Vitamin D reviews

Vitafusion Vitamin D3, 2000 IU, Gummy Vitamins, 150 ea
updated: 11/23/2014 18:43 UTC

Holy Grail
Reviewed on August 5, 2014

Through researching acne.org, I decided to give zinc and D3 a try. Wow wow wow is all I can say. The combination works better than the antiobiotics I've taken in the past like Minocycline. I know that I most likely was Vitamin D deficient since I never see the sun with my overnight shift at work. I don't know if it's a placebo affect or not, but I also notice that I'm not really depressed anymore and that my skin glows (in addition to being CLEAR for the first time in over a decade). The addition of Zinc and D3 to the Regimen was the final touch I needed to take me from mostly clear to 100% clear....hopefully the scars go away completely soon. I got the gummies by Vitafusion. They taste better than candy, which makes me way more inclined to take them. I started on 4,000 iu daily since I am most likely deficient. I'll most likely keep it at that amount since newer studies recommend around 5,000, as opposed to the previously recommended much lower amounts.

Caused worst breakout ever
Reviewed on September 2, 2013

I took vitamin d 1000mg daily on 2 occasions. The first time I took it for 2 weeks. I thought that vitamin d was the miracle cure as my skin looked fantastic. However, during the 2 weeks I noticed little bumps all over my arms- sore pimples. But my face had never looked better. BUT towards the end of the second week I had THE WORST BREAKOUT IN MY LIFE!!! My face was destroyed and I couldn't leave my room for 2 days!! I thought it was because of an interaction with the omega 3 fish oil I started taking at the beginning of the second week so I stopped both.

I thought the first incident was a fluke so I (stupidly) tried it again without the fish oil this time. It took about 2 weeks for me to see an improvement in my face this time but I had very clear skin on my face for 2 weeks after that. I had lots of pimples of my legs and arms during this time. After the 4 weeks of using vitamin d, I broke out terribly again.

But vitamin d is stored in the body so I have been breaking out for 2 weeks every month for the last 3 months. And it seems to be associated with my menstrual cycle. Prior to taking vitamin d, I never had bad breakouts and my acne wasn't influenced by my cycle- but random spots. It would appear that vitamin d had some interaction with oestrogen or progesterone and I can now pinpoint the day when I will start to breakout and the day my skin will get better each month. I just wish I hadn't taken it the second time round as I don't know if these terrible breakouts every two weeks are going to be permanent :(

by jezzabella114 on 07/16/2014 09:56
1000mg or 1000iu??
Where's the sun gone?!
Reviewed on June 27, 2013

I started using vitamin d because it was on a really good deal (only cost a penny!) and I was feeling depressed about the great british 'summer' that wasn't happening. I wasn't sure if it would help my acne but I used it to try and prolong holiday skin. It did work for a while and delayed my skin from going back to normal but it hasn't really made much difference otherwise. My mood seems a lot better though, so on a non-acne related note I'd recommend it. I have also noticed I haven't had any cystic acne (touch wood!) in the month I've been using them where I'd normally get 1 or 2. When my tablets run out I will probably buy again but only if they are on offer!

Not all Good News
Reviewed on June 2, 2013

I thought that vitamin d might finally be that thing that clears me up. Find out its just another placebo induced supplement that break you out even worse. I ended up breaking out in cystic acne in areas that I never had after using it for a few months. Taking vitamin d will be taking a risk to break out even more. And for people wondering my skin break out on fish oil, when others dont. I wasted my time here.

by freja on 06/03/2013 22:35
If it's a placebo that it is not the cause of breaking you out, either.
by shurett on 05/11/2014 13:35
This is ridiculous, vitamin D is the same thing that's found in the sun so that would mean each time you walk outside you would break out in cystic acne.
Reviewed on April 30, 2013

vitamin D seems to be working for my REALLY stubborn skin.

i read that it was a trending treatment and i had a bottle of these multivitamins, so i started taking one every day to see if anything happened. i literally went from a few horrible new deep zits a week to nothing since i started. the review i read said there would be a month of purging but so far no purge for me.

here are the vitamins i am taking:

[link removed]

i have tried:

various scrubbing methods

coconut oil

lemons

accutane (worked but too dangerous to keep up)

Reviewed on April 7, 2013

A life saver! Take vitamin D3 (5,000 IU a day), it is the only kind that will work on your acne. I used epiduo before taking vitamin D3 and D3 has done a better job in controlling my acne.

Reviewed on February 8, 2013

I have had acne for a few years now and only recently has it slowed down, but has not come to a complete halt. Acne.org pointed me in the direction of vitamin D3 (Now Foods Vitamin D3). I have been taking it in combination with zinc (Source Naturals Optizinc Zinc Monomethionine 30mg) and it has been working wonders. My face is clearing up and has never felt this smooth. Vitamin D3 has definitely made a difference.

Reviewed on February 2, 2013

It's in my multivitamin and I take 2000ius on top of that. People around me suffer from my bad moods when I don't take them.

Reviewed on January 22, 2013

This is the only thing that has eliminated my oily skin and acne other than accutane. I have had acne for over 20 years and tried everything including accutane 3 times and all topicals, antibiotics and even lasers and blue light therapy.. The accutane worked wonders while on it but acne and oily skin always returned shortly after treatment. Vitamin D has all the benefits of accutane without any of the side effects. Do research on Vit D and you will find it is actually a hormone that is normally produced and absorbed in the skin by UV. Your body needs Vitamin D and if you are deficient it could be that your skin is creating excessive sebum to try and produce more Vitamin D. It's to complicated to begin to describe here but do some research online and you may find that your acne is due to Vitamin D deficiency. Give it a shot. It is cheap and you will know within a few weeks if it is working if your sebum production decreases or stops. Acne resolution could take longer if you have many whiteheads/blackheads that need to come up (just like accutane) but stick with it and you may see amazing results like I have. I take it with a Vitamin C as well.

Reviewed on December 19, 2012

Never got poorly but th i think it did improve skin a lil i took it for fair few months and 5000iu aswell. No that's not a typing error 5000iu cos i read somewhere there thinkin of changing the rda to this.