Page 4 of Witch Hazel reviews

4.3/5 - 247 reviews

T.N. Dickinson's All Natural Astringent For Face and Body, 16 oz
updated: 09/30/2016 21:54 UTC
Thayers Alcohol-Free Witch Hazel with Organic Aloe Vera Formula Toner, Rose Petal, 12 fl oz
updated: 09/30/2016 21:54 UTC

All-Natural Miracle!
Reviewed on May 18, 2014

I bought a bottle of the stuff a couple weeks ago and started using it immediately and noticed an amazing difference! I have pretty sensitive combination skin so oil balance is a big problem I have. At first I was using it every few hours and it really jump-started the clearing! My pores were noticeably smaller and my forehead was smoother than ever. However because I was using it so much it still took all the oils off my face making me break out. When I cut back to once or twice a day I saw that it kept only the necessarily oils on my face and didn't make me break out! Last night I decided to experiment by soaking a really bad blemish over night. I soaked a cotton ball and attached it to the blemish with a band-aid and went to bed. I woke up this morning and the blemish was almost gone! All that was left was a little red mark but the witch hazel had extracted out all of the bad bacteria. I did this on my shoulder so I don't know if I would recommend it for the face since it is pretty drying. Over all I am incredibly happy with the results, oh and it's only like $4 at the drugstore!

by Linssssbaby on 12/08/2014 17:55
Does it help red marks/acne marks??
OH NOO
Reviewed on May 6, 2014

Hi all! I started breaking out from the middle of my cheeks to my jaw line (sometimes it spreads to the top of my neck :() about a month ago. Being 21, I was so sure my acne days were OVER. My skin before this was fine, I definitely wasn't happy with it at the time, but now that I have these breakouts I would do anything to get my old skin back! When I started getting acne on my cheeks and jaw line I wanted to CRY! And I STILL DO! I've been using Witch Hazel for about 3 weeks now. I was so hopeful that this would be the cure because of all the great reviews, but unfortunately it hasn't helped in the slightest. It hasn't agitated it and it definitely does make your face feel nice and fresh, but I haven't found that it reduces redness or size of pimples like other reviewers have claimed. It didn't help the oiliness or dryness of my skin either (I've always had a weird combination of both). Everything is still very much the same, and my breakouts are still attacking my face / life (lol, drama queen) and making me super self-conscious! My boyfriend jokes about my breakouts a lot as well which doesn't help my self esteem, haha. So unfortunately, I have to give the product 2 starts out of 5. 1 star for the inexpensiveness of it and the second for making my face feel fresh after use. I just bought Benzac AC cream from the pharmacy so am hoping for a miracle to come out of that! Good luck all.

by all4nature on 06/13/2014 20:08
From what you described, it sounds like your acne is attributed to hormone imbalance (like mine). In which case, most topical skin products are sadly incapable of treating...I hope you find this article as helpful as I did! [link removed] Best of luck, I know how frustrating and self-esteem diminishing acne is, so hang in there!!
by Diana1 on 07/22/2014 13:15
Please try Quinoderm 10 - it is amazing and has saved my face! contains benzoyl peroxide and can be drying but its the lesser of 2 evils :)
blackheads GONE in one use
Reviewed on April 12, 2014

I bought the regular Dickinson brand of witch.hazel and I didn't think this would work.but when I woke up the blackheads on my nose were GONE and I bought this for an acne purpose and it helped the swelling on this giant pimple I had i will contine to use as a toner!

Amazed!
Reviewed on April 10, 2014

I have been using witch hazel for the past week as a toner twice daily after cleansing and I have seen such an amazing difference in my skin! The texture is softer, tone is more even, and I have seen a drastic reduction in acne with only 1 breakout so far, but a small one. I have struggled with acne for the past few years (I'm in my mid twenties) and it is devastating. Tried many many other expensive products including proactiv. Nothing i have ever tried has worked so well to improve my skin in every way. Acne gone. Tone evened. Skin soft. It's awesome. I would have never thought it would be this great. I will for sure be using witch hazel in place of other expensive products for years to come! The smell is a little unwelcoming, but it is working so I don't even care. I highly recommend using this stuff! My skin looks and feels

great and I find myself wearing less and less makeup every day. I have never written a review on a product but I felt compelled to write this because it helped me so much and I want to spread the word! Try it! Only costs around $6!

by Linssssbaby on 12/08/2014 17:56
Does it help marks from pimples ??
Miracle-worker
Reviewed on March 18, 2014

Literally nothing else has cleared up my acne so effectively and consistently. It's so simple, I just soak a cotton ball and rub it all over my face in the morning and before I go to bed, and though I still have a lot of hyperpigmentation, I have zero active pimples right now!

by Linssssbaby on 12/08/2014 17:56
Did it help marks ??
by jazzyclassical on 04/16/2015 11:40
Linsssbaby I don't think it helps the pigmentation if that's what you mean.
Cleansing, not really acne-preventing.
Reviewed on January 26, 2014

I bought Witch Hazel at my local organic store, exactly this brand. It is more of a cleanser than anything else, it leaves your face feeling/looking very fresh and rejuvenated, but does not seem to do much for acne, other than cleansing your skin.

Most likely shouldn't be targeted towards people suffering with moderate/severe acne like me.

Strong recommending
Reviewed on January 19, 2014

i have nasty acne around my chin crease and hairline and i sweat like crazy and my acne got worse after all the treatments i have tried over the years. So when i got Witch Hazel, the first night i could already see a difference. my acne cleared up quickly. I would definitely recommend this to anyone with the same skin conditions. This also works on any part of the body not just the face. i had acne all around my back and it cleared up after a couple days. This product works great, so if your sick of treatments that don't work, this can cure the curse of acne in an instant. I strongly suggest it!

Wonderful toner!
Reviewed on December 6, 2013

This toner makes my skin glow and feel fresh! I use it twice a day after cleansing with Cetaphil Antibacterial Gentle Cleansing Bar followed by moisturizing at nights with Now jojoba oil. For the day it leaves my skin prepped, smooth, and ready for makeup if I choose to wear it. At nights I moisturize because repetitive use of this product can be drying but it has not caused me any excessive peeling or dryness. I apply it with a cotton pad or ball and it always removes any remaining dirt or makeup left on my face left after washing. I love this product and am thankful I came across it, it has helped boost my regimens ability to improve my teenage acne.

Cheap and effective! Perfect
Reviewed on June 18, 2013

I use this daily am and pm. I don't dilute it or anything in just dab some on a cotton balls and use it as an astringent it dries up active acne which I love! Makes my skin feel nice and doesn't dry me out!

Reviewed on May 14, 2013

This reallyhelps my acne in the long run and is the only thing that hasnt either stopped working after a while or made my skin really really dry.

It makes a huge difference to the redness as well! Thanks to the anti-inflammatory properties which is almost instant.

I prefer to apply this by pouring some into the bottle cap and then using the tip of my index finger to wipe it onto the areas affected by acne until it looks like its as wet as i can get it and then let it dry and then do it again. I repeat this four times. All in all it takes about 15 minutes to finish applying and drying four times but i find this makes it really affective as i have experimented loads with it as it seems to be the only thing i can find that really helps my acne alot. Seriously its the only thing i use that puts a fine line between my acne being mildly light and severe as it can spread over my face and down my neck without this.

by Linssssbaby on 12/08/2014 17:57
Does it help with acne marks ??