Page 3 of Vitamin B5 reviews

3.7/5 - 289 reviews

Reviewed on April 11, 2013

I am a 21 year old male and I saw the reviews on b5 so I gave it a shot. At first I was shocked at how quick i was clearing my skin. about 2 weeks later I started to break out very bad. Thought it was just the "initial breakout" but after a month my face was full of cysts even in places I have never broken out in. In addition, it gave me terrible gas, and I could not sleep for more than 2 hours every night. Megadosing is not the solution. I had less side effects on accutane. Time to go back...

Reviewed on April 1, 2013

I just want to tell to those who found the vitamin b5 expensive that they should try to buy the powder version. Its much more cheaper.

Reviewed on March 30, 2013

I first used this after a terrible breakout and saw results within a week. the megadose caused bad hairloss, and to megadose it required a lot so was expensive

Reviewed on March 13, 2013

I had a pretty moderate case of acne, until I tried taking birth control for it, and it turned into a severe case of acne! I stopped taking the birth control after two months and started taking 7g of pantothenic acid (vitamin B5) a day: 7 x 500 mg in the morning and 7 x 500 mg in the evening. On top of that, I take 100 000 I.U. of the vitamin Beta Carotene: 2 x 25000 I.U. in the morning and 2 x 25000 I.U. in the evening. I noticed improvements in my skin within one week and after about probably three weeks, my skin was perfectly clear! It's actually unbelievable and I definitely suggest you try both vitamins! I'm not sure if one of them is working, or the combination of both, but either way, there's no harm in taking them! I've been on them for about 6 months now and am very pleased with my skin!

Also, on a side note, I notice that when I drink coffee, my acne flares up. If you're a coffee drinker, you may want to try stopping for a week and see if your acne clears! My skin texture changes drastically once I stop drinking coffee.

Hope this helps and please do try it!

by Atherley on 10/23/2013 14:11
The caffeine in the coffee inhibits vitamin absorption by 20% within a 24 hour period of ingestion (hence why most diet pills have caffeine as a main ingredient). Being caffeine free helps any vitamin/food/herb/supplement be more effective, and you can also take less since you regained that missing 20%.
Reviewed on March 8, 2013

Please do not take this vitamin. I made the mistake of taking 2-3 grams for about 6 weeks and stopped when my hair started falling out.This was about 15 months ago now and my hair keeps getting worse I have lost about 75% of my hair.

by Atherley on 10/23/2013 14:08
I really think the hair loss is from something else. I have been taking this for two years and I haven't seen any hair loss.
Reviewed on February 8, 2013

Great but you need a lot of money to spend sisnce dosage is high.

by Atherley on 10/23/2013 14:15
It dose cost a lot at first but after about two years (albeit slowly lowering my doses) I now take about 4 grams a day and still maintain acne free skin.
Reviewed on February 3, 2013

Great results. Been using this for a month. I have extremely oily skin, with acne on my face, back and arms. I was previously on accutance/antibiotiocs. After stopping for 2 years, my oily skin and acne came back. I didn't want to go back on accutane, as its given my some crazy side effects (scarring), so I searched for alternatives. I came across an article on Vitamin b5, and said hey why not? I thought is was a scam at first, but Vitamin b5 has worked to reduce oil and acne on my skin.

Reviewed on January 15, 2013

I highly recommend this to anyone who wants a fairly quick fix to very mild acne.

I would say it's worth the money!

by Atherley on 10/23/2013 14:17
I paid 10$ (American) for 1000 MG tablets on Amazon. I recommend you look elsewhere when your buying your vitamins. Your getting a rip off.
Reviewed on December 30, 2012

Hang in there...don't expect immediate results or you may be disappointed. B5 will work...if you give it enough time. Most people give up after a couple of months...don't! I don't write reviews lightly and I understand the frustration of acne but B5 does actuall work. I tried every product under the sun including accutane but nothing gave me the results that B5 did

Reviewed on December 20, 2012

I recommend everyone with acne should give this a try. I have been taking 5-7grams a day (10-14 pills) of the GNC Pantothenic Acid. I've only been taking it for about a week and already I am seeing smaller pores, less brake outs and significantly less oil skin. As a woman with oily skin, make-up products have always been tough! Esp eyeshadows, with the B5 I can actually wear eye make up with out it smearing all over the place after an hour! Yay! I take 2 pills (1 gram) every two hours (8,10,12,2,4,6,8) sometimes the times vary or i'll stay up late so i'll take another dose. But it's been working! Amazing results having only done it for a week! Oh, and my brake outs during "that time of the month" hardly as bad as they were. My back is even clearing up nicely. Miracle. Defintally going to keep taking like this until i'm clear then maybe just go to one pill every two hours and reduce like that slowly until I can hopefully just take a maintence dose of 1-2 pills a day!

by Atherley on 10/23/2013 14:19
I take these pills but I usually take them 4 times a day. I'm going to try your 2 hour approach it sounds intriguing.