Vitex reviews

4.1/5 - 15 reviews

Brand: Vitex

Vitex (Chasteberry) Extract, (Vitex agnus-castus).

Gelatin Capsule (gelatin, purified water), Cellulose, Vegetable Grade Magnesium Stearate (lubricant).

Where to buy is not associated with this product. All proceeds from links go to charity.

It solved my hormonal acne and bad PMS!
Reviewed on October 16, 2016

I will sing vitex's praises forever! I HAD severe hormonal cystic acne on my cheeks - cutting dairy helped but not 100%. I also have severe PMS or PMDD, so I was desperate for help. At the end of August 2016, I tried my first vitex pill and within 12 hours my face started clearing! It was like the undo-button for my face. Praise God. I take 2-3 400mg pills a day. My face has only improved and my PMS is slowly getting better. A few weeks ago I upped my vitamin A which is clearing out any old stubborn zits. For the first time in my life I have clear skin with NO BREAKOUTS. I can feel my cheeks and the subsurface is even and painless, instead of swollen and lumpy. It's a skin-saving, miracle-working herb. I wish I had tried it sooner!

So wonderful!
Reviewed on April 5, 2016

I actually joined this website in order to rave about my results with Vitex over about three months.. Cystic (scarring!) acne came out of nowhere when I turned 22 and I tried everything. Since taking Vitex, in combination with my acne therapy light, my breakouts are finally under control. I couldn't be happier.

Wish I could add pictures to show you the improvement; but take my word. When nothing else is working, it may be your hormones being wacky and producing too much testosterone like me.

by Keep Fighting on 05/13/2016 19:37
Thanks for sharing Which brand do you buy Extract or root How much you take
Finally-- a cure!
Reviewed on March 22, 2016

After 25 years of trying every single OTC & RX acne cure on the market (with only temporary or no results, I finally stumbled upon a website that recommended the DIM + Vitex treament. I couldn't believe that within 1 week, my skin was no longer bumpy and breaking out. I had just quit Spiro (which hadn't even worked after 8 months) cold-turkey and expected there to be at least a little flare-up, but my hormonal acne all over my skin was almost gone. After a few months now, I can say that perhaps 1 small pimple happened at PMS time, and then nothing more.

One caveat: if you are taking the recommended dosage on the bottles and get headaches, add in Milk Thistle. I should have started out more slowly anyway and might have not gotten the headaches. I took 1 DIM + Vitex in the am & pm. Now up to 2 pills twice daily.

by Keep Fighting on 05/13/2016 19:38
Do you combine both DIM and Vitex Which brand How much dose
Exceeded my expectations
Reviewed on February 5, 2016

Try it! It not only cleared my acne almost instantly, it has remained clear despite quitting Spironolactone cold turkey. It also had the added bonus of bringing back my period which I haven't had for an entire year. Balanced hormones seems to really agree with me and it might with you too. Oh, and it has a lot of positive reviews in terms of conception. I'll be updating if I'm also able to become pregnant with continued use (we've been trying for 16 months and on various fertility meds so it would be a miracle!).

Give a try, I'm glad I did.

Perfect for hormonal acne
Reviewed on December 3, 2015

While Accutane got rid of the worst of my acne (I started taking it when I was 14,) I still had it worse than the average teenager. As I got older (17) I stopped getting acne on my forehead, cheeks, and chin, and instead it spread to the sides of my face, and along my jawline, and under my chin. This was my transition from teenage acne to adult acne. While I do use a prescription topical cream which entirely eliminated the acne along the sides of my face, it did not get rid of the acne along my jawline and under it. I started taking Vitex in hopes of it helping with the acne there, and after about a month I started noticing a small difference. After approximately two months my acne along my jawline and underneath it was pretty much gone. Of course I still get some zits (mostly along my jawline and under it) but my face hasn't been this clear since I was 12-13. I think the more I use Vitex, the better the results will be. Vitex also helps a lot with period acne and PMS.

by iedanabiela on 12/25/2015 08:47
what brand of vitex that u take?
Reviewed on March 11, 2013

I wrote "yes" for recommendation simply because I'm sure it would work for some women out there-- but don't expect miracles. Stop it if you get funky periods and bloating.

Reviewed on January 26, 2013

This works well for a lot of people, but not for me. After about two weeks, I started getting terrible migraine headaches, rashes, and acne on my chin/jawline. After about two weeks more, I stopped taking it because none of the side effects had dissipated. More than a month later, the side effects have still not dissipated and the acne is actually considerably worse. It's left large swaths of my skin red, pimply, and flakey.

Reviewed on August 5, 2012

So glad we can finally review vitex! I've been using it for the last 6 months and it has worked well for me. At first I was very skeptical. I'm NOT someone who pops all kinds of vitamins but a friend of mine suggested this since it worked for her. According to my doctors I could either go on BC or accutane--options I desperately did not want to try so I gave Vitex a go. I've been taking one pill a day regularly (except for July, was travelling a lot). In short, I like it, it works and I recommend it as worth trying. I'm going to go into detail about it below just for the benefit of whoever wants more info:

My kind of acne: My hormones have been tested and found to be only slightly out of whack according to my doc. He was ready with a birth control rx but I was not! My acne was severe a year ago and with the help of medical topicals and cleansers I was able to get it in check (not cleared). Even after my acne was in check I still had a bad breakout before my period every month (papules, pustules, inflamation, redness, etc). It would take forever to 'recover' from the breakout. Then right when my skin recovered from that breakout the process started all over again. Sound familiar?

Vitex is not the kind of thing that works really fast. I'd say into the 2nd month I noticed a change. The change was that my monthly breakout was not so severe. Instead of several pimples I might get one or two of the non-inflamed variety. These healed and went away instead of staying and inviting friends. Since then I've had months when I didn't break out at all. Like I said, my acne was not severe when I started using vitex but if yours is I would use vitex in conjunction with whatever topical your doctor might suggest. It is not a magic pill so don't expect miracles but it does what I need it to do which is help reduce or eliminate my hormonal breakouts.Have patience with it. For my part I am thankful to have found an alternative to BC or accutane.

Brand: N

Reviewed on May 22, 2012

If you have HORMONAL acne, this is an excellent supplement. I take 2 pills everyday, and have for almost 2 months now. It takes 3 weeks to see some noticable results, but it IS worth it. If I go a couple days without taking it, I start to get pimples again so it's important to make you're taking it every day consistently.

BONUS: If you have a problem with ovarian cysts, it calms those symptoms and helps prevent future cysts as well.