Page 4 of Vitamin B5 reviews

3.7/5 - 285 reviews

Vitamin B5

Reviewed on November 10, 2012

I want to say that 1gram per day may not be enough, you have to increase the dose. I think that or body weight its related to the amount of grams needed to get better results

Reviewed on October 29, 2012

I have literally tried everything for my acne including: accutane, antibiotics, yasmin, diane, differin, spironolactone, zinc supplements, blue light therapy, but vit b5 has worked the best. I started taking 3000 mg a day two weeks ago, and i noticed my skin starting to improve after day 3. It has a similar effect to Accutane without the awful side effects. I find 3000 mg works for me but might try downing the dosage to see what happens. I really can't believe how affective this is. I used to have mild cystic acne on my back and i no longer have any cystic acne. I am so grateful that I found this on this site. I am going to ask my naturopath to see if there are any bad side effects to doing this long term. I use the GNC brand.

Reviewed on October 20, 2012

Tried it for a few month (1g a day), it didn't do anything for me, or nothing that I was aware of.

by djungeldjur on 09/21/2014 20:28
from what ive read you need way more then 1g, like 10 grams thats what im gonna try :)
Reviewed on September 30, 2012

I only recommend this for people who have genetically oily skin types. If your skin is already dry, adding this vitamin cannot be a good idea for your skin or your hair. It doesn't always kick in within a few days as some reports state. It took a few weeks to see a substantial oil reduction by about 50-60% and I suspect it will continue to decrease from here. There is a breakout which disturbed me since I don't actually breakout just insanely oily. The only thing that got me through was knowing the breakout was because of the vitamin shutting oil production down and thus freaking out the bacteria in my face. I started with GNC first but only saw a change after using Puritan's pride which happily costs less per bottle anyway.

Reviewed on September 26, 2012

I am an 18 year old college freshman and I have mild/ moderate acne and it's enough to make me obsess. I wanted to cure my acne SO badly so i started taking B5, I only got up to about 6 grams and only could stay on it for about 10 days because i've noticed my hair falling out A LOT! I am not trying to be a downer, i've heard this stuff works wonders and that losing hair is rare, but it does happen. I am stopping taking the vitamin today and hopefully my hair will thicken back up.

I also saw positive results for my oily skin and this is probably because I haven't been on it long enough! But i'm not going to lose my hair due to this vitamin.

Reviewed on September 19, 2012

early to judge but i think it has worked so far

Reviewed on September 14, 2012

Got the 1000mg pills from Swiss, think I got 90 for 15$, so not to bad. Started taking these a week before frosh week and noticed minor break outs after a day or two. Nothing that serious but still little more then usual. Stuck it out. These went away after about a week. The next week was frosh week, and me and my friends went out drinking every night, eating terrible food, sweating, raging, and passed out every night without a shower, something that would normally break me out badly, but every morning I woke up amazed at how unfazed my skin was. I have also been smoking weed almost daily for the past two weeks, something that would also cause my skin to break out badly, but nothing. I'm going to chill out and eat healthy, get more than 3 hours of sleep a night and cut back on the drinking. Considering how good my skin is doing it will look amazing if I do all that.

Basically, if my skin made it through these past 2 weeks with minimal break outs, this stuff is magic, and definitely a buy. Highly recommended by yours truly.

Reviewed on September 5, 2012

I take 10 500mg tablets a day (5 in morning and 5 in evening). So that's 5 grams. This whole time I thought I was taking 10 grams but just realised I don't. I guess 5g is enough for me. Anyway, it definitely works and make sure you take a b complex vitamin when you take b5. I use a mega b complex tablet in morning and night with the b5. I also take a zinc tablet once a day and sometimes vitamin e but not sure if its really doing much.

I highly recommend cetaphil as a cleanser in the shower. I tried QV but it dries my skin.

Im a 21 year old male and have had mild acne since 13 and have tried everything. This is the first thing that has worked for more than a week and is also the least time consuming.

Reviewed on August 23, 2012

Early twenties whole-life acne sufferer here.

I took accutane for 3 months, but had to stop due to side effects. I took accutane even thought I didn't have much acne, but when I got zits they lingered for too long. So I started to take B5 after reading reviews, and they were right. I take 2 grams morning and night, and my oil production has gone down (still get a bit of an oily nose when wake up), and zits are gone. I did get two tiny ones since taking B5 but they disappeared within 1 day and that never happened even during accutane. Accutane works but serious side effects (horrible headache and ringing in ear) do exist and so far (1 month in) B5 has worked amazingly well.

Oh and I highly recommend capsules over tablets, digests much better.

Reviewed on August 22, 2012

It took 3 months, but 3000 mg of B5 per day reduced my acne by 80%. I still get a few pimples around my period, but it's like night and day from before.

This worked better for me than Accutane (though it may not be a fair comparison because I couldn't tolerate Accutane for more than 2 months). I have tried almost everything regardless of cost or risks, and I'm so grateful to have found something safe and inexpensive that works so well for me. It may not work as well for you, but it's so worth a shot. $20 for a 3 month supply of TwinLab B5 on Amazon which is perfect for a trial run.