x

20 Mule Team Borax reviews

Brand: 20 Mule Team

20 Mule Team Borax

99.5% Pure Borax, 0.5% Trace Minerals.

Halina, Delaware
Reviewed on September 15, 2012

After one month, I'm still undecided in this. My cystic acne has improved a bit, but not as dramatically as I'd hoped.

I started off trying to use the sodium borate with water in my hand to make a scrub. OUCH. That didn't feel so hot. Way too abrasive.

I settled on creating my own mixture of sodium borate, glycerin, jojoba oil, and some tea tree oil in a glass bottle with a lid. Did I measure stuff out? No, but I did about half and half of jojoba and glycerin to start....then, I added a few drops of tea tree. Then, in a separate bowl, I mixed the borax with water (as much borax as would dissolve in as little water as possible). Added this to the mix.

It makes my face quite soft, which is great. Still nsure about acne reduction, though. Still worth a try at only $4! And you'll get a ten-year supply, too. The box is gigantic.

Also, bonus: if it doesn't help your acne, use it in your washing machine for ultra-soft laundry.

Halina, Delaware
Reviewed on August 3, 2012

I just used this for the first time...and I'm leaving a review only because there were NO other reviews for this! I'll report back in a week, too.

The stuff is cheap, although it admittedly feels a little weird buying something from the laundry aisle for my face. That said, it was only $4 for a gigantic box that should last me about a year.

I mixed the Borax with water in my hand and applied it to my face. I couldn't scrub with it because it felt too harsh and abrasive. I left it on for about twenty seconds and then rinsed.

So far, I can say this: it doesn't burn and my skin is pretty soft after using it.

Powerful. Proprietary. Proven.
  • Powerfully effective
  • Pharmaceutical grade
  • Guaranteed effective
  • Doctor/Dermatologist recommended
  • Used in acne clicnics worldwide
  • 100% non-comedogenic
  • Fragrance-free & dye-free
  • pH balanced
  • Scientifically formulated for acne-prone skin
  • Developed by the experts at Acne.org