Page 5 of Vitamin E reviews

4.3/5 - 187 reviews

Reviewed on June 15, 2010

This is the only thing that had worked for me.

Everyone should try this:

Cleanse your face.

Always use WARM WATER so the stuff you're putting on your face can actually do something (penetrate the pores)

Use a honey&aspirin mixture on your face for 30min, then exfoliate.

Apply Bio-oil and massage for 10-15 minutes

If you have large pores, use olive oil and massage on your face for 10-15 minutes.

Then, use a Vitamin E capsule and massage your face for 10-15 minutes.

Do NOT slather your face in oil; a tiny bit goes a LONG way.

This WILL make you break out, so use a salicylic-based medicine on top of your acne-prone area after the last step. I'm not too comfortable with benzyol peroxide because it is too harsh on the skin.

This actually works. Don't try to hurry up the massaging process because it's really important if you want to see results. Also, you need to KEEP on doing this to see results.

Reviewed on June 12, 2010

One thing i would like to recommend is that when using Vitamin E oil, make sure you exfoliate before you actually apply it to your skin, it helps absorbtion, as well as taking off the top layer of skin, speeding up the fading of the scar.

I have been using it for a month now and what I do is prik vitamin E capsules with a pin and squees the oil out ant topically apply it to the skin and rub it in. Do this at night as getting it to absorb is tough. Then once apllied, i orally take what is left of the vitamin E capsule. Double the effectivness.

You do have to be patient. Seeing results does take its time, but it sure does work. I do recommend exfoliating before applying as it really does speed up the process!

Reviewed on June 10, 2010

I had severe acne from birth control pills and I tried EVERYTHING to first, get rid of the acne, and then second, get rid of the scarring from the acne. I used to put on benzoyl peroxide at night, but that dried out my skin too much and I still had acne in the morning and no change in scarring. I read on this site about how vitamin E has worked for many people in terms of scarring. I bought Nature's Gate Roll On Vitamin E oil and started to use it at night. I would recommend waiting about 20 minutes before heading to bed so the oil can penetrate your pores.

I noticed a big difference after just three weeks! It has been three months since I started using it and the scars have almost completely disappeared! My acne has also gotten so much better. I plan on continuing to use it since it works so well for me. I definitely recommend the product!

Reviewed on June 6, 2010

I had mild-moderate acne as a kid, then clear from 20-26, then wammo-major breakouts as an adult. I am using proactiv-which took about 3.5 months to fully work-but only worked about 95% of the way. I started putting vitamin e oil on at night to help with the dryness and red scarring and it is amazing. I can tell when I don't use it--I do have about 4 pimpless right now, but they are small and under control.

I would recommend using this product, but give it time to work-about 3 weeks I would say.

Reviewed on May 20, 2010

Applied topically (purchased the 100% pure vit e oil from CVS) but worked too slowly for my tastes. It was also incredibly nonabsorbent and always left the hair near my face oily so I could only apply it at nights (so I shower in the morning) or after school when I wouldn't be seeing anyone for the rest of the day. There are better options out there (recently purchased jojoba oil as a replacement -- very absorbent! too soon to make comments on it's effectiveness for fading scars but it is definitely very moisturizing and much easier to apply than vit e)

Reviewed on April 10, 2010

take it orally, don't smear it on your scars like i did.

Reviewed on March 27, 2010

Most of my acne has resided--but the red marks remain! Vitamin E has be phenomenal at clearing things up. It speeds up the healing of dying/inactive pimples.

Basically, I'll get a pimple, apply some Benzyl Peroxide. If it's still inflamed the next day (or next day...), I'll keep applying it. Once it's starting to recede, I'll apply Vitamin E. Within three to five days it'll be faded or gone completely (depending on severity of the pimple).

I apply it everywhere I could potentially get a pimple (face, chest, back), but the majority of my red marks are on my back. Everywhere else (mostly the face) has KEPT clear, looks SMOOTH and frankly, kind of amazing. I'll still get the occasional pimple, but the severity and lifetime of those pimples are low.

It IS oily, so I only apply it at night. This can be a pain, because it can wear off onto your clothes/sheets. There's not much you can do about this, but it isn't really all that bad.

Of course, it may not work for everyone--but I DEFINITELY recommend you try it.

Reviewed on March 12, 2010

Didn't do much for me. I'll just discontinue the product...

Reviewed on March 5, 2010

This is a review for vitamin e oil, not the pills. I have moderate acne, which often results in red marks/skin left behind. I started taking vitamin A pills about 3 months ago and it has helped a lot, also with the help of murad face wash and a toner.I have tried everything to get rid of the red marks: baking soda, bleaching kid, etc. Nothing worked, I've heard lots of reviews for vitamin e, so I read up the reviews on this website and decided to give it a try. I went to the drugstore and couldn't find the pills so I bought the oil instead. It contains grape seed extract oil and vitamin e. I used it for the first time last night. I was really worried about it breaking me out, but I thought again how bad I wanted to get rid of the red skin and marks. I only use it at night. I put two drops of oil in my left palm and added water in my right palm. Then I gently massaged the oil only on the problem areas mainly my forehead, chin and the sids of my nose. The next morning I woke up and the marks looked less noticable and my skin felt smooth. I was very happy. Later on during the day and pimple formed on my forehead near my brow. So I hope it won't break me out, but I'm going to give it a try. I want the red skin gone!!

Reviewed on March 5, 2010

This review is for the Vitamin E oil, not the pills.

This is the single best thing I've found for the red marks which are left after pimples and cysts. I have light acne, and get 2 or 3 pimples at a time. At least one becomes a cyst/giant red thing. These heal with BP, but the red marks remain afterward.

Vitamin E cuts down the healing on these red marks by an amazing amount of time. In 3 nights, a new red mark is almost unnoticable.

For a real bad red mark, I'll get home from work and put some on, then reapply again after my nightly regimen before bed.

It does take some time to absorb into the skin, so if you're worried about your skin looking too oily during the day, just wait until you're at home to use it. It actually feels better on my skin than most moisturizers, but I stick to only using it at night because of the oily feeling.

It's also great for lips. I've tried lip balm with vitamin E in it before, but nothing works like the oil itself.

If you're like me, you count a red mark the same as a pimple. Vitamin E heals them quick and you have one less blemish to worry about.

I've never reviewed a product before, but I had to review this. Please give it a try.