Page 4 of Witch Hazel reviews

4.3/5 - 213 reviews

Witch Hazel

Reviewed on November 29, 2011

It didn't do much for my acne, but it's a great gentle alternative to apply before bed and keeps my skin under control overnight without burning or harming it.

Reviewed on November 29, 2011

the smell is for a few seconds and then gone

try some of the witch hazel brands you can find at health food stores, they smell better. they are a few more dollars but still way cheaper than any of the big selling acne lines. eat healthy and drink plenty of water.

Reviewed on November 21, 2011

I have only been using the product for a few days and can already see a result. I have moderate acne and have been searching for a product to clear my face for months and nothing has been working. I heard about witch hazel online and decided I would give it a try and it worked I recommend this product to anyone with moderate to severe acne who is looking for fast results. Just make sure you hace moistureizer before you start because it will dry your skin.

Reviewed on November 13, 2011

it smells kinda bad but ull get use to it ive recently started to use it and i am 20 years old.Ive tried many products also like neutrogena clean and clear and the worst product ever for me was lorieal 360 go.... that messed up my face ultra bad.... but this product witch hazel has helped out alot lesser blackheads.Heres a secret that i use to fade scars TRY AMBI FADE CREAM =P it works it just take a while to kick in.Btw what moisturizers every1 use?

Reviewed on November 11, 2011

it works...it get rid of break outs but you have to get something else to get rid of the marks.... when use a long with septol soap or zukaru soap it works wonders

Reviewed on October 6, 2011

I just started using WH a few weeks ago after seeing a friend use it, I asked her what it did and I bought it on a whim. Like many, I've tried everything for my acne; proactiv, murad, nutrogena, clean and clear, etc. So I was open to anything. Even though its only been a few weeks, I can already see a huge difference. My face is less red, my current acne is smaller, my face is smoother and I can see acne scars fading which is important to me since I'm only in my 20's. My only complaint is that after the 1st week I noticed my face got a lot drier. I'm not happy about it but I'd rather deal with that by just put moisturizer on rather than having bad acne. I find it myself using it 3x a day, when a wake up (your face is dirty from sleeping due to pillows, drool, etc), after work (sweat and to relax) and again before I go to sleep (dedication I guess lol).

I would completely recommend witch hazel to anyone who's fed up trying product after product. Go natural!

Reviewed on September 25, 2011

i use this 2 times a day after my shower and of course before my lotion. it works great and does not smell bad. others have complained about the scent but it does not bother me. i just pour a small amount onto a cotton ball and then wipe it across my face. if i have a pimple which i have popped i pour a small amount of tea tree oil with the witch hazel and hold it there for about a min. this in turn helps the healing process and also dries out the pimple faster and brings any other junk that may be left inside the pimple out.

Reviewed on September 9, 2011

During the peak period of my acne breakouts this past year I became obsessed with toner. After spending ridiculous amounts of money on toners I realized the key ingredient in many was witch hazel. So I went out and bought a bottle and I haven't looked back since. It does the same thing as the toner and leaves my pores feeling clean and my skin looking fresh. I definetly recommend witch hazel!

Reviewed on August 29, 2011

I couldn't be any happier with this product. Like many of you out there, I feel like I've tried EVERYTHING to clear up my acne. Proactiv, Neutrogena, Clean and Clear, topical and oral antibiotics, birth control, lemon juice (applied topically), Burt's Bees products, Say Yes to Tomatoes products, etc., etc. The list goes on and on. Finally, I decided to research acne extensively on my own. I probably know more about acne than a dermatologist does now! Ha! What I found is that most products on the market were having adverse affects on my skin and acne. They were drying my skin out and leaving it even more irritated! I came up with a new routine through my research. Twice a day I wash my face with the Dove Beauty Bar for sensitive skin. The bar for sensitive skin is best in my opinion bc it is fragrance free. After washing twice a day I wet a cotton ball with Dickinson's witch hazel. I apply in upward strokes all over my face. It feels wonderful and tingly (not painful!) after it soaks in, I apply Neutrogena moisture for sensitive skin. Again, this product has NO fragrance which I find to be very important. I have VERY sensitive combination skin (moderately oily in the T-zone and dry cheeks). I incorporated the witch hazel into my routine about a week and 1/2 ago and am VERY pleasantly surprised by the results. It did not dry my skin. It has helped fade acne scars and works rather quickly fighting my acne. I recommend giving this product a try. It is the ONLY thing that has worked for me. Give it at least 2 weeks. FYI, there is NO SUCH THING AS A MIRACLE PRODUCT FOR acne. This product does not work overnight. It might take a week or two. Eventually you will realize that any product that claims to work overnight is CRAP. However, this product DOES work if you give it a little time. Be patient and good luck! :0)

Reviewed on August 25, 2011

I used Dickinson's Witch Hazel, but it was very drying since it has alcohol in it. In the summer, it helped remove excess oil and tightened my pores. I loved how refreshing it felt on my skin the first couple of times especially after a nice run, but in the winter, it really dried out my skin and made it oilier, and red. Also noticed blackheads appearing on my nose. Although it did help calm down my inflamed blemishes, it wasn't immediate or noticeable. I would recommend trying Thayer's Witch Hazel as a toner instead since it doesn't have alcohol in it yet still removes dead skin and leftover makeup. I've had more luck with Thayer's instead of drugstore Witch Hazel.