Acne.org AHA+ (Glycolic Acid - 10%) Reviews

Brand: Acne.org

Acne.org AHA+ (Glycolic Acid - 10%)

Buy now

AHA treatment

I combine this with my benzoyl peroxide when applying to my skin and leave it over night on acne prone skin and it works wonders!! Usually gets rid of all the bacteria causing me to break out and its gentle enough for my skin. Love it.

Comments

the treatment is to clear, AHA is to perfect. perfectly said.

If you've never used an AHA before, your skin will purge for the first 2-3 weeks. But adding it to the regimen, it's insane. I have never gotten so many compliments on my skin. Not only is it clear, but it is glowy and beautiful. Everytime I wake up after using it, i feel as if my skin is just 10x better than it was when i went to sleep. It's magic in a bottle.

How long after did you add the AHA into your regimen?
wait a month then add it in

AMAZING

I've been using glycol acid with my bp for a little over a month and my skin is doing so much better! I had HORRIBLE red acne marks that would not go away; I used everything under the sun and this is the only thing that is finally fading these marks! The entire regimen is honestly amazing. I've been using acne.org for two months and I can't believe how quickly it is clearing my skin

Comments

Question about glycolic acid moisturizer

Just a question... we purchased the regimen for my daughter and her skin is looking AMAZING!!! We are adding in the glycolic acid to fade post red marks, and I want to know if it is recommended to do the regimen, benzoyl peroxide treatment and all, and then replace the moisturizer with the glycolic moisturizer or do we leave out the benzoyl peroxide treatment on the days that we tray with the glycolic?? I’m pretty sure I read that you treat, let it dry, and then apply the glycolic acid moisturizer. I just want to confirm woh others who have used the product because right now it has done a remarkable job on clearing up!! Thanks

There are good instructions somewhere on this site about how to use the AHA. You should always apply it after BP either mix it 50/50 with your moisturizer every night or without moisturizer every 2nd or 3rd night.

Say Goodbye to Scarring!

I started using this around 6 months ago. I had just gotten over a period of severe acne, and I had LOTS of acne scarring. I gave this product a try and I started my scars going away like crazy. Unfortunately, at the time, I wasn't using a good enough nightly moisturizer, so this was irritating my skin. After I stopped using it, my skin just didn't look right--it was textured, red, and I noticed my overall complexion was just worse. After I got a new moisturizer and mixed it in with this, I haven't looked back! My skin looks SOOOO much better. I'm in love. Also, Acne.org has gone above and beyond to help me when there were shipping issues with my order, so I love to support such a kind and helpful brand!!!

Excellent Product

I looove this product. I was dealing with an awful bout of adult acne and in the 3 weeks that i have been using it i have seen a marked improvement on my skin. the marks are definitely fading. and it does amazing work on new pimples. I just apply the benzoyl and let it dry then add this after - it gets rid of the pimple super fast!

Comments

It will improve your skin, but...

at the cost of sensitivity. There's just no getting around that the glycolic acid feels like a peel, even if you only use a small amount. The cost/benefit is something you personally have to figure out. This did improve the look of my dark spots/scars, but minimally. The thing about all of these skin products, I'm thinking that one has to have an exit plan. Otherwise you are using them the rest of your life. Which is exactly the way they want it. To be sure, Dan is the most honest of the bunch, but still, I'm trying to get away from all of these products and learn to accept my skin.

Buyer Beware — Can cause Perioral Dermatitis

Use caution with this product. Several months into using this product line I developed a rash under both my eyes, left side of my lip, and jawline. It took me 3 dermatologist appointments and a skin biopsy to determine this lotion caused me allergic/contact dermatitis. See the pictures in my profile for proof. I contacted Acne.org this morning and they stated they would not issue me a refund. Then they removed my original review of this product. Reposting my review for transparency and to warn others struggling with acne and skin irritation.

Thanks for re-posting and that's despicable that they removed your comment to protect their products. We SUFFER with acne and this site is supposed to help with that,not to mention the amount of money that's spent;wow.
Really?
Yes Malkin...take caution :(

Buyer Beware -- Can Cause Perioral Dermatitis

I would strongly caution anyone from using this product. I used Acne.org AHA 10% for 6 months (in conjunction with their acne regimen) and out of the blue I got a red and flaky rash under both my eyes and the corner of my lip. I spent 3 months going to specialty dermatologist appointments (including getting a skin biopsy under my eye and multiple antibiotic rounds and prescription skin creams) to figure out the cause. The dermatologist determined I had some sort of contact or allergic dermatitis and I stopped using all my face products. Upon using this product after my face completely cleared - my rash returned. The dermatologist ultimately determined this product directly caused my perioral dermatitis and put me back on steroid creams to clear it back up again. Customer service also refused to refund my money, stating: "Unfortunately, even if you do return these orders to us, we can no longer issue a refund on your order since it has already been past our 60 day return policy. We do mention this on our site." Look at my gallery for progress photos.

Wasn't it a error mixing both treatments?
Hello, I am sorry this happened to you, I hope you will find a long term solution soon... I have one question tho ( so I don't make the same mistake )  Did you apply the regimen ( or the AHA alone ) right under your eyes ? It looks so close from your mouth/ eyes that I am surprised that you put it in such sensitive zones.  Thank you and good luck  ​​​​​​​Mona

Best treatment for acne I've ever used

I absolutely love this product. I have adult acne and have never before found a treatment that works for me. My skin is extremely sensitive and I cannot use benzoyl peroxide at all (not even tiny bits), but this calms my skin and treats my acne very effectively on its own. I use it quite sparingly in place of BP in the regimen, and could not be happier with the result. I started using it about two years ago and saw a gradual improvement over around a year, until I was finally acne-free. I've stayed virtually acne-free ever since - unless I stop using it, then my acne comes back so I know it's working! It's done wonders for my scars too. Cannot recommend highly enough.

Don't give up!!!!

I am a veteran at the acne care regimen. I developed acne 2 1/2 years ago when I was pregnant with my son. It was my first time ever getting acne in my life. I thought my acne would disappear once I had my son, but it continued to get worse and worse. I tried different products and my face looked awful. The acne left behind dark spots and my self esteem went down. My face is very oily !!!One day while doing research, I came across this regimen. The benzoyl peroxide did wonders to my face. It is important to know that even though I have oily skin it is still extremely important to moisturize. Now after 2 1/2 years I decided to try the AHA glycolic acid. I hope it improves my skin even more. I still get breakouts from time to time, especially when I stray away from the regimen, but for the most part my skin looks beautiful. I hope one day I will eventually outgrow acne, being that I'm 28 years old and been dealing with it for years. Thank God for the acne regimen !!!!!

HELP HELP!

I was prescribed a BP 3 months ago from my doctor and it just ran out so i ordered the Acne.org regimen and have been using it for a week now. Would it be fine for me to add in the AHA now since I've used BP previous????? or should i wait until I've used the regimen for a month??!!

Breaking out

Hi, I've started using AHA after 2months of using the acne regime. My face started to clear up and I didn't have any breakouts just scars around my chin/cheeks and forehead. Since using the AHA I've started to breakout and get pigmentation around those areas. Is this normal and should I discontinue the product?

Amazing

I'm not really one for reviews, but i had too for this one. I've tried sooo many products in hopes of my acne scars fading and nothing has worked liked this one! Within ONE week i've seen drastic change and i can't wait to see what my skin will look like in a few more !!

what concentration did you use for glycolic acid?

I NEED HELP ASAP

So i've been on the regimen for a month and it cleared up my skin completely except for my scars. I decided to try the AHA glycolic acid but it burns my skin so much. I don't have sensitive skin so i'm really confused why this is happening. When i apply the product it's fine for 2 mins and then starts burning and makes me turn red. Plus if i rub my face stuff comes off but i'm not sure if it's built up product or dead skin. I really need this product to work so it can help my scars so if anyone knows how to help the burning please tell me I can't go on like this much longer.

every persons skin is different. Generally speaking the waiting time until one should start using AHA is one month. However, in your case your skin may not be fully used to the benzoyl peroxide yet, which is why it burns your skin when you apply AHA onto. You may have to wait a bit longer until you can fully start using AHA. Another possibility is that you may need to wait a longer time after cleansing your skin at night to then apply the AHA. If you are currently using AHA 2-3 times every week you can also dilute that by using 1/2 pump of AHA and 1/2 pump of moisturizer at night. This way your skin can slowly start getting accustomed to the AHA before you slowly transition into using the AHA at its full strength. Hopefully, this tips will help you. Also, I highly suggest that you do NOT rub your skin as that causes further irritation can be a reason as to why your skin burns. If you are struggling with very dry skin you can either apply more moisturizer or buy the jojoba oil and mix 5-6 drops of it into your moisturizer for your nightly routine. the "stuff" that falls off your face is most likely dead skin which is due to dryness.

THE BEST

I just want to say that I'm a skin care junkie! I've used everything out there. Expensive brands, drugstore brands, etc. This is the best AHA product I've ever used! Seriously, even if you don't have acne, this product will do wonders for scarring, discoloration, and aging. I will definitely continue to buy this product!

Comments

Is it suppose to break you out before it starts to work ?

I been on the regimen for about a month and just started using the aha+, and the first 2 night of using it I had a new breakout .? I just felt like it was back peddling .. and going circles ? HELP FEELING DEFEATED

Aha is suppose to exfoliate your skin meaning the top layer of skin will exfoliate off to expose the new skin underneath. This is normal. Exact same thing is happening to me. Just use the BP when you can, during the day and before the aha it will help. Just wait it out, it will get better
Thank you .. I'll stick out .. feeling hopeful 😌

Question

Hi I just have a question, do I do one full pump of aha + one full pump of moisturizer or is it half a pump of aha + half a pump of moisturizer? A dime size of each? quarter size of each?

Hi, so tonight I used the AHA for the first time. I just did one pump of the moisturizer and one pump of the AHA. It was quite a bit much to my surprise for just one pump of each. If you figured out the correct way, please inform me. Thanks!
if you plan on using AHA every night then it is recommended that you mix 1/2 pump of each AHA and moisturizer. If you are using AHA 2-3 times a week then you are recommended to use AHA on alternate nights at its full strength which I believe is a full pump.

Awesome AHA treatment!

I added this treatment to my regimen about 2.5 months into using the BP. I have reactive, sensitized skin & wondered if this would be too much. It's completely amazing! This completes the regimen by smoothing out the texture of your skin. I use the BP morning & night, everyday. Once I added this in, I use this instead of the BP every 3rd night. I know some people use this layered over the BP but I haven't tried that because the method I'm doing is working. I can't recommend this enough. I get zero irritation from this & couldn't be happier. I am an esthetician & have worked for several medical grade skincare companies & this is the best I've personally used. Simple & effective without the frills that can be irritating to some people.

That's what I was thinking of doing I really just wanted to use glycolic acid alone one or more nights a week. Awesome to hear that's working for you:)

Wonderful Product!

Update review after 1.5 month using AHA: I can say nothing else but thanks! I got sooo many compliments from my friends, they said my skin not only clearing up but also radiant! I am very happy with the result, and whenever I got new bump(s), I just gave small dot of AHA and it will be calmer the next morning. Highly recommend this product, but SPF is required because your skin might be sensitive by it. ============================================================== I am with the regimen 2.5 months now and decided to use AHA on the 5th week. Before using the product, I read reviews and Dan's videos just to make my decision of buying AHA is legit. lol. So I orderd my second regimen set along with AHA, because the shipping is so expensive. (cry). I have been using it for almost 3 weeks now and found that my skin is getting softer and brighter. I still have small breakouts, but if I applied AHA immediately, it will recover fast too! MAGIC! First time using AHA, it stung a bit and my face gets a bit red. But it disappear in the morning. I also notice that my face easily gets to red if my skin exposed to the sun too long. But yes, just use the SPF (i am using neutrogena clear skin SPF 55) before you go out the house. So far I am liking it, and hoping for the best result in the next few months! Thanks, AcneOrg!

Popular Over-the-counter treatments