Page 4 of Witch Hazel reviews

4.3/5 - 210 reviews

Witch Hazel

Reviewed on November 13, 2011

it smells kinda bad but ull get use to it ive recently started to use it and i am 20 years old.Ive tried many products also like neutrogena clean and clear and the worst product ever for me was lorieal 360 go.... that messed up my face ultra bad.... but this product witch hazel has helped out alot lesser blackheads.Heres a secret that i use to fade scars TRY AMBI FADE CREAM =P it works it just take a while to kick in.Btw what moisturizers every1 use?

Reviewed on November 11, 2011

it works...it get rid of break outs but you have to get something else to get rid of the marks.... when use a long with septol soap or zukaru soap it works wonders

Reviewed on October 6, 2011

I just started using WH a few weeks ago after seeing a friend use it, I asked her what it did and I bought it on a whim. Like many, I've tried everything for my acne; proactiv, murad, nutrogena, clean and clear, etc. So I was open to anything. Even though its only been a few weeks, I can already see a huge difference. My face is less red, my current acne is smaller, my face is smoother and I can see acne scars fading which is important to me since I'm only in my 20's. My only complaint is that after the 1st week I noticed my face got a lot drier. I'm not happy about it but I'd rather deal with that by just put moisturizer on rather than having bad acne. I find it myself using it 3x a day, when a wake up (your face is dirty from sleeping due to pillows, drool, etc), after work (sweat and to relax) and again before I go to sleep (dedication I guess lol).

I would completely recommend witch hazel to anyone who's fed up trying product after product. Go natural!

Reviewed on September 25, 2011

i use this 2 times a day after my shower and of course before my lotion. it works great and does not smell bad. others have complained about the scent but it does not bother me. i just pour a small amount onto a cotton ball and then wipe it across my face. if i have a pimple which i have popped i pour a small amount of tea tree oil with the witch hazel and hold it there for about a min. this in turn helps the healing process and also dries out the pimple faster and brings any other junk that may be left inside the pimple out.

Reviewed on September 9, 2011

During the peak period of my acne breakouts this past year I became obsessed with toner. After spending ridiculous amounts of money on toners I realized the key ingredient in many was witch hazel. So I went out and bought a bottle and I haven't looked back since. It does the same thing as the toner and leaves my pores feeling clean and my skin looking fresh. I definetly recommend witch hazel!

Reviewed on August 29, 2011

I couldn't be any happier with this product. Like many of you out there, I feel like I've tried EVERYTHING to clear up my acne. Proactiv, Neutrogena, Clean and Clear, topical and oral antibiotics, birth control, lemon juice (applied topically), Burt's Bees products, Say Yes to Tomatoes products, etc., etc. The list goes on and on. Finally, I decided to research acne extensively on my own. I probably know more about acne than a dermatologist does now! Ha! What I found is that most products on the market were having adverse affects on my skin and acne. They were drying my skin out and leaving it even more irritated! I came up with a new routine through my research. Twice a day I wash my face with the Dove Beauty Bar for sensitive skin. The bar for sensitive skin is best in my opinion bc it is fragrance free. After washing twice a day I wet a cotton ball with Dickinson's witch hazel. I apply in upward strokes all over my face. It feels wonderful and tingly (not painful!) after it soaks in, I apply Neutrogena moisture for sensitive skin. Again, this product has NO fragrance which I find to be very important. I have VERY sensitive combination skin (moderately oily in the T-zone and dry cheeks). I incorporated the witch hazel into my routine about a week and 1/2 ago and am VERY pleasantly surprised by the results. It did not dry my skin. It has helped fade acne scars and works rather quickly fighting my acne. I recommend giving this product a try. It is the ONLY thing that has worked for me. Give it at least 2 weeks. FYI, there is NO SUCH THING AS A MIRACLE PRODUCT FOR acne. This product does not work overnight. It might take a week or two. Eventually you will realize that any product that claims to work overnight is CRAP. However, this product DOES work if you give it a little time. Be patient and good luck! :0)

Reviewed on August 25, 2011

I used Dickinson's Witch Hazel, but it was very drying since it has alcohol in it. In the summer, it helped remove excess oil and tightened my pores. I loved how refreshing it felt on my skin the first couple of times especially after a nice run, but in the winter, it really dried out my skin and made it oilier, and red. Also noticed blackheads appearing on my nose. Although it did help calm down my inflamed blemishes, it wasn't immediate or noticeable. I would recommend trying Thayer's Witch Hazel as a toner instead since it doesn't have alcohol in it yet still removes dead skin and leftover makeup. I've had more luck with Thayer's instead of drugstore Witch Hazel.

Reviewed on August 2, 2011

Witch Hazel is something that I'd suggest to people with light acne. For those like me, especially with severe African American acne, Witch Hazel is not the answer to all your problems. Right now, I use this in conjunction with Tazorac at night, and a Benzoyl Peroxide wash in the morning, then I apply Witch Hazel like a toner with a cotton ball. Tazorotene, which I use as a gel, makes my face very oily and filmy, as I know other products might. And so, I suggest for those with oily faces to put on witch hazel once in the morning, or maybe twice a day. It REALLY helps keep you shine free. However, as a stand alone treatment, unless you get a pimple or two every month or so, don't bet on it changing anything else.

Reviewed on August 1, 2011

I started using Witch Hazel when i was searching on the web for a product that helps with acne, when i found a page on this website and most of the people on the site were praising how great witch hazel was and how cheap it is so i decided to try it out. There are many different types of Witch Hazel but i bought Dickinson's Original Witch Hazel and it is the new version that is yellow. After my first time using it my skin looked more even toned and after a while a lot of my acne became smaller and smaller until most of them went away. I have a lot less acne and my acne's severerity was moderate but is now light acne. This product is very non-drying so its good for sensitive skin like mine. It can seem a bit drying if you use it right after you wash your face because the cleanser has taken the oils from your skin so when you put the toner on and let it air- dry, the dryness will be from the cleanser not the toner. It has a peculiar scent but i personally i like it and you wont be able to smell unless you actually sniff the bottle and the smell doesnt linger on your skin. After a few seconds it will be gone. I really recommend this product. I have more confidence with my skin and i dont feel as ashamed as i was before. I still have a few whiteheads and an occasional pimple but no one has absolutely clear skin so i am so happy! Please try!

Reviewed on July 23, 2011

I tried using this as a toner, and I swear, my face had never been so broken out. So many pimples! After not using it for a while, I just applied it to problem areas, hoping it would help because of all of the good reviews. I really wanted to like this, but I used this about a month ago, and my skin is still healing. :( Maybe it's just not for sensitive skin. Sometimes natural does not totally mean gentle. It DOES have 14% alcohol. Perhaps that was just a little too much for me. Bottom line...try it out. It's only about $1 to $3. If it doesn't work for you, at least it's not a waste of money. Give it away to someone who might want it; that's what I did. If it does work for you, you really get a lot of it for your money.