Page 2 of Vitamin E reviews

4.3/5 - 181 reviews

Vitamin E

Reviewed on May 17, 2012

I found a vitamin e gel in walgreen's and decided to try it. I have some old and new acne scars and I can see a difference after only two days. I love the gel because it has no odor, it's not greasy, and absorbs right into the skin. I've also been using tea tree gel which is good, but this seems a little better. I wish I had started using this a long time ago!!!

Reviewed on March 10, 2012

I got a cheap 30000iu vitamin e with coco butter body/face cream for some dry patches. I put it on overnight and it completly remoisturized my skin and redness was greatly reduced. I hear it can clog pores and the coco butter won't help that either but no extra breakouts so far :)

Reviewed on November 26, 2011

I have had these two persistent large red marks on my cheeks back from the beginning of summer (5 months ago). I had started to apply the vitamin e oil at night time and during the day when I was staying at home at the end of September. So I have only been using it for approximately 2 months. During this time I have noticed a reduction in the redness of these marks but nothing totally dramatic. Probably a reduction by 30%. I am hoping that with continued use (next 4 months). That these marks will be GONE!

Reviewed on October 30, 2011

i've been using vitamin e oil for months now. i bought a bottle of it at 'dollar tree' for about 3 bucks and it's not even half empty yet. i use it pretty much every night before bed, whether i have a pimple or not. it works great when i do, because the spot treatments always dry the hell out of my skin. so i dab this on first, let it soak in, then put spot treatment on. i use it all over my face as a moisturizer, including my lips. i have pretty dry skin, especially in the winter, but this has solved that problem for me.

i'm not sure if it actually helps my pimples, but it helps my skin overall, which is just as important to me!

Reviewed on October 4, 2011

I started using Vitamin E after a girl at my school told me it helped her with her shallow indented scarring and red marks by using the oil inside the capsule. I decided to give it a go, since I've never tried anything for spots or scarring but just let it fade naturally. It's been about 1 week since I've started using the Vitamin E and my face is a lot softer. It definitely helps if you ever have a dry spot that needs extra help moisturizing. I've seen some improvement on a couple dark spots on my chin, especially the area where I got a very large cyst. I don't know if it's done anything to my scarring. I am going to keep this up for a while because it's healthy and seems to be working and isn't too expensive. The only reason why I didn't give it a 5/5 is because it clogs my pores and causes breakouts if I leave it on overnight.

Reviewed on August 13, 2011

18 years old and had acne since about 6th grade. I've tried fish oil, vitamin e, and flaxseed oil, and they all gave me giant zits on my face, chest and back. I think it's the oily products that are making it worse.. If I could find something like them that is not oil, i think things would be different.

Reviewed on July 14, 2011

I just started using vitamin E capsules (internally) as well as vitamin A. It has only been a few days now, but I am definitely seeing results. I take one vitamin E capsule a day (it's pretty large.. I do not know the exact size) and two small vitamin A capsules. I also use olive oil or vitamin E oil topically on my face. I apply it pretty generously, let it sit for about 20 minutes and then wash it off with a mild cleanser. So far all of this is helping. I tried this as a last resort before going on medication for my acne.

Reviewed on July 12, 2011

I'm reviewing this because I'm reading the same thing over and over and I think it's quite baffling. For some people, yes, popping the capsules and putting it's content on your face will be fine, but more likely the majority of you are going to break out. Why? Not because vitamin E oil is comdogenic (it isn't), but because the majority of these capsules will contain other ingredients to aid digestion etc. It is very widely available to buy pure Vitamin E oil, and yes even that may break some people out but that's the stuff you should actually be putting on your face. And it's also very likely it won't break you out. Test your boundaries and reactions, put it on for 10 minutes, see how it goes and then give or take from there. That's what I did, and I ended up being fine sleeping in the stuff, and it massively improved my hyper pigmentation. The reviews on this site have been greatly helpful to me, but it's far more important to do actual research. You will never be able to decipher an individuals whole experience from their review, there will always be influences that you won't know about. Your always going to be taking a risk.

Clean your face and hands properly, and apply the oil (H&B do one at 70,000IU for aprox £10). Steaming your face before hand will help it absorb. It will NOT clog your poors, but you MAY have an adverse reaction. They are not the same thing. Wipe it off after 10 minutes, and you will be able to measure if you will react badly in a controllable way. Trust me, this stuff is essential for skin repair, if you don't react badly it will be incredibly good for your scars.

Best of luck. X

by Tayls123 on 05/11/2014 22:13
how long did it take to help your scars?
Reviewed on June 29, 2011

My mom noticed that the left side of my face is swollen where I applied the vitamin e oil (I used 400 i.u capsules) so I decided to wash off my face and that is when i noticed strange bumps forming on that side of my face. I've only started using it for a few days, applying it once in the afternoon and once at night and also digesting the remainder of the capsule each time. I think maybe my skin is too sensitive, either that or maybe i shouldn't have applied it over biooil. As many people have no problem using the vitamin e capsule, i think that i may be one of those unfortunate ones that can't. I think I will continue digesting it, I'll just not be applying it topically and will probably go back to using only biooil. Wish you all better luck than me. (i only give this a positive rating because I know that vitamin e capsules are always good for you and your skin when swallowed)

Reviewed on June 27, 2011

Well, I tried almost everything to cure my acne and nothing worked for me. My acne was getting severe and I had a lot of scars on my face :(. I was a model before I got acne and It was horrible when I had to cover me pimples with makeup. Well, I went to my doctor and she gave me Differin lotion. This was the worst thing I ever tried. My skin got worst, I used it for a 2 months and my face was dry, red and with tons of scars. Then I was looking in the internet and I found an article related to vitamin E. So I bought the capsules and I start using this as a way to get rid of scars. So I stopped using differine and I replaced for the capsules and Baby Johnsons soap. This two products are like a miracle, I don't have no scars, I still have some small little pimples but nothing to complain. I start using this home treatment 3 weeks ago and is working so far. I mean my acne is almost gone so I have to be thankfull.

This is what I do every day, I hope this works 4 u guys.

1) When I wake up I wash my face with J&J soap

2) After brackfast I take a pill of Vitamin E.

3) I drink a lot of water

4) After I go to sleep I wash my face with the soap again and then I apply the Vitamin E oil on my face.

I hope this works for you. My face is supper sensible so if you have the same skin I have this is gonna be perfect for you. Good luck to all of you :)