Zeno Acne Clearing Device reviews

3.1/5 - 167 reviews

Brand: Zeno

waste of money
Reviewed on September 12, 2014

this does absolutely nothing for pimples , you can use a hot rag that gets hot and apply that to your face instead of this ...you need to unclog the infected pore because if you don't it will just keep getting infected

Nope
Reviewed on July 31, 2014

Used this religiously for over a year, it does absolutely nothing except leave red circles where you hold it. There's no way it gets hot enough to kill anything

Reviewed on February 17, 2012

I bought this really hoping it would work because I have had acne for a long time. I tried it for a month and nothing happened to improve my acne. My acne is the kind zeno is supposed to work on but all it did was actually burn my skin, leaving a big red sore. Acne has really made my life a lot worse than it had to be, so I nearly cried when it didn't work, and I was too late to return it, so I lost a lot of money too.I almost think that all the praise given by some reviewers is fake and planted by the makers of Zeno.I also think all the thumbs down for the reviews that tell the truth about how lousy this product is looks suspicious. I hate zeno.

Reviewed on January 10, 2012

Glad I bought it- it works!

Reviewed on November 19, 2011

This product will only be useful for sufferers of cystic acne. It will not work for garden-variety whiteheads, blackheads and pustules. The product literature is VERY clear about that, too. It's great for my hormonal acne, which manifests as big red cysts.

The secret to success with this thing is ALL in the timing. You really have to catch the cysts before you can see them. If you've suffered from cystic acne, you know what I mean -- that day (or hours) before it rears up, but you can feel a painful knob beneath the skin and/or start to see some redness. That is the Zeno witching hour! I find that if I zap it then, there's a pretty good chance that sucker will never see the light of day (and if it does, its lifespan is days -- not weeks). Zeno recommends you zap the spot 2-3x/day.

Another reviewer wrote that this is just something else for your toolbox -- couldn't have said it better myself. This isn't a cure, but it's a damn effective treatment!

OK, now the bad:

- The unit itself is pretty pricy, but where they really get you is on the refills. The unit comes with a "tip" that has a set number of uses. Once you hit that limit, it won't work anymore and you must shell out $30 or whatever for a replacement tip/cartridge. If you chew through these quickly, it gets expensive.

- If you don't use it properly, it can leave a TEMPORARY mark. Properly means not smushing it into your face (which I'm totally guilty of) and instead lightly resting it on the pimple. I don't think using it improperly affects the results for better or worse, but the spot will be red for about an hour. Not a big deal if you're chillin at home.

- Each zap takes two-and-a-half minutes. It can be kind of hard to hold it in the right place for that long unless you're looking in the mirror the whole time, which gets boring

All that said, this thing has saved my butt more times than I can count. Well worth it for me, and I have the "my skin respo

Reviewed on April 21, 2011

The Zeno is an all or nothing device in my experience. IF you suffer from the types of zits that don't ever come to a head AND you don't have delicate sensitive skin, the Zeno is a godsend.

It doesn't work for blackheads, whiteheads or pustules. If you have delicate skin, it'll likely just burn you.

I've got relatively thick, oily skin on my face and tend to get these horrible nodules that just linger for weeks. Feels like I have a BB embedded under the skin. After two or three treatments with the Zeno, they are noticeably smaller and fade away within three days. Without the Zeno, it is more like two weeks.

It's definitely not for everyone, but if my description sounds all to familiar, I recommend giving the Zeno a try.

Reviewed on November 30, 2010

This company hias REALLY misrepresented this product...just read the packaging--it did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to 5 pimples in 5 different stages of development. It takes a lot for me to return something to the store, but I returned this piece of crap and got my money back. My sister tried it too and it didnt work for her either--believe me we wanted it to work too!! works on 90% of pimples--HAHAHA--and pigs can fly...stick with a 2% Sal Acid pen...it only costs $6 and ALWAYS works on those BIG honkers!

Reviewed on November 24, 2010

It does not work at all don't waste yor money it is a piece of garbage, even with repeat use on same pimles it does not work.

Reviewed on August 15, 2010

This looks too good to be true, and it is.

Come on, a little beepy device that uses heat to hypnotize your pimples? That's insane