Page 4 of Vitamin D reviews

Vitamin D

Vitafusion Vitamin D3, 2000 IU, Gummy Vitamins, 150 ea
updated: 10/21/2014 03:25 UTC

Reviewed on October 12, 2010

I had acne for ten years. Four times I had prescription medical treatment supervised by a dermatologist (twice Iso-tretinoin (accutane, roacuttan) and twice tetra-cyclin) with little or no help. I washed my face with anti-bacterical soaps till it was dry as a sand paper. I made an excel sheet to try to figure out causality of foods causing white heads or cysts. I've spent nearly 1000e to fix this.

Then this $12 little jar of Vitamin D 125µg (5000 IU) fixed it all. :))

Here in Finland we get very little sun light. The summer is short and I am at work during day-light hours. The state had made everything possible to ensure I don't get this vitamin. They lied, they put barriers.

The official recommendation for Vitamin D is 10µg/day. 50 is Toxic!! I read that doctors are legally bound to follow these recommendations. They can't prescribe more! (Not that they would even think of). The official recommendation is based on a pretty incompetent research decades old.

Pharmacies cannot sell pills with more than 10µg. Internet orders have sometimes been confiscated by customs: "Illegal! Contains Horse Dosages!"

Lessons Learned:

o Vitamin D Rocks!!!

o Incompetence everywhere.

o Do not trust anyone who claims to be an expert.

o Trust only good quality knowledge.

Also, I read from a research that vitamin D helps only in every third acne case. I guess it depends on what the source of the problem is.

Reviewed on September 17, 2010

Many who live in northern countries have a chronic deficiancy of vitamin D in the winter, so it's definitely recommended if you don't get enough sunlight. I've been taking vitamin D (80-140µg per day) for about two months now and was hopeful it would work for me because my face always clears up in the summer. Sadly it hasn't improved my acne at all.

I'd say give it a shot, it might work for you.

Reviewed on April 13, 2010

I had a blood test recently to screen for an overproduction of testosterone in my body, which might help explain my acne. All levels came back normal EXCEPT for a deficiency in Vitamin D. My doctor prescribed a weekly dose of 50,000i of Vitamin D. It has done wonders, not only for my acne, but for my overall wellbeing. Depression and fatigue are symptoms of a vitamin D deficiency. Since I've been taking this prescription (3 weeks), I've noticed a considerable improvement in my mood and energy level. I call these my "happy pills." :)

Reviewed on March 10, 2010

You're crazy if you don't supplement Vitamin D. Most people in today's life styles don't get enough exposure to the sun. Typically your skin can absorb as much as 10,000 IU of vitamin D in 15 minutes. Note this does not mean you should take 10,000 IU. Pill form is absorbed very differently from direct sunlight.

Vitamin D is critical, emphasis on critical for cellular functions, it's one of the most important single supplement you can take. If you don't get enough sun exposure or you typically find yourself in doors, maybe you should think about supplementing D. Sitting behind a window in a car doesn't work for sun exposure, people.

I leave you with this.

"I believe I may say that at no time in my dermatological experience have I felt such complete satisfaction with a treatment as I have with the cases of this series. I know that vitamin D is an imperfect weapon to slay this disfiguring disease, but it undoubtedly gives one a feeling of being well defended. From the patients’ viewpoint, it has left little to be desired, as they find themselves improving, both in appearance and in general well-being. Many have expressed the sentiment, “Never felt better.”

Everyday people are injecting their bodies with chemicals they have no idea about. The body is a marvelously clever mechanism, it express dissatisfaction in physical and mental symptoms. The only supplements you should ever put in your body are the ones that come from nature. Period. "

Reviewed on February 16, 2010

I'm taking Vitamin D pills together with Fish Oil and it's working really well. In just about a month and a half I went from from moderate acne (yellow zits and a few big bumps/cysts) to a "completely" clear face (about 95% clear I'd say)

My dosage is,

1000mgx4 Fish Oil pills per day

800 IEx2 Vitamin D per day

(Only 35% of each Fish Oil pill is Omega 3)

Reviewed on December 24, 2009

Just generally feeling more alive every day, less stress so less breakouts. Was suprised there was nothing about it in the reviews section. This is one of the few vitamins everybody should look into.

More about vitamin d: