ZAPZYT Maximum Strength 10% Benzoyl Peroxide Acne Treatment Gel reviews

4.3/5 - 113 reviews

Brand: ZAPZYT

Salicylic Acid (2%).

Water (Purified), Disodium EDTA, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Gel, Bioterge AS 40, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glucamate Doe 120, Glydant, Sodium Chloride.

ZAPZYT Maximum Strength 10% Benzoyl Peroxide Acne Treatment Gel - 1 Oz (3 pack)
updated: 11/27/2014 03:16 UTC

Bad for my skin!!
Reviewed on October 14, 2014

It clearly didnt work well on my skin at all because my breakouts grew worse and it was too strong for me. I definitely wouldnt recommend this to people with mild acne.

CAUSES UNATTRACTIVE FACIAL SWELLING!!! Stay away!!!
Reviewed on July 22, 2014

I had used essentially every brand of OTC benzoil peroxide available, and had settled on a personal fave (walmart's equate brand 10% Max strength) when I was forced to give Zapzyt a try a couple of weeks ago. I had a pms-fueled forehead breakout and few sporadic zits on my cheeks and chin, and Walmart was *gasp* out of the Equate kind.

Zapzyt was the next in line for being the cheapest, so I got it. That night, I applied in the usual manner as I would for the other bp creams and went to bed.

The next morning, I woke up to my face feeling itchy. When I got up and took a look in the mirror, I practically jumped back at my reflection. MY EYELIDS, MY UNDEREYES AND MY CHEEKS WERE SO SWOLLEN THAT I LOOKED LIKE A CASTMEMBER OF REAL HOUSEWIVES OF BEVERLY HILLS!!!! Or maybe just a young (super young, I'm under 30) version of Joan Rivers. Not kidding!! The swelling was awful. I looked like I had gotten my face pumped fill of fillers. Catlady of NYC, move aside! GuhROSS!!!

It took two days for the swelling to subside, during which I had to apply ice and popped antihistamine like skittles. And after allllll that, my pimples didn't even decrease in size!!! I wish I were joking.

Definitely do not recommend. Stick to ANY other brand but this. Unless of course....you want to audition to be a Housewife. ;)

Mothers war on daughters self esteem
Reviewed on March 6, 2014

May daughter is 11 years old - the oldest in her 5th grade class, and now the first to experience acne. I have probably spent enough money to afford a week long trip to the Caribbean; but, instead - have opted to invest in my daughters self esteem. She was in my opinion, one of the most well-liked girls in her class - UNTIL she had her breakout (acne breakout) - in my daughters eyes - this ruined her life, and in my eyes it ruined her self image. We tried everything we could think of; but, it was not until we started using zapzyt that we noticed an extreme improvement in her complexion. I know firsthand all products were used properly and as recommended - because I was the one applying it (to ensure it was done correctly). In my opinion - you cannot put a price tag on self esteem and we would still be struggling without zapzyt. I am so happy to have my hair tossing, smiling and joking little girl back! As a matter of fact, last night she told me - "Mom, I am starting to like myself again!"

Best medication for your acne!
Reviewed on September 25, 2013

It's been the best product I've ever used to treat my acne with. It's the only thing that's worked for me. I've been using it for about a year and a half. I don't even use a cleanser just water to wash my face. I use this plus a moisturizer. My skin looks great because of zapzyt. This product is amazing I can't recommend it enough! It worked right away for me but for others it may take some time just be patient. Zapzyt never dried out my face that bad as some people say it does..

Reviewed on April 26, 2013

I've been using Zapzyt (with some generic face moisterizer) for not even a week and already my acne is almost completely healed.

That's impressive seeing as I've tried everything out there, including the stupid proactive system and several of its knock-offs...so far the only other sucessful treatment was taking 3 pills a day (which made me sick) combined with 2 different prescription face creams (one of which cost $90 for a three ounce bottle and made my skin boil in sunlight like a pasty vampire) used faithfully for 3+ months before I saw any huge difference.

Quite a difference from the $5 over the counter cream that works twice as well.

Again, make sure you use a good moisterizer too to prevent too much drying.

Reviewed on December 27, 2012

Pretty good overall, cleared up my skin pretty nicely.

by Ashu19 on 03/07/2014 11:12
Hi.... Im so eager to try this product...!Can any1 tel me how to buy online? I tried in ebay n amazon,bt its not takin for bangalore address...! I wanna know if this product is available in bangalore or not? any help will be much appreciated.......... Thanx in advance
Reviewed on August 18, 2012

Be careful if applying it to more than just a tiny spot. I didn't think I had dry skin, and I had a reaction with a lot of redness in swelling. Overall, if it doesn't cause that reaction, the product seemed to work well.

Reviewed on June 21, 2012

Usually don't break out only during my time of the month. Started to use this product and on after the second day there are POSITIVE results.

Unlike all the other product you can think of, it never worked but this did.

Absolutely TWO THUMBS UP.

Make sure you use moisturizer to help with the dryness.

Reviewed on May 21, 2012

I've used ProActiv, Nature's Cure, Sea Breeze, even prescription medicines like Benzaclin and nothing worked. I started using this and saw results within days. I only use it once a day and if my skin gets too dry, I moisturize with lotion, but it's perfect. My acne has gone away mostly and if I do get any pimples (usually around that time of the month) they are much smaller and fewer. NO CYSTIC ACNE anymore! I have spent tons of money on various products and am mad that I wasted it when I could've just spent five bucks on this.

As a side note, Zapzyt also makes a facial scrub. I've trued the scrub on its own and with this product and it never seemed to make a difference, although it does exfoliate a little and smells kind of nice.

One more note: don't put this on before bed unless you're wearing a tanktop and have an old towel over your pillow. It bleaches whatever it touches.

Reviewed on January 19, 2012

I've been using this product 3 days after finally deciding to quit using proactive because it wasn't helping at all. The first day I used zapzyt it made almost all of my acne go away! I wear a lot of makeup on a regular basis so it's good to know there is something that works! I recommend using a moisterizing face wash before applying, it helps with the dry skin.