Page 3 of Vitamin B5 reviews

3.7/5 - 277 reviews

Reviewed on November 25, 2012

I kept the dosage at 2 grams daily for about a month. The initial breakout lasted about 2 weeks , after that my oil production decreased significantly. However, a very severe tinge of red started to show across my face. At about the end of the month I stopped taking it since the amount of acne that was reduced wasn't significant enough to justify the redness/flakiness that my face was experiencing. Also the hair loss wierded me out and i started to suspect there may be long term effects of dosing this high.

Bottom Line: Try it out since it does do what it claims - reduce oil production. I would say keep the dosage at 2 grams since I saw significant decreases at that amount, any dosage over that is just overkill.

Reviewed on November 22, 2012

I would still recommend this because everyone else had amazing experiences with it so I wouldn't deny you the chance to have clear skin.

However, I tried it out for about 2 months at 6 grams a day and I saw no improvement in my acne. But my eyelashes were so much longer and they still are even though I stopping B5 a long time ago! Of course I would rather have traded the long eyelashes for clear skin: I had very high hopes for the B5 and truly thought I could have clear skin like everyone else did with this vitamin ):

But try it out though, just because it didn't work for me doesn't mean it won't for you!

Reviewed on November 13, 2012

It took me a while before I even considered vitamin supplements as acne treatment. It just never crossed my mind until I saw these reviews about six months ago.

Zinc seemed to be the most popular, so I initially tried that. It seemed to work alright, but I was still getting minor breakouts and it sometimes left me feeling sick. It also made my eyes really dry which is annoying with contacts.

I stopped Zinc, then tried B-5, and within a couple weeks, my acne was completely gone. My face hasn't been entirely clear since I was 12, and I'm 21 now. I truly can't believe how well this works, and I was such a doubter of vitamin supplements in the beginning. As long as I also wash my face with a simple cleanser every morning and night, I never see a single zit. No more skin toners or Benzoyl Peroxide. Also, I went on Accutane when I was 15, and this stuff does the exact same thing with absolutely no side effects. Amazing.

The only unfortunate part is that, because of the amount you need to take, it can be expensive. I end up spending $70-80 a month on two orders of 300 capsules. I take eight in the morning and eight at night, so 8 grams daily. This is probably overkill though, and I'm going to experiment with lower dosages.

Reviewed on November 10, 2012

I want to say that 1gram per day may not be enough, you have to increase the dose. I think that or body weight its related to the amount of grams needed to get better results

Reviewed on October 29, 2012

I have literally tried everything for my acne including: accutane, antibiotics, yasmin, diane, differin, spironolactone, zinc supplements, blue light therapy, but vit b5 has worked the best. I started taking 3000 mg a day two weeks ago, and i noticed my skin starting to improve after day 3. It has a similar effect to Accutane without the awful side effects. I find 3000 mg works for me but might try downing the dosage to see what happens. I really can't believe how affective this is. I used to have mild cystic acne on my back and i no longer have any cystic acne. I am so grateful that I found this on this site. I am going to ask my naturopath to see if there are any bad side effects to doing this long term. I use the GNC brand.

Reviewed on October 20, 2012

Tried it for a few month (1g a day), it didn't do anything for me, or nothing that I was aware of.

Reviewed on September 30, 2012

I only recommend this for people who have genetically oily skin types. If your skin is already dry, adding this vitamin cannot be a good idea for your skin or your hair. It doesn't always kick in within a few days as some reports state. It took a few weeks to see a substantial oil reduction by about 50-60% and I suspect it will continue to decrease from here. There is a breakout which disturbed me since I don't actually breakout just insanely oily. The only thing that got me through was knowing the breakout was because of the vitamin shutting oil production down and thus freaking out the bacteria in my face. I started with GNC first but only saw a change after using Puritan's pride which happily costs less per bottle anyway.

Reviewed on September 26, 2012

I am an 18 year old college freshman and I have mild/ moderate acne and it's enough to make me obsess. I wanted to cure my acne SO badly so i started taking B5, I only got up to about 6 grams and only could stay on it for about 10 days because i've noticed my hair falling out A LOT! I am not trying to be a downer, i've heard this stuff works wonders and that losing hair is rare, but it does happen. I am stopping taking the vitamin today and hopefully my hair will thicken back up.

I also saw positive results for my oily skin and this is probably because I haven't been on it long enough! But i'm not going to lose my hair due to this vitamin.

Reviewed on September 19, 2012

early to judge but i think it has worked so far

Reviewed on September 14, 2012

Got the 1000mg pills from Swiss, think I got 90 for 15$, so not to bad. Started taking these a week before frosh week and noticed minor break outs after a day or two. Nothing that serious but still little more then usual. Stuck it out. These went away after about a week. The next week was frosh week, and me and my friends went out drinking every night, eating terrible food, sweating, raging, and passed out every night without a shower, something that would normally break me out badly, but every morning I woke up amazed at how unfazed my skin was. I have also been smoking weed almost daily for the past two weeks, something that would also cause my skin to break out badly, but nothing. I'm going to chill out and eat healthy, get more than 3 hours of sleep a night and cut back on the drinking. Considering how good my skin is doing it will look amazing if I do all that.

Basically, if my skin made it through these past 2 weeks with minimal break outs, this stuff is magic, and definitely a buy. Highly recommended by yours truly.