Page 2 of Vitamin D (Vitamin D3) reviews

4.1/5 - 42 reviews

Vitafusion Vitamin D3, 2000 IU, Gummy Vitamins, 150 ea
updated: 09/04/2015 21:54 UTC

Reviewed on April 30, 2013

vitamin D seems to be working for my REALLY stubborn skin.

i read that it was a trending treatment and i had a bottle of these multivitamins, so i started taking one every day to see if anything happened. i literally went from a few horrible new deep zits a week to nothing since i started. the review i read said there would be a month of purging but so far no purge for me.

here are the vitamins i am taking:

[link removed]

i have tried:

various scrubbing methods

coconut oil

lemons

accutane (worked but too dangerous to keep up)

Reviewed on April 7, 2013

A life saver! Take vitamin D3 (5,000 IU a day), it is the only kind that will work on your acne. I used epiduo before taking vitamin D3 and D3 has done a better job in controlling my acne.

Reviewed on February 8, 2013

I have had acne for a few years now and only recently has it slowed down, but has not come to a complete halt. Acne.org pointed me in the direction of vitamin D3 (Now Foods Vitamin D3). I have been taking it in combination with zinc (Source Naturals Optizinc Zinc Monomethionine 30mg) and it has been working wonders. My face is clearing up and has never felt this smooth. Vitamin D3 has definitely made a difference.

by pinkietusc72 on 02/18/2015 07:40
How long did it take to start clearing up? I have been taking 5,000 vit d + vit K combo for ten days and started zinc 4 days ago per this sites advice. I have not had any change.
Reviewed on February 2, 2013

It's in my multivitamin and I take 2000ius on top of that. People around me suffer from my bad moods when I don't take them.

Reviewed on January 22, 2013

This is the only thing that has eliminated my oily skin and acne other than accutane. I have had acne for over 20 years and tried everything including accutane 3 times and all topicals, antibiotics and even lasers and blue light therapy.. The accutane worked wonders while on it but acne and oily skin always returned shortly after treatment. Vitamin D has all the benefits of accutane without any of the side effects. Do research on Vit D and you will find it is actually a hormone that is normally produced and absorbed in the skin by UV. Your body needs Vitamin D and if you are deficient it could be that your skin is creating excessive sebum to try and produce more Vitamin D. It's to complicated to begin to describe here but do some research online and you may find that your acne is due to Vitamin D deficiency. Give it a shot. It is cheap and you will know within a few weeks if it is working if your sebum production decreases or stops. Acne resolution could take longer if you have many whiteheads/blackheads that need to come up (just like accutane) but stick with it and you may see amazing results like I have. I take it with a Vitamin C as well.

Reviewed on December 19, 2012

Never got poorly but th i think it did improve skin a lil i took it for fair few months and 5000iu aswell. No that's not a typing error 5000iu cos i read somewhere there thinkin of changing the rda to this.

Reviewed on September 19, 2012

About my experience. In April I began to start taking green smoothies and bought a mountain bike and started mountain biking 6 days a week up until June when I got a new job. My skin was amazingly clear in comparison to what it was. I attributed it too just the green smoothies I was taking.Up until then I didn't really spend a lot of time outside. I spent a lot of time at the gym, indoors for work and school and hockey. But that changed when I started mountain biking.

Silly me didn't put two and two together that my skin was remarkably clearer due to the amount of vitamin D i was getting from being outside for 2 hours each day. So skip to the end of June, I got a new job and just didn't have time to bike anymore. Had to start hitting the gym again cause of my work schedule. Within two weeks my skin started going downhill again and I got very frustrated as I kept up my green smoothies and I didn't know why. I was so upset and angry until I came across this article that said up to 80-90 percent of people are vitamin D deficient especially in Northern countries and it finally hit me. Omg it was vitamin D all along.

In the article they recommend between 2000-4000 IU per day of vitamin D3. It's been 4 days and I already notice my skin is healing quicker. Breakouts have almost stopped dead in their tracks and my skin is returning to early summer condition. I feel so stupid not realizing this after 10 years of suffering. Tried every over the counter product with little to no success.

I've combined this regime with 10,000IU of Vita A, 400 IU of E and omega 3 twice per day. I'm also going to be adding 1 zinc tablet per day, Vitamin C and a B complex this week.

IF you have suffered for a long time and have never tried this, you owe it to yourself to give it a shot. It makes sense with the amount we spend indoors now as a society that we aren't getting enough D.

Reviewed on July 18, 2012

I started taking Vitamin D over a year ago because i had a deficiency. It wasn't a miracle cure or anything, but it definitely helped the overall look of my skin.

I also stopped getting a huge (almost cyst type) pimple every month.

It's worth taking it, but you'll get the best results from it if you combine it with other things like Vitamin E, Zinc, and just taking good and careful care of your skin :)

Reviewed on June 17, 2012

I started taking Vitamin D supplements because a blood test showed a deficiency and I was told by family members that it increased energy and mental clarity. I never expected it to have this type of result on acne. I went through a second round of accutane for 8 months which cleared my acne completely. However the acne came back. BP and salicylic acid kind of worked but I wasn't satisfied and they dried my skin out. I soon noticed however after taking vitamin d for a few weeks that the my acne had disappeared. I conducted a few tests to see if it was in fact the vitamin d that was the culprit. Every time I stopped the vitamin d the acne would come back. I literally noticed over night that when I took a dose again, the acne on my face started to heal. The inflammation would decrease drastically. I also noticed my face was much less oily.

I continue to take vitamin d with very good results. I take 5000IU a day. 2000IU in the morning and 3000IU at night. Any acne I do get is very tiny and heals very fast with virtually no inflammation.