Page 5 of Yasmin Oral Contraceptives reviews

3.3/5 - 718 reviews

Brand: Yasmin

Active ingredients:
Drospirenone/ethinyl estradiol.

Inactive ingredients (yellow tablets): Lactose monohydrate NF, corn starch NF, pregelatinized starch NF, povidone 25000 NF, magnesium stearate NF, hypromellose USP, macrogol 6000 NF, titanium dioxide USP, talc USP, and ferric oxide pigment, yellow NF.

White inert film-coated tablets
Ingredients:
Lactose monohydrate NF, corn starch NF, povidone 25000 NF, magnesium stearate NF, hypromellose USP, talc USP, and titanium dioxide USP.

Reviewed on January 31, 2012

I'm only on my second month but seriously considering giving up.

In my first few weeks on being on Yasmin I couldnt eat breakfast (i take the pill just before i got to bed) and was hospitalised on one occasion when i fell unconscious and had a mini-seizure (im only 17)

Nausea has gone now, but read so many bad medical problems arising from this I dont want to continue, but also dont want to experience the breakouts people are having from quitting (im still in the bad breakouts from being on it!)

My face is sore, puffy, red and due to a skin/joint condition i have its increasing my scarring (and giving me more sports to scar!)

It has now spread all over to my back and I've never had it this bad, most of them are really painful.

Going to dermatologist for other alternatives.

Reviewed on January 18, 2012

Had someone made me aware that studies have been done and found that yaz/yasmin had replaced the estrogen hormone with another hormone that makes this birth control 6-10 times more likely to kill a woman under 30 than any other birth control on the market?? I may have asked for another pill. Please be aware of the risks of things you put in your body. I was not and i will forever be burdened with blood clots and far more symptoms than I would ever want anyone to have to live with,

Reviewed on January 9, 2012

I've heard some awful things about Yasmin and Yaz on the news - but in my experience - this pill is phenomenal! I am 25, thin, and a non-smoker and this pill does never makes me feel nauseous like past birth controls I have taken have (Zovia).

This is only my second month on Yasmin and my skin is beautifully clear consistently. I did have a pretty bad break out during the second week of the first month of use, but barely a pimple in sight since then. I haven't experienced PMS and my hormones seemed to have balanced out. No mood swings or horrible cramps - it's awesome!

I had pretty bad acne before this pill and now my skin has never looked better. I'm so so happy with Yasmin. Breakthrough bleeding happened my first month of use, but not bad.

I recommend taking your pill at night to reduce side-effects and staying active to keep your blood flowing! Great product overall.

Reviewed on January 8, 2012

I have been on the pill since May/June (now is Jan 2012) and it really helped me. However I want to stop using and see if can control the acne without the pill. One thing I have to say is that because it worked so quickly and previous treatment did not help one bit (eg herbs, antibiotics, healthy diet, exercise, drinking plenty of water, using topical creams). It has restored a certain level of happiness for me because I was so stressed seeing the scars and constant battle with the acne.

Reviewed on December 22, 2011

Great pill, loved it! But the side effects were to hard to handle. If i didn't have the side effects this pill would be a blessing from god!

Reviewed on December 21, 2011

Terrible for the rest of your body. Causes NUMEROUS problems. I had no idea that my birth control could cause me to have galbladder disease at 16 years old. (I'm now 18) Please, do NOT take this birthcontrol. This or yaz. I am currently in a law suit against them for my surgery and hopefully I get it covered. That wasn't cheap! Stay away from this birth control!

Reviewed on December 20, 2011

I ended up with DVT and when I got out of hospital my doctor advised me that this pill was under review in the US. I have been using Yasmin for over 8 years. Obviously I am no longer on it!!!

Reviewed on December 2, 2011

I read these reviews and even though most of them were bad I ignored it. I thought that my body would respond difirently.

Well one week after starting Yasmin I regret ever buying this product. The day after I started the pill I woke up with severe nausea and I vomited several times throughout the day.

My skin changed at first a bit and then some more. My pores enlarged, my skin didn't feel smooth anymore and I stared getting pimples on my forehead and mouth area. The pimples are fairly pink and red so it's hard to cover up with make up. I never had skin problems so this was all new to me.

I am constantly bloated and constipated, I am very skinny and in good shape but I am so bloated that I actually look 5 months pregnant! You can even see it through my shirt.

Some of the above mentioned I can actually bear, but I am going off this pill because of the severe impact it has had on my moods. I literally feel like crying all day long. I am very touchy and sad most of the time, it's pms multiplied by a thousand! And it has trated taking effect on my relationship. Things I would usually laugh at and find funny now irritate me, I get angry in a matter of seconds about the stupidest things. The mood swings are constant and very bad. I feel very depressed and I'm actually a very cheerful person so this is really bad for me. I know you that most who will read this will think I'm exagerating, but I'm really not. I don't even feel like the same person anymore and it's only been a week. Today I am going off Yasmin and I'm not planning on starting again! The side effects are far worse that the symptoms you have with your period. And this supposedly goes on for months before getting better. IF it even does! So girls, I would NOT recomend this at all! It really messes you up!

Reviewed on November 25, 2011

So I got Yasmin right before leaving to college so that I could have clear skin to start off my new life. Unfortunately I did not know that the first 3 months of being on this pill made it worse. As soon as I started taking the pill I started to breakout worse than I have in a long time, and this continued throughout my first month. It was horrible, I had huge cysts around my chin and jawline. The second month my acne became less around my chin but it started spreading to my cheeks and above my lip, it was still really bad. The third month it got a little better but I still had a lot of breakouts all over my face. I have been on my 4th packet for a week now and my acne has magically disappeared! Literally, no breakouts, not even a single pimple. The only problem is that I still have scarring from the previous 3 months but I will take that over breakouts anyday! So it really is true, despite becoming frustrated with the lack of results at first, be persistent! As far as everything else, yes, it did make me gain weight. Luckily most of that has gone to my boobs and butt, I've gotten so many compliments on my boob size! I was pretty much flat chested before and now I am at least a B, possibly C. For the first month or two my boobs were extremely soar and tender but now they aren't.

So, if my acne stays the way it has been for the last week, I would say fighting through those horrible 3 months was definitely worth it.

One side affect is that I am constantly hungry. However, since I have never had a weight problem, the weight gain was actually a benefit since it went to areas in which I was lacking. But if you have a weight problem, I would recommend to stay away. The only side affect that really bugs me is that I am tired all the time. Also, I have not noticed any change in my emotions/moodiness which is great! Also... if you skip taking the white sugar pills and move onto the next pack immediately, you get to to skip your period!

Reviewed on November 21, 2011

i got this pill because i heard that its one of the best,its ment to help your acne clear (my acne was very light, 1/2 pimples) + in some cases make your breast grow (which i loved). i was originally on the microgynon, but came off it because i was not sexually active, then heard about the yasmin pill from a friend. 2 weeks into taking the pill, my skin had broken out horribly! i thought it would only be a short side effect, but it didnt get better, i looked up on how to help clear acne,

my acne has cleared up much better after using a flannel to wash my face day + night along with a antiseptic soap. then i would use bicarbonate of soda (baking soda) after, only at night & leave it there for up to a hour & wash off with cold water( this closes the pores). my best achievement was buying "ultra clear acne cream" on ebay, this product has been used only for 3 days + my skin in much smoother + pimples are shrunk over night. (this is used night and day). my only problem now is the scarring ive got from previous pimples. im on the hunt for a cure :D, i have decided to go back to microgynon when i have finished my 21 days on yasmin.