Page 3 of Vitamin D reviews

4.1/5 - 40 reviews

Vitafusion Vitamin D3, 2000 IU, Gummy Vitamins, 150 ea
updated: 07/06/2015 10:07 UTC

Reviewed on March 25, 2012

I bought a bottle of vitamin D3 from Whole Foods not for acne, but because a blood test I had done showed low levels of it. My acne clearing up was a wonderful and unexpected side effect of taking the pills - it really has been years since my facial skin has been consistently clear.

It probably won't work for everybody, but since many people around the world are glued to their electronics and hardly see the light of day nowadays, it is quite possible that some acne is associated with a lack of sunlight. My vitamin D has 400 IU and I pop a few of them each day. It is vitamin D3 (Not just D), which is apparently more like the type you get from being exposed to sunlight.

Anyway, I've been taking these pills for about 2 weeks and it is the first thing that has drastically improved my skin in such a small amount of time. I believe that it is really worth a try (as most people are deficient in vitamin D anyway :P), just make sure that you buy something good quality and that it says D3. I really hope this works for others like it did for me!

Reviewed on February 16, 2012

Have been having pretty bad acne off and on for 8 years or so, over the last 2 years it's been getting even worse, on my back, arms, and face. Just started taking this approx. 5 days ago, skin is almost completely clear everywhere, I've not been this clear since like 5 years ago, I'm going to keep it up, and keep an eye on it all, but so far I've never seen any results like this. I've tried just about everything you can think of with diet and natural supplements. Oh, I'm also back on Zinc and vit A because I noticed they helped "slightly" in the past, so between those three I'm almost completely clear, and weird skin issues (like oily AND peeling skin, constantly chapped lips) are all going away as well... Pretty amazing... I always suspected I was D deficient since I only go outside at night time.

So regimen is this:

Zinc - One adult serving

Vit A - One adult serving

Vit D3 - 1,000IU twice per day

I take the kind that's in a drip bottle.

Reviewed on February 15, 2012

I am 32 and I have been battling severe acne for a couple years. I have been on Minocycline, spironolactone and Duac and of course I have tried EVERY face cream and product on the planet. You name it, I've tried it! I am indoors all day and when I am outside I always wear sunscreen so I get almost no sunlight! I read the reviews on vitamin D and rushed out to get a bottle. I started taking 1000IU Vitamin D a day and a multi vitamin. It has been 2 weeks and I have seen a significant improvement in my acne. I have never posted on here before but I am really excited about the improvement I've seen. So go get some and good luck!

Reviewed on December 14, 2011

I heard great reviews about vitamin d but i guess it's not for me since it didn't do anything for my acne. I still kept breaking out. I took it for 2 weeks and nothing happened.

Reviewed on July 2, 2011

It works to help manage acne. But, to get rid of acne completely other vitamins are needed in addition to vitamin D. I found Vitamin A was good but alternatively a good multivitamin can help assist acne, if you don't to buy a bag full of different vitamins! I noticed the texture of my skin was smoother when taking this and if you get breakouts on the jawline, I reccommend this and vitamin A it is a MUST! Because both work together for hormonal acne. I used to have acne towards my jawline. It decreased after taking this and doing excerise, eating healthy and drinking water. It will work however, remember eating it without consideration of junk foods and expecting it to work, is like a hit (you nearly clear out the acne) and miss (toxins in the skin erupt from sodas, fast food and sweets). Now, one big tip is that you don't have to give up all the foods that are not so good for you once a in a WHILE is ok! Eat in moderation, have one or two sweets instead of the packet ^_^ I'm talking from experience. But bottom line is I believe it worked for me and it may and may not work for you but hey, it's worth a try!

Reviewed on June 14, 2011

I wanted to comment on Vitamin D after I've been using it for awhile and would have a strong basis for an accurate review. Although I'm seeing a lot of positive reviews I wonder how many of these will change after a longer period of use. Whether it be the placibo effect, randomness of your acne cycles, whatever, vitamin D had no real benefit for me.

I'm a white male in my early 30s with mild/moderate acne. I had bad acne in high school; Accutane was the only solution I found, but after a 10 year period of relatively clear skin, I've now been experiencing the occasional breakouts. Before I go back to Accutane, I wanted to see if there were cheaper and less 'last resort' methods of cleaning up my skin. Initially I tried Vitamin D with fish oil, then just vitamin D on it's own with a generalized multi-vitamin I had already been taking. In the first few weeks I thought Vitamin D was working, but after 5-6 weeks my skin reverted back to where it was pre-vitamin D, so I discontinued it after 60 days.

Maybe this worked for others, it had no positive effects for me; since this is an 'acne forum' I'm rating it a 2 out of 5. Feel free to give it a shot, what the hell, it's cheap - just don't expect miracles.

I'm gonna try that acne script next, so look for my review there in a few months, lol!

Reviewed on June 14, 2011

I take 10,000 ui of vitamin a day and in the first week i noticed a deffinite change in my skin. My skin is so smooth now after only 2 weeks and no acne at all!

Reviewed on May 30, 2011

Tried this for 8 days. I believe that if something is meant to work, it should work within a week. I tried this for a week, and I was still breaking out throughout the time I trialled this...

Just in case your wondering, I'm someone that wish to achieve a CURE (100% clear), and not something that just improves the situation a little.

Just writing this in case someone is being bought into all the positive reviews.

Reviewed on May 19, 2011

I have seen an improvement in my skin since I started taking 3000 IU daily about 2 weeks ago. Make sure its D3...I am going add another 1000 or 2000 IU and see what happens. I am taking the Sundown Naturals brand softgels, bought them at Food Lion.

Reviewed on May 19, 2011

I'v suffered with acne for as long as I can remember. Probably ever since I started going threw puberty. Its had a huge affect on my self-esteem growing up. I always hoped I would one day grow out of it but being 21 years of age now and still suffering with acne is tough. My acne was under control for a little while up until about 8 months ago ... My skin broke out with cystic acne all over. It was an on going thing for about 6 months. It was like I couldn't control it. One would go away and two more would appear. Iv always noticed that in the summer months my skin appears more clear... the only difference between summer and winter is vitamin D. Well that and I think everyone is a little more ... happier in the summer months. So I began taking 1000 IU of vitamin D 2x a day among a few other things. My face and back acne both seem to be clearing up so I am convinced the vitamins are working. I am going to up my dose as of today to 3000 IU a day and see if there is more improvement, seeing as I'm unsure of the daily recommended amount ... &nd don't want to over do it. I would recommend this to anyone ... there is no harm in it. Thats the beauty in all natural products<3