Page 3 of Zeno Acne Clearing Device reviews

3.1/5 - 167 reviews

Brand: Zeno

Zeno Pro Acne Clearing Device with BONUS Carrring Case!!
updated: 10/21/2014 10:22 UTC

Reviewed on March 14, 2010

I'd reccomend this for those who have the occasional large pimple like me. When first using it I had to take it away from my face for a second before replacing it on my zit because of the heat but I'm sure it's different for everyone.

I'm happy with it, it's like having an extra backup plan in case the daily regimen just isnt enough.

Reviewed on March 9, 2010

Works well if used correctly, BUT not a substitute for your normal every day skin care regimen. I use it WITH the acne.org every day skin regimen (I really like this too). And, when I get the occasional spot or two that sneak through, that is when my zeno takes over. A nice alternative for when good hygiene does not work.

Reviewed on February 4, 2010

Bought this, got rid of one of my breakouts I caught right away so I was happy about that , doenst work on older pimples,cost alot.

Reviewed on February 2, 2010

Zeno hot spot is a waste of money since it doesn't work on my pimples. It may be due to the cheap plastic and design of the zeno hot spot, which differs from the regular zeno.

My sister and friend also bought the zeno hot spots along with me and they had the same issue with the small pimples evolving into cystic acne after use with the zeno. It may be due to the cheap plastic tip placed on the pimple that probably aggravates the site rather than kill the bacteria.

The zeno hot spot is cheaper than the regular zeno due to its smaller design that is made of cheaper plastic. It was difficult to turn on the zeno after 15 uses so it is now rendered broken.

BOTTOM LINE: ZENO hot spot is a waste of money. Better to invest in good cleansers, clarisonic and benzoyl peroxide.

Reviewed on January 30, 2010

I found this device did not work for me. It didn't make my pimples worse or better. I've had the device for over a year now and lately it just sits in the drawer since I've found it is not effective.

Reviewed on January 23, 2010

I bought the Zeno Hot Spot from the site and i am pleased. It cost 49.99 and it is easy to use. If you feel one coming, just put it on there and 2 1/2 minutes later, it's gone. I got one cystic and used it and the swelling went down in a few hours. It seems to be going away completely :). I was on accutane for 5 months and just get an occasional pimple every once in a while. I use the Zeno to zap them!

Reviewed on January 12, 2010

DO NOT USE ALONG WITH STRONG TOPICAL PRODUCTS. I have sensitive skin and when I used Zeno along with prescription Duac, I got a huge and horribly painful chemical burn. The cyst went away, but I'll have a burn mark for year.

Reviewed on December 10, 2009

If your out of ideas or only have mild acne its proabably worth a try. If you can't predict when your acne's going to flare up until its already formed a ball beneath you skill then don't bother. It doesn't work well enough for it's cost and the replacement cartridges are expensive.

Reviewed on December 3, 2009

I have the 'mini' one and use it for nodular acne. After one treatment the zit is usually smaller and less painful. It helps them go away quicker.

Reviewed on December 1, 2009

Bottom line: Dont buy this trash, its hard to keep that thing up for 2.5 minutes on a single point and it is tiring to keep it there. You have to clean the thing every time with alcohol to prevent the spread of bacteria on the metal tip. If you forget just even once, you are just going to give yourself big red swollen pimples. Won't work on most acne, They are vague in telling you if it will work on one pimple and not the other. They usually tell you not to use it in sensitive areas.

I've seen that it is only safe to use it under the chin and neck. Anywhere in the face and you might end up with a red dot for...who knows. PLus its hard to pin point where the undergrown pimple is and even though you can feel it under there...you might be putting it on the wrong place and heating your skin...and you know what heat does to your skin...specially in summer...

Its a Bust.