Page 4 of Zinc reviews

4.2/5 - 401 reviews

Zinc

Didn't work for me :-(
Reviewed on June 7, 2013

I began taking 25mg of chelated zinc gluconate for nearly two months & saw no difference in the improvement of my skin. I wanted it to help some of the back/chest acne I have after coming off the pill as it supposedly balances hormones, but I didn't want to take excessive amounts - unsure whether I should have taken 2 a day or it just wasn't effective for my hormonal skin?!

Worse time of my life
Reviewed on June 2, 2013

Broke out in places that I didnt had before using this for a few months. Made me very weak and sick. Large quarter sized bumps drooling off my face because of zinc. Zinc was bad for my skin and ruined skin more.

Reviewed on May 24, 2013

I tried everything under the sun to get my adult-onset acne under control. I even spent upwards of $500 on dermatologist visits, etc. The antibiotics helped a lot, I admit, but never fully cleared things up. I researched and researched, then finally decided to give something so simple a try and boy was it worth it! Keep in mind, zinc isn't an overnight solution, but I've been taking it for about two months now every other day and my face is totally acne free. I went from 20 or so comedones at a time to getting maybe 1 a week that usually heals pretty quickly. I say that anyone with acne should give zinc a try, especially since it's cheap! Always take it with food; otherwise, you'll get super queasy.

Reviewed on April 27, 2013

I recently turned 33, and I HAD severe acne. Cystic all along my jaw from hormonal imbalance, and all the other smaller Acne. I tried everything except Accutane. I started taking zinc, and two months later I have no acne, and the marks are going away beautifully. Do your research. Can cause copper deficiency, and nausea. So worth trying!

Reviewed on April 21, 2013

You must use zinc chelated. this has cleared me 95%. it works! if you do not use it then you will keep getting acne. i am sure it will not work for everyone. i have tried 20 different products and this is the only one that has worked. i take 15 mg 3 times a day. so 45! this will clear your acne 100%. it is all about how much you take! take more if you are not clear. the more you take the more clear you get. seriusly. i took 30mg but now i take 45 and i am finally clear.

Reviewed on April 14, 2013

I have been taking 50mg a day for about a month and have noticed little changes. It helps but isnt a cure so be patient. You may have to take more than the reccommended amount as well... which can be harmful.

Reviewed on April 9, 2013

Overall, Zinc is definitely useful and I recommend it to anyone who is having trouble with their skin. It is cheap, minimal/negligible side effects and has cleared up the cystic acne on my jawline and reduced the redness on some of the existing acne. It has not (yet) been a complete miracle cure but certainly worth the $10 a month for 2 150mg tablets/day to put my one step closer to clear skin.

Reviewed on April 3, 2013

I've had internal problems causing acne for a while. My nails were brittle and splitting and I had plenty of white spots, so I figured zinc had to factor in somewhere. As far as the acne went, all my breakouts have been on my chin, generally starting cystic and painful, and have been there consistent for a few years now. When one pimple cleared up, yet another would show up painful and aching. It didn't matter how much I washed my face or what I used to do so. Clearly hormonal.

I started taking 100 mg of zinc gluconate (two 50 mg pills). About a week after starting that I also started nightly benzoyl peroxide applications to my chin. Together they're clearing it up entirely - the zinc fixing the internal problems, the peroxide killing whatever was on the surface and helping clear up blackheads in the process, a nice bonus. Very relieved this worked. i will likely scale my dose WAY back once the majority of my acne clears up, as I doubt whatever zinc deficiency I have requires the full 100 mg, which I took mostly out of desperation. 50 mg might have worked just as well, I couldn't say, I didn't try it. I'd recommend starting at 50 mg (which I didn't do) and if that doesn't help, up your dose at that point.

Reviewed on March 25, 2013

Since taking zinc for the past few months, I've noticed my skin being clearer and having generally less acne and occasional pimples. I don't think zinc is necessarily a 'miracle' cure for acne, but it definitely helps in some ways. I don't think you should go into it thinking it's going to instantly stop you're acne, just think of it as something extra which will positive towards your skin. By the way, I took 50mg a day.

Reviewed on March 13, 2013

I have been taking 50mg of zinc every day for about two weeks. I had NO idea it would work this fast! My skin is clear and glowing. I can wear tinted moisturizer now instead of heavy foundation, which is even better for my skin! And the oil! It's gone! I suffered from a deiscustingkly oily face before I started taking zinc. Even if it didn't get rid of my zits, I would use it just to reduce my oil!

I have tried so many things. THIS WORKS! And for less than a bottle of face wash!