Zeno Acne Clearing Device

Average price: $117.42

Brand: Zeno

Most helpful review

By Anonymous, portland, OR on 07/25/2010

it worked on my new pimples, but any older than a few days it juts burned or irratated..

Pros:
  • small
  • effective on new pimples
  • it really works!
Cons:
  • burned old pimples
  • doesnt work on old pimples
  • gets really hot

357 out of 598 people found this review helpful

Member reviews

By on

I bought the Zeno Hot Spot from the site and i am pleased. It cost 49.99 and it is easy to use. If you feel one coming, just put it on there and 2 1/2 minutes later, it's gone. I got one cystic and used it and the swelling went down in a few hours. It seems to be going away completely :). I was on accutane for 5 months and just get an occasional pimple every once in a while. I use the Zeno to zap them!

Pros

• Inexpensive (Bought the HOT SPOT)
  • works
  • Not too hot
  • Soothing
  • FAST!

Cons

• Makes area red
  • only 80 uses
  • light
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 49.99
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

DO NOT USE ALONG WITH STRONG TOPICAL PRODUCTS. I have sensitive skin and when I used Zeno along with prescription Duac, I got a huge and horribly painful chemical burn. The cyst went away, but I'll have a burn mark for year.

• for a few months
  • $ 85

By on

I have the 'mini' one and use it for nodular acne. After one treatment the zit is usually smaller and less painful. It helps them go away quicker.

Pros

• Shrinks most zits in just one or two treatments.

Cons

• Expensive, hard to keep it on the zit.
  • moderately severe
  • for about a year
  • $ 60
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

• $ 90

By on

I LOVE my zeno, it has seriously saved my life. Although it says not to use on nodular or cystic acne . . . I did anyways. It has helped mine. It does not work as quickly on this type of acne, understandably, but the best part is the relief from the great pain of the bumps! The little blast of heat has helped numb the bumps greatly for me in the past, I have used it for this purpose several times succesfully.

Every time I have used the zeno for my nodular/cystic acne (to be quite honest, I'm not sure which one it is that I have. I think it is cystic, as the first time I had one I popped it not knowing any better) it has helped, and the bump will be gone in several days, a much shorter time than if I had left it on its own.

Occasionally I will have a bad break out with a lot of bumps, but mostly I just have a lot of small blackheads and whiteheads around my chin, and the nodular/cystic always occur around my chin as well--pretty infrequently, one every month to every three

Pros

• provides relief for painful zits (it numbs them a little bit)

Cons

• at first the heat is a little intense, but you get used to it--it doesn't really hurt its just a tad uncomfortable.
  • moderate
  • for about a year
  • $ 89
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

If you struggle with blemishes that are painful, won't come to a head and take FOREVER to heal on their own, this device seems well worth it to me! I used it this morning on a new blemish that was starting to appear, and about 4 hours later it already feels less painful, less raised, and feels well on its way to recovery! It usually takes me days! I had to share this little miracle worker with other acne sufferers! I'll keep using it in the future and relay the results.

Pros

• Easy to use, and best of all it works!

Cons

• Tips are expensive, but I've noticed that the price on the device has come down recently, so maybe the tips will too?
  • moderate
  • for a day or two
  • $ 65
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I have been using Zeno for 3 days and I find it to be quite effective. I'm going to hold on to it for a few more weeks to be sure. I believe it is a good addition to a good skin regimen. I have struggled with acne for about 7 years and I already use prescriptions and quality products to "control" my breakouts but I think Zeno might be just what I need to help with shortining the life span of the pimples I get on my face. We will see, but I would reccommend trying it. There is a 30 day money back guarantee if it doesnt work.

Pros

• Helps reduce acne

Cons

• Expensive
  • Battery life
  • moderate
  • for a day or two
  • $ 84
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

So far its working but even the replacment cartriges are costly

Pros

• Soothing heat, no messy creams

Cons

• it can scar the area
  • light
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 65
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I had two pimples. I used zeno on one and not the other. Yes, the former pimple subsided quicker compared to the latter. BUT...it left a bigger and redder hyper-pigmentation mark.

My conclusion is that if you have sensitive skin that gets red marks easily after pimples are gone you should probably stay away from zeno or use it when you feel a pimple coming and not on existing pimples or spots that have reoccuring pimples. Overall this technology is under-impressive and there are better spot heat spot treatment now (a new one came out that requires only a 2 second heat i think it's called thermaclear or something)

Pros

• Small

Cons

• have to wait for it to begin, have to press it for a while
  • IT DID LEAVE ME A hyperpigmentation SCAR...but my skin scars easily.
  • moderate
  • for about a week
  • $ 150
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

Not a good product.

Pros

• Nothing really....

Cons

• Didn't work at all for me. Leaves skin hot and red after use (for at least a few hours). Doesn't clear pimples at all, I have used it for 6 months now hoping..... nope. Doesn't do a damn thing, what a waste of money.
  • moderate
  • for a few months
  • $ 99
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.