Vitamin D reviews

Vitafusion Vitamin D3, 2000 IU, Gummy Vitamins, 150 ea
updated: 03/28/2015 10:55 UTC

finally content
Reviewed on March 7, 2015

To start I started getting acne in 8th grade really bad t zone acne, forehead and inner cheeks full of red dots, went on tretinoin cream and clindamycin and I was clear... Then winter came around as a freshman and I dealt again with overly dry red dot t zone acne again. I went on doxycycline for 6 months in 9th grade and I had the clearest skin ever in combination with cetaphil and clindamycin.... Went off doxy and broke out horribly, very sad :( but I noticed that after that bad break out when I joined soccer and was out in the sun all day every day I was clearing up ALOT.. Winter comes around again in 10th grade and I break out again.. Feeling hopeless I am prescribed Minocyclin, which thank god I decided not to take. At this time I am using OCM w hemp oil and clarisonic every other day, but It always seemed like it was something inside of me breaking out. My diet has always been meticulous, never drank milk or ate junk food and drank a ton of water. I was so confused and sad because the OCM was breaking me out so bad and I even tried ACV Which never worked either. I was so close to starting antibiotics again bc I was so sad. But I began to think why am I so clear in the summer but never in the winter.. So I started doing research and took vitamin d3 6000 iu and I'm now almost two months in and my skin is so much clearer I really hope this lasts.. I must have been really deficient considering I don't drink any milk, I've also noticed my digestive system has been awesome too.. Has anyone else had an experience like this? My anxiety is finally going away too

by lovekovach130 on 03/07/2015 18:15
I'm now washing my face every night with cerave hydrating cleanser and clarisonic with it every other night.. Clindamycin lotion.
broke me out
Reviewed on January 5, 2015

Thought it was THE cure! started clearing up my face.

I have a slight deficiency and i took 5,000 UI per day.

On 2 occasions, I have had a severe breakout after 1 week.

I am currently battling one, with itchy pimples and boils like pustules.

Stopping supplementing as of today.

Could be that I took too much, or could be the ingredients in my supplement.

But no cure for me.

by kecola on 01/07/2015 08:05
You have to supplement with vitamin a when you take vitamin d and vice versa. They keep each other's toxicity in check. That's why zinc worked like a miracle for me at first but after two months my acne came back full force. In the case of zinc and copper, thwy compete and deplete each other so just taking one will deplete the other over time and being deficient in either causes acne. You need to start takubg vutamin a along with vitamin d for it to start getting rid of your acne permanently. Without the vitamin a to keep it's toxicity in check, the toxins have built up and are coming out of your skin.
Never thought my skin would clear up! Vitamin D3 is miraculous.
Reviewed on January 3, 2015

I've had acne for 10+ years, and it always comes in cycles, usually the very worst toward the end of my "cycle." It has never been clear for an extended period of time. My skin is not oily at all, it's extremely dry because I have atopic dermatitis as well, so fighting acne has always come at the expense of my eczema and the other way around. I've had treatments for my hormones, cut different things out of my diet at different times, tried proactiv, antibiotics, and everything in between. I also use the clarisonic Mia 2, and am 99% sure that my acne was not a topical problem. Finally, someone suggested that I may have a vitamin D deficiency. I already had been taking zinc, fish oil, and vitamin E, so I had no qualms about sing in vitamin D3. Within a month... WOW. My skin is not perfect, but it has not looked this great in years! At first I thought that it was a fluke, but when my time of the month came, I only had one or two small pimples on my chin. I take the vitafusion gummies, and I loooove them. I'm 23 years old, so it's about darn time that something works! If you're at the end of your rope, I would highly recommend vitamin D3 if your problem does not appear to be a topical issue.

by anna999 on 01/04/2015 03:14
It helped me with my "hormonal" acne too!!
Vitamin D dried out my greasy skin and greasy hair and stopped my acne
Reviewed on November 24, 2014

I had cystic acne for 13 years that got worse as I was ovulating every month. It appeared to be hormonal acne. I of course tried so many things that didn't work. Then one day I read about vitamin D3 and a week after taking it my acne was gone. I take 7000 IU per day. I am a 120lb female. The more I take the drier my skin is which is what stops my acne from happening. The first two weeks that I took it, my skin started peeling a lot. I loved it. The peeling made my hyperpigmentation go away faster and if there was a small bump, it would peel right off, rather than growing into a big infected cyst. If I take 8000 IU it’s too much because my eyelids and eyeballs start to dry out. At one point I took 10 000 IU for a few days and my eyes got extremely dry and puffy. If I take 5000 IU it still works, but I get small bumps here and there. If I miss my Vitamin D pills for half a day I begin to break out again. I’ve been taking it for about a month now. I ovulated without breaking out for the first time in my life. My hair is also not uncontrollably greasy anymore. I can wash it every 2 days now, where I used to have to wash it 1-2 times per day and it always looked terribly greasy before washes.

Holy Grail
Reviewed on August 5, 2014

Through researching acne.org, I decided to give zinc and D3 a try. Wow wow wow is all I can say. The combination works better than the antiobiotics I've taken in the past like Minocycline. I know that I most likely was Vitamin D deficient since I never see the sun with my overnight shift at work. I don't know if it's a placebo affect or not, but I also notice that I'm not really depressed anymore and that my skin glows (in addition to being CLEAR for the first time in over a decade). The addition of Zinc and D3 to the Regimen was the final touch I needed to take me from mostly clear to 100% clear....hopefully the scars go away completely soon. I got the gummies by Vitafusion. They taste better than candy, which makes me way more inclined to take them. I started on 4,000 iu daily since I am most likely deficient. I'll most likely keep it at that amount since newer studies recommend around 5,000, as opposed to the previously recommended much lower amounts.

by kecola on 01/07/2015 08:15
Vitamin d deficiency is known for causing depression so I'm glad you're feeling better :) I'm depressed but not in the sad, I wanna die and cry way. Just extremely bored 24/7, disinterested in everything, no motivation, or energy kind of depression. Also just found out from bloodwork that I'm deficient in vitamin d. So there you have it. Nature's happy vitamin lol.
by Kara=VW on 01/09/2015 18:05
do you think it will work on cystic acne associated with once a month period flare ups? cystic is the worse!
Caused worst breakout ever
Reviewed on September 2, 2013

I took vitamin d 1000mg daily on 2 occasions. The first time I took it for 2 weeks. I thought that vitamin d was the miracle cure as my skin looked fantastic. However, during the 2 weeks I noticed little bumps all over my arms- sore pimples. But my face had never looked better. BUT towards the end of the second week I had THE WORST BREAKOUT IN MY LIFE!!! My face was destroyed and I couldn't leave my room for 2 days!! I thought it was because of an interaction with the omega 3 fish oil I started taking at the beginning of the second week so I stopped both.

I thought the first incident was a fluke so I (stupidly) tried it again without the fish oil this time. It took about 2 weeks for me to see an improvement in my face this time but I had very clear skin on my face for 2 weeks after that. I had lots of pimples of my legs and arms during this time. After the 4 weeks of using vitamin d, I broke out terribly again.

But vitamin d is stored in the body so I have been breaking out for 2 weeks every month for the last 3 months. And it seems to be associated with my menstrual cycle. Prior to taking vitamin d, I never had bad breakouts and my acne wasn't influenced by my cycle- but random spots. It would appear that vitamin d had some interaction with oestrogen or progesterone and I can now pinpoint the day when I will start to breakout and the day my skin will get better each month. I just wish I hadn't taken it the second time round as I don't know if these terrible breakouts every two weeks are going to be permanent :(

by jezzabella114 on 07/16/2014 09:56
1000mg or 1000iu??
Where's the sun gone?!
Reviewed on June 27, 2013

I started using vitamin d because it was on a really good deal (only cost a penny!) and I was feeling depressed about the great british 'summer' that wasn't happening. I wasn't sure if it would help my acne but I used it to try and prolong holiday skin. It did work for a while and delayed my skin from going back to normal but it hasn't really made much difference otherwise. My mood seems a lot better though, so on a non-acne related note I'd recommend it. I have also noticed I haven't had any cystic acne (touch wood!) in the month I've been using them where I'd normally get 1 or 2. When my tablets run out I will probably buy again but only if they are on offer!

Not all Good News
Reviewed on June 2, 2013

I thought that vitamin d might finally be that thing that clears me up. Find out its just another placebo induced supplement that break you out even worse. I ended up breaking out in cystic acne in areas that I never had after using it for a few months. Taking vitamin d will be taking a risk to break out even more. And for people wondering my skin break out on fish oil, when others dont. I wasted my time here.

by freja on 06/03/2013 22:35
If it's a placebo that it is not the cause of breaking you out, either.
by shurett on 05/11/2014 13:35
This is ridiculous, vitamin D is the same thing that's found in the sun so that would mean each time you walk outside you would break out in cystic acne.
by kecola on 01/07/2015 08:19
You do know that you have to take vitamin a and vitamin d together right?
Reviewed on April 30, 2013

vitamin D seems to be working for my REALLY stubborn skin.

i read that it was a trending treatment and i had a bottle of these multivitamins, so i started taking one every day to see if anything happened. i literally went from a few horrible new deep zits a week to nothing since i started. the review i read said there would be a month of purging but so far no purge for me.

here are the vitamins i am taking:

[link removed]

i have tried:

various scrubbing methods

coconut oil

lemons

accutane (worked but too dangerous to keep up)

Reviewed on April 7, 2013

A life saver! Take vitamin D3 (5,000 IU a day), it is the only kind that will work on your acne. I used epiduo before taking vitamin D3 and D3 has done a better job in controlling my acne.