Page 2 of Yasmin Oral Contraceptives reviews

3.3/5 - 712 reviews

Brand: Yasmin

Active ingredients:
Drospirenone/ethinyl estradiol.

Inactive ingredients (yellow tablets): Lactose monohydrate NF, corn starch NF, pregelatinized starch NF, povidone 25000 NF, magnesium stearate NF, hypromellose USP, macrogol 6000 NF, titanium dioxide USP, talc USP, and ferric oxide pigment, yellow NF.

White inert film-coated tablets
Ingredients:
Lactose monohydrate NF, corn starch NF, povidone 25000 NF, magnesium stearate NF, hypromellose USP, talc USP, and titanium dioxide USP.

Reviewed on April 20, 2013

This totally works after a few months but again, it is not a permanent solution

Reviewed on March 9, 2013

Try it, but don't expect a miracle. Stop if you start gaining weight or your skin gets worse (with Dr.'s approval, I guess.) Don't believe it when anyone tells you the bp doesn't make acne worse.

Reviewed on February 12, 2013

This is a wonder pill for me! You have to at least give it 3-5 months to see the difference. For the first 3 months I had big cystic acnes on my nose that wont go away! I had them injected with a cortisone shot so that they'd go flat and they did! At the start of 4th month I saw a huge difference. I mean there were still scars from the previous pimples but there were no acne anymore. I can live with the scars since I can always cover them with concealer and buy a scar removal topical. :)

Reviewed on January 21, 2013

I have been on and off the pill for about 15 years. I have been getting acne for the last 3 years, which is odd for my age (30's) so my doctor prescribed Yasmin since I take the bcp anyway. I just finished the second month and I see no improvement yet. I am willing to give another few months since I noticed that a few people on here said they didn't notice a difference until about 4-6 months. Hopefully I will see a difference. Other than that, I can't complain, no side effects.

Reviewed on December 18, 2012

STICK AT IT FOR A FEW MONTHS! I saw no improvement at all in the first few months, and then suddenly all the side effects disappeared, I stopped getting new spots, and now have completely clear skin.

I had used BP for almost 6 months beforehand (exactly as instructed) and saw no improvement, just consistently oily, flaky skin.

For me, this was the wonder drug.

Background info: I've had acne since I was 8 years old, plus irregular periods, a bit of excess hair etc, so there was probably a hormonal issue that Yasmin fixed. If you're similar, Yasmin could help you :)

Reviewed on December 10, 2012

It worked good for what it was supposed to do (prevent pregnancy and control irregularly, heavy menstrual cycle) but it didn't work wonders for acne or anything. This and no other BC has ever had any effect on my acne 1 way or another. Had very occasional spotting with this. While on it, developed a gallbladder polyp, which may or may not have been related since it is said to have a link to gallbladder diseases.

Reviewed on September 26, 2012

I was on antibiotics for my adult acne for several years which stopped working when I started taking the progesterone only pill. My skin broke out completely and my hair was so brittle and damaged it was breaking off in three inch lengths! GP suggested Yasmin and coming off anti b's (I'm 44 so I am a little old for this BC but she thought better this than anti b's and a BCP which made me break out!)

I had started Dan's regimen and my acne was improving but when I started Yasmin, my skin started improving immediately! Within a month I was clear. I do get the odd chin break out but nothing too drastic. I only hope that my GP lets me stay on it until the menopause!

Ps. My hair is great too - grows lusciously and is thicker and wavier.

Reviewed on September 21, 2012

This is my second time back on Yasmin. I was previously on it for 6 months, but by the end of it I was an raving hysterical monster so my husband (who prescribed it to me) said "no more hormones" and that was that.

I'm back on it again again, much to my husband's horror, after I developed nodular acne from Retin-A. It's only been a few weeks, but tbh I don't see how I can carry on taking Yasmin for much longer. I feel nauseated and low every day but just have to tough it out because my skin situation is unbearable.

Yasmin has worked wonders for many other girls I know, but sadly, it's not for me (not long term anyway!). I paid £15 for a 3 month supply, no prescription fee.

Reviewed on September 9, 2012

My 16 year old was put on Yasmine and Aczone for moderate to mild acne. She also had a somewhat irregular period and cramping.

The period symptoms went away quickly and she had NO side effects such as weight gain. moodiness etc but The first month her skin broke out a little more but by the middle of month 2 she had many breakouts where she never had them before like on her cheeks. They were deep, large, red breakouts that took awhile to heal. The Aczone did not work at all but benzoil peroxide seemed to help.

I asked the doc to the give her an antibiotic, Solodyne and now she is beginning her 4th pill pack and she has no new pimples. She is healing a couple from month 3 and has some red marks but all in all her skin is MUCH better. We hope to get her off of the Solodyne in the next couple of months so hopefully the Yasmine will work well on its own or just with some topical treatments.

Reviewed on July 27, 2012

I gave this a somewhat awful review before after taking it for 8 days however I have seen great improvement in my acne and oily skin. The only prob I have so far is that a few days ago I noticed that one of breast is larger than the other since taking Yasmin( right one is larger) and my breast is a little tender to the touch. I know our left and right size is different in size but I look at my boobs everyday since I got them and they were never bigger than the other noticeably of-course. I am about 4 days away from finishing the first pack I will continue to monitor the growth even though my face is clearing up pretty fast its not worth the one bigger breast, if it was both of them growing then that would be a bonus for me because I dont have large breasts. If it continue I might have to switch to Diane 35 which I dont really want to because this pill is great so far only the breast issue. Is this happening to anyone else will it go back to normal or will the small one catch up?