Page 4 of Witch Hazel reviews

4.3/5 - 205 reviews

Reviewed on August 29, 2011

I couldn't be any happier with this product. Like many of you out there, I feel like I've tried EVERYTHING to clear up my acne. Proactiv, Neutrogena, Clean and Clear, topical and oral antibiotics, birth control, lemon juice (applied topically), Burt's Bees products, Say Yes to Tomatoes products, etc., etc. The list goes on and on. Finally, I decided to research acne extensively on my own. I probably know more about acne than a dermatologist does now! Ha! What I found is that most products on the market were having adverse affects on my skin and acne. They were drying my skin out and leaving it even more irritated! I came up with a new routine through my research. Twice a day I wash my face with the Dove Beauty Bar for sensitive skin. The bar for sensitive skin is best in my opinion bc it is fragrance free. After washing twice a day I wet a cotton ball with Dickinson's witch hazel. I apply in upward strokes all over my face. It feels wonderful and tingly (not painful!) after it soaks in, I apply Neutrogena moisture for sensitive skin. Again, this product has NO fragrance which I find to be very important. I have VERY sensitive combination skin (moderately oily in the T-zone and dry cheeks). I incorporated the witch hazel into my routine about a week and 1/2 ago and am VERY pleasantly surprised by the results. It did not dry my skin. It has helped fade acne scars and works rather quickly fighting my acne. I recommend giving this product a try. It is the ONLY thing that has worked for me. Give it at least 2 weeks. FYI, there is NO SUCH THING AS A MIRACLE PRODUCT FOR acne. This product does not work overnight. It might take a week or two. Eventually you will realize that any product that claims to work overnight is CRAP. However, this product DOES work if you give it a little time. Be patient and good luck! :0)

Reviewed on August 25, 2011

I used Dickinson's Witch Hazel, but it was very drying since it has alcohol in it. In the summer, it helped remove excess oil and tightened my pores. I loved how refreshing it felt on my skin the first couple of times especially after a nice run, but in the winter, it really dried out my skin and made it oilier, and red. Also noticed blackheads appearing on my nose. Although it did help calm down my inflamed blemishes, it wasn't immediate or noticeable. I would recommend trying Thayer's Witch Hazel as a toner instead since it doesn't have alcohol in it yet still removes dead skin and leftover makeup. I've had more luck with Thayer's instead of drugstore Witch Hazel.

Reviewed on August 2, 2011

Witch Hazel is something that I'd suggest to people with light acne. For those like me, especially with severe African American acne, Witch Hazel is not the answer to all your problems. Right now, I use this in conjunction with Tazorac at night, and a Benzoyl Peroxide wash in the morning, then I apply Witch Hazel like a toner with a cotton ball. Tazorotene, which I use as a gel, makes my face very oily and filmy, as I know other products might. And so, I suggest for those with oily faces to put on witch hazel once in the morning, or maybe twice a day. It REALLY helps keep you shine free. However, as a stand alone treatment, unless you get a pimple or two every month or so, don't bet on it changing anything else.

Reviewed on August 1, 2011

I started using Witch Hazel when i was searching on the web for a product that helps with acne, when i found a page on this website and most of the people on the site were praising how great witch hazel was and how cheap it is so i decided to try it out. There are many different types of Witch Hazel but i bought Dickinson's Original Witch Hazel and it is the new version that is yellow. After my first time using it my skin looked more even toned and after a while a lot of my acne became smaller and smaller until most of them went away. I have a lot less acne and my acne's severerity was moderate but is now light acne. This product is very non-drying so its good for sensitive skin like mine. It can seem a bit drying if you use it right after you wash your face because the cleanser has taken the oils from your skin so when you put the toner on and let it air- dry, the dryness will be from the cleanser not the toner. It has a peculiar scent but i personally i like it and you wont be able to smell unless you actually sniff the bottle and the smell doesnt linger on your skin. After a few seconds it will be gone. I really recommend this product. I have more confidence with my skin and i dont feel as ashamed as i was before. I still have a few whiteheads and an occasional pimple but no one has absolutely clear skin so i am so happy! Please try!

Reviewed on July 23, 2011

I tried using this as a toner, and I swear, my face had never been so broken out. So many pimples! After not using it for a while, I just applied it to problem areas, hoping it would help because of all of the good reviews. I really wanted to like this, but I used this about a month ago, and my skin is still healing. :( Maybe it's just not for sensitive skin. Sometimes natural does not totally mean gentle. It DOES have 14% alcohol. Perhaps that was just a little too much for me. Bottom line...try it out. It's only about $1 to $3. If it doesn't work for you, at least it's not a waste of money. Give it away to someone who might want it; that's what I did. If it does work for you, you really get a lot of it for your money.

Reviewed on July 20, 2011

I've been using this for three days and my skin has improved so much! More than it has from weeks of using my prescription acne medicine. I got this horrible blemish on my face, one of the worst of my life, and it was a bright red and a bleeding mess. Two days after putting witch hazel on it in the morning and at night, it's almost completely healed up. All of my acne marks have faded considerably, and it dried up my acne. It hasn't caused my skin any flaking and has just kept the oil away. My skin feels super clean and disinfected after using it. It's amazing!

Reviewed on July 18, 2011

I bought WH three weeks ago to help control facial sweating. Well, I haven't had bad acne since middle school and I'm in my 20's now. I have a few flare ups every now and then, but after three weeks of using WH I'm devastated! It's deep ingrown pimples all over! I don't have sensitive skin, and a nothing else has changed on my face care routine! Plus its not really that great for the sweating. FAIL :(

Reviewed on July 11, 2011

I used it for 5 days now and my acne is WAY better. i was actually a bit skeptic before i used it. because the smell was strong (but nice)

and some reviews say that it did absolutely nothing to their acne.

i bought Humphrey's maravilla lotion because i couldnt find any other witch hazel extract in the store. I use cotton ball and apply it like a toner.--->It works really well!!<----

Though, i think i'd use it every other day.

I think you should only use this product if you really have serious breakouts. otherwise, it may irritate your skin.

*When it comes to products like this, your skin can get too comfortable with it at first but in the end, its effects on your next break outs won't be as good as the first time.

so yeah, just use it when necessary and don't soak up your face with it!

Less is always more.

Reviewed on July 7, 2011

Ok product, the first few days of using twice a day only my face completely clelared up then i brokeout and it's only been getting worse. The witch hazel doesn't seem to be doing anything anymore... Quick fix

Reviewed on June 28, 2011

Ive only been using it for a day, and i havent notived any improvements in my acne. I usually get acne on my forehead, cheeks, and chin. or the T-Zone. In the morning i wash my face with ACV, and in the afternoon, with cetaphil, or aveeno soap. then at night i use ACV again, and then a mixture of witch hazel, and a couple drops of tea tree oil. Then apple toothpaste on the pimples, and leave it on overnight. Then wash it off in the morning. I really hope this works!! If you have anyyyy other things i could try let me know! Thanks and good luck with the witch hazel!