Page 4 of Witch Hazel reviews

4.3/5 - 217 reviews

Witch Hazel

T.N. Dickinson's All Natural Astringent For Face and Body, 16 oz
updated: 11/27/2014 08:37 UTC
Thayers Alcohol-Free Witch Hazel with Organic Aloe Vera Formula Toner, Rose Petal, 12 fl oz
updated: 11/27/2014 08:37 UTC

Reviewed on January 4, 2012

I've had acne since I was in fourth grade; now I'm nearing the end of my senior year and am still struggling with my acne.

I ran across Witch Hazel in the store, and I already knew the herb itself has a history of being used to heal, so I decided to take a chance and buy it. When everything else has failed, you just kinda try anything and everything that seems even moderately promising.

I started using it about a week ago, and already I can see the results. I use it when I first wake up and am getting ready for school, and then I use it right before I go to bed.

It's real gentle, doesn't burn or irritate.

I have picky skin. Just about any other face cleaner or soap I've used either didn't work, caused more break outs, or I was allergic to (one time I even got a chemical burn from a face cleaner).

As I said before, in any case, I've only been using it for a week, and my face has cleared up considerably. My skin feels softer and isn't as oily, I haven't had to apply any sort of lotion because my skin is exceedingly dry.

I'm really hoping that this continues to work. I'd definitely recommend it.

Reviewed on January 1, 2012

I have very sensitive skin. Nearly every type of foaming or sudsy cleanser causes breakouts. Same for toner. Alcohol-free, "sensitive skin", "gentle" toners send my oil glands into overdrive within 24 hours.

I normally use diluted Apple Cider Vinegar as a toner, but after a while the slight burn was a bit too much for my skin (and eyes). So, I took a gamble with Witch Hazel and so far so good! It's such a cheap simple product that, although experience has proven that simple works best, I doubted its prowess.

My acne has calmed down considerably and my skin feels pretty soft after applying it. It's a keeper!

Reviewed on December 12, 2011

At my age I can't believe my face is breaking out as if I'm in my teens, or even my 20's. I'm way past those years and it's really embarrassing when I'm out in public and my face looks like miniature volcanoes from hell! After using the Pro-Active product, yes I have to admit it worked for me when applied directly onto the infected area. However, once you subscribe to them it's almost impossible to get them to stop or slow down sending it to you; and they will over charge your account every month even if you've sent the merchandise back. So, I decided enough was enough and thought I need something that's less expensive and natural. I took a chance, because I really didn't know what was going to happen, but overall after each use my face feels clean and refreshing, and most importantly the break- outs are under control! Here's what I do...I use a soft sponge specially for my face and I wash it with any colorless Dove or Oil Of Olay; and sometimes I just might use Noxema. After I rinse I use one cotton ball per area of my face and apply it by using strokes going towards my nose or in an up/inward motion. Contrary to what is told this method reduces wrinkles. Use a new cotton ball per eye and pat underneath the eye counter-clock wise. Then I apply Oil Of Olay moisturizer, or a light coat of cocoa butter (for winter use only). The following morning...I rinse and repeat the process at least 3 times daily. My skin is always a glow and I look 20 years younger than what I actually am! YES!!

Reviewed on December 2, 2011

Its a great product even though the smell is not quite flattering.

Reviewed on November 29, 2011

It didn't do much for my acne, but it's a great gentle alternative to apply before bed and keeps my skin under control overnight without burning or harming it.

Reviewed on November 29, 2011

the smell is for a few seconds and then gone

try some of the witch hazel brands you can find at health food stores, they smell better. they are a few more dollars but still way cheaper than any of the big selling acne lines. eat healthy and drink plenty of water.

Reviewed on November 21, 2011

I have only been using the product for a few days and can already see a result. I have moderate acne and have been searching for a product to clear my face for months and nothing has been working. I heard about witch hazel online and decided I would give it a try and it worked I recommend this product to anyone with moderate to severe acne who is looking for fast results. Just make sure you hace moistureizer before you start because it will dry your skin.

Reviewed on November 13, 2011

it smells kinda bad but ull get use to it ive recently started to use it and i am 20 years old.Ive tried many products also like neutrogena clean and clear and the worst product ever for me was lorieal 360 go.... that messed up my face ultra bad.... but this product witch hazel has helped out alot lesser blackheads.Heres a secret that i use to fade scars TRY AMBI FADE CREAM =P it works it just take a while to kick in.Btw what moisturizers every1 use?

Reviewed on November 11, 2011

it works...it get rid of break outs but you have to get something else to get rid of the marks.... when use a long with septol soap or zukaru soap it works wonders

Reviewed on October 6, 2011

I just started using WH a few weeks ago after seeing a friend use it, I asked her what it did and I bought it on a whim. Like many, I've tried everything for my acne; proactiv, murad, nutrogena, clean and clear, etc. So I was open to anything. Even though its only been a few weeks, I can already see a huge difference. My face is less red, my current acne is smaller, my face is smoother and I can see acne scars fading which is important to me since I'm only in my 20's. My only complaint is that after the 1st week I noticed my face got a lot drier. I'm not happy about it but I'd rather deal with that by just put moisturizer on rather than having bad acne. I find it myself using it 3x a day, when a wake up (your face is dirty from sleeping due to pillows, drool, etc), after work (sweat and to relax) and again before I go to sleep (dedication I guess lol).

I would completely recommend witch hazel to anyone who's fed up trying product after product. Go natural!