x

Acne.org AHA+ (Glycolic Acid - 10%) reviews

4.4/5 - 393 reviews

Brand: Acne.org

Acne.org AHA+ (Glycolic Acid - 10%)

6 oz. AHA+ (10% Glycolic Acid + Licochalcone)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
16 oz. AHA+ (10% Glycolic Acid + Licochalcone)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
3.4 oz. AHA+ (10% Glycolic Acid + Licochalcone)

Excellent Product
Reviewed on January 12, 2018

I looove this product. I was dealing with an awful bout of adult acne and in the 3 weeks that i have been using it i have seen a marked improvement on my skin. the marks are definitely fading. and it does amazing work on new pimples. I just apply the benzoyl and let it dry then add this after - it gets rid of the pimple super fast!

It will improve your skin, but...
Reviewed on December 20, 2017

at the cost of sensitivity. There's just no getting around that the glycolic acid feels like a peel, even if you only use a small amount.

The cost/benefit is something you personally have to figure out. This did improve the look of my dark spots/scars, but minimally. The thing about all of these skin products, I'm thinking that one has to have an exit plan. Otherwise you are using them the rest of your life. Which is exactly the way they want it.

To be sure, Dan is the most honest of the bunch, but still, I'm trying to get away from all of these products and learn to accept my skin.

Buyer Beware — Can cause Perioral Dermatitis
Reviewed on November 28, 2017

Use caution with this product. Several months into using this product line I developed a rash under both my eyes, left side of my lip, and jawline. It took me 3 dermatologist appointments and a skin biopsy to determine this lotion caused me allergic/contact dermatitis.

See the pictures in my profile for proof.

I contacted Acne.org this morning and they stated they would not issue me a refund. Then they removed my original review of this product. Reposting my review for transparency and to warn others struggling with acne and skin irritation.

by ClassicSpot on 11/30/2017 15:52
Thanks for re-posting and that's despicable that they removed your comment to protect their products. We SUFFER with acne and this site is supposed to help with that,not to mention the amount of money that's spent;wow.
by Malkin on 12/21/2017 06:55
Really?
by CalamityCase on 12/22/2017 00:43
Yes Malkin...take caution :(
Breaking out!!!
Reviewed on November 25, 2017

I have been on the regime for about 4 months and i purchased the AHA. However, i have tried using it 3 times and each time i try and use it i break out. Not just one break out but all over. help!

Best treatment for acne I've ever used
Reviewed on November 12, 2017

I absolutely love this product. I have adult acne and have never before found a treatment that works for me. My skin is extremely sensitive and I cannot use benzoyl peroxide at all (not even tiny bits), but this calms my skin and treats my acne very effectively on its own. I use it quite sparingly in place of BP in the regimen, and could not be happier with the result. I started using it about two years ago and saw a gradual improvement over around a year, until I was finally acne-free. I've stayed virtually acne-free ever since - unless I stop using it, then my acne comes back so I know it's working! It's done wonders for my scars too. Cannot recommend highly enough.

Don't give up!!!!
Reviewed on November 9, 2017

I am a veteran at the acne care regimen. I developed acne 2 1/2 years ago when I was pregnant with my son. It was my first time ever getting acne in my life. I thought my acne would disappear once I had my son, but it continued to get worse and worse. I tried different products and my face looked awful. The acne left behind dark spots and my self esteem went down. My face is very oily !!!One day while doing research, I came across this regimen. The benzoyl peroxide did wonders to my face. It is important to know that even though I have oily skin it is still extremely important to moisturize. Now after 2 1/2 years I decided to try the AHA glycolic acid. I hope it improves my skin even more. I still get breakouts from time to time, especially when I stray away from the regimen, but for the most part my skin looks beautiful. I hope one day I will eventually outgrow acne, being that I'm 28 years old and been dealing with it for years. Thank God for the acne regimen !!!!!

When can i start
Reviewed on August 28, 2017

I have been on the regime for about three weeks now. Can i start using the AHA+ or do i HAVE to wait the full 4 weeks?

Breaking out
Reviewed on August 22, 2017

Hi,

I've started using AHA after 2months of using the acne regime. My face started to clear up and I didn't have any breakouts just scars around my chin/cheeks and forehead. Since using the AHA I've started to breakout and get pigmentation around those areas. Is this normal and should I discontinue the product?

Amazing
Reviewed on August 7, 2017

I'm not really one for reviews, but i had too for this one. I've tried sooo many products in hopes of my acne scars fading and nothing has worked liked this one! Within ONE week i've seen drastic change and i can't wait to see what my skin will look like in a few more !!

I NEED HELP ASAP
Reviewed on August 6, 2017

So i've been on the regimen for a month and it cleared up my skin completely except for my scars. I decided to try the AHA glycolic acid but it burns my skin so much. I don't have sensitive skin so i'm really confused why this is happening. When i apply the product it's fine for 2 mins and then starts burning and makes me turn red. Plus if i rub my face stuff comes off but i'm not sure if it's built up product or dead skin. I really need this product to work so it can help my scars so if anyone knows how to help the burning please tell me I can't go on like this much longer.

by PaleWreck on 08/15/2017 18:19
every persons skin is different. Generally speaking the waiting time until one should start using AHA is one month. However, in your case your skin may not be fully used to the benzoyl peroxide yet, which is why it burns your skin when you apply AHA onto. You may have to wait a bit longer until you can fully start using AHA. Another possibility is that you may need to wait a longer time after cleansing your skin at night to then apply the AHA. If you are currently using AHA 2-3 times every week you can also dilute that by using 1/2 pump of AHA and 1/2 pump of moisturizer at night. This way your skin can slowly start getting accustomed to the AHA before you slowly transition into using the AHA at its full strength. Hopefully, this tips will help you. Also, I highly suggest that you do NOT rub your skin as that causes further irritation can be a reason as to why your skin burns. If you are struggling with very dry skin you can either apply more moisturizer or buy the jojoba oil and mix 5-6 drops of it into your moisturizer for your nightly routine. the "stuff" that falls off your face is most likely dead skin which is due to dryness.

Powerful. Proprietary. Proven.
  • Powerfully effective
  • Pharmaceutical grade
  • Guaranteed effective
  • Doctor/Dermatologist recommended
  • Used in acne clicnics worldwide
  • 100% non-comedogenic
  • Fragrance-free & dye-free
  • pH balanced
  • Scientifically formulated for acne-prone skin
  • Developed by the experts at Acne.org