Page 4 of Yasmin Oral Contraceptives reviews

3.3/5 - 715 reviews

Brand: Yasmin

Active ingredients:
Drospirenone/ethinyl estradiol.

Inactive ingredients (yellow tablets): Lactose monohydrate NF, corn starch NF, pregelatinized starch NF, povidone 25000 NF, magnesium stearate NF, hypromellose USP, macrogol 6000 NF, titanium dioxide USP, talc USP, and ferric oxide pigment, yellow NF.

White inert film-coated tablets
Ingredients:
Lactose monohydrate NF, corn starch NF, povidone 25000 NF, magnesium stearate NF, hypromellose USP, talc USP, and titanium dioxide USP.

Reviewed on March 28, 2012

i have mixed feelings about this pill.i am starting my 3rd strip now and so far,and my skin is experiencing a bit of a rollercoaster ride,with unexpected breakouts in uncommon for me areas like the cheeks which i always had clean.as for me the mood swings are the WORST.they are starting to destroy my relations with my boyfriend and the worst thing is-i just cannot control them. hopefully,these are only initial and both my mood and skin will get bettet in month 3/4!

Reviewed on March 20, 2012

I never had skin problems during my teens EVER! until i turned about 21. After ages of trying to work out what was wrong but was so confused as I always look after my skin and am an extremely healthy person. I then finally came to the realisation that it was hormones. I thought it was really weird that I just had all of a sudden started having acne issues at this age but apparently it is very common for females around my age to develop it especially if you never had problems with it during your teens. so I decided to go to Yasmin bc and after being on it for nearly 3 weeks im getting my confedience back with my skin. It really feels good. its starting to clear up alot i have heard it can get much worse before it gets better I havent experienced that yet hopefully I dont but I have to express my positive feedback with Yas,

Reviewed on March 9, 2012

I'm actually on Month 2 so I'm experiencing the horrible initial breakout that comes with the pill. I'm hoping by Month 4 (May) that at least some improvement will be shown as it will be my 21st birthday. I've always suffered from acne for almost 10 years now but it was slightly mild to moderate. Around puberty, I started to develop more pimples on my cheeks. Now I have pimples everywhere. forehead and cheeks and now my chin and even above my lip. I will send in an update around May. I pray that everything works out tho.

Reviewed on March 7, 2012

Ive never taken such a terrible pill in my life. I've always had a very high sex drive with my partner until taking these pills. On the 7th day of the monthly break from taking the pill did my sex drive start to come back so I know it's definitely this pill. I'm a very strong minded person and this pill makes me cry about everything which is definitely not me lol. I'm moody, angry and my anxiety is sky high. Never ever again.

Reviewed on March 6, 2012

PATIENCE is the main thing with birth controls. If by 3-4 months you're not satisfied, ya gotta switch. I've tried the Ortho Tri-Lo or whatever it is, and it did NOT like my face even after 4 months. So, I gave up. I've always had FLAWLESS skin. I was told YASMIN is a more skin-sensitive birth-control. My first month I've had no break outs. I'm half way through my second month and I have a few small pimples. I'm assuming this is just my body getting used to it. I have high hopes.

Reviewed on February 19, 2012

This pill worked wonders for me.

Before I started taking, I had irregular, heavy painful periods and mild - medium acne on my chin and lower face area.

I had painful sore and very noticable spots all around my mouth and chin which was very distressing having never suffered with spots ever before. I've been taking Yasmin since May 2011 and Since September 2011 I have had crystal clear skin! I still get the very very occasional spot around my period but overall my skin is perfect. I was 25 when I started taking yasmin. My skin initially got much much worse to the point that it was so sore and painful, the spots were impossible to cover with make-up. During the initial few months I combined yasmin with Isotrexin gel, which is a combination of isotretionin & antibiotics used to treat acne. This gel helped manage the bad few months I had, but now I dont need to use it. Do not suffer with your acne, please try Yasmin, it has worked for me and its hard going but you have to stick it out (be patient)!! Oh and now my periods last for 1 day and are painfree and light! Bonus!

Reviewed on February 9, 2012

If you are a healthy young woman (meaning you do not smoke, consume a lot of alcohol, and/or eat a lot of junk food) this pill could be the best one for you. These pros and cons are from my experience but remember; every pill affects every woman differently.

Reviewed on January 31, 2012

I'm only on my second month but seriously considering giving up.

In my first few weeks on being on Yasmin I couldnt eat breakfast (i take the pill just before i got to bed) and was hospitalised on one occasion when i fell unconscious and had a mini-seizure (im only 17)

Nausea has gone now, but read so many bad medical problems arising from this I dont want to continue, but also dont want to experience the breakouts people are having from quitting (im still in the bad breakouts from being on it!)

My face is sore, puffy, red and due to a skin/joint condition i have its increasing my scarring (and giving me more sports to scar!)

It has now spread all over to my back and I've never had it this bad, most of them are really painful.

Going to dermatologist for other alternatives.

Reviewed on January 18, 2012

Had someone made me aware that studies have been done and found that yaz/yasmin had replaced the estrogen hormone with another hormone that makes this birth control 6-10 times more likely to kill a woman under 30 than any other birth control on the market?? I may have asked for another pill. Please be aware of the risks of things you put in your body. I was not and i will forever be burdened with blood clots and far more symptoms than I would ever want anyone to have to live with,

Reviewed on January 9, 2012

I've heard some awful things about Yasmin and Yaz on the news - but in my experience - this pill is phenomenal! I am 25, thin, and a non-smoker and this pill does never makes me feel nauseous like past birth controls I have taken have (Zovia).

This is only my second month on Yasmin and my skin is beautifully clear consistently. I did have a pretty bad break out during the second week of the first month of use, but barely a pimple in sight since then. I haven't experienced PMS and my hormones seemed to have balanced out. No mood swings or horrible cramps - it's awesome!

I had pretty bad acne before this pill and now my skin has never looked better. I'm so so happy with Yasmin. Breakthrough bleeding happened my first month of use, but not bad.

I recommend taking your pill at night to reduce side-effects and staying active to keep your blood flowing! Great product overall.