Page 5 of Yasmin Oral Contraceptives reviews

3.3/5 - 716 reviews

Brand: Yasmin

Active ingredients:
Drospirenone/ethinyl estradiol.

Inactive ingredients (yellow tablets): Lactose monohydrate NF, corn starch NF, pregelatinized starch NF, povidone 25000 NF, magnesium stearate NF, hypromellose USP, macrogol 6000 NF, titanium dioxide USP, talc USP, and ferric oxide pigment, yellow NF.

White inert film-coated tablets
Ingredients:
Lactose monohydrate NF, corn starch NF, povidone 25000 NF, magnesium stearate NF, hypromellose USP, talc USP, and titanium dioxide USP.

Reviewed on January 9, 2012

I've heard some awful things about Yasmin and Yaz on the news - but in my experience - this pill is phenomenal! I am 25, thin, and a non-smoker and this pill does never makes me feel nauseous like past birth controls I have taken have (Zovia).

This is only my second month on Yasmin and my skin is beautifully clear consistently. I did have a pretty bad break out during the second week of the first month of use, but barely a pimple in sight since then. I haven't experienced PMS and my hormones seemed to have balanced out. No mood swings or horrible cramps - it's awesome!

I had pretty bad acne before this pill and now my skin has never looked better. I'm so so happy with Yasmin. Breakthrough bleeding happened my first month of use, but not bad.

I recommend taking your pill at night to reduce side-effects and staying active to keep your blood flowing! Great product overall.

Reviewed on January 8, 2012

I have been on the pill since May/June (now is Jan 2012) and it really helped me. However I want to stop using and see if can control the acne without the pill. One thing I have to say is that because it worked so quickly and previous treatment did not help one bit (eg herbs, antibiotics, healthy diet, exercise, drinking plenty of water, using topical creams). It has restored a certain level of happiness for me because I was so stressed seeing the scars and constant battle with the acne.

Reviewed on December 22, 2011

Great pill, loved it! But the side effects were to hard to handle. If i didn't have the side effects this pill would be a blessing from god!

Reviewed on December 21, 2011

Terrible for the rest of your body. Causes NUMEROUS problems. I had no idea that my birth control could cause me to have galbladder disease at 16 years old. (I'm now 18) Please, do NOT take this birthcontrol. This or yaz. I am currently in a law suit against them for my surgery and hopefully I get it covered. That wasn't cheap! Stay away from this birth control!

Reviewed on December 20, 2011

I ended up with DVT and when I got out of hospital my doctor advised me that this pill was under review in the US. I have been using Yasmin for over 8 years. Obviously I am no longer on it!!!

Reviewed on December 2, 2011

I read these reviews and even though most of them were bad I ignored it. I thought that my body would respond difirently.

Well one week after starting Yasmin I regret ever buying this product. The day after I started the pill I woke up with severe nausea and I vomited several times throughout the day.

My skin changed at first a bit and then some more. My pores enlarged, my skin didn't feel smooth anymore and I stared getting pimples on my forehead and mouth area. The pimples are fairly pink and red so it's hard to cover up with make up. I never had skin problems so this was all new to me.

I am constantly bloated and constipated, I am very skinny and in good shape but I am so bloated that I actually look 5 months pregnant! You can even see it through my shirt.

Some of the above mentioned I can actually bear, but I am going off this pill because of the severe impact it has had on my moods. I literally feel like crying all day long. I am very touchy and sad most of the time, it's pms multiplied by a thousand! And it has trated taking effect on my relationship. Things I would usually laugh at and find funny now irritate me, I get angry in a matter of seconds about the stupidest things. The mood swings are constant and very bad. I feel very depressed and I'm actually a very cheerful person so this is really bad for me. I know you that most who will read this will think I'm exagerating, but I'm really not. I don't even feel like the same person anymore and it's only been a week. Today I am going off Yasmin and I'm not planning on starting again! The side effects are far worse that the symptoms you have with your period. And this supposedly goes on for months before getting better. IF it even does! So girls, I would NOT recomend this at all! It really messes you up!

Reviewed on November 25, 2011

So I got Yasmin right before leaving to college so that I could have clear skin to start off my new life. Unfortunately I did not know that the first 3 months of being on this pill made it worse. As soon as I started taking the pill I started to breakout worse than I have in a long time, and this continued throughout my first month. It was horrible, I had huge cysts around my chin and jawline. The second month my acne became less around my chin but it started spreading to my cheeks and above my lip, it was still really bad. The third month it got a little better but I still had a lot of breakouts all over my face. I have been on my 4th packet for a week now and my acne has magically disappeared! Literally, no breakouts, not even a single pimple. The only problem is that I still have scarring from the previous 3 months but I will take that over breakouts anyday! So it really is true, despite becoming frustrated with the lack of results at first, be persistent! As far as everything else, yes, it did make me gain weight. Luckily most of that has gone to my boobs and butt, I've gotten so many compliments on my boob size! I was pretty much flat chested before and now I am at least a B, possibly C. For the first month or two my boobs were extremely soar and tender but now they aren't.

So, if my acne stays the way it has been for the last week, I would say fighting through those horrible 3 months was definitely worth it.

One side affect is that I am constantly hungry. However, since I have never had a weight problem, the weight gain was actually a benefit since it went to areas in which I was lacking. But if you have a weight problem, I would recommend to stay away. The only side affect that really bugs me is that I am tired all the time. Also, I have not noticed any change in my emotions/moodiness which is great! Also... if you skip taking the white sugar pills and move onto the next pack immediately, you get to to skip your period!

Reviewed on November 21, 2011

i got this pill because i heard that its one of the best,its ment to help your acne clear (my acne was very light, 1/2 pimples) + in some cases make your breast grow (which i loved). i was originally on the microgynon, but came off it because i was not sexually active, then heard about the yasmin pill from a friend. 2 weeks into taking the pill, my skin had broken out horribly! i thought it would only be a short side effect, but it didnt get better, i looked up on how to help clear acne,

my acne has cleared up much better after using a flannel to wash my face day + night along with a antiseptic soap. then i would use bicarbonate of soda (baking soda) after, only at night & leave it there for up to a hour & wash off with cold water( this closes the pores). my best achievement was buying "ultra clear acne cream" on ebay, this product has been used only for 3 days + my skin in much smoother + pimples are shrunk over night. (this is used night and day). my only problem now is the scarring ive got from previous pimples. im on the hunt for a cure :D, i have decided to go back to microgynon when i have finished my 21 days on yasmin.

Reviewed on October 28, 2011

I first started taking Yasmin when I was 18 to clear up acne and so I would have lighter periods. Unfortunately this pill has given me nothing but trouble, as soon as I started taking it I started having horrible mood swings, was overly emotional , crying all the time, angry It was like I was PMSing 24/7! I decided to wait it out and stick with it as my doctor said those were some side effects. Long story short I stopped taking it after being on it for about 2 years and I honestly regret ever going on it. My side effects never went away while I was on it and I was miserable.Birth control pills have been known to cause spider veins and now I have small clusters of spider veins ( keep in mind I'm 20 and spider veins do not

run in my family ) and HORRIBLE cystic acne on my jawline and cheeks. The acne started about a month after I went off of yasmin.. Hopefully this review will help someone and I don't think Yasmin is bad it just didn't work out for me :)

Reviewed on October 23, 2011

So, I just finished my first week of Yasmin and the reason I'm on it is only because of acne. I'm not sexually active, but the reason I put "sex drive" as a pro is because I've been so much hornier lately..so I put 2 and 2 together :) a couple months ago I was on Ocella, and it was my frist time taking birth control. Ocella cleared my skin up! I was always hungry and craved milk, which was weird, but I didn't care because my face was clearing up. Then I stopped for a while, and broke out bad ( P.S. I've had acne ever since I started puberty). So I decided to get on Yasmin because if Ocella worked for me, then Yasmin would do wonders right? Well I've been on it for a week now, and like the second day, I started breaking out :( But now it's the end of my first week and I've noticed it's starting to heal.. My face isn't as oily anymore, and I believe oily skin is PRONE to acne. So if my face isn't oily anymore, my acne should start really clearing up soon :) I'll keep everyone posted!! Mwahs