Page 5 of Yasmin Oral Contraceptives reviews

3.3/5 - 710 reviews

Brand: Yasmin

Active ingredients:
Drospirenone/ethinyl estradiol.

Inactive ingredients (yellow tablets): Lactose monohydrate NF, corn starch NF, pregelatinized starch NF, povidone 25000 NF, magnesium stearate NF, hypromellose USP, macrogol 6000 NF, titanium dioxide USP, talc USP, and ferric oxide pigment, yellow NF.

White inert film-coated tablets
Ingredients:
Lactose monohydrate NF, corn starch NF, povidone 25000 NF, magnesium stearate NF, hypromellose USP, talc USP, and titanium dioxide USP.

Reviewed on December 2, 2011

I read these reviews and even though most of them were bad I ignored it. I thought that my body would respond difirently.

Well one week after starting Yasmin I regret ever buying this product. The day after I started the pill I woke up with severe nausea and I vomited several times throughout the day.

My skin changed at first a bit and then some more. My pores enlarged, my skin didn't feel smooth anymore and I stared getting pimples on my forehead and mouth area. The pimples are fairly pink and red so it's hard to cover up with make up. I never had skin problems so this was all new to me.

I am constantly bloated and constipated, I am very skinny and in good shape but I am so bloated that I actually look 5 months pregnant! You can even see it through my shirt.

Some of the above mentioned I can actually bear, but I am going off this pill because of the severe impact it has had on my moods. I literally feel like crying all day long. I am very touchy and sad most of the time, it's pms multiplied by a thousand! And it has trated taking effect on my relationship. Things I would usually laugh at and find funny now irritate me, I get angry in a matter of seconds about the stupidest things. The mood swings are constant and very bad. I feel very depressed and I'm actually a very cheerful person so this is really bad for me. I know you that most who will read this will think I'm exagerating, but I'm really not. I don't even feel like the same person anymore and it's only been a week. Today I am going off Yasmin and I'm not planning on starting again! The side effects are far worse that the symptoms you have with your period. And this supposedly goes on for months before getting better. IF it even does! So girls, I would NOT recomend this at all! It really messes you up!

Reviewed on November 25, 2011

So I got Yasmin right before leaving to college so that I could have clear skin to start off my new life. Unfortunately I did not know that the first 3 months of being on this pill made it worse. As soon as I started taking the pill I started to breakout worse than I have in a long time, and this continued throughout my first month. It was horrible, I had huge cysts around my chin and jawline. The second month my acne became less around my chin but it started spreading to my cheeks and above my lip, it was still really bad. The third month it got a little better but I still had a lot of breakouts all over my face. I have been on my 4th packet for a week now and my acne has magically disappeared! Literally, no breakouts, not even a single pimple. The only problem is that I still have scarring from the previous 3 months but I will take that over breakouts anyday! So it really is true, despite becoming frustrated with the lack of results at first, be persistent! As far as everything else, yes, it did make me gain weight. Luckily most of that has gone to my boobs and butt, I've gotten so many compliments on my boob size! I was pretty much flat chested before and now I am at least a B, possibly C. For the first month or two my boobs were extremely soar and tender but now they aren't.

So, if my acne stays the way it has been for the last week, I would say fighting through those horrible 3 months was definitely worth it.

One side affect is that I am constantly hungry. However, since I have never had a weight problem, the weight gain was actually a benefit since it went to areas in which I was lacking. But if you have a weight problem, I would recommend to stay away. The only side affect that really bugs me is that I am tired all the time. Also, I have not noticed any change in my emotions/moodiness which is great! Also... if you skip taking the white sugar pills and move onto the next pack immediately, you get to to skip your period!

Reviewed on November 21, 2011

i got this pill because i heard that its one of the best,its ment to help your acne clear (my acne was very light, 1/2 pimples) + in some cases make your breast grow (which i loved). i was originally on the microgynon, but came off it because i was not sexually active, then heard about the yasmin pill from a friend. 2 weeks into taking the pill, my skin had broken out horribly! i thought it would only be a short side effect, but it didnt get better, i looked up on how to help clear acne,

my acne has cleared up much better after using a flannel to wash my face day + night along with a antiseptic soap. then i would use bicarbonate of soda (baking soda) after, only at night & leave it there for up to a hour & wash off with cold water( this closes the pores). my best achievement was buying "ultra clear acne cream" on ebay, this product has been used only for 3 days + my skin in much smoother + pimples are shrunk over night. (this is used night and day). my only problem now is the scarring ive got from previous pimples. im on the hunt for a cure :D, i have decided to go back to microgynon when i have finished my 21 days on yasmin.

Reviewed on October 28, 2011

I first started taking Yasmin when I was 18 to clear up acne and so I would have lighter periods. Unfortunately this pill has given me nothing but trouble, as soon as I started taking it I started having horrible mood swings, was overly emotional , crying all the time, angry It was like I was PMSing 24/7! I decided to wait it out and stick with it as my doctor said those were some side effects. Long story short I stopped taking it after being on it for about 2 years and I honestly regret ever going on it. My side effects never went away while I was on it and I was miserable.Birth control pills have been known to cause spider veins and now I have small clusters of spider veins ( keep in mind I'm 20 and spider veins do not

run in my family ) and HORRIBLE cystic acne on my jawline and cheeks. The acne started about a month after I went off of yasmin.. Hopefully this review will help someone and I don't think Yasmin is bad it just didn't work out for me :)

Reviewed on October 23, 2011

So, I just finished my first week of Yasmin and the reason I'm on it is only because of acne. I'm not sexually active, but the reason I put "sex drive" as a pro is because I've been so much hornier lately..so I put 2 and 2 together :) a couple months ago I was on Ocella, and it was my frist time taking birth control. Ocella cleared my skin up! I was always hungry and craved milk, which was weird, but I didn't care because my face was clearing up. Then I stopped for a while, and broke out bad ( P.S. I've had acne ever since I started puberty). So I decided to get on Yasmin because if Ocella worked for me, then Yasmin would do wonders right? Well I've been on it for a week now, and like the second day, I started breaking out :( But now it's the end of my first week and I've noticed it's starting to heal.. My face isn't as oily anymore, and I believe oily skin is PRONE to acne. So if my face isn't oily anymore, my acne should start really clearing up soon :) I'll keep everyone posted!! Mwahs

Reviewed on September 21, 2011

I suffered from a severe and random outbreak of acne for the last 6 months. Doctors could not diagonose a cause. The experience was traumatizing. I went on yaz to gear up for accutane, the only solution as stated by my doctor. Within the first month my cystic acne cleared completely. I am still dealing with an occasional breakout on my chin but I have yet to finnish my second month.

Reviewed on September 6, 2011

I've used Yasmin on and off for 4 years. Ive come to realize that its the only thing that will keep my skin clear. And it really does. I get maybe 2 zits a month. Yasmin does take about 3 months for your body to get used to it. You are putting synthetic hormones in your body. My initial breakout during the second month was the worst acne I've ever had, but honestly it's totally worth it in the long run. Like I said, Yasmin is the only thing that works for me! Which is why I went back to it after staying off of it for a year.

Reviewed on August 30, 2011

This pill is good as birth control. I've been taking it on and off about 6 months every time, but I feel I can't take it longer than that.

I have lighter periods and get almost no cramps. The good thing is no mood swings, except the day before my period when I feel I hate everything around me...but it goes away the next day.

Although I like the fact that it doesn't cause any mood swings, it does increase my appetite and I gain about 6-10 pounds. When I stop it the weight goes away.

I also feel bloated and heavy all the time and often constipated.

Tiredness - I have to nap at least 2 times a day, which is not great for me because I have a busy schedule, but I just can't stay awake past 10:00 pm on this pill.

It does cause me to retain more water and my legs were really blown up.

I was breaking out around my cheeks and jaw line, but it does go away as does the initial nauseous feeling.

Overall, I like the lack of mood swings, but will be switching to something else as the tiredness and bloating really do bother me.

Reviewed on August 29, 2011

It took about 4 months for my body to fully adjust and respond to this birth control, and my back and face acne got MUCH worse before it got better, but at the start of month 5 I am completely clear (maybe 3 or 4 new blemishes per month now). If you're going to try Yasmin to clear acne, be patient through the adjustment phase and give it at least 5 months.

Reviewed on August 23, 2011

Ladies, I suffered with acne since I was 13. I'm 21 now and the severity of my acne increased over time. I went from having one or two pimples every week. To 6 or 7 every day, without fail. I've used almost everything under the sun: clean & clear (in 2005), proactiv, acne free, baking soda, cetaphil, lemon juice, honey, and different antibiotics. Nothing worked for me.

Few years ago, I found out that I have PCOS - Polycystic Ovarian syndrome. It's a hormonal disorder that causes ovarian cysts with a list of side effects, one of which is acne. Yasmin has been found to be the most effective for this and so with consultation with my endocrinologist, I tried it. I've been using it consistently for about 4 months. My dermatologist also put me on tetracycline, an antibiotic commonly used for acne.

Yasmin & Tetracycline are my acne fighting machines!! Holy crap. My skin has never looked so good! It took about 3 months for my skin to show improvement. I can't tell when last I had a real pimple or cyst! It is absolutely amazing. I've dreamed about having clear skin and now I have it. Even the texture has changed, it's so beautifully smooth and radiant! I would recommend this duo to any girl who has acne. Definitely talk to your doctor about it, cause it worked for me.

I also use Clean and Clear Continuous Control as my daily face wash. That stuff is the truth! For the odd time I get a small zit (which is probably once a month), it's gone within a day or two and no scar!

I used to live in concealer - covering acne and scars. Now I'm proud to show off my radiant skin. Even though I use Yasmin in conjunction to antibiotics, I think it would still work wonders independently. Anyway, there's hope for you ladies! I thought I would die with acne.Now, I can celebrate renewed skin! Everyone's skin and body is different, but I'm confident it will work for most people. Please visit your doctor and ask about Yasmin and Tetracycline! Don't give