Vitamin E

Average price: $6.90

Most helpful review

By g4 on 02/24/2013
thumbnail

I'm 30, male, have had mod. acne for a long time.. I did a full round of accutane several years ago, but didn't 100% cure it. I started using Purpose soap, & for treatment Dan's Benzoyl P. mix. and Neutrogena lotion. Skin looked a lot better, but not quite there yet. Then I read stuff about Vit E 400iu and decided I'd give it a shot. Wow Wish I'd known how important Vit E is, it has helped so much. after 2 weeks, skin was more elastic, hydrated, and clear. 1 month even better. try it..

Pros:
  • Gives life to my skin. Really amazing.
Cons:
  • none
  • I wish I had started this a long time ago!

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful

Member reviews

By on

This is a review for vitamin e oil, not the pills. I have moderate acne, which often results in red marks/skin left behind. I started taking vitamin A pills about 3 months ago and it has helped a lot, also with the help of murad face wash and a toner.I have tried everything to get rid of the red marks: baking soda, bleaching kid, etc. Nothing worked, I've heard lots of reviews for vitamin e, so I read up the reviews on this website and decided to give it a try. I went to the drugstore and couldn't find the pills so I bought the oil instead. It contains grape seed extract oil and vitamin e. I used it for the first time last night. I was really worried about it breaking me out, but I thought again how bad I wanted to get rid of the red skin and marks. I only use it at night. I put two drops of oil in my left palm and added water in my right palm. Then I gently massaged the oil only on the problem areas mainly my forehead, chin and the sids of my nose. The next morning I woke up and the marks looked less noticable and my skin felt smooth. I was very happy. Later on during the day and pimple formed on my forehead near my brow. So I hope it won't break me out, but I'm going to give it a try. I want the red skin gone!!

Pros

• Helps fade red acne marks, makes skin smooth and brighter

Cons

• greasy feeling if added to much
  • moderate
  • for a day or two
  • $ 6
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

This review is for the Vitamin E oil, not the pills.

This is the single best thing I've found for the red marks which are left after pimples and cysts. I have light acne, and get 2 or 3 pimples at a time. At least one becomes a cyst/giant red thing. These heal with BP, but the red marks remain afterward.

Vitamin E cuts down the healing on these red marks by an amazing amount of time. In 3 nights, a new red mark is almost unnoticable.

For a real bad red mark, I'll get home from work and put some on, then reapply again after my nightly regimen before bed.

It does take some time to absorb into the skin, so if you're worried about your skin looking too oily during the day, just wait until you're at home to use it. It actually feels better on my skin than most moisturizers, but I stick to only using it at night because of the oily feeling.

It's also great for lips. I've tried lip balm with vitamin E in it before, but nothing works like the oil itself.

If you're like me, you count a red mark the same as a pimple. Vitamin E heals them quick and you have one less blemish to worry about.

I've never reviewed a product before, but I had to review this. Please give it a try.

Pros

• Heals red marks
  • Soothes skin when used after the BP
  • Fixes chapped lips
  • Helps dry skin on hands, elbows, etc.

Cons

• It is greasy. I use it only at night.
  • I'm not sure it actually aids in the healing of current pimples.
  • very light
  • for about a week
  • $ 4
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

i had a bout of acne in january due to exam nerves and my salon recommended me getting a facial which broke me out in 5 days worse than before. i battled with different medications for a week or so and that seemed to cure the acne. this experience left my skin filled with acne scars and red bumps. thats when i started to look for any good acne marks cream and i came across fair and lovely. however that too broke me out in a few days. i looked at the ingredients and found them to be aloe vera and vitamin e and vitamin B3. That gave me a bright idea of why not use aloe from my garden and vitamin e capsule that are cheaply available from the local pharmacy and voila developed my own concoction.(couldnt find vitamin B3)

what i do is break the vitamin e capsule over the aloe leaf and take that gel and rub it all over my marks and any problem areas at night and wash it off with a good cleanser in the morning.

after using two days i have noticed brighter complexion and fading of the red marks. and no new acne has formed.

by the way i have oily skin but the aloe gel and vitamin seem to be doing the trick perfectly well together.

ill keep this on for a week and post the forum with any updates

Pros

• my skin never looked this brighter
  • has faded my red marks in just 2 days
  • helps a lot with dry skin or oily skin that goes dry when you put on acne medications

Cons

• does make you itchy when you apply it on your face but that subsides after it has fully absorbed
  • moderate
  • for a day or two
  • $ 0.5
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I bought the vitamin e supplement because I read a lot of great reviews about it treating pimples and removing scars. Well, I regret buying it because it made my face more oily. To cut it short, I don't recomment vitamin E to those who have oily skin.

Pros

• helps in removing pimple scars.

Cons

• I have an oily skin but using this product made my skin more oily. It also aggrevated my pimples.
  • light
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 5
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Vitamin E seems to be helping me with acne. I use with the acne.org regimen and with plenty of water (4-5 liters per day!)

It is also important to note that any vitamin should be taken at a consistant time everyday.

Pros

• Inexpensive
  • Seems to help acne when taken with plenty of water during the day

Cons

• None
  • moderately severe
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 6
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I use it every night and morning.

Can't just put it on the face, it works great with water together, First squeeze tow softgels of oil on the left palm, then use water to wet the right hand. Put oil on the face with wet hands. Then wet both hands, use wet hands to massage face until oil and water into the skin. Morning I use sun cream on top it. It works great.

Pros

• Make skin soft, smooth, bright and spotless

Cons

• A little bit greasy
  • very light
  • for about a year
  • $ 10
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

i'm 28 and have been having slight problems with acne forever. however last year my skin got very dry and i decided to try vitamin e. after a few days my skin looked 10 years younger. or at least a couple years. anyway, my skin cleared up, and the tone of it evened out. it feels greasy going on but the next morning it has all absorbed and WILL NOT CAUSE YOU TO BREAK OUT. quite the opposite.

i barely have to use makeup now.

and i stopped washing my face because i didn't need to anymore.

after i started using mineral makeup which also made my skin better.

i don't know which of these three things turned my skin around but i will never go back to expensive products and drying soaps.

only washing with water, vitamin e at night, and mineral makeup during the way.

i swear by it.

Pros

• evens out skin tone, clears up skin, very cheap, all natural.

Cons

• none at all
  • light
  • for about a year
  • $ 5

By on

I purchased 32000IU from Whole Foods, highest form possible, pure Vitamin E no additives They actually have roll on Vitamin E- so I never get it on my hands. I have only been using it for about a week everyday and all I can say is WOW! I am amazed.

I have an olive oily complexion with very severe acne that bruises easily.

This has not made my skin extra oily which I am amazed by. I recommend this highly.

Pros

• Mositurizing, clears acne spots/damage, does not create more pimples

Cons

• Sticky
  • moderately severe
  • for about a week
  • $ 8.49
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

• $ 2

By on

I have used every single topical treatment since I was a teenager and Differin, Proactiv, Epiduo, Duac, Benzaclyn, etc... At first these medicines did work for me (Proactiv the longest or maybe bc I was also on the pill at the time). However, after awhile my skin became irritated with the constant chemicals and I began to develop rashes. So I stopped all topical treatment all together and just started to use less harsh cleansers and lotions. Now I started using Vitamin E and mixed it with my moisterizer every night and my skin is rash free, acne free and much softer.

I noticed a lot of people complaining about its greasiness but just mix it with nice thick moisterizer and it should lessen the greasiness. I use Aveeno and/or nivea soft.

Pros

• Lessened my acne scars, softens my skin, reduced/ stopped breakouts

Cons

• greasy
  • moderately severe
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 7
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.