Page 4 of Witch Hazel reviews

4.3/5 - 222 reviews

T.N. Dickinson's All Natural Astringent For Face and Body, 16 oz
updated: 07/02/2015 17:05 UTC
Thayers Alcohol-Free Witch Hazel with Organic Aloe Vera Formula Toner, Rose Petal, 12 fl oz
updated: 07/02/2015 17:05 UTC

Reviewed on April 30, 2012

it was my first time to use a toner..this is good toner.. gentle and soothing ..

i dont have acne anymore im using likas papaya as facial wash.. then i user this toner then moisturize with Celeteque waterbased moisturizer :)))) . the only thing i hate about this is that it didnt remove redness on my tzone area :(( But over all it is good i think 4stars out of 5stars

Reviewed on April 11, 2012

When I first smelled witch hazel for the first time in my life, I was afraid to use it because of the smell.

After lots of research in the internet, I was starting to see how wonderfully it worked for others and I could not help but try it myself. Many people on Youtube even said it changed their lives, it was like magic. And I am so glad I finally bought this to use as a toner!!

I don't generally have an acne problem, HOWEVER, I used to breakout occasionally with big pimples on my forehead during my period. Using this, I have not had one pimple on my face in months. I am so pleased!

By the way, I use Dickinson's Original Witch Hazel Pore Perfecting Toner from Wal-Mart. The ONLY reason I didn't give this 5 stars is because the smell is really horrible but I'm slowly getting used to it. Because it smells like rum or tequila, I felt like gagging when I first started using it but it's a funny smell you really need to just ignore or suck up because this stuff is amazing despite that!

Reviewed on April 11, 2012

ive been searching for months and months to find something to help my acne. ive tried all the major brands (proactiv, clean and clear, etc.) and they seemed to work for a week or two then the acne came back for a week or two. It was a vicious cycle. I stumbled across witch hazel and decided to give it a try. Ill be honest the smell almost made me not try it. Once i got over the smell, i discovered this stuff ha done more for me in a week than anyhting else ive tried has. My skin feels so clean but not stripped of all its moisture. My breakouts are becoming less and less. Ive noitced the more i use it the less random breakouts i get. With everything else, i got the little random ones. And for the few random ones i have gotten, soaking a cotton ball in witch hazel and leaving it for a minute helped heal it quickly and reduce the redness and irritation. I can actually go out without make up now and feel confident about my skin!!

by rfbaliza on 05/17/2013 14:25
Hey Heather can witch hazel treat acne scars? thanks for the reply
Reviewed on February 29, 2012

I'm an R.N. (future Nurse Practitioner) and I recommend this to any and all people as a toner, astringent, and/or aftershave! I use it myself--it's MUCH cheaper than any of those expensive products on the store shelves that are loaded with alcohol as the main ingredient. So, what are you waiting for? Go buy some now!

Reviewed on January 4, 2012

I've had acne since I was in fourth grade; now I'm nearing the end of my senior year and am still struggling with my acne.

I ran across Witch Hazel in the store, and I already knew the herb itself has a history of being used to heal, so I decided to take a chance and buy it. When everything else has failed, you just kinda try anything and everything that seems even moderately promising.

I started using it about a week ago, and already I can see the results. I use it when I first wake up and am getting ready for school, and then I use it right before I go to bed.

It's real gentle, doesn't burn or irritate.

I have picky skin. Just about any other face cleaner or soap I've used either didn't work, caused more break outs, or I was allergic to (one time I even got a chemical burn from a face cleaner).

As I said before, in any case, I've only been using it for a week, and my face has cleared up considerably. My skin feels softer and isn't as oily, I haven't had to apply any sort of lotion because my skin is exceedingly dry.

I'm really hoping that this continues to work. I'd definitely recommend it.

Reviewed on January 1, 2012

I have very sensitive skin. Nearly every type of foaming or sudsy cleanser causes breakouts. Same for toner. Alcohol-free, "sensitive skin", "gentle" toners send my oil glands into overdrive within 24 hours.

I normally use diluted Apple Cider Vinegar as a toner, but after a while the slight burn was a bit too much for my skin (and eyes). So, I took a gamble with Witch Hazel and so far so good! It's such a cheap simple product that, although experience has proven that simple works best, I doubted its prowess.

My acne has calmed down considerably and my skin feels pretty soft after applying it. It's a keeper!

Reviewed on December 12, 2011

At my age I can't believe my face is breaking out as if I'm in my teens, or even my 20's. I'm way past those years and it's really embarrassing when I'm out in public and my face looks like miniature volcanoes from hell! After using the Pro-Active product, yes I have to admit it worked for me when applied directly onto the infected area. However, once you subscribe to them it's almost impossible to get them to stop or slow down sending it to you; and they will over charge your account every month even if you've sent the merchandise back. So, I decided enough was enough and thought I need something that's less expensive and natural. I took a chance, because I really didn't know what was going to happen, but overall after each use my face feels clean and refreshing, and most importantly the break- outs are under control! Here's what I do...I use a soft sponge specially for my face and I wash it with any colorless Dove or Oil Of Olay; and sometimes I just might use Noxema. After I rinse I use one cotton ball per area of my face and apply it by using strokes going towards my nose or in an up/inward motion. Contrary to what is told this method reduces wrinkles. Use a new cotton ball per eye and pat underneath the eye counter-clock wise. Then I apply Oil Of Olay moisturizer, or a light coat of cocoa butter (for winter use only). The following morning...I rinse and repeat the process at least 3 times daily. My skin is always a glow and I look 20 years younger than what I actually am! YES!!

Reviewed on December 2, 2011

Its a great product even though the smell is not quite flattering.

Reviewed on November 29, 2011

It didn't do much for my acne, but it's a great gentle alternative to apply before bed and keeps my skin under control overnight without burning or harming it.