Page 4 of Vitamin E reviews

4.3/5 - 184 reviews

Vitamin E

Where to buy is not associated with this product. All proceeds from links go to charity.

Reviewed on December 1, 2010

i started taking vitamin E about a week ago and im happy.this didnt stop me from breaking out but it has helped with reducing redness.its also easy to swallow.i hope to go to a dermatologist soon because i hate pimples!!!and there are days when im clear and happy but thats only for like not even a week!but with the vitamin E i can say that it has helped making my breakout not so bad.i also put it on the pimples and it totally reduces redness!so i think its worth a try it=)

Reviewed on November 15, 2010

I've been putting vitamin E from the capsule directly on my old acne scars every night for about 3 months now and the appearance of my scars hasn't changed one bit.

It was frustrating and so I did some research and found that the using Vitamin E to heal scars is an old urban legend that has been around since the 1920's.

I know I'm going against the grain of the majority of the reviews here but I believe that the positive results people are experiencing here have nothing to do with Vitamin E or are a placebo.

I just don't want people to think this will be some kind of cheap miracle cure and be disappointed eventually. Read more about studies here: [link removed]

Reviewed on November 6, 2010

vitamin E is good when taken orally and applied topicaly... it is great as a moisturizer after washing your it leaves i feeling soft and hydrated.

Choosing the type of vitamin E is crucial as the better qualities will provide less reactions if you would have a sensitivity.

Reviewed on October 12, 2010

So I've had moderately sever acne pretty much my whole life. I've tried over the counter washes/medications, and prescriptions (Retin-A, Duac). Sometimes they worked for awhile, but for the most part the chemicals made my face dry and scarred. So I decided to try the all natural method...

I know different things work for different people, and what may work for me could indeed break someone else's face out even worse... but I felt like I should share my success. Maybe someone else could benefit from it too!

For about a week now I've been washing my face with a mixture of: 1 teaspoon (or so) of baking soda, honey, a few drops of tea tree oil, few drops of water, and the oil from one vitamin E capsule. I just mix everything together in a little bowl until it's a not too thick, not too thin consistency. Then wash my face with it in the morning and night.

At night (or even in the afternoon, if I don't have to see anybody) I prick a hole in a vitamin E capsule and cover up any acne scars/spots I have. The oil takes awhile to absorb, which is why I do it at night. If there's any extra oil in the capsule at night, I just swallow the pill... supposedly it's good to take it internally as well.

I've been doing this for a little over a week now and... wow... my face is clearer than it has been in a LONG time! My red acne scars have faded and evened out... and my face is actually smooth! I had two acne cysts (you know... the pain-in-the-butt, painful kind). After a few days of using that face wash and vitamin E they are nearly gone!

I'm so surprised and amazed... I hope it lasts! Surprisingly, the extra greasy oil from the vitamin E hasn't broken me out... so I will keep it up! Good luck to you all out there!

Reviewed on September 9, 2010

This stuff is amazing! I was going through a really bad bout of acne before I started vitamin e capsules. I had been taking fish oil which was working well, it keep my break outs small.But my skin redness was really bad. I have a very uneven skin tone. At the time I was also using the topical gel Ziana, which was drying my skin out. But I was also using Eucerin lotion which had oil in it (didnt know that until my doc pointed it out), so my skin was very confused! So I stopped the Ziana and Eucerin and started the vitamin e capsules. My doc also prescribed me Clindamycin T gel, but I now only use that for spot treatment because its an antibiotic. When I started the vitamin e it gave me these little non-acne bumps all over. But they've gone away for the most part and are still going away. My skin is now completely clear, not a pimple in sight. Most of my red marks have faded, and all the blackheads on my chin are gone. The ones on my nose are still in the process of going away. Try it!!!

Reviewed on July 29, 2010

this stuff is amazing!

when im home all day and dont feel like doing anything ill keep applying it only to my scars or acne cuts because im a picker and by the next day they look so much better.

i had 3 yesterday that were quite red because the scabs just fell off i put it on all day and slept with it on at night and this morning they look amazing i can barely see them.

Reviewed on July 8, 2010

I have not been using it long enough to tell any difference in acne or scar repair but after just ONE application, I could tell a huge difference in my skin the next morning. I have oily skin with dry patches occasionly, monthly breakouts, large pores, fine lines, black heads and scars. Normally when I do a deep clean, my face feels very tight and the skin is tender and red. As soon as I applied the Vit E oil my skin cooled and calmed, the red faded and the tightness was instantly gone. It was very very thick and difficult to smooth out, I used the whole capsule. When I woke the next morning there was not one bit of oiliness left. My face was soft and smooth and felt moisturized and it hasnt seemed to get as oily throughout the day as it normally does. I will be thrilled if it actually reduces my pores, lines and scars! Oh yea and my skin tone was much improved, much more even. I definitely recommend and will continue using it myself.

Reviewed on June 15, 2010

This is the only thing that had worked for me.

Everyone should try this:

Cleanse your face.

Always use WARM WATER so the stuff you're putting on your face can actually do something (penetrate the pores)

Use a honey&aspirin mixture on your face for 30min, then exfoliate.

Apply Bio-oil and massage for 10-15 minutes

If you have large pores, use olive oil and massage on your face for 10-15 minutes.

Then, use a Vitamin E capsule and massage your face for 10-15 minutes.

Do NOT slather your face in oil; a tiny bit goes a LONG way.

This WILL make you break out, so use a salicylic-based medicine on top of your acne-prone area after the last step. I'm not too comfortable with benzyol peroxide because it is too harsh on the skin.

This actually works. Don't try to hurry up the massaging process because it's really important if you want to see results. Also, you need to KEEP on doing this to see results.

Reviewed on June 12, 2010

One thing i would like to recommend is that when using Vitamin E oil, make sure you exfoliate before you actually apply it to your skin, it helps absorbtion, as well as taking off the top layer of skin, speeding up the fading of the scar.

I have been using it for a month now and what I do is prik vitamin E capsules with a pin and squees the oil out ant topically apply it to the skin and rub it in. Do this at night as getting it to absorb is tough. Then once apllied, i orally take what is left of the vitamin E capsule. Double the effectivness.

You do have to be patient. Seeing results does take its time, but it sure does work. I do recommend exfoliating before applying as it really does speed up the process!

Reviewed on June 10, 2010

I had severe acne from birth control pills and I tried EVERYTHING to first, get rid of the acne, and then second, get rid of the scarring from the acne. I used to put on benzoyl peroxide at night, but that dried out my skin too much and I still had acne in the morning and no change in scarring. I read on this site about how vitamin E has worked for many people in terms of scarring. I bought Nature's Gate Roll On Vitamin E oil and started to use it at night. I would recommend waiting about 20 minutes before heading to bed so the oil can penetrate your pores.

I noticed a big difference after just three weeks! It has been three months since I started using it and the scars have almost completely disappeared! My acne has also gotten so much better. I plan on continuing to use it since it works so well for me. I definitely recommend the product!