Page 5 of Vitamin B5 reviews

3.7/5 - 281 reviews

Vitamin B5

Reviewed on June 18, 2012

I basically tried this out for a week....yeah I know thats not long enough but still. I got really tired with keeping up w/ taking so many pills. And a lot of times it would make me tired and dizzy. Sometimes even too tired to stand up. Plus, it would've costed me a lot to continue on the pills. I took 5 or 10 grams a day and a whole bottle of 250 pills wouldn't have even lasted me 2 weeks.

Reviewed on May 31, 2012

Ive had acne for about 13 yrs. i get whiteheads and cysts on my cheeks and my chin. i've been on Vitamin B5 for about 7 months now and my face hasnt looked better. i dont get cysts anymore at all. but i dont get 1 or 2 whiteheads during the time of the month but they go away in 2 or three days which is great. but i see that my face looks better as time goes by. i still have brown spots from old acne but will go away as time passes. i am very happy i tryed B5 because now i can actually go outside without make up. i started taking 1/2 a gram and now im up to 5 grams which is working wonderfull for me. i took it slow because i have heard about some hair loss w/ B5 but thank god it hasnt happend to me. i do take 2 super b-complex with it and 1 biotin of 5000 mcg. i def recommend this product but make sure you take your b-complex or it wont work.

Reviewed on May 3, 2012

it was great help for me at least. Id suggest it to everyone. you should read about it 1st tho

[link removed]

Reviewed on May 2, 2012

Ever since I was 12 years old, I have suffered from breakouts. They have always been red, inflamed, painful and ugly. I am now 22 years old and for the first time in my life I can go out without wearing make up and feel confident about myself.

I take 4mg of B5 a day plus 2 zinc tablets. My skin has never looked this good. I keep getting asked what is different about me and I also have been told that I am glowing!!! For a 22 year old female, these types of compliments mean a lot, especially when I have had acne for so long.

I do recommend this, however I also recommend that you stop wearing make up and stop using products on your skin. They also contribute to aggravating your acne because they have so much chemicals!! Use organic products such as rosehip oil, tea tree oil and coconut oil.

GOODLUCK!!

Reviewed on April 30, 2012

I may have light acne. But that is from sugar restriction galore. I have very oily skin and as far back as I can remember the only thing that has ever given me drastic improvement in oil production and thus size of pores and skin texture is b5. I would recommend working your way up to the 10 though. Also as for people who are concerned with the price of buying the pills just buy it in bulk. They sell b5 powder at 500 grams a pop for a fraction of what you would pay for the same amount in capsules. Yes downing a scoopful of that stuff tastes horrible but the results and money saving is well worth it. Honestly, I think a lot of the side effects some people are noting may be from all those vitamin covers they are consuming.

Reviewed on April 24, 2012

My teenage daughter has suffered for acne for the last 4 years. Long term trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole therapy failed.

My daughter started to suffer from nodulocystic acne. With a severity such that touching her face caused pain from nodules (everywhere,cheeks, chin, nose crease, forehead, even eyebrows and eyelids).

Minocycline didn't help even after 1 month. We were considering accutane but concerned about IBS and Crohn's.

Saw clinical studies about Patothenic Acid (B5).

After 1 week at 4.5 grams daily (1.5g 3 times daily) improvement was evident. After the next week at 6g (2g 3 times daily) her face is remarkable. You would not believe it is the same girl.

It may not work for everyone -- but it has for her.

It is like a miracle.

To keep surface acne down and keep comedones from forming, and also for scar remediation she is using BP and mild dermabrasion.

Reviewed on April 12, 2012

First of all, I've read several reviews, and I have to say...I've been taking this for 10 weeks, and my hair has NOT fallen out. I also take 2 B-Complex tablets per day to avoid deficiency issues.

Results took much longer for me than others have experienced. Oil was reduced somewhat after 2-3 weeks, but came back sporadically. It wasn't until about the 7-8 week point, that I completely dried up. By dry, I mean DRY. I'm not complaining about that, as my skin was very oily.

I'd give it a shot.

Reviewed on April 7, 2012

i just had to write this review. i had been praying for a cure and this is it! in hindsight i am happy all 3 derms i went to refused to prescribe me isotretinoin (they said my acne was not bad enough :/ ). i wasn't going to give up on myself so i tried to self medicate and discovered b5 via talkingaboutacne's youtube channel.

[link removed] I absolutely cannot live without vitamin b5. i am currently taking a maintenance dose of 5g/day. if you have acne caused by super oily skin, you owe it to yourself to try this. just stick with the 10g a day (spread out throughout the day) and you will see results. Also remember to take 1 pill of B-50 complex cause B5 only works when the rest of the vitamin Bs are present in the body.

Reviewed on March 25, 2012

Seems to work, but not a miracle. Be patient.

I bought the Clear5 brand of B5 vitamins ([link removed] I got two bottles and started out with a dose of 2 pills, 3x/day. I've read that a lot of B5 vitamins require mega dosing. Not so with Clear5. I've been on these for 2 months or so now I think. I am now down to 4/day. I have not experienced any hair loss or other side effects. Some other things that I have incorporated with the vitamins:

Drink lots of water(half your body weight in oz)

Get enough sleep

Exercise(sweating is so important)

Natural skin care(Oil method, tea tree oil, etc.)

All in all I think this is worth giving a shot. You need to be patient for total results, but I did start seeing a reduction in oil after a couple weeks. Another brand I want to try is Clearzine. Apparently this is even better than Clear5, but I haven't tried it yet.

Reviewed on March 25, 2012

it DEFINITELY helped me.i feel much better leaving the house these days.i may end up upping the dosage at some point to see if it would complete clear me up