Page 5 of Vitamin E reviews

4.3/5 - 184 reviews

Vitamin E

Where to buy is not associated with this product. All proceeds from links go to charity.

Reviewed on June 6, 2010

I had mild-moderate acne as a kid, then clear from 20-26, then wammo-major breakouts as an adult. I am using proactiv-which took about 3.5 months to fully work-but only worked about 95% of the way. I started putting vitamin e oil on at night to help with the dryness and red scarring and it is amazing. I can tell when I don't use it--I do have about 4 pimpless right now, but they are small and under control.

I would recommend using this product, but give it time to work-about 3 weeks I would say.

Reviewed on May 20, 2010

Applied topically (purchased the 100% pure vit e oil from CVS) but worked too slowly for my tastes. It was also incredibly nonabsorbent and always left the hair near my face oily so I could only apply it at nights (so I shower in the morning) or after school when I wouldn't be seeing anyone for the rest of the day. There are better options out there (recently purchased jojoba oil as a replacement -- very absorbent! too soon to make comments on it's effectiveness for fading scars but it is definitely very moisturizing and much easier to apply than vit e)

Reviewed on April 10, 2010

take it orally, don't smear it on your scars like i did.

Reviewed on March 27, 2010

Most of my acne has resided--but the red marks remain! Vitamin E has be phenomenal at clearing things up. It speeds up the healing of dying/inactive pimples.

Basically, I'll get a pimple, apply some Benzyl Peroxide. If it's still inflamed the next day (or next day...), I'll keep applying it. Once it's starting to recede, I'll apply Vitamin E. Within three to five days it'll be faded or gone completely (depending on severity of the pimple).

I apply it everywhere I could potentially get a pimple (face, chest, back), but the majority of my red marks are on my back. Everywhere else (mostly the face) has KEPT clear, looks SMOOTH and frankly, kind of amazing. I'll still get the occasional pimple, but the severity and lifetime of those pimples are low.

It IS oily, so I only apply it at night. This can be a pain, because it can wear off onto your clothes/sheets. There's not much you can do about this, but it isn't really all that bad.

Of course, it may not work for everyone--but I DEFINITELY recommend you try it.

Reviewed on March 12, 2010

Didn't do much for me. I'll just discontinue the product...

Reviewed on March 5, 2010

This is a review for vitamin e oil, not the pills. I have moderate acne, which often results in red marks/skin left behind. I started taking vitamin A pills about 3 months ago and it has helped a lot, also with the help of murad face wash and a toner.I have tried everything to get rid of the red marks: baking soda, bleaching kid, etc. Nothing worked, I've heard lots of reviews for vitamin e, so I read up the reviews on this website and decided to give it a try. I went to the drugstore and couldn't find the pills so I bought the oil instead. It contains grape seed extract oil and vitamin e. I used it for the first time last night. I was really worried about it breaking me out, but I thought again how bad I wanted to get rid of the red skin and marks. I only use it at night. I put two drops of oil in my left palm and added water in my right palm. Then I gently massaged the oil only on the problem areas mainly my forehead, chin and the sids of my nose. The next morning I woke up and the marks looked less noticable and my skin felt smooth. I was very happy. Later on during the day and pimple formed on my forehead near my brow. So I hope it won't break me out, but I'm going to give it a try. I want the red skin gone!!

Reviewed on March 5, 2010

This review is for the Vitamin E oil, not the pills.

This is the single best thing I've found for the red marks which are left after pimples and cysts. I have light acne, and get 2 or 3 pimples at a time. At least one becomes a cyst/giant red thing. These heal with BP, but the red marks remain afterward.

Vitamin E cuts down the healing on these red marks by an amazing amount of time. In 3 nights, a new red mark is almost unnoticable.

For a real bad red mark, I'll get home from work and put some on, then reapply again after my nightly regimen before bed.

It does take some time to absorb into the skin, so if you're worried about your skin looking too oily during the day, just wait until you're at home to use it. It actually feels better on my skin than most moisturizers, but I stick to only using it at night because of the oily feeling.

It's also great for lips. I've tried lip balm with vitamin E in it before, but nothing works like the oil itself.

If you're like me, you count a red mark the same as a pimple. Vitamin E heals them quick and you have one less blemish to worry about.

I've never reviewed a product before, but I had to review this. Please give it a try.

Reviewed on February 28, 2010

i had a bout of acne in january due to exam nerves and my salon recommended me getting a facial which broke me out in 5 days worse than before. i battled with different medications for a week or so and that seemed to cure the acne. this experience left my skin filled with acne scars and red bumps. thats when i started to look for any good acne marks cream and i came across fair and lovely. however that too broke me out in a few days. i looked at the ingredients and found them to be aloe vera and vitamin e and vitamin B3. That gave me a bright idea of why not use aloe from my garden and vitamin e capsule that are cheaply available from the local pharmacy and voila developed my own concoction.(couldnt find vitamin B3)

what i do is break the vitamin e capsule over the aloe leaf and take that gel and rub it all over my marks and any problem areas at night and wash it off with a good cleanser in the morning.

after using two days i have noticed brighter complexion and fading of the red marks. and no new acne has formed.

by the way i have oily skin but the aloe gel and vitamin seem to be doing the trick perfectly well together.

ill keep this on for a week and post the forum with any updates

Reviewed on January 28, 2010

I bought the vitamin e supplement because I read a lot of great reviews about it treating pimples and removing scars. Well, I regret buying it because it made my face more oily. To cut it short, I don't recomment vitamin E to those who have oily skin.

Reviewed on January 25, 2010

Vitamin E seems to be helping me with acne. I use with the regimen and with plenty of water (4-5 liters per day!)

It is also important to note that any vitamin should be taken at a consistant time everyday.