Overall rating: 3.0 / 5

Average price: $148.92

Brand: Zeno

Most helpful review

By John, NY on 05/15/2008

I am puzzled by the negative zeno reviews on this site (I definitely recommend to others to research reviews on more credible sites). I bought zeno in my doctor’s office and have used it for a little over two months now and have had nothing, but success in treating my pimples. I purchased this for only a few problem areas where I consistently have breakouts. I have very fair skin. Used as directed, every single pimple I have used it on was gone by the next day. I have never used an acne product with such extraordinary results. And it didn’t dry out my skin either. I’m very happy with this product. It is very soothing to use, and comforting to know my pimple will be gone soon..

Pros:
  • Works great and is safe for my fair skin
Cons:
  • None

62 out of 100 people found this review helpful

Zeno Pro Acne Clearing Device with 90 Count Cartridge, Silver
updated: 04/15/2014 23:54 UTC

Member reviews

By on

Glad I bought it- it works!

Pros

• It works! I bought it right before my tenth high school reunion when my acne was flaring up badly. I used it three times a day (on around six different spots on my face) and after two days, my ace looked dramatically better with fewer and less inflamed pimples. It definitely works better on new pimples though.

Cons

• It is a pain to have to keep buying replacement tips, but to me it was well worth the money spent considering the results!
  • moderately severe
  • for a few months
  • $ 90
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

no this product is aweful

Pros

• it looked cool

Cons

• it says light heat treatment but it burnt my skin
  • moderately severe
  • inconsistently
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Works well if used correctly, BUT not a substitute for your normal every day skin care regimen. I use it WITH the acne.org every day skin regimen (I really like this too). And, when I get the occasional spot or two that sneak through, that is when my zeno takes over. A nice alternative for when good hygiene does not work.

Pros

• Works. Less reoccurrances of pimples in treated areas. Like the new lower priced Hotspot. Great price at $40.

Cons

• Not a substitute for everyday face cleaning.
  • moderate
  • for about a month
  • $ 40
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

If your out of ideas or only have mild acne its proabably worth a try. If you can't predict when your acne's going to flare up until its already formed a ball beneath you skill then don't bother. It doesn't work well enough for it's cost and the replacement cartridges are expensive.

Pros

• Flattens Cystic acne before it inflames, Stops some milder forms of acne.

Cons

• You have to be able to catch the acne early enough. If you don't it just makes it worse. And even though it does flatten cystic acne and some other types of acne that are further along (not just forming) it causes dark spots to form and discomfort.
  • moderately severe
  • for a few months
  • $ 99
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Bottom line: Dont buy this trash, its hard to keep that thing up for 2.5 minutes on a single point and it is tiring to keep it there. You have to clean the thing every time with alcohol to prevent the spread of bacteria on the metal tip. If you forget just even once, you are just going to give yourself big red swollen pimples. Won't work on most acne, They are vague in telling you if it will work on one pimple and not the other. They usually tell you not to use it in sensitive areas.

I've seen that it is only safe to use it under the chin and neck. Anywhere in the face and you might end up with a red dot for...who knows. PLus its hard to pin point where the undergrown pimple is and even though you can feel it under there...you might be putting it on the wrong place and heating your skin...and you know what heat does to your skin...specially in summer...

Its a Bust.

Pros

• None whatsoever.

Cons

• Spent my money on trash, Heat makes pimple bacteria grow rapidly and makes the pimples even bigger than before. Did i mention it costs a lot, and its not even worth it.
  • moderate
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 130
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

it wont turn on...i've been charging it for over 6hrs ...using diff places to plug in ...the light will not even blink not even once....idk wat the light even look like -.-

Pros

• none

Cons

• i just bought this full rechargebale zeno
  • light
  • for a day or two
  • $ 200
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I am not 100% sold on this yet. I will say it helps with the pain and I think it speeds up the healing time more than anything. I will reccommend it for people with blemishes that come to a head but not for people with cysts because of the scarring risk.

Pros

• Helps make the pain from cysts a little more tolerable. Helps flatten
  • *some* blemishes. Works best when you apply it to something you can feel forming.

Cons

• Price! Especially when you have to buy refill cartridges. Doesn't work on blemishes near the mouth for some reason. One of the blemishes I used it on left a huge indentation scar on the side of my face. Be careful!
  • moderately severe
  • for about a year
  • $ 99
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I hate to admit it, but I honestly tried the good old hot compress (aka sandwich bag) technique..it made the zit feel better, but that was about it (the zit was still there the net day, just not as swollen). Zeno however made a noticeable improvement by the next day..you could hardly see the zit at all. I guess there is definitely something to be said for technology and zits that a hot washcloth can't control..probably the consistency of the heat??? Anyways, I don't care. Zeno works for me and that's all that matters.

Pros

• Affordable, works for my pimples and I'm very happy with the results.

Cons

• Gullable me tried the ineffective sandwich baggy! It doesn't work!
  • moderate
  • for a few months
  • $ 90
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Zeno did not work for me. A gentleman stated putting warm water in a sandwhich bag and it will do just the same. Honestly, I will have to agree with him. I think the aggrivating thing is I chase pimples on a daily basis. I might wake up thinking my skin looks ok by the end of the day there are 5 more zits popping out. I would be using the zeno for hours! Maybe if you have great skin and an occasional zit this will work for you! But at 35 I am suffering with breakouts! Good luck!

Pros

• Feels nice and toasty on your face.

Cons

• Expensive. Did not work for me.
  • moderate
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 140
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I bought the zeno mini for one reason (besides the fact that I knew it worked extremely well on my type of pimples) and that was mainly because I am very forgetful about keeping things charged that are rechargeable as it is. Its hard enough to remember to charge my cell phone. So, the mini version is always ready to go when I need it.

Also, if you DO NOT store the batteries in it, you will have absolutely no problem with it eating batteries and the batteries will last about as long as the tip. Just take the batteries out when you are done using it. Zeno is a really simple and effective nonchemical way to get rid of pimples fast and it is soothing on the skin too. Use it on pimples that are just beginning as directed.

Pros

• If you are one of those that forgets to charge, zeno mini works as well as the rechargeable zeno.

Cons

• Not for those who prefer rechargeable gadgets. Although, I guess you could buy rechargeable batteries for it if you prefer.
  • moderate
  • for a few months
  • $ 89
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.