Page 4 of Vitamin D reviews

Vitamin D

Vitafusion Vitamin D3, 2000 IU, Gummy Vitamins, 150 ea
updated: 03/03/2015 02:59 UTC

Reviewed on February 5, 2011

My whole life I've had very good skin, maybe

3 pimples a month and I've always had very

slight problems with dryness. 5 months ago when my senior year started in the fall I started consistently breaking out and getting horrible dry skin at the same time. I cant use topical acne treatments because they make my skin so sensitive, so I just bought an aloe Vera plant and cut open the leaves and rubbed the gel on like lotion, which helped the dryness and flaking a little. But it got to the

point where my skin was constantly peeling

like a sunburn and I was breaking out horribly,

in places I've never broken out before in my

life like my forehead and chin. I had constant

anxiety ranging from a general sense of dread

to heart pounding semi anxiety attacks. I also

had sensitivity to blood sugar spikes after

meals.

I went to the doctor and she did blood tests. I was vitamin d deficient, and had been ever

since fall started. I took vitamin d and within half an hour I felt my mood just lift. It started slowly helping my skin. A week later I started

taking the capsules that come with vitamin d

and calcium together and the good results

tripled, my skin cleared up it's dryness and my

pimples were all gone. Unfortunately I started

birth control (still taking vit d and calcium at

the same time throughout) two days after my

skin got perfect and it made me break out

again. But I'm about to go off the BC and I

know my skin will go back to perfect and the

good mood the vit d gave has maintained

throughout taking the BC (about the only side

effect I haven't had with BC is mood swings,

I'm a poster child for all the others)

Actual bottom line:

Take the pills that come with vit d and calcium

together, otherwise your body won't absorb it

as effectively

It only worked for me cause my acne was

caused by d deficiency, if it doesn't work it

means you already have

Reviewed on January 15, 2011

today is my 5th day taking 2000iu of D3 once a day and for the first time since I began puberty I feel like something's worked. I'm a 21 year old male and I live in Minnesota where we have cold long winters and at least for me, my acne gets bad in the winter and clears up in the summer and I've honestly tried everything and after trial and many errors I went to a derm who prescribed me with minocyclin, differin 3.0 for night and clindagel for morning and I don't use any moisturizer because I don't like all that sh*t on my face. I still use all of the above....

Vitamin D3=lack of painful cysts

Try it. Bottom line, vitamin D is good for you as long as you don't OD on it and if it could cure your acne like it has mine there's no risk unlike accutane.

If you think you might be lacking sunlight this is DEFINITELY worth your time.

Reviewed on January 8, 2011

In July 2010, I had gotten a huge, painful pimple just below my nose and couldn't figure out what caused it. Then, over the next 3 months, I had been breaking out even more on my nose and in that area below my nose but above my upper lip. Every time I had gotten a pimple under control, a new one formed. After coming across one of the message boards on this site in October 2010 ("Vitamin D... I'm finally clear!!"), it occurred to me that I hadn't been getting enough sunlight so I decided to start taking Vitamin D3 tablets. Well, they started working right away! I started out by taking 1,000 I.U. per day and the day after I started taking them, I hadn't broken out on my nose (pimples were popping up on my nose nearly every single day). I realized that the Vitamin D levels in my body were very low, so I upped the dosage. I also had to keep increasing the dosage because I kept getting pimples in the area between my nose and my upper lip. Right now, I take 13,000 I.U. per day because it's the winter time and there is practically no sunlight here, plus I'm usually at home all day since I'm looking for a job, so it's tough to get Vitamin D from the sun. As the weather gets warmer and I get out more, I'm definitely gonna lower that dosage, but for now, it works perfectly. In the past month and a half, I haven't gotten anymore pimples at all, so I know that a Vitamin D deficiency was causing my breakouts.

I would definitely recommend this to people. I don't think that it would hurt to try it, but I'd suggest starting out with a low dosage (maybe 1,000 or 2,000 I.U. per day) to experiment. If you notice that you are getting breakouts when you don't get enough sunlight, a Vitamin D deficiency could be the cause.

Reviewed on October 12, 2010

I had acne for ten years. Four times I had prescription medical treatment supervised by a dermatologist (twice Iso-tretinoin (accutane, roacuttan) and twice tetra-cyclin) with little or no help. I washed my face with anti-bacterical soaps till it was dry as a sand paper. I made an excel sheet to try to figure out causality of foods causing white heads or cysts. I've spent nearly 1000e to fix this.

Then this $12 little jar of Vitamin D 125µg (5000 IU) fixed it all. :))

Here in Finland we get very little sun light. The summer is short and I am at work during day-light hours. The state had made everything possible to ensure I don't get this vitamin. They lied, they put barriers.

The official recommendation for Vitamin D is 10µg/day. 50 is Toxic!! I read that doctors are legally bound to follow these recommendations. They can't prescribe more! (Not that they would even think of). The official recommendation is based on a pretty incompetent research decades old.

Pharmacies cannot sell pills with more than 10µg. Internet orders have sometimes been confiscated by customs: "Illegal! Contains Horse Dosages!"

Lessons Learned:

o Vitamin D Rocks!!!

o Incompetence everywhere.

o Do not trust anyone who claims to be an expert.

o Trust only good quality knowledge.

Also, I read from a research that vitamin D helps only in every third acne case. I guess it depends on what the source of the problem is.

Reviewed on September 17, 2010

Many who live in northern countries have a chronic deficiancy of vitamin D in the winter, so it's definitely recommended if you don't get enough sunlight. I've been taking vitamin D (80-140µg per day) for about two months now and was hopeful it would work for me because my face always clears up in the summer. Sadly it hasn't improved my acne at all.

I'd say give it a shot, it might work for you.

Reviewed on April 13, 2010

I had a blood test recently to screen for an overproduction of testosterone in my body, which might help explain my acne. All levels came back normal EXCEPT for a deficiency in Vitamin D. My doctor prescribed a weekly dose of 50,000i of Vitamin D. It has done wonders, not only for my acne, but for my overall wellbeing. Depression and fatigue are symptoms of a vitamin D deficiency. Since I've been taking this prescription (3 weeks), I've noticed a considerable improvement in my mood and energy level. I call these my "happy pills." :)

Reviewed on March 10, 2010

You're crazy if you don't supplement Vitamin D. Most people in today's life styles don't get enough exposure to the sun. Typically your skin can absorb as much as 10,000 IU of vitamin D in 15 minutes. Note this does not mean you should take 10,000 IU. Pill form is absorbed very differently from direct sunlight.

Vitamin D is critical, emphasis on critical for cellular functions, it's one of the most important single supplement you can take. If you don't get enough sun exposure or you typically find yourself in doors, maybe you should think about supplementing D. Sitting behind a window in a car doesn't work for sun exposure, people.

I leave you with this.

"I believe I may say that at no time in my dermatological experience have I felt such complete satisfaction with a treatment as I have with the cases of this series. I know that vitamin D is an imperfect weapon to slay this disfiguring disease, but it undoubtedly gives one a feeling of being well defended. From the patients’ viewpoint, it has left little to be desired, as they find themselves improving, both in appearance and in general well-being. Many have expressed the sentiment, “Never felt better.”

Everyday people are injecting their bodies with chemicals they have no idea about. The body is a marvelously clever mechanism, it express dissatisfaction in physical and mental symptoms. The only supplements you should ever put in your body are the ones that come from nature. Period. "

Reviewed on February 16, 2010

I'm taking Vitamin D pills together with Fish Oil and it's working really well. In just about a month and a half I went from from moderate acne (yellow zits and a few big bumps/cysts) to a "completely" clear face (about 95% clear I'd say)

My dosage is,

1000mgx4 Fish Oil pills per day

800 IEx2 Vitamin D per day

(Only 35% of each Fish Oil pill is Omega 3)

by MMseptember on 01/31/2015 12:37
Hey :) I just wanted to know if ur acne came back? Any updates. I started to take vitamind3 a week ago but i still get some pimples here and there, is this normal? Or should i give it a more than a month?
Reviewed on December 24, 2009

Just generally feeling more alive every day, less stress so less breakouts. Was suprised there was nothing about it in the reviews section. This is one of the few vitamins everybody should look into.

More about vitamin d: