my acne very effectively on its own. I use it quite sparingly in place of BP in the regimen, and could not be happier with the result. I started using it about two years ago and saw a gradual improvement over around a year, until I was finally acne-free. I've stayed virtually acne-free ever since - unless I stop using it, then my acne comes back so I know it's working! It's done wonders for my scars too. Cannot recommend highly enough.

Don't give up!!!!

I am a veteran at the acne care regimen. I developed acne 2 1/2 years ago when I was pregnant with my son. It was my first time ever getting acne in my life. I thought my acne would disappear once I had my son, but it continued to get worse and worse. I tried different products and my face looked awful. The acne left behind dark spots and my self esteem went down. My face is very oily !!!One day while doing research, I came across this regimen. The benzoyl peroxide did wonders to my face. It is important to know that even though I have oily skin it is still extremely important to moisturize. Now after 2 1/2 years I decided to try the AHA glycolic acid. I hope it improves my skin even more. I still get breakouts from time to time, especially when I stray away from the regimen, but for the most part my skin looks beautiful. I hope one day I will eventually outgrow acne, being that I'm 28 years old and been dealing with it for years. Thank God for the acne regimen !!!!!

HELP HELP!

I was prescribed a BP 3 months ago from my doctor and it just ran out so i ordered the Acne.org regimen and have been using it for a week now. Would it be fine for me to add in the AHA now since I've used BP previous????? or should i wait until I've used the regimen for a month??!!

When can i start

I have been on the regime for about three weeks now. Can i start using the AHA+ or do i HAVE to wait the full 4 weeks?

Breaking out

Hi, I've started using AHA after 2months of using the acne regime. My face started to clear up and I didn't have any breakouts just scars around my chin/cheeks and forehead. Since using the AHA I've started to breakout and get pigmentation around those areas. Is this normal and should I discontinue the product?

Amazing

I'm not really one for reviews, but i had too for this one. I've tried sooo many products in hopes of my acne scars fading and nothing has worked liked this one! Within ONE week i've seen drastic change and i can't wait to see what my skin will look like in a few more !!

what concentration did you use for glycolic acid?

Popular Over-the-counter treatments